• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - Part 13: Don't you know? MXE comes from MXE-co

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done MXE intramuscular 2x a week for the past two months. Dose ranges between 20mg and 40mg. It's eliminated depression and anxiety from my day-to-day life and I have no negative side effects to speak of.

bluedolphin1111 said:
I experienced something awful from MXE a few times. I want to know if this has happened to anyone else.

First I should note that I have used an incredible amount of MXE, although none for at least a year.

What happened was that I would frequently redose small amounts to maintain a mild euphoria and stimulation... and occasionally take a larger dose like 30-50mg to get higher for a little while.

Several times I almost had a seizure. At least I strongly suspect this is the case. Here is what would happen:

I would feel the need to start moving my arms and hands around in a strange way. I would feel a strong tension in my chest. Then my hands would curl up and I would be unable to open them. My hands were clenched so hard it was painful. My arms would fold over my chest and it felt like my body wanted to turn itself into a pretzel.

The worst time this happened I felt like I might pass out, and it was becoming very hard to breathe. I tried *extremely* hard to stay calm, breathe normally, and prevent my hands and arms from twisting up into a pretzel.

I most definitely should have called 911 but truth be told I was unable to pick up a phone or dial a number if I wanted to.

This passed after about an hour of enduring it. Afterwards I was very glad to have survived this ordeal. I am mostly describing the worst occasion that I remember the most vividly, although like I said it happened to lesser extent on a couple other occasions.

I was mentally pretty sober when this happened, the effects were totally physical.

I never used MXE but this has happened to me several times on 3-meo-pcp. I don't know what causes it, other than that it is the worst bodily dysphoria I have ever experienced. It never progress to a full blown seizure though but it feels like it could at any moment. It hurts like hell and is just generally unnerving. It only seems to happen after prolonged redosing, several days in a row or just one long binge without sleep. I've never had this happen on a single dose.

If this happens and when the symptoms fade I tend to be left with a terrible headache for an hour or two.

Honestly before reading this I just thought I had a few bad reactions due to using during protracted benzodiazepine withdrawal...

edit: this also never happened before I aquired tolerance and had to increase dosages.

Last edited:
I don't really know what to do with that but thanks a lot.

I have not let MXE impress me that much, even if I acknowledge the values and effects other people describe. I have used it in extended sessions but not that irresponsibly and I can forget about the stuff when I used my small stash, and let it all go. But I know that I am not above it and that I should be careful with it. Maybe it would be a lot worse if I didn't have this dissociative tolerance, I don't know.

I started out eating it in small amounts 10-20mg, then snorting 30-50, then slamming 90-100mg multiple times a day, this stuff is not as dangerous as some people think... high doses are ok to me as long as you're in a safe environment - and not driving. Don't get me wrong, things can go bad quickly, but in my experience the worst that happened was I tripped and dropped my scale/dose.

This is out of 9g in a couple months.

^ Sorry dude, this is not the place to inquire about vendors. No sourcing is clearly stated in the terms of the forum.

I've noticed seizure-like symptoms (and a vibrating/buzzing sensation in the extremities) on samples which ended up not being MXE. No real idea on what the substance was but the theory at the time was that it was most likely tiletamine. Dysphoria is pretty well documented with tiletamine.

A theory about the weird posturing some of you have experienced is that it may play on the brain in a similar way that schizophrenia affects the body. MXE causes temporary 'toxicity' to the cerebelum, and many of the odd physical symptoms associated with schizophrenia are mediated by damage to the cerebelum.

Personally, I have not experienced any of that stuff with 'pure' samples of MXE.

My favorite route of taking the drug has been through I.V. and I have noticed a weird effect!

To preface: I have built up a ridiculous tolerance, requiring about 50-75mg I.V. for decent effect. The rush is intense and the effects subside after about one hour. I redose maybe 2-3 times and then call it quits for the day. After effects last about 6 hours and then I can sleep with some grogginess.

However, after the 2nd re-dose I sometimes slip into a traditional K-hole type space but when I re-enter I'll be completely sober. I've experienced this when using DMT and MXE in the past and it is always such a conundrum. I can go from holing insanely hard to stone-cold sober, albeit with a bit of residual stimulation.

Normally I can't walk real well or talk without slurring after emerging from that space, but the times like I mentioned, I will be able to hold a fluid and normal conversation.

I have no idea what causes this.

I do know that I often feel pressure around my head in a coronal pattern. Imagine the feeling of having a pair of sunglasses on your head, but in a circle on the scalp like a crown. Like I'm wearing a fuzzy crown. This effect is usually about as lasting as the residual stimulation with decreasing intensity.

Pretty sure none of this is great for my brain so I'm planning a move to memantine eventually. When I was using MXE heavily in the past, memantine lasted twice as long but I could sleep on it and had no desire to re-dose. I think for those who experience a heavy NMDA antagonist tolerance, memantine should be your next drug to try. It's on par with the price of MXE anyway.

MyExcuse said:
I do know that I often feel pressure around my head in a coronal pattern. Imagine the feeling of having a pair of sunglasses on your head, but in a circle on the scalp like a crown. Like I'm wearing a fuzzy crown. This effect is usually about as lasting as the residual stimulation with decreasing intensity.

