• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Scariest Moments

Albert Walker

Bluelighter
Mine was Monday night when they called me back into the emergency room intensive care after getting discharged with 3 broken ribs just to find out my left lung was callapsing.

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry to hear that. Sometimes things like that just don't get seen until the x-rays get reviewed by the radiology team. I'm just glad they caught it in time, but I don't envy you the chest tube you might have gotten or the scariness of it all.
The scariest for me:
-being in 2 pretty nasty car wrecks, flipping through the air and wondering if those were to be my last thoughts.
-getting a phone call that a friend had died
-any time my best friend gets hurt in any way (emotionally, physically) I get immediately terrified
-hearing my nephew start screaming in the other room like he was in pain (he had tried to cut up a chocolate bunny and cut his hand)
-when my niece had surgery
-hearing someone flash a badge and say "This is a raid"

hmmmm scariest moment
Probably when I skidded out of control into the otherside of the road. Fortunately there wasn't any cars coming so I wasn't plowed over.

Got drugged up one weekend and attempted to drive to NM from AZ (8 hours) with no sleep for 3 days. Driving thru the mountains I blacked out & woke up driving in the opposite lane with a car headin right toward me....it was like a game of chicken...scared the hell outta me....bout 1 hour later, did it again, drove off the road...my car was fukked then it got re-po'd....scary.

Getting mugged in Vienna whilst trying to score some weed from some guys at a train station.. was very stupid in retrospect and i learnt the lesson well.. that and getting impaled on/through a glass sliding door when i was a kid.. dodgey school of hard knocks but hey what doesnt kill you... :)

when i overdosed on drugs. Is my most scariest moment. Vicodin,codine,speed and anitdepressant drugs.

My scariest moments:
~Getting side swiped by a semi in the mountains and shoved into the other lane almost hitting another semi head on.
~And Right Now In My Life......
just finding out i'm pregnant, and my baby's father just got sent out over seas (not knowing when he will be back, or where exactly he will be), and knowing that I have to go thru all of this myself! I am scared shitless right now, and I know it is not gonna get any better!
[ 30 January 2003: Message edited by: MissTwitch ]

~*~ Having to witness *while rolling my ass off mind yoo* a straight friend of mine hold his knife
against my bestest friends *who is gay* throat while threatening his life. This all happened cuz my friend who is gay was drunk as fuk and kept on licking my other friends neck. Granted my gay friend was outa line but he deffinately did not deserve to get his life toyed with. I seriously f'reals thought that there was going to be blood shed that night. Whut happened is something that I will never ever forget.
~*~ Having to witness another friend of mine get jumped by three black girls inna king soopers parking lot. Now this wasa fucked up situation. We were in line and there was this black lady in front of us who turned around and glanced at my friend as if she knew her. My friend *who is black as well* opened her fucking mouth like she always does and responded to this lady's innocent
glance by yelling *WHAT THA FUK YOO LOOKING AT*. Brilliant huh? Needless to say the lady left
the store but was actually waiting outside with three of her homegirls. The mintute my friend and I stepped outside it was throw down city. Only they didnt want a piece of me, they only wanted her. I was actually surprised how well my friend stood her ground considering it was three on one. She didnt even lose her footing. The fight ended up getting broke up by a king soopers security guard who heard all the comotion. End result, my friends shirt ended up getting torn to shreds and she had a few scratches on her arm n face. The reason why I would consider this to be one of my scariest moments is because I felt at the time that MY life was put in danger all because my friend decided to open her mouth. I was lucky in that they wanted her and not me *yeah yeah imma wuss who just so happens to hate violence*.
~*~ The day I found out that a plane crashed that I was supposed to be on. I even had the tickets for the flight and everything. Asa matter of fact I STILL to this day have the ticket. The only reason I was not on that plane was because of my horse that I owned at the time. My horse had fallen ill and I decided to stay home and tend to him and take a later flight instead. Had I not made that decision I seriously doubt that I'd be sitting here all comfy responding to this post. Rather, I believe that I would be six feet under.
So yeah, inna strange twisted kinda way my horse saved my life *grins*. Oh and just in case your wondering, YES I am terrified to fly. BLAH!
~*~ Finding out that my uncle had schizophrenia. I say had because my family just recently lost him to suicide. Considering I am a psychology major in college I have learned enuff about the disease my uncle had to know that it can be passed
on genetically. This scares the fuk outa me. Cant believe im saying this but there have been times that I, as well as others, have had to question my mental well being. Sometimes I cant help but wonder if I have some similiar symptoms *such as racing thoughts and thinking out loud* that he had before he ended his life. If only he was still
around I would make it a point to ask him if my symptoms sounded at all familiar to him. :(

