Bluelight

Thread: snorting wellbutrin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    snorting wellbutrin 
    I made this post because a lot of people have seemed to wonder about snorting wellbutrin. I have done it a few times now, usually when I'm out of other drugs.

First of all, it really does burn like hell. It's the most painful thing I've ever snorted, even worse than demerol for me. But, after a few lines your nose does go numb. Anyways, i have really begun to enjoy the high, reminds me of a small adderall Buzz but I feel more "out of it" so to speak. The most I have snorted is 600mg (2 XL pills) and I am not going any higher due to the seizure risk. I have found that one to one and a half can make me feel good. It Is a powerful med, and it has helped greatly with my depression, so I try not to abuse it too often
    But if you're out of everything and looking for a decent time, wellbutrin can provide.

2. Collapse Details

Uh huh.. That's.. sort of weird, um, you should really read the guidelines for how to write a trip report. They're at the top of the form. Then you can come back and edit this post to make it into a trip report. Otherwise I for see this being moved to OD, or more likely just locked.

3. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    dont listen to him. the high is absolutely not worth the extreme pain and seizure risk

4. Collapse Details

Bluelight needs this particular suggestion like it needs a hole in the head. Do not fucking snort wellbutrin. It doesn't work out well for people. I suggest that you improve your drug connects and get some shit that is actually worth abusing. Christ.

5. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Recovery Support
    Science & Technology
    Here is a list of different things I would do before I snorted wellbutrin.. throw a drinking party for ten with a warm six pack of NA beer, main line the best pure water money can buy, insufflate coffee.. you get the picture and if you think Im promoting the Iv of water there is no hope. The biggest rush you should get of snorting wellbutrin would be the rush of embarrassment you should receive.
    Last edited by neversickanymore; 05-09-2013 at 22:33.

6. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Are you not old enough to buy a six pack of beer if you want a buzz? Fuck snorting Wellbutrin. Good luck.

7. Collapse Details

OP-
    I've done it too. Several times. I felt something as well, but it wasnt worth the nosefuck. I quickly stopped. You should too, please.

8. Collapse Details

snorting wellbutrin wont provide any positive euphoria, I seen a lot of people in upstate prison snorting wellbutrin, I just sighed and laughed under my breath as I walked past there cubicle

9. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Used to get dikes round here a few moons ago
    Snorting Wellbutrin

I dont see why their is negative comments directed towards the poster of this thread. Surely its a fair post highlighting abuse of a drug that is unknown to most. Fair enough advise people that this drug should not be snorted under any circumstances, thats right but there's no need to be nasty to individuals for being uneducated. Is that not one of the reasons bluelight is here? Education and Helping People ?

10. Collapse Details

you do have a good point, some people just express themselves in an assertive way and accidently coming off rude, some people sugar coat issues leaving the OP confused, besrt policy is be respectful and str8 to the honst truth

11. Collapse Details

Look, if you're going to do this, I have a few things to say:
    1. Cold Water Extraction. Evaporate it on a plate and scrape it up with a razor. This is to remove some of the fillers. It will make it absorb better, and make it so that the particles you will snort are not so angular and hard.
    2. RINSE RINSE RINSE. You will want to do a rise of your nasal passages a little while after you've taken your dose. This shit is fucking caustic. Make sure you wipe your nose if it starts to run.
    3. Don't go over 150-200 mg insufflated in a session. There is serious risk for seizures with this drug. Again, the figures I gave are based on my knowledge, and I am neither a pharmacologist or a doctor.

12. Collapse Details

^ so wellbutrin has recreational value, or u just saying If that's what he wants to do, ur advice is solely on HR?

13. Collapse Details

I had a straight panic attack when I did this back in the day. And brain zaps and a bunch of weird ass effects. Not enjoyable at all IMO. But I was also very drug naive at the time and maybe I would react different if tried again. But thats just not gona happen.

14. Collapse Details

Bluelight Crew paranoid android's Avatar
    I take wellbutrin to help control the depression side of my bipolar as well as the seasonal affective disorder i get. I mostly take it when fall comes and it starts getting dark early right up until summer as it does help the depression i get from the miserable winter and spring we have. It does wake me up so to speak but it has absolutely no recreational effects whatsoever. No way would i try snorting one of those 150mg SR's or 300mg XL pills as that's alot of powder and i have heard it burns like fire. If it burns worse then Demerol i certainly am not touching it.

