• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

anyone here know the dose of malic acid for liver/gallbladder cleansing?

ongos

Bluelighter
I'm not a drug addict or an alcoholic, but I am a steroid user. I read something about the use of malic acid to cleanse the liver and gallbladder to remove gallstones, and just for general wellness and cleansing of the body, etc. Does anyone here know anything about this or have tried this procedure? I read to use 1 teaspoon daily and mix it with water and drink it for about a week or so. I read others have used more than that amount.

:?

This is supposedly cost effective and tolerable (for those who don't drink apple juices) than drinking a gallon of apple juice a day (apples are high in malic acid).

I'm going to move this thread over to Healthy Living where you should be able to get more insight. :)

The dose is 1500mg but divided into three doses. So get 500mg tablets, and take 1 x 3 times daily.

I generally only recommend this cleanse to people who tend to suffer from gall stones. You don't need to have stones to do it, but as a general cleanse it can be a tad depleting. But yes, it's cheap and effective nonetheless.

I have already written this procedure for someone else, and I've done it myself. I'll just copy and paste it here:

You will need:
1) 500mg Malic Acid in tablet form (find at any health food store) - Douglas Labs is the best brand, but any will do, and if you can get one that has a small amount of magnesium in it, then even better.
2) Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate)
3) Good quality olive oil.
4) Whole grapefruits or lemons (you'll need 1/2 cup of the fresh juice)
5) Pure water
* This cleanse will take a total of 7 days, and on the 7th day you should be at home because you will need the toilet often. Warn others you live with.
** If you don't have 7 days, you can shorten it to 6 days.

For the duration of the cleanse, do not consume any dairy, meat, or fried foods. Do eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.

For the first 6 days, take 1 tablet (500mg) of malic acid three times a day with meals. That's a total of 1500mg of malic acid per day.

In the afternoon or evening of the 6th day, you will take your final dose of malic acid. Do not eat another meal after this point. Here is the schedule for the rest of day 6:

4-5pm: ingest one tablespoon of epsom salt dissolved in water.
2 hours later (7pm): ingest another tablespoon of epsom salt in water.
2 hours after that (9pm): mix one half cup olive oil with one half cup grapefruit juice. Ingest.
Go to bed not long after. Everything you've done will take 8-12 hours to take effect.

Morning of day 7:
Without eating breakfast, ingest another tablespoon of epsom salt in water.
2 hours later: ingest another tablespoon of epsom salt in water. This will be your 4th and final dosage.
Then wait.
After your first major bowel movement, you are free to eat.

Explanation of what's happening:
The malic acid releases any old bile in the liver and into the gallbladder, and any build up along with it. It also softens stones. Epsom salt opens the bile duct so that contents may escape into the small intestine. The oil you ingest is a fat and will trigger your gall bladder to contract to release all its contents, including stones. Since the duct will be fully open, you can expect some explosive bowel movements on day 7 so stay home all day. You'll notice in the toilet that there are green and yellow balls that may even look like sand. Those are stones and various deposits.

Once day 7 is done, congratulations, you have just flushed your liver and gallbladder. You should notice improvements in digestion, bowel movements, and general well being. Anyone who has or suspects that they have gallstones can benefit greatly from this simple cleanse, as it will prevent complications down the road. You don't need to have stones though to do this.

Curious how does one know they have gallstones? i have never done this cleanse so it's for simply general wellness. I don't even know if I have gallstones. I opened this thread to find out what the dosage is of malic acid for human consumption. Some people I read about used bulk malic acid powders and used about 1 teaspoon daily. I would assume that's about 1500mg if not more.

The dose is 1500mg but divided into three doses. So get 500mg tablets, and take 1 x 3 times daily.

I generally only recommend this cleanse to people who tend to suffer from gall stones. You don't need to have stones to do it, but as a general cleanse it can be a tad depleting. But yes, it's cheap and effective nonetheless.

I have already written this procedure for someone else, and I've done it myself. I'll just copy and paste it here:

You will need:
1) 500mg Malic Acid in tablet form (find at any health food store) - Douglas Labs is the best brand, but any will do, and if you can get one that has a small amount of magnesium in it, then even better.
2) Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate)
3) Good quality olive oil.
4) Whole grapefruits or lemons (you'll need 1/2 cup of the fresh juice)
5) Pure water
* This cleanse will take a total of 7 days, and on the 7th day you should be at home because you will need the toilet often. Warn others you live with.
** If you don't have 7 days, you can shorten it to 6 days.

