• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction GHB+Xanax ?

One last comment regarding Xanax and GHB

I took a normal moderate Xanax dosage (1mg) and a rather high GHB dosage.

Please don't follow in my footsteps guys. This combo is really dangerous.

^^and realy pointless as ghb provides a great anti-anxiety effect on its own...

Captain H you have been here a long time. I'm sort of surprised to see a question like this from you. It sounds like your GHB sucks, but the best advice I could give to anyone seeking to try this combo is simple.

Take a smaller then normal dose of both until you see how you'll react!

I used to enjoy mixing Klonopin, Xanax, and alcohol. It was still probably a lot safer then mixing anything with GHB.

Anyways I think you already know what your doing so I just see this thread as setting a bad example for other people that might try the combo in the future.

Also It's not possible to have midazolam mess up your tolerance from getting it one time during surgery, I had the same midazolam fent combo before and it did not do anything to my tolerance except make the vic's not work that they gave me.

So if anyone is going to try this, I would recommend just sticking with GHB and saving the Xanax for another time. Together they are sort of a waste IMO. But if they must be combined take less of both.

The combination is quite overdose prone. Please don't combine these recklessly. I learned my lesson.

cap are you sure your not so loaded off the G that you don't think your loaded anymore i get that from taking too much xanax

And no, that Midazolam shot you had in the hospital once did NOT permanently mess up your GABA(-B) receptors and did NOT give you a permanent GHB tolerance. You may want to read up on the difference between GABA-A and GABA-B agonists and how their cross-tolerance works.

Last edited:
Is this a cry for help? This thread's marked as HR but I'm really not quite sure that the advice we're giving is the type of help you need.... This is like, driving on the freeway with no hands on the wheel.

Mixing GABA agonists like GHB and benzos is a recipe for disaster. Mixing benzos and a weaker GABA agonist like alcohol is bad enough

I've had the same thought that recent excessive dosing has messed something up with regards to my receptors but hard to prove any correlation.

Is this a cry for help? This thread's marked as HR but I'm really not quite sure that the advice we're giving is the type of help you need.... This is like, driving on the freeway with no hands on the wheel.

I already consumed all the G I have.

I like the combo and would probably do it again.

Whether or not it's a cry for help I would appreciate a real answer. If the combo has such a dangerous synergy that it can't be estimated then I won't ask. But again I'll just ask: is there any idea what is going to work well without making me vomit a lot?

A moderate dosage of G and 1mg of Xanax is the most I have taken.

Just lower your dose of each pretty exponentially. Kinda bad news you don't know much about your G as its the most important factor IMO(obviously a huge benzo dose would be, but whenever I traversed this combo, I always dosed higher on the G than the bens...)in this combo. I like to normally take, say 1.5-4.5 grams of GHB(normal dose is about 2.0-2.5g's)if I was planning on taking Alp, I would take 1.75g's and .25-.5mgs of Alp(though Alp messes me up like no other benzo soo...). Just be careful and attempt to stay alert, if you know your GABA tolerance this combo isn't the worst thing in the world and can allow one for a a bit of an altered flavoring to the regular GHB go and you can also take lower doses of each to reach a similar state.

I take it the dose/effects curve for GHB is too steep for a "level of effects"?

I have thought about it and I want to get my bang for my buck. Or maybe this is a silent cry for help (even though I am so happy I wish you all could be me for a few minutes)

Either way - GHB doesn't last long. How risky is it to dose one and then the other vs both at once?

I feel its a cry in a way but what can you do really? GHB+other GABA additives is dangerous, but its not astronomically dangerous, especially if you know your tolerance/what your doing. I personally would usually just end up dosing the benzo first to relax or something, then figure why not top off with a bit of G, most times. I don't think i've taken them at any real "off" times per say. Never really decided to take both at once that I remember either, their is merit to this combo, its just not really more worthwhile than lowering doses/adding a bit of extra anixolysis for myself(like thats needed with G though haha!).

Glad your feeling good mang and hope the feeling rushes on like a raging river!

What if I use a high benzo dose(10mg), smoke a lot of weed and add a low GHB dose?(20 drops from a well diluted solution)? My idea is to get the psychedelic effects of benzos + weed and also get a smooth high from the GHB, low dose, nothing that will me make pass out.

Captain and everyone else - I've read up on this and everything I've read says that GHB/GBL and benzos act on the same receptors and that you should never under any circumstances mix the two.

I've done it in the past with no ill effects but my benzo dose was always kept very low, and I had a moderate tolerance at the time.

The best HR advice is don't dose the two together.

Here's how countless caps of G, a number of pints, and 16mg of dilaudid (when i'm really high I have a tendency to think i'm not that high and always want to get higher, so I figured adding an opiate to the mix would be great) combined for me: i woke up in the hospital after a coma and respiratory arrest. In other words its a bad fucking idea, sadly we can't trust our brains when we're that fucked up. Be careful!

while i would certainly NOT recommend it, ghb and xanax used to be my favorite drug combination of choice many moons ago, G for the energy and xanax to smooth it out. it was like bliss for me though i was a regular xanax user and quite often had moderate to high doses of it due to my ridiculous tolerance to all benzos at the time. xanax never made me drowsy only extremely clear headed and calm, it actually used to wake me up and focus so hard that i would stay up all night cleaning and fixing things around the house, kind of like what some people get when they do amphetamines but that never happened for me. mind you when i dosed the 2 together i would have much less G than i normally would as it's so easy to cross over that line into danger territory. just my experience so please nobody take it as advice because it's not!