Yea I get this too, severly annoying and feels really bad for the brain. Since we both get the same symptoms from different drugs with completely different synthesis routes I doubt it has anything to do with impurities though. I'd much rather blame the actual pharmacological profile of the drug since it seems more plausible. Or maybe they are both broken down by some kind of enzyme we lack, leading to drug accumulation and toxicity upon redosing.

Either that, or some kind of drug withdrawal symptom as it seems to happen when the effects are about to fade, at least for me... NMDA antagonists should be able to cause seizure like symptoms upon abrupt withdrawal...

Either way I've had this feeling and the horrible vibrating sensation in extremities for almost a month now since my last dose and haven't done any drugs at all since then except weed and it's starting to get disconcerting really.

I think I'm gonna stick to ketamine from now on.

The ring-shaped pressure around the head seems to be a common effect. My friends and I refer to it as the MXE hat because, well, it feels like wearing a hat. Never comes across as painful though, just a funny sensation that passes.

^It's probably because of my allodynia (extremely exaggerated painful response to pressure/touching) that I perceive it as painful then. Anyway nice to know it's a common side effect because I was getting worried.

Last edited:
Either way I've had this feeling and the horrible vibrating sensation in extremities for almost a month now since my last dose and haven't done any drugs at all since then except weed and it's starting to get disconcerting really.

I think I'm gonna stick to ketamine from now on.

Still experiencing them after a month is not a good sign... The vibrations I felt always subsided with the effects of the drug. I hope they get better! I've felt wonky from some ketamine binge's in the past for up to a month but I just figured it was mania. Never any real physical side effects except for some minor bladder irritation. I've had ureter pains (k-pains) on MXE a few times too, so I'm dubious about the idea that it is "bladder friendly".

I wish I could go back to Ketamine, I really do. It was my favorite for so very long but it's lost its magic with MXE. I no longer K-hole on ketamine alone, I just get to a point where I black out. I can throw in 4-AcO-DMT and that brings the magic back but carries its own side effects (double duration, difficult recovery period, after-effects of a tryptamine).

MXE still gives me a hole but it carries all of the stimulant properties which I dislike.

I wish I could go back to Ketamine, it's such a great substance. I have a few thoughts on how to fix the tolerance issues but they're expensive thoughts and the payoff may not be immediate.

Never any real physical side effects except for some minor bladder irritation. I've had ureter pains (k-pains) on MXE a few times too, so I'm dubious about the idea that it is "bladder friendly".

MXE definitely does damage to the bladder. I know several people who have experienced k-pains after using it for a little while. Some of these lasted for a while and only subsided after taking cranberry pills and juice for a few days. People only get the idea that it's "bladder friendly" because less material is used than K to attain the desired effects and re-dosing is much less frequent due to the duration. Heavy use and tolerance almost certainly negates these benefits of using MXE over K.

If you really want to try to hole on ketamine alone why not just take a (really) long tolerance break? And what about combining a low dose of MXE with a holing dose of K? That would get rid of the tryptamine come down from combining with 4-AcO-DMT and I actually prefer this combo to holing on either MXE or K alone.

You do get a rush, and plugging MXE in high doses is batshit. Get oral syringe with attachment tube (Amazon).

But I am done with MXE.

Just tried plugging MXE for the first time after being pretty much done with it for about a year. So much better in every way than sublingual (which I always enjoyed more than insufflated).

Way more clearheaded, less anxious, better body high, less dosage.

I was previously taking 120mg sublingually but it wasn't producing as useful dissociative effects for the stimulation at that dosage. at 80mgs I got pretty close to maybe a 100-110mg dose but with far less peripheral stimulation. gonna try a bit higher next time.

"MXE definitely does damage to the bladder"
Source please. I am not saying it doesn't, but that's an irresponsible thing to say without some data to back it up.

Source please. I am not saying it doesn't, but that's an irresponsible thing to say without some data to back it up.

Sorry, shouldn't have used the word "definitely". Further research is still needed before a definite conclusion can be made. [1] However, if you check the MXE side-effects topic here on Bluelight you'll see several reports of bladder issues that may be connected to frequent use and further speculation as to exactly why MXE is said to be safer than ketamine. It would seem likely that methoxetamine can cause damage over time and that possibility should certainly be taken into consideration when experimenting with this substance.

I don't know if there is any empirical data out there, e.g., PubMed, but I have experienced bladder issues from consuming MXE and there are several other anecdotal reports out there, as hypnagogic pointed out.

Just a personal experience I'd like to throw out, but after 2 years of heavy MXE use(probably daily for a couple months, then a couple weeks of break, repeat), I noticed a parkinson's-like twitching that occurred frequently throughout the day and much worse while trying to sleep. Muscle spasms and eye twitching occurred randomly, to the point that several girls I saw at the time commented on how much I twitched while sleeping at night.
It's been over 2 months since I've had any MXE(the longest break I've taken from the drug since I started using it in January of 2011) and the condition has remarkably improved, if not vanished. I think this is a sign of some form of reversible neurotoxicity, but there's not really data to go along with this. Does anyone else have any experience with these symptoms/aftereffects?

^My first thought is your twitches are a sign of Magnesium deficiency, which can occur easily with heavy MXE use without proper diet or supplementation. I can't rule out other possibilities, but that is what seems most likely from my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.