• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - Part 13: Don't you know? MXE comes from MXE-co

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solipsis

Bluelight Crew
The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - Part 13: Don't you know? MXE comes from MXE-co

Welcome to the Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread (V. 13)

220px-Methoxetamine.png

2h69afk.png

2h69afk.png

2h69afk.png

Warning: Methoxetamine has not been studied in animals let alone humans or otherwise really at all, and does seem to have somewhat addictive properties in some users. Please use caution
- any major dude

Warning: Due to the current popularity of Methoxetamine these threads are attracting a lot of attention. Some of this attention is welcome, in the form of harm reduction, usage tips and general information about the drug. Some of it is not..

This is NOT a social thread. Please keep all discussion here about Methoxetamine. This can be questions about dosage, usage, different ROAs etc, suggestions for other users, you can post a link to a trip report you've just submitted, or write some brief notes about what you think of the drug having tried it (no live trip reports though). Social chatter, and "I'm tripping balls right now!" posts belong in The Social Thread or the Drug Culture forum, or your appropriate regional forum.

If people start using this thread as a social thread again, all such posts will be deleted, and you will be given an informal warning over PM. If you continue to ignore that any continued such posts will be treated as spam and dealt with accordingly. ~Jesusgreen

Some of the latest posts from the previous thread:

Does anyone know how MXE mixes with stims please?

Not well at all. The only time I'd ever do it is during the comedown off coke or apvp, and even then the agitated stimulation messes with the blissful wacky dissociation.

Im stuck in a really bad place on mxe right now do benzos help please?

A small dose of benzo might help, but don't overdo it because both drugs can cause respiratory depression.

MXE + benzos has a good reputation as far as combos go. If you think a benzo will help with whatever your problem is, go ahead and try it.

I just went on trazodone, which is similar and just took MXE for the first time on it. MXE seems about the same as ever though I was little more spaced than normal after day one of a mini-binge. Psychs on the other hand have turned into fucking rocket fuel. Might wanna try smaller doses there.
Don't know how dangerous though.

Last edited:
I'm not medically trained but I would definetly advise against mixing MXE with trazodone.
Isn't one of the metabolites mCPP ? I wouldn't want to have this in me, let alone mix it with potent psychoactives.

I don't know, gut feeling, I guess.

I too have used the tricyclics in the past but have to admit I abstained from all psychedelics during that period, so can't really help on the original question.

Any info out yet on bladder issues or neurotoxicity/oxidative stress? Read the other day doing one anesthetic dose of a dissociative is equivalently bad for the brain as a few day bender on alcohol? It was from a good source(erowid) however i've always heard that ketamine is safe and possibly neuroprotective and would assume mxe to be similar. I love both K and MXE but MXE is the better option for my nose and wallet for now :p

Any info out yet on bladder issues or neurotoxicity/oxidative stress? Read the other day doing one anesthetic dose of a dissociative is equivalently bad for the brain as a few day bender on alcohol? It was from a good source(erowid) however i've always heard that ketamine is safe and possibly neuroprotective and would assume mxe to be similar. I love both K and MXE but MXE is the better option for my nose and wallet for now :p

I'm not sure I believe that, but again it probably doesn't say how much alcohol would need to be drank, and I'm not even entirely sure myself on how damaging alcohol is to the brain when abused like that.
Prolonged exposure to ketamine has been shown to cause an increase in ROS levels, pointed to increased oxidative stress caused by NMDA upregulation
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23065140

I have heard of ketamine having neuroprotective qualities in small amounts, although I'm not sure if this refers to the NMDA system or another, or the mechanisms which may lead to this

I think it is an effect of NMDA antagonism. Glutamate is a substrate of the NMDAR and it is an excitatory neurotransmitter while GABA is inhibitory. Strong excitation can lead to glutamate encitotoxicity. Antagonism blocks the NMDA receptor from having glutamate binding to it.
MXE being an NMDA antagonist would be expected to show this form of protection. But I doubt it is relevant unless your brain is in a state of crisis somehow. And overstimulation from stimulant drugs might not be negated because there are other sides to it than excess of glutamate and there can be dangerous drug interactions the neuroprotection has little to do with.

Oxidative stress can be caused for example by dopamine, similar catecholamines and other certain chemicals. One phenomenon is auto-oxidation which means that after a while things like dopamine, at least the part that has not undergone reuptake or other recycling / disposal or salvaging routes, can degrade into free radicals which are very reactive and can damage tissue. In such a case taking anti-oxidants would help.
AFAIK MXE does not really release dopamine like that so I have no reason to suspect this type of oxidative stress.

I have not heard how things like ketamine affect the bladder or gallbladder - I think assumptions come from the sheer fact that needed MXE doses are lower than that of ketamine even if the risk per milligram or gram are assumed to stay the same. Indeed I have not heard of K cramps on MXE, maybe because the acute doses ingested are lower and critical levels are not met quickly enough.

Interestingly the S-isomer of ketamine does give me K cramps and GI issues and related issues including immobilisation and a lot of other stuff that seems like numbing which may have rebound effects...
...while the R-isomer feels clean on my body.
This difference in effect is fully consistent for me.

just a warning to those in us, receiving domestically.
i received a 3g sample (completely free), obviously cut, off tan- that is always around.
something icky about it, just a fyi when opening new mail.
haven't put it through testing, but dissolving shows

also i miss that uk must white :c

Find a better source.

I just received a gram of by far the best MXE I've ever tried. From a US vendor, to the US. It's more salty than powdery in terms of looks, definitely shiny, without much taste, although still a little.

20mg gets me feeling weird where 30-40mg used to get me.

