• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

how do i get prescribed ritalin?

J-Van

Ex-Bluelighter
i'm fairly certain i have ADD. i have been told this since i was about 10 or so i think. my mom refused to accept this and never took me to the doctor. i'm now 21, and i still have symptoms. how would i go about getting a prescription? (it is mostly for recreation)

Hmm, maybe I'm wrong, but even if symptoms persist into adulthood, most times prescriptions for ritalin are basically only for children. I don't know of any adults that are still able to fill a ritalin prescription...

perhaps chances are a little better in adulthood that you can get something generally better, like adderall or dexedrine
im not to keen about how to request add medecine, or how to fool your way into it, but i know one thing:
when going to the doctor for abusable prescriptions, show up DRESSED NICELY - you have no clue how big an impact the doctor gets when he gets some baggy pants gangster kid compared to a well dressed working man. Woot

Easiest way to get medications is claim you have taken similar med's in the past. Doctors rarely request to see documentation or past medical records (unless you seem suspicious to them).
You can say....."I used to be on those orange adderal pills 2x daily....I think they were 20mg.....but ritalin was better for me because it didnt give me insomnia.....I dont remember the dose"
And..."I am somewhat hesitant to be dependent on these medications, but Im really suffering at work and my family...blah blah.... "
It should be easy.

Yeah, it's important to "half draw back". Like say, I really don't want to have to use them, but in the past it was the only thing that finally worked.
If they offer ssri's or some dumb shit like wellbutrin, say you have already been through it and it didn't work. Make sure to do this because they will try and push that first.
Honestly I think all the ssri's and antidepressants are much worse than some of the short acting stimulants, as long as they are used properly.

Originally posted by negrogesic:
Easiest way to get medications is claim you have taken similar med's in the past. Doctors rarely request to see documentation or past medical records (unless you seem suspicious to them).
You can say....."I used to be on those orange adderal pills 2x daily....I think they were 20mg.....but ritalin was better for me because it didnt give me insomnia.....I dont remember the dose"
And..."I am somewhat hesitant to be dependent on these medications, but Im really suffering at work and my family...blah blah.... "
It should be easy.
EXACTLY!
Claim that from the time you were 8 until you graduated highschool you were on [med of choice] .. tell the doctor that you feel you would benifit from being back on the meds - there is a good chance you will be asked "well whats wrong?" so I would RESEARCH THE SYMPTOMS of ADD/ADHD beforehand...