• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom: Whole Leaves instead of Powder?

Biggie92

Greenlighter
So I accidentally ordered kratom leaf, and not the powder. 250g of them. Where I bought it from, unless there is a problem with the order or something happened beyond their control they will not issue a refund. I should have read what I was ordering.

So, what is the best way of taking these Kratom Leaves, without brewing tea? I tried that, and I do not like that at all. I put them in toilet paper like I normally do with powder, but I had to take like 3 of the toilet papers.

Get a coffee grinder to grind the leaves and it should be like powder?

Help!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's very easy to do imo... If they're dried yeah just crush/grind them with whatever.

Or just chew the leaves; it works for the Thai people.Grinding in a coffee grinder or a pestle and mortar should be a good way as^ said.

Ya you can just take out the stems and use a coffee grinder, then you basically have what you would've got if you ordered the powder.

ya dude no sweat you got nothing to worry about. You may actually have more potent shit. Brew a tea, try chewing if the leaves are moist, you've got a lot of options from here. If its moist and you want powder simply dry it and coffeegrind\blender\food processer\mortal pestel should do the trick. Don't smoke the leaves though please.

I let it simmer in low heat over the stove crushing And oozing out all the good ness. After about 30 mins i strain and repeat. But I don't mess with whole leaf anymore. Too much work imo.

If you grind the dried leaves, they will turn to powder pretty easily. Either in a mortar and pestle or a coffee grinder. If you want to get the best quality material, try to remove the stems and veins of the leaves, keeping only the green flesh. I think that's what they do traditionally, although some vendors sell the whole leaf ground to a powder.

Ordering whole plant material is generally better; as it has less surface area it will have less degradation due to the air oxidising it. It's also easier to judge the authenticity of whole leaves rather than a fine green powder.

Also you could create your own "extract" simply by finding a way to powder your leaf as finely as possible. Hell, you could use a razor blade, cocaine-style. Apparently, some of these extracts are nothing more than leaves which have been ground far more finely than the standard grain of powdered leaf, giving a much higher surface area, and therefore more active material by weight; obviously this will be more prone to deterioration, as sekio explained. With this in mind, the expensive "extract 15x "style products you find at many vendors, are no more than misleading (and very clever) sales jargon to squeeze extra cash from your wallet.

Just out of curiosity, are your leaves nice and moist ie fresh? If so, you are very lucky; the fresh leaf is said to be more powerful, and is quite rare to us in the west. If they are fresh, I would simply chew the leaves, exactly as the Thai peasants do.

I was under the impression most commercial "10x" to "15x" kratom "resins" or "extracts" are produced by boiling kratom in water for an hour or so, removing some or all of the plant matter and concentrating the resulting material.

Apparently, some of these extracts are nothing more than leaves which have been ground far more finely than the standard grain of powdered leaf, giving a much higher surface area, and therefore more active material by weight;

This doesn't make sense. The amount of alkaloid per leaf is fixed. The only thing you are doing by changing the particle size is the density - weight per unit volume. It is still more reason to avoid "extracts".

It is unlikely that fresh leaf is going to be sold; there are shipment issues with that, similar to shipping khat.

^ there are a lot of those boiled extracts on the market, also resins, but some of the powdered extracts do indeed use the method I described above (mostly by the more unscrupulous vendors); the information itself I got from an article explaining the kratom market in general from one of the kratom afficionado sites, and they seem to know their stuff; the science regarding surface areas v potency, and the science in general is something you know a hell lot more about than myself.

Edit: yeah, I'm pretty sure it was weight- density volume the article was talking about, not surface area and potency. (God knows where I got that from...) Even still, the practice is an outright scam considering the sheer price of these "extracts".

Also, I'm storing my kratom long-term for future use. (6 + months).Sekio mentioned it's quality will degrade with exposure to oxygen, particularly the powdered leaf, which is what I use. I keep mine in snap-lock bags sealed tightly, and in a tupperware box, out of direct sunlight and in a cool, dry place. Does anyone know a more efficient storage solution that will slow the degradation of it's active ingredients over time? (Perhaps in the fridge or freezer)?

I can't find a definitive answer anywhere, and it's an issue that worries me. (I hate to think of all of my kratom becoming completely useless in time.)

Last edited: