• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth/crystal and a sense of humor :-D

Xplore

Bluelighter
Just wanted to find out what others think about crystal meth and changes in perception/sense of humor.
Do you find stuff(events/occurrences/concepts) funnier while on meth? If so, is it funny in a stupid (everything's funny I'm fucked up) kind of a way OR do you notice some underlying/deeper patterns that allow you to enjoy/laugh at something you might have not noticed otherwise?
What about your own ability to make others laugh because of some poignant observations/remarks? Do you make yourself laugh more often (than when Meth-free) as you focus on concepts and take them in and follow various logic paths quickly to some of their natural conclusions?
Basically, I noticed that when a few of my friends and I are on good meth, but not huge amounts, (and are hanging out with people who are sober), the meth people often come up with precise words to pin-point a concept, and can draw out an unlikely conclusion that's pretty funny to sober and non-sober people alike. Memory of folk humor and sayings and other applicable/useful trivia info is also easier to recollect and relate to event/thing at hand. It's almost as if the lazy brain always had this capability to quickly go through a possible list of thoughts related to a concept/event/occurrence...but while on meth, the brain actually goes thru with it and reaches the conclusions that might have taken longer otherwise. Those conclusions that are particularly funny can be easily spotted and understood/presented/enjoyed in a group setting or even appreciated when alone.
That above, anyway, has been my subjective experience with a limited amount of meth snorted on several occasions (with meth pre/post-loading at that). So I'd deff like to hear from more frequent users: any long term changes? any significant worsening or betterment of the initial humor-related effects/responses from earlier on in meth-use? Anecdotal experiences/examples and personal observations, I think, will be the best if not the only way to understand this relationship between meth and a sense of humor.
And oh yeah, if this post is a bit funny/long, then just blame it on our subject. ;)
-Edward
AIM: Xcessive77

Originally posted by Xplore:
Those conclusions that are particularly funny can be easily spotted and understood/presented/enjoyed in a group setting or even appreciated when alone.
So thats why homeless men are always laughing to themselves........their just appreciating some funny conclusions they've made......
Meth makes you faster.....and?

What I have noticed about meth is how peoples sense of humor changes that are on it. My friends and I after a few hours of meth think some of the dumbest stuff is funny. We always question ourselfs as to whether it is funny or not. But people say that we get really funny if we are tweaked and that our humor does not stop until the comedown kicks in. If people only knew the stuff that we came up with thanks to meth.

I can %100 percent relate.
Whenever I do meth, I instantly become Mr. Witty. I'm naturally witty, but since I've starting smoking on the weekends, I've been deemed the "One-upper", always one upping other peoples jokes.
It kinda sucks though, because you want to be as quick and funny without that shiat.

Everyone's minds and biochemistry works differently. When I am sober my mind moves like quicksilver, when I go crystalize I am smoothed out and more focused. Because of this my sense of humor actually diminishes on meth. I only use crystal now, when I use, and so there is not that much of a drop.

Originally posted by stimulant:
What I have noticed about meth is how peoples sense of humor changes that are on it. My friends and I after a few hours of meth think some of the dumbest stuff is funny. We always question ourselfs as to whether it is funny or not. But people say that we get really funny if we are tweaked and that our humor does not stop until the comedown kicks in. If people only knew the stuff that we came up with thanks to meth.
For real. We do laugh at some of the most twisted shit when we are tweaked out of our minds. I seem to find myself elaborating on the most trivial nonsense at times like those, or asking the same questions over and over just for the sake of talking. Like I'll drone on and on about a particular game or just come up with random witty (or what I think is witty) comments on whatever subject is being discussed. Ah, good times.

I'd have to say that meth doesn't have this affect for me.
Alcohol, yes, weed yes, acid and some other psychedelics, yes....but stims, nope.

I kinda go along with what you're saying. I find that the first day or two that I'm up, I have full use of my vocabulary and use words that are fairly uncommon in my conversations. Also i find it very easy to get philosophical while on meth, and I enjoy talking to friends about religion, life, the past, etc. I enjoy the clarity, and amazing volume of ideas and thoughts that rush through my mind...fun to write letters to family :) One more thing, I find that drawing is infinitely easier for me while on....I often go to my organic class tweaked out and have beautiful, comprehensive notes. I'll let you know what I make in there....

hey. i have been coming to this site for almost 6 mnths and invading your space merely reading you words without replying back or joining the bluelight organization. but after reading this one i had to join just to reply to this one. im 19 now but ive been friends with Meth since my 14th b-day, but none of my friends used except for one. and since a few weeks after my b-day my friend and i have tried to explain numerous times to the other brothers about why we like it, and how it makes us feel. and you just wrote exactly what ive been telling them for almost 5 yrs. im so glad i came and read your words... i have been diagnosed with clinical depression for 6 yrs, but when im on, im happy, i look at things in a different prospective, not neccesarily an altogether positive view but deffinately a different one. i guess it helps me think outside the box. it just plain helps me forget about the everyday thought pattern, and venture outward. im usually only a weekend user, but im a struggling writer, so sometimes ill stay up for a week and a couple days and i may feel like shit, but im definately anything but depressed. as you can probably tell by my rambling. i had this week off of work, so i just came about 10 minutes before i started typing. but to end. id like to say thankyou for putting in writing what ive been saying all along.

I find ice makes me a lot wittier when I don't have to hide it or anything. Good meth just makes me more empathic and emotional.

From personal observation, I would say that long-term continuous users completely lose their sense of humor about most things, most specifically the ability not to take themselves too seriously. With occasional usage, I think you're generally sharper and wittier, but I don't find it induces any rolling around on the floor laughter.

I’ve been doing meth for a long time...some what of a vet, I’ve never experienced my emotions change to make me laugh or find what im doing to be funnier.Im the type of person who kicks back and thinks about deeper subjects than humor.Not saying that humor and laughing isn’t what everyone is in it for but, I always spend my time thinking about the girl I love and cant have,or the problems im in and how I can get out. Of course my brain is running at high speeds and some things seem a lil off center compared to others.As far as I could go would be a giggle maybe a hard laugh but not much more then I would laugh if it was really funny. Meth usually makes me more of a serious person,When im on I feel like i worry too much. I think it has ALOT ALOT to do with the environment your in and the people your with. What I love about Meth is it gives me the chance to look at life from a different angle...not always a better 1, but always a different angle. You could learn alot about someone who you’ve known all your life. I would recommend it...the faster the better, go have fun
[ 26 September 2002: Message edited by: Sebastian_The_Cat7 ]

Do you make yourself laugh more often (than when Meth-free) as you focus on concepts and take them in and follow various logic paths quickly to some of their natural conclusions?
Hell, yeah! And you are not afraid to take thoughts to any logical conclusion, regardless of how unusual it may be.
I find that the first day or two that I'm up, I have full use of my vocabulary and use words that are fairly uncommon in my conversations. Also i find it very easy to get philosophical while on meth, and I enjoy talking to friends about religion, life, the past, etc.
Same here, except when I start getting tired all the clarity and speed (no pun intended) go down the toilet... and I'm left scattered with my brain firing off random patterns of thought --which can in itself be funny to others, but it is rather humiliating to me when compared to my previous mental state.
[...]long-term continuous users completely lose [...]the ability not to take themselves too seriously. I couldn't agree more.
If you use meth, and you take yourself too seriously, you are beyond screwed, you're FUCKED.
Just my opinion, I may be wrong...