-a car accident i was in last summer, that almost took my life. I always wear my seat belt now, because i was very lucky that i didnt go through the window.
-nearly getting mugged in Baltimore by some bum on the street, because my friends and i didnt give him any spare change.

--almost going to jail
--finding out my mother had breast cancer
--being told my sister had been in a car accident
--being dropped off in nyc and forgetting my cell phone and hoping i could find my friends (whose #'s were in my cell!)

*Seeing my drunk asshole of an uncle holding a knife up to my aunts neck threating to kill her. I was little and had to run across the street and get someone.
*Being forced to do things I didn't want to do.

-Seeing the cops in my front yard. (Too upsetting to even delve into.)
-Hydroplaning for 1/4 of a mile across the interstate, straight into several other cars.
-Finding out that my big brother wouldn't be coming home...rather, he's on his way to the Persian Gulf as I write this.
-My first experience with MDA.

~ Being kidnapped.
~ Recieving a phone call from my then-depressed mother back home, telling me she was going to get into her car and drive into a tree. :(

Coming home at 7 in the morning after the best roll party to find my ex-boyfriend alone in my house (my family was gone for the day), fucked up on a multitude of drugs, spiraling into depression. He had the butcher knife from the kitchen and threatened to kill me if I didn't do what he wanted, then tried to take his own life.
I kept kicking myself for not accepting my friend's invitation to stay at her place. But it just would have delayed the inevitable. Sure, I wish it hadn't happened, but I'm stronger because of it.

-my mother throwing a glass at me (and it missing my head by centimeters)
-finding my friend in her room unconcious from OD'ing on drugs
-watching my friend go to jail, and the cops harrassing her because they can (more anger there really)

1. Getting pulled over for the first time.
2. Having a bad trip.
3. Well this should have been one, but finding out my mother had som very serious health problems.
4. Finding out I had very serious health problems.

Hands down...
Watching through the window of my neighbor's house, wondering why the ambulance hadn't left my house with my younger sister yet.
Not long before I had woke up to find her not breathing. And not long after they sat me down to tell me that she was dead.

getting pulled over speeding on my way home from Dallas and having something in a pill bottle that would have gotten in so much trouble I don't even want to think about it. Anyway we get pulled over of course I am driving the officer says he smells marijuana and searches my truck he doesn't find anything, but while searching my truck he opened my glove compartment and I had a pill bottle with some little things in it and a couple of g's or some of that cold stuff in there needless to say the dumbass cop was not paying attention and I know he saw it because it was in plain view once the glove box was opened. He gave me a ticket for doing 90 in a 60. Now I say dumbass cop because I deserved to get punished for being so careless, but then you have to think about that cop being dumb for not even trying to get a good look at what was in that bottle. got damn I was lucky.
[ 05 February 2003: Message edited by: corruptor97 ]

Isolde-- I think it's truly admirable that you realize you came out of the ordeal a stronger person. That's a wonderful outlook, and true for all of us, I'm sure. These events are all so harrowing, much of this pain I can't even fathom. But you're right. Strength is gained from the sorrow and fear.

- rolling my car over during peak hour traffic narrowly missing on comming traffic,
- being held gun point during pizza hut deliveries !