• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - Part 13: Don't you know? MXE comes from MXE-co

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a personal experience I'd like to throw out, but after 2 years of heavy MXE use(probably daily for a couple months, then a couple weeks of break, repeat), I noticed a parkinson's-like twitching that occurred frequently throughout the day and much worse while trying to sleep. Muscle spasms and eye twitching occurred randomly, to the point that several girls I saw at the time commented on how much I twitched while sleeping at night.
It's been over 2 months since I've had any MXE(the longest break I've taken from the drug since I started using it in January of 2011) and the condition has remarkably improved, if not vanished. I think this is a sign of some form of reversible neurotoxicity, but there's not really data to go along with this. Does anyone else have any experience with these symptoms/aftereffects?

Yes I got this crap too from 3-meo-pcp. It's not magnesium deficiency as stated above I think it's some kind of weird drug withdrawal maybe? I had all ectrolytes checked out by a doctor and they are fine. Supplementing with extra magnesium doesn't hurt though, it helps with the spasms. if you're gonna supplement with magnesium remember to buy chelated forms though, hyrdoxide/oxide is pretty worthless.

Taking another dose always seemed to make them go away for the duration of effects at least for me. Could just be because NMDA antagonists work pretty well as anticonvulsants though, glad to hear you have improved, I'm also getting better slowly.

Last edited:
Yup all to familiar with this, Do the twitches start in your toes? I made a thread about this a while back called mxe toe twitches. They go away within a couple days of stopping mxe use.

I picked up a couple of grams of this stuff (had to wait for new batch, so it is definitely 'fresh') from my regular EU-based/invite only (these days- so glad I kept my account from years back when it was completely open) RC-vendor...I'm smart enough to never trust anyone involved in selling drugs on the internet, but I've dealt with these guys for about half a decade and they've always been excellent so I have no doubts unto its identity...not to mention the effects are pretty much exactly as I remember them, right down to the megalomaniacal-dreams-of-world-domination.

You guys just have massive tolerances. Methoxetamine is 100% still available if you know where to look which ultimately means that it's still being produced in massive quantities in China. It's around, not via sloppy, dodgy UK-based sites...but definitely in the EU where it's still not illegal in quite a few major countries (not naming any names, but major European nations- not 'still legal in Lichtenstein' or some other EU technicality) you will be able to find many vendors. Particularly if you're not a monolingual fuck and can read a bit of Spanish, French or German (or Polish/Russian) you'll find a vendor in 20 minutes with google.

I'm a confirmed arylcyclohexylamine fiend, for the last couple of years essentially the only drugs I've taken have been downers, ketamine and cannabis. I abused methoxetamine very heavily when it first became available (~15-25g in 8 months) on top of my ketamine use, which typically operates in cycles of buying 14-28g and binging on it (though much less impulsively, it's still binge behaviour, but controlled dosing) then having 3-6 month breaks. I also took a huge dose of 3-MeO-PCP at new years. So I have a permanent baseline tolerance, I don't really 'hole' fully anymore, though I still can absolutely knock myself out with a high dose of K...it's just more amnesia inducing and boring than colourful interesting 'hole' experiences.

Methoxetamine is still strong as fuck though. When I had less of a ketamine tolerance when MXE first came out 25mg plugged = ~80mg snorted/swallowed = ~150mg ketamine taken over a couple of hours. 50-100mg would put me in a 'M-hole' where I'd be able to move/'function' while being completely gone. Now I take 30-50mg plugged rather than 20-30mg.

It doesn't have any opiate effects (doesn't relieve withdrawal), but it does potentiate opiates and can be used to assist with tapering...though ketamine is much, much better when in acute withdrawal/trying to quit. So there's something there...I'd be interested to see what 3-Meo-4-Oxo-PCE would be like, though my gut says that any arylcyclohexylamine that is active as an opiate (relieves withdrawal/substitutes, not weird mixed agonists or anything...and there are many) is probably not going to possess profound dissociative effects as well- it may well be a strong NMDAR antagonist and be subjectively different from morphine (like methadone), but you'll never have a drug that creates a subjective experience of nodding and holing at the same time. It doesn't work that way, if it truly substitutes for morphine that will partially be because it has negligible 'psychedelic' dissociative effects. You can get these effects from taking morphine and MXE/Ket, but the brain is just so much more complicated than our ability to talk about it accurately...just because a drug shows 'opiate activity' does not mean it will show any subjective opiate activity. When they test MXE it may well have some opiate activity, maybe even highly selective Mu-activity- but it doesn't substitute for morphine so can't really be described as having opiate activity. It's very circular and complicated...and I'm kinda stoned.

for me, this stuff has zero difference between a 30mg dose and a 100mg dose...
my mood gets a little better and i notice a slightly opiate-like numbness within 20 mins, very slight disorientation and very nice kaleidoscopic closed eye visuals after 30-45 minutes. this lasts 3-4 hours and sleep is not an option until it abruptly(but hardly noticeable) ends.

this stuff is very enjoyable and i love the visuals, but i think i need to slow my useage down now that i know there isnt much higher i can go.

i may try 150-200mg in the future, is there much of a tolerance to this stuff? or can i just jump back in at that dose after a break?

Last edited:
there was a vendor selling old stock, worked great at first after that - nothing... wtf?

Sad to say, I'm starting to hit the tolerance wall as well. I used to be able to go on multiple-day runs and persistently have strong effects, but recently after a break of a week or two I can only have one day of strong effects before I hit the wall. It still works as a mood and energy booster with a bit of pain relief but the psychedelic side cuts out after a day.

I got some MXE recently and have been experimenting with it over the past month. I had some really good trips, and some really bad and confusing ones. What's weird, though, is that I've been noticing some strange side-effects: my skin is really itchy in some places and has gotten very oily all over my face, the lymph nodes under my armpits are unusually sore, and I have pimples breaking out in random places even though I haven't had acne for over a decade now. This isn't normal, is it? It seems like it's doing something bad to my immune system...

Are you sure the mxeyou have is pure and unadulterated? I have dermatitis issues but a clean batch of MXE doesn't affect my immune system negatively. Have you been doing anything else differently? Sounds like you either have an allergy to something or you got something funky. If not allergy, go see your doctor and I bet an antibiotic would clear you up in two days.

for me, this stuff has zero difference between a 30mg dose and a 100mg dose...
my mood gets a little better within 20 mins, very slight disorientation and very nice kaleidoscopic closed eye visuals after 30-45 minutes. this lasts 3-4 hours and sleep is not an option until it abruptly(but hardly noticeable) ends.

this stuff is very enjoyable and i love the visuals, but i think i need to slow my useage down now that i know there isnt much higher i can go.

i may try 150-200mg in the future, is there much of a tolerance to this stuff? or can i just jump back in at that dose after a break?

You might have a different dissociative then mate. I get STRONG and I mean STRONG dissociation even after 30mg, to the point where I can't understand what is going on around me at all. And I've never seen kaleidoscopic visuals either....

i was starting to think that.. i bought it as ketamine, but it tested dark olive green on the mandelin reagent..
anyone know of anything that would give similar results?

i wasnt sure if i just react differently to it or if it was something completely different.

Last edited:
You might have a different dissociative then mate. I get STRONG and I mean STRONG dissociation even after 30mg, to the point where I can't understand what is going on around me at all. And I've never seen kaleidoscopic visuals either....

The entire reason I love MXE over ketamine is that it gives me amazing visuals, sometimes seriously on par with LSD CEVs

Are you sure the mxeyou have is pure and unadulterated? I have dermatitis issues but a clean batch of MXE doesn't affect my immune system negatively. Have you been doing anything else differently? Sounds like you either have an allergy to something or you got something funky. If not allergy, go see your doctor and I bet an antibiotic would clear you up in two days.

It's from a reliable EU invite-only vendor, and I reagent tested it, and the subjective effects for the sizes of the doses I took correspond with the reports I've read. So I'm fairly sure that it is what it's supposed to be. I just haven't heard of freaky skin problems like I've been getting, so that's why I'm concerned. Maybe it's just an idiosyncratic reaction to the substance, or a bad batch, I don't know.

Can mXE cause depression? Also I have these episodes on mxe that I need help resolving.

first the episodses: when I dose to high (its happened on mxe and DXM), I get this overwhelming feeling where the effects just start to intensify at a great rate and I sort of panic. Like I know that my dose was safe, but I think that I overdoses and am going to die for some reason, and I'll freak out and call a friend and ask them to come stay with me and watch me....usually by the time they arrive like 30-40 min later I'm alright and realized that I didn't OD. I'll also take xanax to help calm down....but last time I took the xanax I started to sort of nod off and I felt like the trip was hitting me real hard but that I was about to pass out or lose consciousness or something. Not a fun experience and I really like MXE but when it gets this intense I have a bad time. This always happens when I redose and don't realize that I already have some mxe in my system and am "primed" then take a normal dose but it sends me way above where i should be.

My other question is about depression, can MXE cause depression? I've been feeling real depresssed since my last little binge, but also don't konw if it could be associated with adderall/addiction/withdrawal.

same here. ~40mg MXE (in staggered doses) was pretty intense. I vaped some weed on the come-down, it *really* boosted the effects of the weed, this was my most intense drug experience so far. the body feelings and thoughts can not be described in words. the CEVs were also pretty crazy, with MXE alone I never get any real CEVs.

@ Lucid Dreamer;
I think I can relate to your experiences with MXE and this sudden onset of negative feelings, both physical and psychological. Without getting into a big dissertation about it it often involved me doing small-ish doses over the course of many hours. Usually trying to keep a nice, manageable MXE "thing" going over time versus trying to hole. I don't really like holing, but enjoy that "middle state" of dissociating and euphoria, which over time, also included great difficulty speaking, walking (some roboptype shit that I hate). What would happen would be that everything would be going OK, then without warning, I would get this incredible sense of doom, panic, anxiety, and a need to get up and walk around. It also including a RAPID onset of tachychardia, what felt like a MAJOR BP increase, confusion, and a desire, again, to get up and walk and walk and walk. I would usually take a benzo and a beta-blocker and it would pass within 1/2 hour. It was like a living nightmare. Once during one of these episodes, I was totally convinced that I was OD'ing and actually dying. I mean I was entirely convinced that I was NOT going to live. It was one of the scariest things I have ever encountered. What should be noteworthy is that the times of these episodes, my tolerance was pretty high...I had been doing MXE daily for a couple of months to the tune of about 100 to 150 mgs over the day, starting in mid-afternoon and stopping at about 9 at night, never really doing more than 50 or 60 mg, often smaller, but the MXE was rocket fuel. Anyway, yes, I was being stupid with my use, no doubt. But let me tell you...these episodes were the scariest drug-related experiences I have ever had, by far. By FAR. I am convinced they were related to toxicity due to heavy use.I think that MXE, if abused, can be far more dangerous than some think, and I have been reading more and more stories like these over time. And, it's abuse potential is kind of through the roof, in my experience. I just could not put it down once I got some. I started buying it in 5g lots, which was a mistake. In my opinion, if you like it and you have it, you are going to do it. I remembered having an abundance of blow many years ago, and having lots on hand all the time. Well, suffice it to say...it didn't stay put away long...and MXE, in its own way, has similar, fiendish qualities. In closing, I think MXE's dark side is worthy of talking about, and I think it's a rather insidious drug...to say the least.

so i went to 150-160mg last night.
holy euphoria... =]
got some really good disorientation this time, but i could still walk around(with no lights on) and text message without too much difficulty, probably could have made breakfast...
and the visuals, oh the visuals...
at times i felt like it was a nice combo of lsd and ketamine, minus any body load.

^ Yeah, my last batch was powder instead of the crystals I had before. I stupidly didn't weigh my lines as before I had gotten extremely good at eyeballing my MXE doses (obviously, nothing more potent) to within ~5mg every time. However obviously the density of this batch was different, and the lines I thought were like 30mg ended up actually being like 60mg :sus:

so, I had ended up taking 150mg+ within an hour or so.. yeah, I was crawling through 5 different M holes at once

MXE really does have LSD-esque visuals, doesn't it? Much more so than some other psychedelics, IMO

LucidSDreamer and The Shadow Self, sounds like the rush I get from MXE I.V. and generally the onset of ego death.

You just gotta ease into it, maybe take some more MXE, and push past that barrier.

I've accidentally OD'ed a few times and unless you're losing consciousness, you're not OD'ing.

LSD like visuals from MXE? Whaaaaattt?

Man I've never got anything more than a little bit of visual sparkle from MXE. Only a few times did I even manage to feel the DXM/K like body morphing sensations too.

Never found it very dissociative in the K/DXM sense except sometimes mentally. But the stimulation and euphoria overcame that easily. Then again I usually snorted it. Eating it was more relaxed and spacey. And plugging it is like doing nitrous that lasts quite a long time.

About the oily skin someone mentioned: Yeah I always get that from MXE. It's sort of one of the tell tale signs. That and glassy eyes. My coordination is never affected by MXE and I can act normal on it, but eyes get glassy.

Should note I have probably a long term dissociative baseline tolerance, even extended breaks I do not get the powerful dissociative effects most people would. I would be afraid to take a dose of MXE that I would probably need to hole, quite honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.