The only guys i know who snort bupropion are people who spend more time in prison then out. 2 guys i was acquaintances with and who are now serving long prison sentences snorted it in the pen out here and used to do it on the outside when they couldn't get crack or Ritalin or some other upper. I saw this real loser snort 2 300mg XL's and he started to get all loud n shit until we told him to fuck off. It seems to be a drug of desperation. The same people i have seen snort wellbutrin also take drugs like mirtazapine, amitriptyline, seroquel, Thorazine/Largactil, methotrimeprazine and any other drug that helps them sleep off prison time.

Really if you can't score for any recreational drugs on the street go get some DXM or if you don't live in America OTC codeine. Both of those are actually recreational and thus worth doing.

15. Collapse Details

Personally I prefer wellbutrin over DXM.

16. Collapse Details

^Have you lowered your doses at all?

You can also consider oral administration; I know it isn't as rushy, and the stimulation isn't as pronounced, but the euphoria is a lot more diffuse in the body and the duration is definitely better.

How's your nose holding up? I hope you're rinsing at the very least, you know very well how corrosive this stuff is compared to many other cathinones.

17. Collapse Details

I try to not do it often, more of a last resort type thing. Does hurt my nose pretty bad but I do always rinse. I could see long term abuse really messing it up though. I'm also really careful to not crush any of the outer coating.

18. Collapse Details

I found using wellbutrin and Adderall together works well

19. Collapse Details

A family member of mine and I were just discussing Wellbutrin. Appearantly people have started injecting it IV. He works as an ER / Surgical nurse and has seen a few patients come in with a wax like substance coming out of the IV site and causing huge open sores which are extremely hard to prevent from becoming infected. So in case anyone is thinking of taking a step up from snorting them, please think again. It's not worth limb loss.

- I am also a pharmacy tech so these conversations between this family member and I tend to be quite accurate, but sincere apologies if I am in any way mistaken.

20. Collapse Details

I really wish there was a consensus. I started snorting my prescriptions about 4 months ago and I've yet to get "high" every day by prescription I take orally 30 mg xr of Adderall and another 30 mg at 2. 300 mg wellbutrin, and 20 mg abilify. I switched from Ritalin to Adderall last week when my prescription of 450pills was gone in 10 days. today I've snorted 900 mg of wellbutrin and 150 mg of Adderall. breakdown of time every hour or so was: 600, 60, 300, 90. today after the 600 my head did start to shake a little.....but that's it. why won't any of these things work for me. help

21. Collapse Details

antidepressants are not made to be snorted, nor is there any recreational value in it...same thing when i see ppl crushing up xanax to mix into their dope to snort. i get it, but its a waste. plus the shits has to drip before it works...its not like its getting absorbed through your mucosa. sure ppl snort ritalin and adderall, but i think there are only a few pharms worth snorting and the vast majority are opioids. and any pill for sl admin like bupe, or anything else with a flavor, fuck putting that up your nose.

22. Collapse Details

Hey man, 900mg of wellbutrin is a dangerous amount to snort. And i think you just overdid it on the adderall. It loses its wonder after a while. Sucks man.

23. Collapse Details

Seizure heaven, I advice one to stop trying to abuse antidepressants.

24. Collapse Details

Thank you for all the information, I have stopped my 4 month experiment with snorting medicine.
    All I can say is "don't believe the hype" Nothing I tried gave me any more of a "buzz" than taking
    them properly did, or in my case didn't do. I honestly think the whole wellbutrin addiction aspect
    is people being addicted to the feeling of snorting it rather than the actual feeling they receive
    from it. It stays in your nose and throat for quite some time and makes you feel like you're feeling
    something. The most I ever did one day was 300 mg orally and 1800 mg up the nose. There is
    no feeling of euphoria or anything else real. IMHO

25. Collapse Details
    Agreed... 
    I just tried snorting 100mg of xl and it BURNS LIKE HELL. Luckily I had some oral analgesic, which i mixed with water and gargled, otherwise my throat would probably still be BURNING LIKE HELL. So far in the last 15-20 min I have blown my nose about 10 times, the mucus running out like a small river. I have noticed a slight buzz but cannot enjoy it at all. Perhaps if the pill was stripped of it's coating first it might be better, or if there was some way to isolate the buprion from the fillers (5:1 baking soda cook?). Anyway, you should be prepared if you are going to try and snort it that -> it FUCKING HURTS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast