• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

What was your worst breakup?

Mine was with my first serious girlfriend of 1.5 years. We were kind of on a break (not really, she only said it to make me show my emotions and say I wanted to still be with her) and I decided to use it as an opportunity to fool around a little since I knew the relationship was serious and wanted to get some more hook ups in if I was going to be with this girl forever once the break was over.

So my friend wanted to visit this college that he was interested in going to the next year, and coincidentally my ex's best friend went there. I was good friends with her too, so it was no big deal for her to show me and my friend around while we were there. My friend expected me to make the arrangements, but I was busy with work and didn't feel like exerting any energy on that since I was already driving the 7 hours up there and it was really his trip. I told him if worst came to worst we could just find some girls at a party and go back to their place. He didn't have much confidence in this but at the time I was smoking a lot of weed and would come up with these ideas that would have their way of working out probably since the weed made me so calm, yet confident, and people seemed to like that in me.

Anyway, we get up there and call the girl I knew and met up with her at a party. She was with her new best friend, and after a bit of partying and bringing up we had no place to stay the girls new bestie said that her roommate was gone for the weekend so we could stay in her room for the night. We all hopped in my car (I was mostly just smoking weed so wasn't drunk) and stopped at my girlfriends friends room really quick so she could get her pillow or whatever, then we proceeded to her besties dorm. The bestie told me I didn't have to sleep on the floor, and that it was no big deal if I wanted to sleep in bed with her. It took me about 2 seconds to make up my mind on that one (hmmm, sleep on a cold, dirty floor, or share the bed with a drunk blonde sorority girl?)...

Next thing you know I'm spooning with this girl and she takes my hand and puts it down her pants. I wanted to just hook up a bit since the girl I knew was in the room, but this girl wanted to bang. So I'm trying to come up with excuses, said I didn't have a rubber but she magically produced one, and since it was cold out and I had no place else to go I kinda had to do the dirty to stay there (gotta have manners after all :)). I tried to stop but then she was yelling at me, so I continued until she let me stop.

The next morning my friend was like what were you getting raped or something, I just heard you saying "I can't do this, I wanna stop" and the girl yelling at me to continue. Anyway, after an awkward morning we finally left, and after driving for 30 minutes I got a phone call from my girlfriends friend, saying her friend said she had something to tell her, and if I wanted to come clean about anything. Now my friend said there was no way she didn't hear us, but she was playing dumb or something. So I played dumb and said no and hung up, but then she called me back 20 mins later screaming at me for having sex with her college best friend when I was dating her best friend from high school (she was in college now too, I'm no pedo). Then she told me that we had to tell my ex about it. I pleaded with her that she was under a lot of stress and there was no need for her to know, and that we were on a break so it didn't count (anyone else who has done this will tell you that line doesn't work) but she insisted, saying "either you tell her or I will." So I said "ok, have fun telling her, but I really wish you wouldn't."

30 minutes later came the dreaded phone call from my now official ex. She was crying hysterically, asking how I could do this to her. It sucked because here she thought I was all proud of this and like I went after this girl to bang, when in reality I was just trying to make out with the girl, and was basically forced into the sex. I felt pretty terrible about it, but lesson learned. So yea, that was more of the official breakup on the phone there, only an hour into my 7 hour journey home, so only 6 more hours to sulk in the sleazy misery that I brought upon myself. I really loved the girl and later realized that at the time my GAD and fear of death was causing me to push away those I loved, since I thought I would be saving them from grieving over my death that I felt was sure to come within a year of that time [read: me getting prescribed benzos and SSRIs a short time later].

About 5 years later I saw the girl I banged. I was on the train headed to the bar, and right before getting off we spotted each other. I saw her give me the "were you the guy I had a drunken one night stand with 5 years ago in college (which was 7 hours away from where we were at that time making it even crazier)?" look, and I just nodded my head at her really quick, then hopped off the train, disappearing into the night.

Half way though my post I was thinking this was a "have you ever cheated?" thread, so this applies to both that thread and this one.

We were together for four years.. we broke up four times and he was the love of my life. We were polar opposites and we both did our best to make things work but we were just not right for each other. No regrets though but I don't think I can ever communicate with him ever again. I've learned from it and it definitely made me very strong. I wish him all the best. We ended our relationship last year of feb and it was a mutual breakup.

I have never really had a "bad" breakup....I am still friends with every single person I dated in the past. However, the one that hurt the most....I was totally in love with this guy. He was the person I dated right before I met my husband. He was a drummer and wow was he good in bed. We had a great time together, but my feelings were definitely stronger than his. He broke up with me because he really liked this other girl who was "exotic."

It really hurt, it was the first time a relationship had broken up where it was not a mutual decision. We stayed friends, though. I really can't see the point of being in a relationship with someone, being their friend, having sex and intimacy and then hating them and being ugly when the break up comes...idk, that is just weird to me. Maybe if they were abusive or really did me wrong, but in that case I would not waste my own energy hating them, I would just cut them out of my life completely.

My bf of 2 years recently left me for his old school teacher.
That felt really bad.

They were all good.

Wouldn't be where i am today if they didn't happen.

Although i will add i was going out with a girl i now refer to as "satans spawn".. was with her for 2 years.. the amount of physical and emotional abuse was unreal.. had me broken down into tears many times.. but anyway..

We broke up..

A week or so later she calls me at like 5am saying: "I've just been in an ambulance and you don't even care blah blah blah blah".. I managed to get her rough location so set out on foot to find her.. was about a 20 minute walk.. I see an ambulance outside one of her mates houses and i hear this laughing in side.. so i sit on the road outside and wait (not knowing what flat number she was in).. 20 minutes later she comes out all smiling, looks at me and goes: come on.. i get up and i'm like: what the fuck?.. she rambles on about something then she escalates (unprovoked) into unwarranted anger..

She drops her bad expecting me to pick it up as i laugh and say: "I'm not pickin that up"..

We walk for another half minute when she swing around shouting things like: "YOU WERE JUST GONNA LEAVE THAT THERE BLAH BLAH".. She comes back and swings for me.. hitting me straight in the jaw / mouth.

Another time (just before we broke up) she went off and stayed round a "friend" of mines house.. they were obviously into eachother.. I go home and go to sleep.. early morning she rings me to come meet her near by.. I go and meet her and she has the exact same attitude.. has a massive go at me for no reasons and yeah.. you get the picture..

The bitch was satans spawn..

Could say that that was the worst break up but fuck me.. that was the best break up.. if it didn't happen i might will be putting up with the daily emotional torture.

Last edited:
i was with a gf for 6 months she was hot as hell but she couldn't handle my drug use so she dumped me i was so messed up that i took it really hard

I always think about an Oscar Wilde quote when it comes to breakups:

There is always something ridiculous about the emotions of people whom one has ceased to love.

I don't really have a "worst" breakup. If I'm in love, I have learned I go through phases: devastation, hurt, acceptance, and indifference. However, even if I have indifference, I can still be friends with them. But, I've had two try to come back and make it work and both times I've sabotaged the relationship. Not really purposely, but like the Oscar Wilde quote says, it's different when you aren't in love any more. The second one was the one I'll never forget, because I was totally in love with this guy at one point. I got over him, and a year later he came back. I thought I could love him again even if I was over it, because of course if I did it once I could do it again, right? It was really strange, because he tried to pull the same shit with me and I just didn't care. I really didn't care and I remember him threatening to break up and I just said "whatever" and started to leave. I remember walking away and thinking that I should be crying and heartbroken, because that's what happened before. He accused me of being cold, and I just told him that he didn't have me at the same level, because he'd already broke my heart once. He had his chance, basically. God, I totally sabotaged that relationship, and he still texts me to this day asking to try again. He was probably my worst breakup, and yet he fucked it up and after almost 3 years he still like clockwork will call me up after I treated him like total shit. He tells me every time that he wants to marry me and I'm the perfect girl. Meh. I figure if I was perfect he wouldn't have fucked it up so so so many times.

The thing about bad breakups is that you'll look back after finding someone else who is totally perfect and awesome and kick yourself for even caring at the time.

ETA: I do miss his son though. I loved that little guy more than I loved him. I'd fucking hang out with that kid still. Coolest little kid ever, and I still feel like shit that me leaving made him cry. FUCK I still feel like an asshole for that.

Last edited:
I always think about an Oscar Wilde quote when it comes to breakups:

I don't really have a "worst" breakup. If I'm in love, I have learned I go through phases: devastation, hurt, acceptance, and indifference. However, even if I have indifference, I can still be friends with them. But, I've had two try to come back and make it work and both times I've sabotaged the relationship. Not really purposely, but like the Oscar Wilde quote says, it's different when you aren't in love any more. The second one was the one I'll never forget, because I was totally in love with this guy at one point. I got over him, and a year later he came back. I thought I could love him again even if I was over it, because of course if I did it once I could do it again, right? It was really strange, because he tried to pull the same shit with me and I just didn't care. I really didn't care and I remember him threatening to break up and I just said "whatever" and started to leave. I remember walking away and thinking that I should be crying and heartbroken, because that's what happened before. He accused me of being cold, and I just told him that he didn't have me at the same level, because he'd already broke my heart once. He had his chance, basically. God, I totally sabotaged that relationship, and he still texts me to this day asking to try again. He was probably my worst breakup, and yet he fucked it up and after almost 3 years he still like clockwork will call me up after I treated him like total shit. He tells me every time that he wants to marry me and I'm the perfect girl. Meh. I figure if I was perfect he wouldn't have fucked it up so so so many times.

