• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - Part 13: Don't you know? MXE comes from MXE-co

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the anti-SWIM rule helps things a lot, it makes people take more responsibility for what they're writing if they actually have to say "I" did what they were doing instead of their second cousin's pet chinchilla's reading of the Confucian Analects or whatever...
Heh, yeah, I do appreciate our policy against SWIMing. I can just imagine an old-school cognitive psychologist reading the thumb-typed, auto-corrected, meme-speak characteristic of those sorts of posts and publishing "Acute Methoxetamine Intoxication Mimics Dissociative Identity Disorder and Broca's Aphasia." (There's a little psyche vocab humor for ya -- you're welcome.)

I'm currently on an MXE tolerance break. I've noticed major reductions in tolerance after as little as two weeks of abstinence, though it only takes three or four days of successive use to increase it back to where it was pre-break. I've read other's posting it took them two months to return to normal. I know there's significant natural variance in how tolerance develops and abates between users, though it may be relevant that I've made a point to almost never exceed 100 mg in a single day.

limov said:
I put money on volume 27 being moved to the Dark Side as it slowly morphs into a support group for people falsely accused of methoxetamine addiction.
I take regular breaks, but I've never used any drug as frequently for as long as MXE other than alcohol (and that was for sleep). The "addiction" aspect of it is so unusual compared to pretty much any other recreational substance except for maybe ketamine and 3-MeO-PCP/PCE. There's no real craving that I've noticed, it's more just the idea to do it once I've basically decided to do nothing but veg for the rest of the night and an insistent "why not? -- it would be way more fun than dicking around online or watching a film/TV sober, and it's not like you're missing out anything important by being impaired at this point."

It doesn't cause withdrawals, it doesn't have a hangover, it doesn't seem to impair my memory or thinking after it's over, and it's pretty much a guaranteed pleasant way to round off an evening. I can't even say all of that about pot. There's no immediate subjectively felt drawbacks, which pretty much leaves the recognition that chronic ketamine abuse causes cognitive impairment/ gray matter reductions/bladder damage and abstract considerations about subliminal drawbacks, how I might otherwise be using my time, and how I don't want to be a person who spends this much time fucked up no matter how inconsequential it seems to do all the convincing (and then there's the "better buy more now because it could be made explicitly illegal and it's not going to be this cheap or easy to come by then" factor). And I'm not one of those people that gets ideas on it like to dress up as a samurai and walk the streets with a sword, either (actual BL post). It's the easiest drug ever to rationalize overusing.Probably the most reliable way I've found to not do it outside of planned breaks is to keep myself busy for as long as possible then take sleeping pills to minimize the time between winding down for the night and sleep.

Last edited:
^
"There's no immediate subjectively felt drawbacks"

This is a dissociate non the less.. take that as you will.

Therapists/counselors/psychiatrists and the like should really consider researching MXE as a tool for medication-assisted patient therapy sessions. Anecdotal evidence consistently shows great potential for improving mental health with the right guidance- at least as much benefit as MDMA-assisted therapy for a comparison- I helped a friend last night through his first MXE experience. To say it was therapeutic for him is an understatement. He opened up in a way I've never seen in him before. He cried, laughed and talked for hours confronting the core of his 'demons' and 'exorcised' them with great cathartic release.
Regarding my personal research, so far I haven't noticed any adverse interactions between MXE and tricyclic antidepressant Amitriptyline (low dose 25mg/day) which is good news. However I have only been on the amitriptyline for 3 weeks, so it may need a few more weeks for full effect to take hold.

Therapists/counselors/psychiatrists and the like should really consider researching MXE as a tool for medication-assisted patient therapy sessions. Anecdotal evidence consistently shows great potential for improving mental health with the right guidance- at least as much benefit as MDMA-assisted therapy for a comparison- I helped a friend last night through his first MXE experience. To say it was therapeutic for him is an understatement. He opened up in a way I've never seen in him before. He cried, laughed and talked for hours confronting the core of his 'demons' and 'exorcised' them with great cathartic release.
Regarding my personal research, so far I haven't noticed any adverse interactions between MXE and tricyclic antidepressant Amitriptyline (low dose 25mg/day) which is good news. However I have only been on the amitriptyline for 3 weeks, so it may need a few more weeks for full effect to take hold.

May I ask what dosage? And do you feel your MXE is pure or near it? If so, have you had multiple batches that lead you to believe so, or have vendor reviews let you iin on such speculation/knowledge?

May I ask what dosage? And do you feel your MXE is pure or near it? If so, have you had multiple batches that lead you to believe so, or have vendor reviews let you iin on such speculation/knowledge?
I have a lot of experience with different batches, and in this session we used a verified purity of 99% crystalline. it was upwards of 50 mg sublingual.

I said it before but I'll say it again: I busted the myth of sublingual MXE.

I used to take MXE sublingually for a year and a half, but then did an experiment. I took 30mg MXE sublingually (my standard amount) but after 10 minutes I spat it out and rinsed my mouth with water. I waited a few hours and the effects were absolutely minimal, comparable to equal or less to what 5mg does for me.

I then quickly drank down 30mg in a quarter glass of water, and chased it with a quarter glass more on an empty stomach. And lo! Behold! It hit me more rapidly but just as hard as 30mg, my time tested amount, would hit me sublingually.

Holding MXE sublingually is an unpleasant tasting nuisance that moreover probably isn't particularly good for your teeth, and it has proven itself to be completely unneeded: oral is just as good.

Now guys, I know you are skeptic as heck but also very unwilling to verify experiments. Thats a bad combination for innovation.

I'd like some of you guys to repeat the exact same experiment I did to get independent verification. I don't need it for myself, for half a year now I dose orally only and it hits me just as hard and as good, its for you guys still caught up in the "sublingual myth".

So do the following:

-30mg sublingual for 10 minutes (or your standard sublingual subhole dose from your standard MXE batch)
-spit out, rinse & spit to not swallow
-wait at least 3 hours, estimate relative potency

then

-30mg dissolved in 2oz/50ml lukewarm water (or your standard sublingual subhole dose from your standard MXE batch)
-slammed down at once on empty stomach
-rinse mouth and swallow rapidly to minimize mucous membrane exposure
-wait 3 hours, estimate relative potency

Science guys, Progress. Its worth wasting 30mg MXE for an inconvenient and possibly dentally unhealthy dosing myth to die.

No naysaying, no accusations of bold claims against the proven sublingual method, just do it and come back with data, not opinions.

^ Plug it, seriously. Just get over the stupid homophobic shit, it's WELL worth it. With MXE especially. Some drugs I regretted plugging..... never MXE. It's so much better in everyway, you get a great rush and it's extremely efficient. Seems much more psychedelic as well.

Not wanting to put something up your ass has nothing to do with homophobia, its just awkward and uncomfortable in a physical sense for most people to shove something up their ass. Plus then you have a needle with fecal remnants to get rid of, its just not practical at all, especially in a public setting. take your drugs whichever way you prefer. I hate how people who plug automatically assume you have something against gay people just because you don't plug your drugs.

I experienced something awful from MXE a few times. I want to know if this has happened to anyone else.

First I should note that I have used an incredible amount of MXE, although none for at least a year.

What happened was that I would frequently redose small amounts to maintain a mild euphoria and stimulation... and occasionally take a larger dose like 30-50mg to get higher for a little while.

Several times I almost had a seizure. At least I strongly suspect this is the case. Here is what would happen:

I would feel the need to start moving my arms and hands around in a strange way. I would feel a strong tension in my chest. Then my hands would curl up and I would be unable to open them. My hands were clenched so hard it was painful. My arms would fold over my chest and it felt like my body wanted to turn itself into a pretzel.

The worst time this happened I felt like I might pass out, and it was becoming very hard to breathe. I tried *extremely* hard to stay calm, breathe normally, and prevent my hands and arms from twisting up into a pretzel.

I most definitely should have called 911 but truth be told I was unable to pick up a phone or dial a number if I wanted to.

This passed after about an hour of enduring it. Afterwards I was very glad to have survived this ordeal. I am mostly describing the worst occasion that I remember the most vividly, although like I said it happened to lesser extent on a couple other occasions.

I was mentally pretty sober when this happened, the effects were totally physical.

Hi from personal experience I don't think that sublingual is the same as swallowing. I don't have any mxe at the moment so I can't do your test though.

I never liked the effects of mxe when swallowed. The difference in effect from snorted/plugged was very significant for me.

I have tried sublingual but I make sure that I hold the mxe under my tongue until it's all dissolved so this is generally longer than 10 minutes. Also if you hold your tongue in the right way you don't get the mxe dissolving into your saliva and getting all through your mouth (which you then ultimately swallow). Bad sublinqual technique could be an explanation for it not being any better than oral for some people. I find clamping my tongue down and pressing the front of my tongue against my bottom teeth is a good way to stop any getting in the rest of your mouth. If you do this wrong then you get the horrible taste in your mouth which makes you salivate more and it just keeps getting worse

Plus then you have a needle with fecal remnants to get rid of
If you ever change your mind about plugging, please read the beginners guide here on Bluelight ;) You're not supposed to stick a needle in your anus, that could cause some serious damage.
But plugging isn't my ROA of choice either, it's just so much hassle compared to oral, sublingual or intranasal. The only drug I've ever plugged is 2C-E, because of the doubling in potency and snorting it is just too damn painful. Unless plugging MXE has a distinct advantage over intranasal I'll just put it right into my nose whenever I get my hands on some of this drug.

im still skeptical about plugging. after i did it i laid down for half an hour and started getting physical sensations but when i got up it went away pretty much. maybe its just tolerance but idk 30mg snorted still gets me fucked

I don't think many people really understand the easiest way to plug MXE. Take a 1 mL insulin syringe, cut off the needle through the plastic sheath, and file the leftover edges smooth. Back load a dose into the barrel, fill with hot water from the tap and shake it until it's dissolved. You can prepare numerous doses at once quickly this way. Also, the insulin syringe is about half a centimeter wide and you're only using 1 mL per ~40 mg dose. You hardly feel a thing. You don't even have to lay down after emptying the syringe unless you have an especially loose butt hole. It's much faster, and much more potent with MXE (if it's not for you somethings wrong -- try shitting first). MXE is pretty forgiving, but insufflating other drugs will cause burning, congestion, drip, sniffling, and potential damage to your sense of smell. Plugging reduces the first of those greatly and the latter of course aren't even an issue. This is why people who plug don't really understand people who don't. They do it right.

Last edited:
Not wanting to put something up your ass has nothing to do with homophobia, its just awkward and uncomfortable in a physical sense for most people to shove something up their ass. Plus then you have a needle with fecal remnants to get rid of, its just not practical at all, especially in a public setting. take your drugs whichever way you prefer. I hate how people who plug automatically assume you have something against gay people just because you don't plug your drugs.

You don't put need to anything up there. Most people shove the whole barrel up there... hey, whatever floats your boat. All you need is the very tip though, hardly an inch inside. MXE isn't a very good drug for public places anyways, I think most people that enjoy it use it to relax at home.

Good news for Folley is that I'm gonna be able to get more real soon :D

Last edited:
Yay I'm also getting MXE again real soon! And plugging is totally worth it with MXE.

Looks like some people are happy with their new direction at least :) Hopefully we get more 2Cs from them now too

So I have an opportunity to get my hands on some MXE...I'm completely new to dissociatives and I've never used anything outside of the opiate/opioid family. I'm always a little wary of trying new shit but it's being provided at a very decent price. Is it something I should stay away from until I'm more familiar with the class of drugs?
I've also heard something about lower doses being relaxing and kind of opiate-like. What would be a good dose for me? And should I just take it sublingually?

20mg should be a good place to start for a semi-dissociative and relaxing experience. Personally, I've never been a fan of sublingual administration, but if it suits you, then go for it.

20mg should be a good place to start for a semi-dissociative and relaxing experience. Personally, I've never been a fan of sublingual administration, but if it suits you, then go for it.

Thank you! Is it going to be the kind of thing I'd need a babysitter for?

^ I certainly don't think so, it's a pretty relaxing experience unless you dose too high

I just sit back and put on a Hardstyle mix and lay back with my eyes closed for the next hour or two haha

Status
Not open for further replies.