• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

serotonin syndrome how long will it take to recover?

serotoninsyndrome

Greenlighter
its been a couple months since i mixed mdma and maio like a dumb ass 8) just wondering how long it will take to recover i feel like shit 24/7 and any tips to recovery?

Hi SS,

Serotonin Syndrome is an acute condition which would land you in hospital. Not a long-term problem with serotonin. If you're still feeling bad a couple of months later perhaps there is a different cause, or you're experiencing a long-term comedown. In which case, I recommend exercise, a healthy diet & 5-HTP.

Welcome to BL!

i did land in the hopsital after a hypertensive crises from the combo i dont understand how taking 5-htp which increases serotonin would help with this? bit confused

Well, if you're feeling shit as a result of Serotonin Syndrome induced by MDMA & MOAI's (a very bad combination), there's a chance that the ordeal completely diminished your serotonin stores. This could be what is causing your shitty feelings. As a result, supplementing 5-HTP may help to replenish your serotonin stores and stop you feeling shitty.

Your continued symptoms are not related to serotonin syndrome, as as was stated above, that's an acute condition. 5-htp will help with recovery of depleted serotonin, which shouldn't be an issue, though, as it's already been well over a month.

ebola

so your saying the reaction depleted alot of my serotonin?

Well, it would have at the time. Serotonin Syndrome is characterized by extremely large amounts of serotonin being released, which will deplete your stores. Couple this with the fact that MDMA will inhibit enzymes responsible for the reproduction of serotonin and serotonin stores struggle. But like Ebola? pointed out, it's been well over 1 month so your serotonin should have recovered. Perhaps there is another reason causing your problems?

so your saying the reaction depleted alot of my serotonin?

Right, but the interaction of the mdma and maoi should theoretically reduce mdma-mediated neurotoxicity (while increasing cardiotoxicity, as your hospital visit demonstrated), a key marker being 5ht depletion. So it really shouldn't have been worse than with a large dose of mdma taken alone.

ebola

Well not really serotonin agonists only mimic serotonin and have certain binding affinities to certain types of serotonin receptors.
Your serotonin depletion will not have lasted this long provided you stayed away from serotonin releasers (mdma and cocaine mainly)
If you have continued to use serotonin releasing drugs, then your serotonin stores will still be low, and 5-htp will help increase that.
5-htp won't cause a large amount of serotonin to hit your receptors, as it only affects pre synaptic levels, but if your levels are low, your body won't be able to use as much as it normally does to mediate the various things serotonin controls, in your case the main one being mood.

In your case I'm pointing towards a particularly long withdrawal, which have been common. There's several threads in this forum regarding long mdma recoveries.
Just exercise and eat healthy and it will do you a world of good, and if you already do those things, just keep at it. You will get better

Most serotonin receptors do make you feel good.
All "classic" psychedelics are serotonin agonists

At any drug store, london drugs, etc.
Take a look up on proper dosage, and I wouldn't use it past 3 weeks.
It may have you develop racing thoughts, you can quit it then if this is a side effect for you

well its werid cuz other peeps who have had serotonin syndrome say you shouldn't take anything that ups your serotonin?

Glad you made it out alive! Just stay away from all drugs for a long, long, long while. Maybe quit ;)

well its werid cuz other peeps who have had serotonin syndrome say you shouldn't take anything that ups your serotonin?

I don't think you understand what Serotonin Syndrome is. Read it up on Wiki. The reason people say you should avoid things that both cause a serotonin increase is because when taken together they can cause Serotonin Syndrome. Just like MDMA & MOAIs. MDMA = Serotonin release, MOAI = Blockage of serotonin breakdown. Together = Serotonin release, no breakdown = massive serotonin levels. We're suggesting 5-HTP because by releasing such a high amount of serotonin (during your SS), your brain may now be in a state of serotonin deprivation. Thus, 5-HTP may help your problems.

I'm really surprised that you seem to know so many people who have experienced it. It's really severe and rare.