The thing about bad breakups is that you'll look back after finding someone else who is totally perfect and awesome and kick yourself for even caring at the time.

ETA: I do miss his son though. I loved that little guy more than I loved him. I'd fucking hang out with that kid still. Coolest little kid ever, and I still feel like shit that me leaving made him cry. FUCK I still feel like an asshole for that.

Maybe so but here I am 15 years and still alone. She was right when she said no one else would want me.

Maybe so but here I am 15 years and still alone. She was right when she said no one else would want me.

I'm sorry about that. I'm speaking from personal experience. If I'm in love, I'm totally all about giving it my all but if you break that trust, it's a different game.

I've always found someone else and then it's game over for the old guy. But that's the way it should be. I'd like to think I'm a good person and hopefully at least pick people who are good people, so the the next person who comes around is better than the last.

Treat your SO well and hopefully the one awesome partner will do the same and you can live happily ever after.

Man, I could write a whole story on what happened but I'd rather make it short. I also want to note I was sober during this entire relationship.

Anyways, I was with this girl after being single for 4 years or so and I thought she was the greatest thing to ever happen to me. She manipulated the shit out of me bad and I was so oblivious. She cheated on me after the first two weeks we started dating and I had no idea. I didn't want to go out with her one night because I was just dead exhausted and wanted to be alone that night. So she goes on fucks another dude at the party. Yeah that's cool.

Eventually after a half year she had slept with the majority of my circle of friends. Every single one of them was lying to me and I didn't know!! Then I finally found out and realized, she had slipped and I caught her. Me and my friends were all hanging out, she was getting drunk and she's sitting next to me and I notice she's texting my friend back and forth right in front of me, it was obvious. I flipped shit and asked her what was really going on. I got her to snap and tell me, and she told me everything, including things I didn't want to hear. I freaked the fuck out and was crushed, I've never been used like that before. I broke up with her immediately and said fuck off to everyone.

A week later I started using again, went crazy on Methamphetamine and all kinds of benzo's, mostly Xanax and Valium and Kpins from what I can remember. But yeah, that shit wasn't cool.

long story short, my ex and i started dating when i was 14 and he was 17. he was my first love and serious relationship. we lasted a year and about 3 months. he was the dealer in my highschool, thats how we met. i had to pursue him and eventually one day things started falling into place and we started getting serious. when he wasnt around i would lightly cheat on him since i felt lonely but then i would tell him about it afterwards. he loved me so much and trusted i would never do anything like that again, but when i started getting into doing cocaine everything spiraled out of control.i became really fucked up and started dating my coke dealer, sleeping around with different guys, just being promiscuous.time after time he still forgave me and it really hurt him.but i couldnt stop going back and fourth between my coke dealer and my first bf.eventually my bf said he had enough and broke up with me. it was for the better anyway.but then i realized that i wanted him back so badly but it was too late. now hes still in a 7 year relationship with a girl i considered a good friend, whatever.i was such a bitch , so ya drugs and my mental retardedness tore us apart.

after the break up i tried to kill myself, got into prostitution, more harder drugs, drinking more alcohol than ever, just let myself go and let anyone use me.i really went down i was depressed for in seemed like ages..im kinda still not over it.

First post here, hope it isn't too long but the topic caught my eye quite serendipitously.

I'm currently still in a bit of a purgatory with my girlfriend of a year and a half (let's call her Katy), but I believe it is just about over. We've been on and off since we met, but when we did meet it was intense and passionate, the most in love i've ever been. Meeting her initially made me believe in soul-mates, and I could tell she felt the same way (at one point we looked into eachother's eyes after making love and saw in eachother visages of past lives, it was very surreal and scary).

