Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Meth - IV - First Experience

Anomy

Greenlighter
First I would like to start with saying I am not an experienced meth abuser. I could probably count the number of times I've used meth on my two hands in the past 12 years. It's just not my thing. This would be my first usage now in 4 years.

You may be asking yourself why would I be doing such a thing if I don't use meth on a semi-regular basis. Ill explain. Eleven years ago at the ripe age of 17 I developed a severe IV addiction to oxycodone. Unfortunately I had a free and limitless supply. Long story short I broke free of the hell I was in and have only slipped up once in 11 years, albeit a minor one. I am, however, forever haunted with a addiction to the needle. Recently I've been trying to convince myself to score oxycodone again. This terrifies me because even though I don't want to, I just never know what I will do. I decided that perhaps I could IV a different drug to satisfy my thirst for needle usage/oxy. I could never do meth for more than two days because the come downs were so horrible for me. So bingo, meth it is.

My stats as follows. I am male. About 5'5" and 135 lbs. Skinny as a rail doesn't quite describe me.

My experience.

I obtained 1 gram of product. This is definetly the cleanest I have ever seen in person. Crystal clear and mostly large shards. It is, however, not the strongest I've ever had.

Three days ago I insufflated a dosage similar to those I had done in the past. It definenatly works all right. Good stuff. I was up from 9 pm to 830 pm the next day when I finally took a valium to help aid my sleep.

The duration was there, but I didn't feel quite as geeked as a couple previous experiences.

My reasoning for snorting first was to test quality of product. After coming down I prepared myself for IV. Lots of sleep and big meals before hand.

I've done some research on dosages, but unfortunately I have no scales to accurately measure these small quantities. I will do my best to describe the amounts at each usage.

My first injection would equal a dosage at about half of what I would insufflate. About a inch and a quarter long and very skinny. It's a line, but it's not thick and compact by any means. A 30 ml solution of water/meth would eventually be pulled into a syringe and injected. It was 4:30 pm at time of first injection.

At this point I am expecting a huge rush as I have read about all over the net from IV meth users. Half my thrill is the needle use and the other half is the rush accompanied by the IVd drug. I was disappointed. I expected similar effects achieved from IVd oxy. There was no rush what so ever, I was however instantly tweaking.

Second injection. I allowed 4.75 hours to pass before dosing a second time so as to give me time to recover from any plateau I may have established. The dose was doubled this time and equaled what I would be comfortable insufflating. I didn't, however, feel comfortable about IVing this dosage. I've never considered insufflating more than said dosage and now I'm IVing the same quantity. Other people would, but I wouldn't. This time though I am certain I will get the desired rush. It is 9:15 at time of injection.

Approximately 3-4 seconds after injection I feel something. It's not so much a rush feeling, but I can physically feel my heart rate increase drastically. I feel in my chest what I suppose some might call the "rush" during this time of increased heart rate. It's not euphoric and amazingly pleasant, however. Initially, I thought perhaps the feeling in my chest was me walking the fine line of "hell yea" and "too much, too late". I remained fine, however, and was now puzzled as to why I wasn't experiencing what others have described.

A third injection occurs 2.5 hours from most recent dose. At this point I am afraid to increase too much more per dosage. Against better judgement I do increase the quantity dosed, but not so much that I could describe the disparity between the last one. I am now more or less just satisfying my IV fetish. I had given up the idea of experiencing anything resembling even a small dose of oxycodone. Time of injection is 11:45 pm.

As with the previous injection a fluttery feeling overcomes my chest about 3-4 seconds from doing so. I was at least surprised I experienced this again considering the smaller time margin between previous dose. Nothing much to tell here that wasn't already covered in the second injection.

That is my report on first time experience with IVd meth. No further injections were attempted. I did not feel like I knew enough to push forward and increase dosage.

I am hoping fellow users will shed some light on proper dosages. I am hopeful that I simply just did not dose a proper quantity to achieve desired effects. I am also concerned though, since I am not a residual meth user. I understand that some people tolerate drugs differently. I am, however, only a 135 lbs and have never experienced an elevated tolerance to any substance when compared to the average user.

Please ask questions. Please comment. Looking for feed back in general, positive or negative.

Thanks, Anomy.

i shot .2gs my first shot and it was amazing but i have a freak high tolerance from the get go to anything so if you snort a dose shoot that dose to see if that will give you the rush

This is my first post on this site anyway... I have around 4 years of experience with a very wide range of chemicals and my first ivs with meth were somewhat similar. It wasn't until a friend of mine convinced me to try around .15-.2g that i really felt the rush and believe me it is quite an experience. However if/when you do cross that road its very easy to develop a habit. You won't experience the kind of withdraws that you'll get from an OC habit or any hard opiates but that rush is something that 9/10 users chase so be careful. Best wishes and hope you stay away from the opiates i had a habit myself and i've been trying to stay away from em successfully for about 5 months so far.

No rush, eh? I'ver never felt a rush off iv amphetamine either, despite all the stories you hear about it. Caused me to take 600mg iv amphetamine sulfate (no tolerance at the time) in one sitting before because I kept figuring I must not have taken enough for a rush. Eventually I tried MDPPP iv and that definitely caused a massive rush. Way too intense, crazy fucking shit, fuck that!!

I too have been struggling with injectable drugs for many years. I recently kicked a short cocaine habit that was detrimental to my physical and emotional health.
While I was caught up in this addiction I was living with a guy who had a steady hook-up. Front door delivery which was at the time a great convienience. Long story short, our guy came through one day only to tell us he only had meth. We were looking pretty forward to getting high that day so we took what we could get. I was very hesitant considering this was my first experience (shooting) meth. I was also quite suprised with the lack of "rush" that I had heard so much about. In fact, I felt like it sort o krept up on me over the span o 2-3 mins. My muscles instantly became stiff and my heart was racing so fast I had to lay down for a few seconds. I ended up staying awake pretty much all night and was suprised to see that a gram lasted me almost 2 days maintaining a comfortable high. On the last day of my "trip" I began to feel very ill almost dillusional with severe nausea and weakness. I took a bath to try and relax and noticed my feet looked HUGE ! I wasnt sure if it was my mind playing tricks on me, so I stood up and looked in the mirror. My ENTIRE body had swollen up. My legs, my arms, my cheeks and lips. Even my BOOBS seems swollen. I went to the hospital and they couldnt find anything wrong. Over the next few days my legs remained swollen to the point where I couldnt walk properly. I dont know if this had anything to do with injecting meth for I am very careful and sanitary when i inject. So in conclusion My first experience started off pretty managable and enjoyable but ended pretty horribly. I dont think Ill EVER shoot it again but am thankful for the experience I suppose. lol.

I'm new to meth and my buddy said you need more meth if you want to shoot it compared to you usual snorting smoking amt

I too have been struggling with injectable drugs for many years. I recently kicked a short cocaine habit that was detrimental to my physical and emotional health.
While I was caught up in this addiction I was living with a guy who had a steady hook-up. Front door delivery which was at the time a great convienience. Long story short, our guy came through one day only to tell us he only had meth. We were looking pretty forward to getting high that day so we took what we could get. I was very hesitant considering this was my first experience (shooting) meth. I was also quite suprised with the lack of "rush" that I had heard so much about. In fact, I felt like it sort o krept up on me over the span o 2-3 mins. My muscles instantly became stiff and my heart was racing so fast I had to lay down for a few seconds. I ended up staying awake pretty much all night and was suprised to see that a gram lasted me almost 2 days maintaining a comfortable high. On the last day of my "trip" I began to feel very ill almost dillusional with severe nausea and weakness. I took a bath to try and relax and noticed my feet looked HUGE ! I wasnt sure if it was my mind playing tricks on me, so I stood up and looked in the mirror. My ENTIRE body had swollen up. My legs, my arms, my cheeks and lips. Even my BOOBS seems swollen. I went to the hospital and they couldnt find anything wrong. Over the next few days my legs remained swollen to the point where I couldnt walk properly. I dont know if this had anything to do with injecting meth for I am very careful and sanitary when i inject. So in conclusion My first experience started off pretty managable and enjoyable but ended pretty horribly. I dont think Ill EVER shoot it again but am thankful for the experience I suppose. lol.
Keep in mind it is unlikely that meth was the only substance you injected during those two days. I'd guess some impurity caused this.

I'm new to meth and my buddy said you need more meth if you want to shoot it compared to you usual snorting smoking amt
I cannot speak from experience, since methamphetamine isn't really around where I live and I never bothered to score it, but that sounds like complete and utter bullshit. IV'ing a substance is pretty much always the ROA with the highest bioavailability, eventhough it doesn't always make sense to go for IV over other ROA's. Maybe you end up using more when you IV (again I wouldn't know), but you sure the fuck won't end up with more meth in your bloodstream after smoking/snorting meth vs mainlining the same amount.

First I would like to start with saying I am not an experienced meth abuser. I could probably count the number of times I've used meth on my two hands in the past 12 years. It's just not my thing. This would be my first usage now in 4 years. [...]
Huge Kudos for your achievement to stay sober for such a long time. That gives me hope! I've only started iv'ing this summer (ketamine, later psychedelics and stims) and after as little as 2 month i have developed such a massive obsession with that feeling of complete and utter tremor inducing anticipation that causes sweat to pour out of pores and leaves me with no regard for my health cosmetic integrity if it stands in the way of me and the rush. Whenever I see a vein, even on top a foot I get crazy excited, somewhere between horny, melancholic and in a state of pleasant anticipation for the next day i can use (usually tomorrow). and I even lost a large cubital vein (the largest superficial one on the arm, median antecubital ) due to ketamine and extravasal osmolar damage causing an 8mm ulcer that took 6 weeks to heal. last week i had found a very large blood clot in that favourite vein, leading to an awful lot of pain due to the inflammatory processes it caused or maybe was caused by. yet have already found me slamming two days later (not 3fp though).

17 years of daily drug use, never suffering any serious issues and remained fully functional on a social level. now with needles, ive actually been consciously using it as an escape mechanism which ended up leaving me to prefer drug over social interaction with my friends.

but hey, that was a little OT, since this is about the rush you lacked. a wise man posted to the big n dandy 3fp thread that stimulants show is no conscistency in dosage across different users. some want the rush, others just want to be stimulated. now, the rush only kicks in at very high doses, often bigger than most

i have not been using enough stimulants for a while before a couple of month before this episode began, but i am probably so tolerant because i take a NDRI daily, but i did 150mg in my first dose and 250 the second time. yesterday i injected a whopping 500mg in a single shot. ecstatic as fuck for 2h, like a seemingly neverending full-body orgasm, it had me growning and moaning (while playing with that dick of mine lol). ironically people have been labelling it as a subtle functional stimulant, but im afraid the nature of the beast is still to reveal itself! "Make my words!" ;)

but regarding my own with other stimulants, its usually enough to keep me riding the high for much longer than a low doses would. 30h until i can go to sleep without olanzapine after a high amphetamine dose.

ive never had a rush off amphetamine, not even during the very first few times when I injected 200mg pure amp phosphate at one time. this still does not beat what happened on mdppphttp://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/687139-MDPPP-Any-experience. cocaine gives most people a rush at comparably low doses, i dont know about meth. I hear it is very prominent, but what all this really boils down to is not having any idea what an average meth dose is in order to cause a rush.

oh and before i forget, congratulations to your good decision making there. lets hope it wont drag you back down into that awful inner prison that addiction can be. :( the most common german expression for both addiction and dependence is derived from the word ailment).

Last edited:
Dude snorting and smoking gives you a better rush than iving. In my honest opinion, iving is a more smooth high.

IV methamphetamine is intense, if it's of ANY kind of quality. Usually the amount of meth I'd need for a decent shot was the amount I'd use if I were to insufflate a small line of shard...I'd crush up the crystal into powder, then sprinkle the powder into the bottom of a syringe plunger cap. The bottom of the cap should be covered just enough with the powdered crystal...I usually preferred it to be completely covered, but not much more than that. Big shots of meth aren't something I enjoy...big shots of heroin, yes, big shots of meth, no

From a separate container of sterile water I'd draw up about 30 or 40 units into a syringe, then would squirt that liquid into the meth-containing plunger cap, where it would sit for a minute or two before I'd draw it back into the syringe, the resulting solution in the needle looking no different from crystal-clear (no pun intended) water. Register the vein (dark scarlet blood shooting back into the syringe barrel before being pushed back in...that was something I always loved, the dark blood contrasting against the clear solution) and boom!

The rush is immense. Sometimes it's so strong I feel the urge to vomit almost...have never gotten to the point where I've hurled but it's felt close at times. The analogy I use a lot is, a good sturdy IV meth rush makes your body feel like it's a submarine going to incredibly deep depths...like everything clenches up and tightens. But you feel amazing at the same time; the mental high and euphoria are pretty much beyond compare, IMO

The guy used 30 ml of water?!that's a rush killer if anything

My first shot was my biggest, .25-.3 from a friend who wanted to show me how powerful it could be when done wrong (Low key, I kind of got what I deserved for being so na?ve). He punctured quickly into my massive Cephalic vein and exposed the deep burgundy like blood. As quick came in, was as fast as he pushed the plunger down. I could feel something in my neck, something arising? My vision brightened instantaneously, I immediately wanted to plan things, and my hairs stood up like soldiers called to attention. Indeed, it was joyous at first...
It plunged into a horrendous trip when my friend (and another) drove me around some country roads. I couldn't believe my eyes, we were going 40mph yet it felt as though we were going 80-85mph! Soon thereafter though, we went to a grave of a friend's relative. It was quite a surreal thing to witness while being so overtaken in..., not euphoria, but harmony. So sad, yet understandable. It happens to everyone some day.
They took me to a super-store so to say (You can probably figure it out). From here on out they let me be. On my own. I walked with a strange gait toward the entrance and was entranced by its enormity and the colors of all the various items. People looked at me strangely, as though I were some living ghost. The aisles and lanes felt like they would lean on me, and I honestly probably thought they would. Despite the strange feeling I marched onwards, not knowing what I was destined towards. A restroom? I entered.
Man, I looked dead. Literally like a corpse. I felt so numb and my eyes! It were as though they were spirits or demons on their own. They engorged the white of my eyes. I stared in fear, then left the restroom for an exit. An exit to the nightmare perhaps. But it was far from. I walked orderly toward the store front but had a gait I honestly cannot explain. Just imagine a person who walked straight always, while also being scarily aware of the environment. My mission, my objective, escape the monolithic building before some average citizen looks at me and realizes I'm rather estranged.
I got to my Jeep, felt like ages honestly. Waited till I felt better, then drove. Not some ordinary chore or to the next small town. I drove about 120 miles to my college town. I thought the cops were after me for sure at times, only to repeatedly figure out the SOUNDSTREAM system in my vehicle changes colors. Whoppeeeee...... Yay, I'm low on gas... So I man up and see the registrar standing still. It must have been 8:30pm when the fun began and about 1:45am in the morning at this point. Why people hire some dude to just stand there at a gas station alone? I'll never know, but my Jeep liked it. Less it won't go to far.
I say "Twenty in number four sir". He's petrified, some alien of a person just showed up out of nowhere and is sweating balls-deep for no apparent reason. The transaction slowly takes place and I'm on the road again. Finally reaching my destination, home. Not actual home with Mom and Dad, my own little sphere. My room. My dorm. No one's on campus it seemed; guess coming "home" early for Christmas break is pretty rare. I had planned on it though before the madness began, due to some introvert qualities I have.
I'm not weird, most people tend to think positively of me and I return the favor often. But...but...damn. If anyone saw me paranoid in my dark unlit dorm for the next three days they'd have every right to be afraid of me. The wait for my college friends to come back was the worst. They could arrive to see me all kinds of messed up, or come later with me being all alone. Not that being alone is terrible, just not preferable on a long lasting .3 shot from someone who would usually smoke .03 or less every three-four days to get high.
I never let anyone shoot me up, I dare to never take too much. I learned all right; most I ever did was my first shot. Nope, not again unless the setting and initiative is understandable. I'm a daily IV user unless I have run out, and I'm much safer than all the other people I have met in my questionable travels. I would never recommend doing what my friends ever did. Although the outcome was better long-term, I seriously put myself in danger for a good amount of time. Always spot someone if your unsure how they will react to something.
I find what I do fun and enjoyable now, and technically my first shot was Morphine back when I nearly died in an accident at 15 (Wonder why I was so eager to have a shot?). Overdoing it is wrong though, safety is number 1. Always. Email/reply if you want to hear more stories, experiences, or studies I've read up on. As always, be safe bluelighters!

