• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - Part 13: Don't you know? MXE comes from MXE-co

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I've found ambient, trip-hop, and post-rock genres of music to be the best suited for introspection and a true glimpse into what dissociation can do. Sometimes I feel like just as much, if not more, positive introspection can be gained from dissociatives as can be gained from psychedelics. It's ability to put your head out into the universe, so to speak, and see everything from a higher perspective without letting you get caught up in the emotion of it all is amazing.
Favorite albums:
Exist Strategy - Dreamcatcher ---- top 3
Explosions in the Sky - The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place ---- all-time favorite
Kruder Dorfmeister - The K&D Sessions
Massive Attack - Mezzanine ---- of course a classic
Mononome - The Secret Melody ---- To Break A Broken Heart is the masterpiece of this 5 song EP.
The Orb - The Orb's Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld ---- always tripped to it, tried it once on MXE and fell in love again
Thievery Corporation - The Cosmic Game ---- amazing album

with one individual song: UNKLE - Lonely Soul. This song is a 10/10 on MXE for me.

Has anyone experienced different batches of Mxe feeling different slightly? I use it IV, so I guess you can really feel the nuances and impurity or something may cause....anyways, this new batch I got feels a little different when I slam it from older ones. I sort of get hot, and I don't geel the electricity and vibrations as much when it comes on. I don't feel as good, it feels more like dxm than mxe, just doesn't feel as clean and crisp and energetic. I don't know if its just me, or if the drug is actually different or contaminated, but it sucks because I have this batch now that I'm kind of put off of doing and its just sitting there not being ejjoyed like it always used to be. Has anyone experienced great variations in background effects? thanks

lusid dreamer you have the point different batches do work differently my latest batch might be cut with tiletamine -at least that's what folks from my country drug board said. i had a couple different batches and there were differences in clarity of the trip / problems with walking and talking / duration and stimulation after the peak and of course potency

Yeah batches really differ in effects, but also some of it is bound to be changes in tolerance that alter the profile of effects. I used to get wobbly and off-balance feeling from it but I can't remember the last time I had a batch that gave me those effects, so I'm more likely to attribute that to changing tolerance. However I can agree, having also IV'd a number of different batches, that each offers different effect profiles that are consistent with each use. If the batch seems much less than 99% purity I won't IV, but even with different batches that are 99%+, they each have their own 'flavor' of experience and quality of 'buzz' after the peak.

Had 40mg vyvanse, 10mg adderall and ~60mg of pretty good meth throughout the day with a 400mg gabapentin every few hours, and now doing some mxe on the crash with 3mg etizolam (spread over the past 6 hours, got distracted after the first mg and my horny stimmed ass went and found someone to fuck before going back to what's truly important: drugs). Probably taken 60mg mxe so far (I have a high tolerance). Smoking pot as well.

Good combo, liked it more than coke and mxe. The benzos and mxe together have just enhanced my mood away from the stim crash and meth plus gabapentin = super socialite.

^ive had remarkably positive experiences combining pregabalin (lyrica, related to gabapentin) with MXE. The body euphoria was unreal.

I said it before but I'll say it again: I busted the myth of sublingual MXE.

I used to take MXE sublingually for a year and a half, but then did an experiment. I took 30mg MXE sublingually (my standard amount) but after 10 minutes I spat it out and rinsed my mouth with water. I waited a few hours and the effects were absolutely minimal, comparable to equal or less to what 5mg does for me.

I then quickly drank down 30mg in a quarter glass of water, and chased it with a quarter glass more on an empty stomach. And lo! Behold! It hit me more rapidly but just as hard as 30mg, my time tested amount, would hit me sublingually.
Well yes, I have to agree. I've done this couple of times, held MXE in my mouth for 15 mins or something and spat it out instead of swallowing the saliva.. little to no effects. But still sometimes I like to hold it in my mouth for a while instead of immediately swallowing it. I've grown to enjoy the taste and the sensation in my mouth although I'm pretty sure it's really not very healthy for my teeth etc. :\

Btw, I used to I.M. MXE for a while, then took a break and returned to oral dosing. I.M. is great for holes but for long-lived sub-hole experiences oral is the way to go imho.

