• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

How to Make Cheap Vial Reagents For Clubs & Festivals Using Your Bottle Kits

Ekstasis-//7

Bluelighter
Okay so if you want the most accurate and cheapest reagent testing results you are best to use a drop from a bottle kit on a white ceramic plate at home under a good white light and slowly watch the colours change. As you may well know you are best to use as many of the 5 main reagents as you can get your hands on (Marquis, Mandelin, Mecke, Simons & Robadope). Here is a few places you can get many or all of these cheap bottle kits from ecstasypilltest.com dancesafe.org or RealTimeReagents on ebay http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/677922-RealTimeReagents-New-US-Based-test-kit-supplier-w-Dropper-bottles-USPS-Priority-S-amp-H. Unfortunately this process all takes quite a bit of time, effort, planning and cleanup.

So what happens if all else fails and you need some kind of last minute test kit you can use at a festival or even a nightclub bathroom? Well if you have no shortage of cash you can go to eztest.com and buy their disposable vial kits. Most useful would be Marquis, Mandelin and Mecke for testing pills or powder sold as ecstasy or Ehrlich for blotters [tabs] sold as LSD. (Don't bother with their mCPP test as results have shown it shows nearly the same yellow colour for piperazines as MDMA).

Here is another option if you want to save cash and wastage of those disposable EZtest glass vials. Simply buy a few plastic test tubes. I searched ebay for "plastic test tube" and chose show price + shipping lowest first. I found a listing for 5 plastic test tubes with plastic end stoppers for less than 2 bucks including shipping! They were a convenient size of 80mm length by 12mm diameter. All you do is place a couple of drops of your reagent of choice (from your cheap bottle kit) in the plastic test tube place the stopper on and shake it around to make sure there is no reaction of the chemicals in the reagent to the plastics. Hopefully you should be fine as the most commonly produced plastic is HDPE (recycle code 2) which is highly resistant to acids. If you want to go the extra mile you can add some silica gel (just like the EZtest vial kits). This should soak up the reagent liquid and make it safer against accidental spills. Simply hunt around the house for those little moisture absorbent packets you find in vitamin bottles, electronics and some food packaging. The packets will usually say Silica Gel, Do Not Eat. Cut one open crush up the silica beads a little if you really want and then put just enough in the vial so there's no liquid sloshing around. For a quick and dirty method I would make one vial for Marquis and one vial for Mandelin. All you need to do is pop the stopper off, place a scraping in, place the stopper back on and shake it. This should hopefully be enough to help you out against the bulk of fake ecstasy pills and be quick and usable enough to use in a club bathroom. For a larger festival such as one you camp at you could make one vial up for each reagent if you wish to be more accurate and have an arsenal to test research chemicals. You could even use two vials for Simons or Robadope. One containing Simons for example and the other containing the buffer and then combine them when you need to use them. Obviously don't use the silica gel if you want to easily pour out the liquid of one vial into another.

I haven't done this yet but I plan to once my plastic test tubes arrive from China. I'll update with photos once I've done this.

Last edited:
Okay so after a much needed update here is a cheap and soldi solution I've found! The cheap plastic vials that I bought off ebay that had no description of the plastic and turned out to be acrylic. They still worked with silica gel and reacted to MDxx after 7 days but there was brown straining on the plastic. My chemical reactivity charts list LDPE as the only plastic suitable (and affordable) for concentrated sulphuric acid which Marquis, Mandelin & Mecke all contain. Even the plastic containers sold by a couple of different test kit companies are either HDPE or PP. This plastic will react if not at room temperature then they sure will on a hot summers day especially in the car. With this in mind I decided to go for proper chemical resistant borosilicate glass bottles with PE seals and PP lids. These are the same type of bottles that the reagents come in only these are smaller and clear.

So I bought them for 36cents each including shipping from ebay in China. If you just search for 3ml glass bottles and choose "buy it now" and sort by "Price + Postage: Lowest First" also choose "worldwide" you'll find them. I decided to use Mandelin and Mecke as these appear to have the best for testing MDxx against PMA, PMMA, DXM ect.

Here's a screen cap of the chart I made to go with it:
24n2ws1.jpg

Great follow up post Ekstasis :) - thankfully now that we have a supplier selling the bottle testers and shipping worldwide I'm hoping more people will start buying the bottle testers again. Making your own glass vials for use at a club / festival will certainly work out cheaper than the vials being sold by Eztest.

I just wish that we could get a supplier to sell the single bottle of Marquis again - that covers the European market.

Bear

You can use Eppendorf tubes, they are usually made of plastic strong enough to resist the acid. It will only last a day or two but they are small and very easy to hide. You can find large amounts of them online for very cheap, you can easily make a few hundred vials with $50

Only lasting a day or two is regarded as poor chemical resistance for a plastic. Again let me state that 100% concentrated sulphuric acid is rated on different plastic chemical reactivity charts as being unsuitable even in HDPE or PP (which is normally considered quite chemical resistant plastics as opposed to PVC or PolyStyrene. Unless you are going for some kind of more expensive plastic like a PTFE (Teflon) then the only cheap plastic that is listed as good in some charts but only fair in others is LDPE. I would use those glass vials. They are strong and the glass is chemically resistant. The only thing you'll need to keep in mind is that the reagents are light sensitive. So keep them out of the light as much as possible to avoid them degrading.

Sorry there appears to be a problem with bluelight.org and it won't let me edit my previous posts with either IE or Firefox. So I'll have to make this new post

Each bottle I added 2 drops of reagent using a plastic pipette to make sure it only sat on touched the bottom. I then added a small amount of silica gel until the two drops of reagent were no longer liquid. This made it safer to use so no reagents can come out easily while using the kits.

Here's a screen cap of the chart I made to go with it:
mal6a8.jpg

Here is the link to the chart and guide in MS Word for you to print out.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n8phn5zbpszuzz7/New%20Reagent%20Chart%20%26%20Procedure%20%28Disposable%20Kit%29%20-%20Generic.docx?dl=0

Here is the link to the bottle labels (inc warning labels) in MS Word for you to print out. Mandelin Labels: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g7m826fnrpojtdh/Diposable%20Kit%20Bottle%20Labels%20-%20Mandelin.docx?dl=0 Mecke Labels https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybb34wzi8iqg27o/Diposable%20Kit%20Bottle%20Labels%20-%20Mecke.docx?dl=0

Last edited:
Update 30-Mar-2017 Updated the colour chart to include the changes to ketamine. Mandelin & Mecke reagents after 1 year appear to be too old to test for a reaction to ketamine and the same reagents and same batch a year ealier reacted well.

Updated links to Mandelin and Mecke reagents vial labels.

Look for the updated links to these documents in the post above.

Will hope to tidy this thread up in future so all the relavant info and links are at the top.