• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom combined with other medications

coffeee

Greenlighter
Hello,

How is Kratom with other medications? I know that Kratom and Ritalin is not a good combination, so I'll wait about 8 hours before I take Kratom to make sure that Ritalin is out of my body. What I'm a little unsure of is how Kratom works with Abilify and Seroquel? I use a fairly low dose in the morning, so I assume it goes well ... but always good to double check!

I also take some medications at night, but do not plan to combine this with Kratom, unless someone says that this is just fine (e.g. with only seroquel and/or zolpidem)

Morning dosage;

Abilify 7,5 mg (soon 10 mg)
Nexium 20 mg
Ritalin 40 mg
Seroquel 100 mg

Sleep dosage;

Alimemazin 30 mg
Seroquel 300 mg (soon 200 mg)
Zolpidem 10 mg

Looking forward to getting some response!

Hey coffee, was nice talking to you earlier. First of all, Kratom and Methylphenidate isn't a very dangerous combination unless you are on both at the same time in high doses. If you're taking 40mg IR in the morning than you must have a high tolerance to psychostimulants and if you also have a high Kratom tolerance this maxes them less dangerous to mix. If you're just using the Methylphenidate for legitimate ADD symptoms and the 40mg doesn't get you high then there's no need to wait eight hours before taking Kratom. The half life of Methylphenidate is only 2.5 hours.
Taking Kratom with Aripiprazole is also safe, there would be no interaction between the two.
Pharmacology speaking, combining Quetiapine and Kratom is safe and without any direct interactions. The only thing the combination would bring out is extremely heavy sedation.
Alimemazine should be safe as well but I don't know much about it aside from the fact that it's a sedating antihistamine. This would most likely potentiate Kratoms sedative (and maybe even euphoric) effects.
And even though you already said you don't plan on mixing Zolpidem and Kratom I feel the need to warn you that this is a very dangerous combination. Kratom may not be a real opiate and it has a reputation for being childsplay but in reality it's a VERY potent opioid and I find its effects can even beat Oxycodones. Mixing Benzodiazepines and Non-Benzodiazepines (Z Drugs) with opiates/opioids is very dangerous. Do not let anyone else tell you otherwise, if they do they are an idiot.

I hope I've given you a bit more of an understanding towards what you're taking.

Also, as a site note, it is against the rules to post the same topic in multiple forums hoping to get more answers. You posted this in BDD, ADD and OD. Please don't do that again.

Thank you very much for the answer!

This will be my first time using Kratom, that's why I had to get this double checked! My tolerance for Kratom and similar drugs are zero, but it seems like it will be fine to take this with my other medication as long as I avoid taking the Zolpidem. About the Ritalin, I take 40 mg Extended Release in the morning for legitimate ADD symptoms and I've been taking Methylphenidate daily for 13 years now, so my tolerance for this should be pretty high.

Thank you for warning me about the combination with Benzodiazepines and Z-Drugs. I wasn't planning on combining these, but it was good to get a better understanding on that combination.

I would also like to say that I'm sorry about the double posting! It was a desperate attempt in getting some response, so that I would be able to use Kratom today without getting severe anxiety about the combination and it won't happen again :)

If you are on 40mg ER and have been that long then I would probably not even worry about waiting for the half life to finish. Don't quote me on this, but if you've been on it 13 years then mixing a therapeutic dose with Kratom should be safe.

By the way, hop on Tinychat. It's lonely in here.

Oddly I've never mixed kratom with zolpidem but I do have quite a lot of experience mixing up to 5 grams with therapeutic doses of benzos with and without pregabalin and I've never felt that I was ever in any danger but I wouldn't recommend it to someone without a tolerance.

Oddly I've never mixed kratom with zolpidem but I do have quite a lot of experience mixing up to 5 grams with therapeutic doses of benzos with and without pregabalin and I've never felt that I was ever in any danger but I wouldn't recommend it to someone without a tolerance.

That's the issue. You have to be tolerant to both opiates and benzos for this to even be considered remotely safe.