Does anybody know if there is possibly ANY cross tolerance between MXE and 3/4FA/cocaine? The thing is I haven't taken any stim in the last 3 weeks and want to be high the whole weekend. I also have few hundreds mg of mxe on me which I wanted to try tonight but if there is any chance it would decrease the effects of stims I want to take on friday and sunday, I won't touch MXE.

I know in general there should be no cross tolerance between dissociatives and stims but MXE is a wild thing, and I remember reading some study that suggested MXE could affect dopamine and serotonin receptors as well that's why I'm asking

I heavily abused both 4FA and mxe during the same period of time and didn't experience any noticeable cross tolerance

Last edited:
i love mxe//but the tolerance seems to catch up after day 3. which is pretty fast/ If i was able to stick to once a week im sure the fx would be awesome all the time.
its barely noticeable when used daily for pain.

So I used to use/abuse MXE back when it was legal(haven't touched it since), I have then since started using ketamine, but can't seem to K-hole has anyone else experienced this?

I've got some tips on how to better achieve a K-hole in a different thread but has any one experienced cross tolerance with ketamine and MXE even after a long break, like over a year of abstinence of all dissociatives?

It may explain the lack of K-holing.

I experienced something awful from MXE a few times. I want to know if this has happened to anyone else.

First I should note that I have used an incredible amount of MXE, although none for at least a year.

What happened was that I would frequently redose small amounts to maintain a mild euphoria and stimulation... and occasionally take a larger dose like 30-50mg to get higher for a little while.

Several times I almost had a seizure. At least I strongly suspect this is the case. Here is what would happen:

I would feel the need to start moving my arms and hands around in a strange way. I would feel a strong tension in my chest. Then my hands would curl up and I would be unable to open them. My hands were clenched so hard it was painful. My arms would fold over my chest and it felt like my body wanted to turn itself into a pretzel.

The worst time this happened I felt like I might pass out, and it was becoming very hard to breathe. I tried *extremely* hard to stay calm, breathe normally, and prevent my hands and arms from twisting up into a pretzel.

I most definitely should have called 911 but truth be told I was unable to pick up a phone or dial a number if I wanted to.

This passed after about an hour of enduring it. Afterwards I was very glad to have survived this ordeal. I am mostly describing the worst occasion that I remember the most vividly, although like I said it happened to lesser extent on a couple other occasions.

I was mentally pretty sober when this happened, the effects were totally physical.

I have Experinced that several times with MXE. As you say, it's as if you're body wants to turns itself inside out. It only last only 2 minutes but it scares the absolute shit out of me. I should mention it only happens to me when I dose all day and nite without sleep

What the hell could cause that?... Everything besides NMDA antagonism became controversial and now I am confused about all the things MXE does.

My MXE was always limited but I've got a couple grams coming, I like the stuff but am a bit concerned.

A few friends and acquantances of mine never even made the step to MXE because they are suspicious of it.

Last edited:
I have Experinced that several times with MXE. As you say, it's as if you're body wants to turns itself inside out. It only last only 2 minutes but it scares the absolute shit out of me. I should mention it only happens to me when I dose all day and nite without sleep

I feel I should elaborate more on this. Id hazard a guess and say I've used about 100g of MXE since jan 11. When I get MXE I do not give my body rest. I only use to buy 1 gram at a time. I never kept it for say a week later. It was and still is too addictive to me.

I always snort the drug. My pattern of use is usually 30mg bumps through the day for a dreamy, stimulating and anti depressant effect. At night I might go deep at times with 2 50mg withing the space of 10 minutes. However, if I don't sleep after the m hole and continue to do more I will have one of these "seizures".

What happens is within a very short period of time I get very very confused. I will then start pacing about my house in the hope I will be ok. My arms feel like the just want to fold over my body. I will be making very strange and slightly loud noises during this time. It's as if my body is shutting down and I'm going to die any minute. My arms will continue to flap and fold and my body will feel as though it's going to turn inside out. Then I kinda of just collapse to the floor. This whole episode will last no more than 5 minutes and after that I'm fine.

I must point out that this happens because I'm abusing the substance without sleep. I would say I have experienced this about 8 times. It's the scariest thing that has happened to me. I can sometimes kinda sense it coming. You would think this would stop me doing MXE but it hasn't. Although I don't do it as much as I use too.

Make no bones about it. I have been heavily addicted to this substance. It's been a fucking rollercoster. No other drug on this planet compare to MXE IMO.