For the duration of the cleanse, do not consume any dairy, meat, or fried foods. Do eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.

For the first 6 days, take 1 tablet (500mg) of malic acid three times a day with meals. That's a total of 1500mg of malic acid per day.

In the afternoon or evening of the 6th day, you will take your final dose of malic acid. Do not eat another meal after this point. Here is the schedule for the rest of day 6:

4-5pm: ingest one tablespoon of epsom salt dissolved in water.
2 hours later (7pm): ingest another tablespoon of epsom salt in water.
2 hours after that (9pm): mix one half cup olive oil with one half cup grapefruit juice. Ingest.
Go to bed not long after. Everything you've done will take 8-12 hours to take effect.

Morning of day 7:
Without eating breakfast, ingest another tablespoon of epsom salt in water.
2 hours later: ingest another tablespoon of epsom salt in water. This will be your 4th and final dosage.
Then wait.
After your first major bowel movement, you are free to eat.

Explanation of what's happening:
The malic acid releases any old bile in the liver and into the gallbladder, and any build up along with it. It also softens stones. Epsom salt opens the bile duct so that contents may escape into the small intestine. The oil you ingest is a fat and will trigger your gall bladder to contract to release all its contents, including stones. Since the duct will be fully open, you can expect some explosive bowel movements on day 7 so stay home all day. You'll notice in the toilet that there are green and yellow balls that may even look like sand. Those are stones and various deposits.

Once day 7 is done, congratulations, you have just flushed your liver and gallbladder. You should notice improvements in digestion, bowel movements, and general well being. Anyone who has or suspects that they have gallstones can benefit greatly from this simple cleanse, as it will prevent complications down the road. You don't need to have stones though to do this.

Curious how does one know they have gallstones? i have never done this cleanse so it's for simply general wellness. I don't even know if I have gallstones. I opened this thread to find out what the dosage is of malic acid for human consumption. Some people I read about used bulk malic acid powders and used about 1 teaspoon daily. I would assume that's about 1500mg if not more.

I was having stomach pains and I was gassy about a couple and a half years ago and not only that, I had an extremely painful attack like someone was twisting my insides and if I remember it was March or April of 2011. I also have IBS so the pain could have been related to it so I took zantac that night which helped a bit. I was sent to get an ultrasound and this is how I found out I have gallstones.

Yes, I realize your question was just about malic acid, but since you are looking to undertake this liver cleansing process I thought I would give you the best means to do it.

For this cleanse, 1500mg/day is the recommende level, but keep in mind that there are about 3.5g of malic acid in a litre of apple juice. So that 1.5g/day is not really as much. The point of doing the malic acid power is to avoid having to drink all that apple juice.

hello there- Ok have been doing liver/gall flushing for years and really recommend it for good health and de-aging.
The liver has 'stones' and can be very congested over the years ! When you clean out your liver you will revive your body big time! When the liver is clean the blood becomes clean and rejuvenates all the cells in your body. I do a flush twice a year! My first flush was about 15 years ago . Hundreds of stones came out ! all sizes and colours ! I was sold on it then! Im 65 and most people guess me in late 40's ! I have very little issues with my body- hardly any aches and pains etc. I also do a lot of raw fooding - but I still love to indulge now and then on fish and chips and some other guilty pleasures. The thing is to treat yourself now and then but eat at least 75% raw and you will feel so much better ! There's a book called 'The amazing all gall bladder and liver flush by [FONT=SF Optimized, system-ui, -apple-system, system-ui, .SFNSText-Regular, sans-serif]Andre Moritz -- worth reading for more info! best of luck and good health to you all :) . PS stones in liver will not show up on any scans you have done - ie cat and MRI scans etc.[/FONT]

All the "hundreds of stones" that come out in the toilet are actually fat globules from the olive oil mixing with bile from the gallbladder. That's why they're greenish/yellowish. Normally that fat would get digested and absorbed but because you're doing a rapid cleanse it passes right through.

I do believe though that in and among all that debris is genuine garbage that the liver has released alongside it, and there may indeed be some small stones in there.

All the "hundreds of stones" that come out in the toilet are actually fat globules from the olive oil mixing with bile from the gallbladder. That's why they're greenish/yellowish. Normally that fat would get digested and absorbed but because you're doing a rapid cleanse it passes right through.

I do believe though that in and among all that debris is genuine garbage that the liver has released alongside it, and there may indeed be some small stones in there.

And four years later he's still following along!! Good....