My first shot was ~100mg. Even after abstaining for a week, I need to do ~200mg to get the same effect these days.

And to be honest, nothing compares to my first time. That feeling when your legs are almost like Jell-O, and you feel on top of the world. My vision also was sort of screwy my first time, but not in a scary way. Things felt more vivid I think. Hard to recall.

Anyway, the nausea I understand as well. Today I have been burping all day, those burps that feel like you're about to spew?

10-15 years ago, Sydney, Ice (crystal meth)...tiny little IV was all you needed. 2 points/.2g would last 2 of us big guy/little girl friday to sunday. From your smidgen of mgs you'd have a euphoric, amazing, taste in the back of your throat rush and 12+ hour, motivated as shit, clear headed but euphoric, arranging this bookcase and then scrubbing these bathroom tiles is the funnest thing ever high. These days it's not meth, it's cut to absolute shit or it's some random research chemical(s). Ephedrine meth was the utter bomb.
What I have at the moment, any kind of "rush" is super unpleasant as in an I'm gonna have a panic attack...I won't really touch anything unless I have backup benzos on hand. Mainly due to one horrible DN experience a few years ago that was cut with fuck knows what.

Just my personal experience but from proper ice IV I never had nausea, a need to lay down and get through the tachycardia, or a single unpleasant feeling. There was always a tastable rush. There also was zero comedown except tiredness and irritability. And sore fingers. All that scrubbing.

Yeah, maybe it's changing with the times. I feel a warm rush right as I shoot it, then jitteriness, shaking and some nausea lol. It is very different from person to person also though. Some people like one batch and hate another, and visa versa. But in general I think you're right, it's getting stepped on too much or made in cheaper and cheaper ways.

I can't imagine .2 lasting 3 days, that's insane. Well, all the more reason to stop using I guess. I personally am going to stop once I run out of the stuff I have now, which should last me until Christmas. I'm getting one final batch tomorrow that is supposed to be the best ever to come through my area, says a very good and reliable friend, but after that i'm done. End on a good note.

Oh, and welcome to Bluelight musing :)

I understand you had no experience with IV ice. I would say that you definitely did too small of an initial shot, and that is where the rush lies. Once the adrenaline portion of the effects kick in, you are not going to get the overwhelming, orgasmic type rush because your receptor sites are populated (in simple terms} but its happened in a gradual way, rather than saturating them instantly with a full on, thick shot. To get a stronger rush, you use as little water as possible to dissolve your shot. At this time, I use once or twice a month, with plenty of food, rest, and exercise in between to mitigate the neurotoxic effects of the drug. When I do a shot, It's considerable, and I don't plan to re dose just a few hours later. I will do about .1min -.3 max which is not big for a some, but its enough to nearly cause sexual release, but I am better at controlling that than some people I think (I have never popped in my pants, but If I could have if I wasn't focusing on not doing it) Anyone who tells you that you can't cum from a shot of ice is incorrect. It does happen to A LOT of people, even girls, which I would like to see. I don't test it by doing a bit, rather I to a proper reagent test to ensure purity, that way I can go from 0-100, and the following half hour is bliss. Sad but true. I've very good at balancing my life, and my recreational ice use. Its not a high priority, and I can easily go without. When I do it I do enjoy it, and I really don't experience a crash. Doesn't sound like you should be doing it, but if you do, be careful and listen to your body. Cheers.