I don't really know what to do with that but thanks a lot.

I have not let MXE impress me that much, even if I acknowledge the values and effects other people describe. I have used it in extended sessions but not that irresponsibly and I can forget about the stuff when I used my small stash, and let it all go. But I know that I am not above it and that I should be careful with it. Maybe it would be a lot worse if I didn't have this dissociative tolerance, I don't know.

When I was using MXE heavily I never experienced anything like this, I always tried to get as much sleep as possible though not that heavy MXE use helped. Well there was one or two times when I would stay up dosing all night but still never experienced this, this was when it was legal and I imagine the purity has dropped significantly since then so it could be an impurity.
So it could be possibly a bad batch or re-dosing too much I don't know I would use for weeks but always try get get some sleep everyday and didn't get much side effects, other than being "manic" at times.*
And just so you know the kind of doses, I pretty much flew through 5 grams of the stuff in around three weeks if not less, time was pretty hard to measure and this was over a year ago. But maybe this is something that shows with long term use.
*I typed this before your second post pb109, well its seems you really just need more sleep, and less MXE.

Solipsis
I probably don't need to tell you about HR as a greenlighter but just measure all your doses and try to re-dose as little as possible, and don't go on two day binges especially if you have a couple of grams laying about, I found sublingual best for reducing the need to re-dose as it lasts longer. It can be very fiendish at times especially when you are bored.
Also as someone who has done it the more you do MXE and the longer you do it the more it seems to trick you into thinking your okay, in way taking away your sense of self preservation, because your are in what I call "MXE land". That headspace where you don't really care about anything and you feel invincable and happy. Thats what it was like for me anyway.

Pb109 thanks for replying... I was starting to think I was the only one. But I knew that couldn't be true.

My patterns of use were similar to yours. 20mg doses throughout the day, and somewhat more at night. I would pretty much always sleep at night, although maybe a little less than I should have.

This never happened on the 1st use, but after several days of using it straight (even with sleep included).

It can not be attributed to any particular bad batch, as this happened to me on a few different batches of MXE from different sources, and I considered this to be excellent and potent MXE on all these occasions.

I have used probably 150g+ MXE since late 2010. I haven't used it except a couple occasions at all this last year. So we're talking 150g+ in the span of like a year and a half. Prior to that I used somewhere like 300-500g+ Ketamine in the 2 years before that. So clearly I cannot resist dissociatives and use them responsibly.

That said I rarely if ever used MXE in high doses; I tended to use it in low doses to maintain a spacey pleasurable stimulation and motivational effect. Anyway, on occasion when I did dose higher it was somewhat likely that this "seizure / almost-seizure / very scary!" effect would happen to me.

I realize this has not been documented. I also have no interest in making MXE sound dangerous because I hope it stays available.

But let me say this last story. I had not used MXE in over a year, straight. Until a few months ago, I had a half gram. I used it for a few days in a row... light usage throughout the day... 20mg here and there. Slept well every night. On the 4th day I had one of these almost seizures, in fact it was the worst one ever and lasted about 45 minutes. I did not have a seizure but my arms and hands were painfully twisting in on themselves and it became difficult to breathe and I thought I was going to die. I will not describe the exact situation in which this occured as to not self incriminate, but I will say it's a good thing I was able to react in time and get to a safe place before this medical crisis hit its peak.

I would not have been able to dial 911 even if I wanted to... as I certainly was in no position to have emergecy services arrive at my location at the time.

Well, 20mg throughout the day can still become a lot of MXE, especially if you go higher at night and even more so when you do that daily. Not calling you out or anything, but I wouldn't really call that light use. (dosing once a month at most is more like it) It's a bit of a weird drug, with it's action not really being the same as ketamine, so maybe because you had dissociative tolerance you had to use more for equal dissociative effects, and you ended up doing something very worrying somewhere else.

Did you too have a high dissociative tolerance when these things happened, Pb109?

Last edited:
^ Plug it, seriously. Just get over the stupid homophobic shit, it's WELL worth it. With MXE especially. Some drugs I regretted plugging..... never MXE. It's so much better in everyway, you get a great rush and it's extremely efficient. Seems much more psychedelic as well.

You do get a rush, and plugging MXE in high doses is batshit. Get oral syringe with attachment tube (Amazon).

But I am done with MXE.

Status
Not open for further replies.