Yea the bright white, salty crystalline kind is reliably going to always be high quality at least ime, powder can be good but I find its cut a lot of the time, shiesty vendors smh.. always ask for a description of the product first. I know with most chemicals appearance means nothing but I've learned that's not always true with mxe.

I think we might be using the same vendor. Very glittery in appearance, pure white without any off-white/tan appearance. I've been dabbling with MXE for about 2 years now, and I without a doubt can say this is the best I've ever had. I've noticed less physical discomfort at the tail end of the trip, insomnia limited to the 3 hours of the actual high (as opposed to shittier batches which keep my body feeling drained whilst not allowing sleep for some 8 hours). Also, this is the first time I've had MXE which didn't render me unable to urinate for hours. I used to be the guy who would go through half a gram of the stuff in a night, regardless of the batches purity. This stuff I can literally do about 20-30mg bump for the night. I was maybe able to do 100mg over the course of a night this past weekend, and I sort of regretted it.

What I'm really wondering is, has anyone found some useful applications for MXE in sub-dissociative doses. Any therapeautic potential? I see a lot, but just wanted to see what others thought. I know Ketamine has a host of medical applications, and I think MXE might have even more potential as an anti-depressant, pain-killer, anxiolytic.

I've mentioned this before, but it makes me sad to hear of so much (maybe even the majority) MXE going around is sub-par in quality. Chemists and vendors need to stop propagating this stuff for a quick buck and either step up their game or leave it to the professional labs that know what they are doing.
In other news, tomorrow I will begin researching how MXE combines with TCAs (amitriptyline). Will start slow...

^My god that is interesting.

:) I thought so too. In my opinion this study should be sticky'd and easily accessible on the front page of our newest incantation: #13. Which, in my opinion, should have dropped on Friday the 13th so we could trip people out on the synchronicity.

Last edited:
Wow, of 13 websites searched for MXE reports they could only use 33 posts from three sites, with 13 of those coming from Bluelight. Of course, way back then in October of '11 when they did the online searches for this study the world's MXE fiends had only managed a paltry four full 1,800-post-plus big and dandy threads and 39 pages into thread five on Bluelight: "5th Dose (you took too much, seriously)". I noticed that in Table 3: Categories and Themes of MXE Phenomenology, they didn't list "manic online posting of tangential content with all the eloquence of a monkey bashing a keyboard with its fists." I've certainly observed that theme emerging here on Bluelight, but apparently we compose posts while blasted off our tits far more intelligibly than the members of at least 10 of those other sites. Eat that Hip Forums! Congratulations Bluelight. I've never been proud ... er, well, less embarrassed, to count myself among you fuckin' misfits.

jesse-pinkman-yeah-bitch-science.jpg

Tried Ketamine this week end for the first time, 700mg left in the bag. I'm not really experienced with K, but from what Ive gone thru I prefer a bit MXE atm. MXE is more stimulating to myself, and more introspective. Anyway Advantage of K is duration, I prefer a dissociation of only 1h over the 2-3h of MXE.

At the end of the party (Sunday afternoon) I was amped and took MXE, then had the time of my life. This was like if I was mega drunk, dissociated, and rolling on MDMA. Doing batshit, wtf moment, got lost in very well known place, telling how I was tripping to unknow ppl... Dancing on the dancefloor felt like I was on water waves...

Last edited:
Wow, of 13 websites searched for MXE reports they could only use 33 posts from three sites, with 13 of those coming from Bluelight. Of course, way back then in October of '11 when they did the online searches for this study the world's MXE fiends had only managed a paltry four full 1,800-post-plus big and dandy threads and 39 pages into thread five on Bluelight: "5th Dose (you took too much, seriously)". I noticed that in Table 3: Categories and Themes of MXE Phenomenology, they didn't list "manic online posting of tangential content with all the eloquence of a monkey bashing a keyboard with its fists." I've certainly observed that theme emerging here on Bluelight, but apparently we compose posts while blasted off our tits far more intelligibly than the members of at least 10 of those other sites. Eat that Hip Forums! Congratulations Bluelight. I've never been proud ... er, well, less embarrassed, to count myself among you fuckin' misfits.

jesse-pinkman-yeah-bitch-science.jpg
LMAO! Quite honestly the ratio of totally useless gibberish posts to the amount of posts that actually matter is much much higher than on other forums IMO. Then we also have posts like Adder's illustrating new aryl compounds they explored, which to me equate to over riding like atleast 25 useless posts since on most forums the most intellectual thoughts are "I think this is this, or that"........

I have to say though I like MXE induced posting, almost like amph or meth induced posting just with a much higher induction of spirtual apspects, less paranoia about shadows and such. Occasionally as well, a user will actually spit out a clearly MXE churned essay that is not only interesting but a worthwhile piece of written word....

I so much like MXEs potentiation properties. Take your opi of choice, add some lil' bit of MXE to it and enjoy :D! But don't do too much MXE, or it'll overpower whatever opioid you wanna boost.

I think the anti-SWIM rule helps things a lot, it makes people take more responsibility for what they're writing if they actually have to say "I" did what they were doing instead of their second cousin's pet chinchilla's reading of the Confucian Analects or whatever...

The manic MXE posting in the past did put me off trying this substance, but that seems to have lessened off a bit and the more recent posts are a bit more intelligible so now I'm reconsidering. :)

So, who recognised quotes from themselves in it? ;)

I suspect most of the posts were taken from the first 3-5 incarnations of this thread, there has been little in the way of intelligent posting in the Big and Dandy 'Methoxetamine is totally not addictive, I snort a gram a day because it makes me a better person' thread since it essentially turned into the 'MXE addicts in denial Social Thread' around incarnation 6/7.

I put money on volume 27 being moved to the Dark Side as it slowly morphs into a support group for people falsely accused of methoxetamine addiction.

Hehehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.