View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Im in a permatrip from 25I-NBOMe! Help!

Printermachine

Greenlighter
I took 2 and a half hits of 25I-NBOMe and smoked some weed and i was trippin hard! I was having such a great time and literally laughed with my friend at nothing for an hour. I decided I had to go because it was late and got in my car and drove home. Everything was dark and when I turned in to my neighborhood I went into a bad trip/panic attack. I dont know how to explain this feeling but I could no longer move and tried turning my head and it seemed like it was in complete slow motion. It felt like my whole body went to being weightless. Well, when i got home I was having trouble breathing and my heart was pounding and I thought I was going to die. Well, it finally got better. for the next 2 months every time I try smoking weed, I have a panic attack and my vision is a lot different which makes being high no fun. I feel like im tripping. When I look at my hand it just looks like I'm holding it in front of a painting because the background seems fake. I quit smoking. Last week I was sitting in my room when that exact same feeling I had when I had the bad trip came back. I went extremely light feeling and couldnt move. I had a horrible panic attack because it frightened me and now since that day, my trip came back. It looks like my hand is in front of a painting and when I'm outside it looks soooo weird. I have no idea how this even is happening and it has been over a week and I still have it. i feel like I'm in a permatrip. I dont do anything anymore as a result. It has gotten me depressed because I dont know how to fix it and nobody really understands what I'm talking about because I feel like I am the only one to ever have this problem in the world. Please tell me what I can do to get out of this. i cant live like this. How can i fix this?

That sucks man, I'm sorry to hear your having suck a rough time. That NBOME shit its really weird. It can effect everybody differently and can even effect the same person differently at different times. I don't know a ton about it's mechanism of action or how it really works but I do know it's a strong serotonin antagonist. Which means that it blocks the receptors from receiving serotonin. I have no idea if this would work or not but try taking 5-HTP. It will give you more serotonin to work with and possibly up the chances of more of it going where it should. I'm not a doctor or scientist though, just a dude lol. I doubt taking 5-htp would hurt anything though. Maybe give that a try?

a guy I knew at college told me a story of how his uncle took a shitload of lsd in the 70s and never came down. he was still tripping balls until the day he died. scary shit

sometimes when i smoke weed i get an uncomfortable feeling in my head like i'm tripping again, but it's worse than tripping. i took lsd (it might have been nbome) 4 times this summer and ever since this has happened. it happens especially when i smoke weed and then drive. the mindset that driving puts me in causes it worse? it stopped for a while but then last night it happened really bad. it was really uncomfortable. i didn't feel good at all for a while after. i feel like eventually it would go away completely but it really annoys me.

Psychedelics can induce long lasting visual disturbances (it's called HPPD). Unfortunately there aren't really much to do about it. Certain medications can help, though I do not recommend using them since they are horribly addictive (gabapentin/pregabalin/benzodiazepines). You are not the only one in the world who have gotten visual disturbances from doing psychedelics though, I have been having the "oily painting" effect since 8 years back.

Try not to attach emotions to your visual disturbances because I am pretty sure they are just that. By reminding you of your bad trip they trigger panic attacks, which in turn makes it feel like the trip is coming back. It is not. I think you have just aquired HPPD and unfortunately is going to have to learn to live with it untill it disappears, if it does.

Psychedelics can also lower weed tolerance drastically from days to weeks for me, if weed is giving you panic attacks you should try and smoke alot less, or nothing at all for a while and see how that turns out.

I dont know if this will work but take some risperdal/zyprexa/seroquel. those meds keep you from tripping. it might be temporary but maybe itll fix it

2 1/2 hits of NBOMe is a pretty bad idea, considering most blotters are 1 mg each and about 1/2 that is a full dose. Why would you take a massive OD of NBOMes? They're not even pleasant in a normal dose. As for how to fix it, I don't know. Nobody really knows much about the pharmacology of NBOMes, that's why they're called "research chemicals". Maybe go on Valium or something like that.

It sounds like you have PTSD from your experience. You may want to seek therapy.

You are going to be able to be fine. Brains are amazing things, and as much as they can make us unhappy, they can heal. There is an extremely slim chance that your brain is physically damaged in any way. I concur with the above poster in that you have a form of PTSD. I would treat it as such. You can heal, you can get grounded again.

I'd just like to add a few things:

1. Contrary to what was previously stated, 25i-NBOMe is a 5-HT2A full AGONIST, not an antagonist. Adjust any research you may be doing accordingly.

2. It does seem possible that you are suffering from HPPD, and if this is the case, do not attempt to alleviate your symptoms with risperdone as was previously suggested, as this has been known to paradoxically aggravate the symptoms of HPPD.
( Source: http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/health/hppd/hppd_faq.shtml#triggers )

3. I would also like to reinforce Toz's point about GABA agonists, they have been known to attenuate the symptoms of HPPD, but they are extremely addictive, and should not be considered as an option unless your symptoms have become completely unmanageable and you have exhausted all other possible options, INCLUDING a prolonged period of sobriety and patience while waiting for the symptoms to clear up on their own, which does happen quite frequently. Trust us, as bad as things seem now, withdrawl from a GABA agonist is much worse. Much worse as in seizures and the possibility of death in the acute stages of withdrawl if not properly managed, as well as a nasty little thing called PAWS (Post-Acute Withdrawl Syndrome) that can last for years and make feeling pleasure near-impossible, and this is not an exageration.