To provide some context, I had just come from a relationship with a girl who had cheated on me with my friends and made me grateful to be single again, as I am one who really values solitude. Katy was in a relationship of 5 years but wanted out, it was driving her into dark places for a number of reasons. So one day I messaged her that we should be friends, because I had seen her around town and we had always locked eyes with deep smiles for long slow moments, but had never engaged in conversation. She agreed and we began a sort of online correspondence. It eventually led to me going over to her boyfriends house to hang with them and their crew. I had no intention of trying to break them apart (well...maybe a little bit) but a few days after we hung, we expressed to eachother that there was an undeniable and intense attraction, and she began to reveal to me all kinds of relationship troubles she was having, and how it was making her very sad and unhealthy. I listened and said that I did not know what to do about this, I did not want to make her do anything she might regret. 5 years in a relationship is a lifetime to an 19 year old, and there must have been a deep bond that I felt I had no business in interfering with, but nonetheless I was so deeply enamored, cupid's arrow had lodged itself in my vitals and i was bleeding purple blood out of every pore when I would see her or even receive a message from her. She eventually came to my work and we hugged for a long time, she had had a rough day and did not want to go back to her boyfriend's house. We never left eachother's sight for long after that, and a few months later we moved several hours away and began living together, starting a new life. Needless to say it was a difficult transition and the love-fueled passion was not suffice entirely to overcome some straining personality traits that were starkly contrasting between us. Yes it was very naive and stupid to drop and run so fast, but there was much beauty and freedom to be had, a marvelous revelry of springtime, sun-soaked green spawn, we even bought a cat! What a wonderful and ridiculous time! After our year lease expired she moved back home and I stayed in the country, we just couldn't get along after awhile. The little things piled up and our love couldn't quite overcome basic personal needs. We tried to maintain our relationship, but she also found another guy who was there to swoon her after the ordeal, and she was ripe to be swooned. She told me throughout that she did not love him, but needed companionship since I was not there to give it to her, fair enough. Not long after, however, they fell through and she wanted to try again long distance. I agreed, I missed her tremendously and knowing I had neglected her needs in the past and hoping to grow through it all, we got back together hoping to entertain a sort of mutually agreeable "open relationship". I thought I would be able to handle that, but after meeting on her birthday to go to an Ariel Pink concert with her (and the guy who had swooned her not long before) and sullenly watching her make out with Ariel for hours, I realized I may not be game for the open relationship (at least when that openness is occurring 2 feet away from me). Needless to say it was very strained after this, and it was ready to fall through again. But then, we started making music together and this rekindled something profound, and brought us together again for a time. Of course, habits return, and one's personality and self are impossible to avoid for long, so our petty strains began mounting once more, and the distance only further exacerbated things.

Now, she has asked for a break once more because she is lonely and needs male companionship, and I am still not there to live with her. Fair enough. I think now I am ready to throw in the towel. We had a beautiful run, it was strange and exciting and opened me up to so many beautiful things and has improved me as a person, for that I am grateful to have been with her. But the stress of our relationship is simply far to chaotic and the crests and troughs far too dense and frequent. I think we will be good friends when we can overcome the emotional strains that still ring resonant, encroaching on even simple daily tasks due to the close proximity of events, but I believe now that I am ready for a new chapter.

Sorry for the length, this all just happened from last year to a few days ago, so it's still fresh on my mind. I've also never found a proper medium to express this stuff really, so it all just poured out once I popped the cap.

So basically, TL;DR - met a girl, fell mythically in love, moved on a whim to make a new life, realized we didn't really know each other that well, problems, breakups, reunions, attempts to salvage and rekindle, finally somber and tired relinquishment of the storybook happily ever after love, in the face of stark reality. Good luck everybody, relationships are not easy, but in the words of Heraclitus, "All flows, all is change."

She is crazy. So you're still alone.... get out there... try... I'm sure you can find someone!! Your ex wife seems mean and manipulative and you're probably better off without her anyway. <3

To answer the original question
I've only had one breakup. It was difficult but I did have my now boyfriend around so it wasn't THAT difficult for me. I consider myself very lucky that I've never had to go through any really tough breakups.

My "worst breakup" was the first one, of course, the one with whom I considered to be my first real girlfriend, my "first love."

I was 17, and she was 16, and I was just madly, madly in love with her -- absolutely head-over-heels in love with this girl. I thought that I was going to marry her; I thought that we would have a family and grow old together; I could not imagine ever not being with her. The thought just never crossed my mind...

... until she broke up with me! And man, was I crushed. I was so deeply depressed. It put me in the hospital. I mean, I fell the fuck apart! I couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, couldn't concentrate in school. It was all I thought about. It was terrible, just awful... and I didn't come out of it for months. Not a good experience... not at all...

actually i broke up with my fiance on her birthday because she was becoming more and more of a bitch over the previous few years and i reached my breaking point