Beyond all that, there is something very important: have hope. You are not the only one, many of the denizens of Bluelight have been exactly where you are today, and many have gotten better.You may have HPPD, you may have PTSD, we can't know for sure which one it is, or if it is something else entirely. The point is, don't let it rule your life, as difficult as that may seem at the moment. Do your best, take it a day at a time, and never lose hope that you will recover. HPPD is poorly understood, but PTSD is not, and a positive attitude can be very helpful in cases of PTSD, so keep that in mind. You have all of Bluelight behind you, so any time you are feeling down, have a question, or just want to talk to someone who has been there or knows someone who has been there, you know where to look.

Let me just close this post by saying that although I have never personally experienced HPPD, I have had many close, real-life friends who have, and have known many more through the internet. Most of them have recovered completely, most of those who didn't have seen a great reduction in symptoms, and the few who are left have learned to live around it, and now live normal lives. The method that has had the most success is abstinence from psychedelics and especially MARIJUANA, exercise, healthy diet, a positive attitude, and most importantly, patience.

Check out Erowid's HPPD FAQ that I linked to earlier, and search around about PTSD and what can be done to help it. Feel free to ask for any help or clarification you need, we'll always do our best.

It sounds like you have PTSD from your experience. You may want to seek therapy.

This. Seems you are having flashbacks from a traumatic experience. This does not sound like HPPD. The faster you seek help the better.

I think HPPD and PTSD are very closely related. HPPD doesn't typically come from happy, smooth psychedelic experiences; they come from scary, traumatic ones. HPPD is characterized by "flashbacks," and yet, so is PTSD. With PTSD, something from the traumatic experience is still with you, sort of stuck in your mind, as with HPPD. See the correlation?

Great post, SeenSoFar. :) Let me reiterate the following advice, as it's invaluable and cannot be repeated enough:

Most of them have recovered completely, most of those who didn't have seen a great reduction in symptoms, and the few who are left have learned to live around it, and now live normal lives. The method that has had the most success is abstinence from psychedelics and especially MARIJUANA, exercise, healthy diet, a positive attitude, and most importantly, patience.

I think for some people HPPD lays dormant and is only exacerbated by the use of cannabis. I had the same problem after eating a massive amount of mushrooms in a short period of time. Before I abused the mushrooms I would smoke an average of 2-3 grams of high grade stuff a day, afterwards one hit of the same stuff would send me into a complete panic attack and put me into what felt like a bad trip. A year later I am finally able to enjoy getting stoned with out having a panic attack.

This is not necessarily connected to HPPD though, and let me explain why. When I was a young boy, I loved to smoke marijuana. I smoked like crazy and had no end of fun doing it. Once my psychedelic career began marijuana very quickly lost every single ounce of magic it once held. It went from being a euphoric, social experience to being one of two things: If I smoke less than a certain amount, it has only antiemetic and anxiolytic effects, with no 'high' present at all. If I cross some threshold, I get an incredibly uncomfortable, paranoid, anxious, unpleasant feeling, along with intense sedation. It usually leaves me laying down and sleeping it off. At no time, however, does it leave me hallucinating or returning to a psychedelic mindset. I'm not saying that the OP is experiencing the same thing, my point is just that a sudden reversal in the effects of marijuana is not necessarily tied to HPPD.

I think HPPD and PTSD are very closely related. HPPD doesn't typically come from happy, smooth psychedelic experiences; they come from scary, traumatic ones. HPPD is characterized by "flashbacks," and yet, so is PTSD. With PTSD, something from the traumatic experience is still with you, sort of stuck in your mind, as with HPPD. See the correlation?

See I would rather separate the two. The mental scars after a bad trip, and I will not downplay how serious those can be, and persistent trip like after effects seem like two different things to me. This example of HPPD came a half hit trip that was mild yet resulted in years of HPPD.

"Early one night in the fall of 1987, a college freshman ate half of a microdot of lysergic acid diethylamide on his way to a party. He was young, but more than a little familiar with mind-altering chemicals: LSD, mescaline, psilocybin, and other, less common psychedelics. This trip, by comparison, turned out to be only a “mild experience.” The tingling euphoria, splendid visuals, and sudden bursts of insight mostly wore off by the time he retired to his dorm. But the following morning, some effects still remained."

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/elements/2013/05/a-trip-that-lasts-forever.html

It might not be popular to say around here but I still think LSD use/abuse can make otherwise sane people snap permanently. Syd Barret or Brian Wilson being examples. What happened to them though seems different than HPPD to me anyway. In other words mental illness than was helped along by LSD use is different than the anxiety and depression people spiral into when a trip just won't end.

My HPPD was not triggered by a bad trip, it was triggered by a fun, relaxed mid-dose trip of what was sold as n-ethyl-2cb but was indistinguishable in effects from actual 2cb, so I believe it actually was that rather. Anyway, the mental effects faded, but the visuals never truly did.

I didn't even know it was NBOMe until a few weeks ago. I get the same feeling I got from the NBOMe atleast once a day, mostly at night