• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS Introduce Yourself! Version: Hello! Hola! Bonjour! 你好!

Hey there,

I'm sumaerT, I just spent an hour typing up a really long intro, felt really nice to get it out there, and thanks to the internet I somehow got logged out when I hit post, so I'll just leave it at I'm happy to be here, looking forward to staying clean, and will have even more to post about later. Let's just say I came to this site looking for an undetectable way to get stoned but "recovery" caught my eye and I'm so glad it did. I need support, better it come from people than drugs.

Hi sumaerT, glad you found Bluelight and you're in the right place for recovery tips! We're here to help. :)

Hi all, I'm calling myself cookieboy, from South west Western Australia. I'm 51 and been using everyday for the last 21yrs, I started a little differently to a lot of people but ended up in the same place.
I was in a work accident which crushed my lower leg, left the rehaib hospital 8 months later. the last 3 months of i was having 4hourly injections of 150mg pethidine

Hi Cookieboy again, I didnt intend to post the above, Sorry I'll carry on.
Needless to say this is not a great way to leave hospital but I was shown how to inject myself IM, Also was takeing around 20mg xanax a day as well as a heap of other shit.
It wasn't long before all my Pethidine was going in IV, then all the Morphine.
No internet back then and too thicker spikes destroyed my viens, been on morphine and hydromorph for around the last 18yrs.
But the time has come, tryed cold turkey over xmas,Bad move didn't make it. Couldn't beleive how depressed I got so soon. I really want to get off all this.
Knowing theirs so many people out their in the same situation both saddens and encourages me, truth is I'm scared.
i'm really shakey at the moment, I've dropped my oxy's by 10mg and a long time till Hydromorph later tonight.
Thanks all i hope i'm not rambleing

Hey all, I had my first psychosis from a powder I had in London a month ago. I have been quite depressed so I'm on pritstiq now and I'm going through Olanzapine withdrawal, has anyone had any experience with this med?

Hi Potty, and cookieboy, welcome. I hope that you are both checking out the Sober Living forum. There is lots of support to be had from both TDS and SL as well as Mental Health.Jump in and encourage others, share information and ask for support through your own threads if it seems appropriate. Don't be discouraged if no one responds at first--it can take a while--just be sure to read all the forum guidelines first.

Cookieboy, you can do it and I really commend your courage. I can imagine how scary this feels after so long but it is scarier to keep using, At a certain point you get that and that knowledge has to be what you return to when the addictive thoughts try to tell you otherwise.

Thanks herbavore, I've started reading the sober living, I have a long way to go!

One thing that puts my struggles in perspective for me, especially when I feel like I have a long way to go in conquering something, is to feel a deep appreciation that I am alive and capable of using that long time.;) My husband has cancer right now and I can see how he feels about time and it is very different. It has made me appreciate the luxury of thinking that I have "a long way to go".

Aaaaaaawwwwwww yeah y'all. Isha boy BHPaperstacks AKA Papes Stackington the Third AKA Pimp Boy Lafferty the Unrepentant One AKA Da Toucher of Fine Asses AKA Daddy Lazzenbee the Flasher of Authentic Westside Hand Signals. It's like this ONE MAN, ONE BUILDING and ONE CHANCE TO BE UP IN THE BUILDING and by UP IN THE BUILDING I mean living an opiate free life.

I'm 25 and have been addicted to opiates for 3 years following a car accident. I have been weaning myself down and am planning on doing a rapid one week suboxone taper in the coming month. I plan on posting a more detailed thread about my addiction and plans for my recovery and hope to receive some of the great support and advice that I've witnessed from others in this forum. As you can probably tell from my intro I'm a bit of a clown, but one thing I am serious about is getting off of opiates and getting up in the building!

Watch out for broken elevators.;) Seriously, welcome. I love your intro and your username. I contemplated saying "take the steps" to get up in the building instead of beware of broken elevators but I guess that could be construed as pushing AA over other strategies.

What are you doing so far to attain your goal? I look forward to hearing your story and seeing you around the forum. Humor goes a long way in everything from coping to healing and it sure makes everything more palatable along the way so I appreciate it wherever I see it.

Thanks for the reply herbavore. I'm going to write a long drawn out "novel" of a post about my situation and how I got here tomorrow, mostly for therapeutic purposes, but right now as far as my plan goes it is to do a 9 day rapid suboxone taper.

From my research online a rapid suboxone taper will be the best way to minimize the acute physical withdrawals. After the rapid suboxone taper I plan to use kratom for a week, then switch to light tramadol and then finally clonodine and Valium for the final stages. As you can probably tell I'm a bit of a bitch when it comes to acute withdrawal. I may not even need to go to this great of lengths as my previous withdrawal from black tar heroin and oxycodone were not as drawn out, though I used some opiates intermittently for sleep aid, but was, in the end, very proud of myself for eventually turning down the opiates my mother was offering me in a drawn out tapering processes much earlier than anticipated. Unfortunately I relapsed after grossly overestimating my own personal ability to control my use of my prescriptions as I still deal with backpain from when my girlfriend and I were rear ended by a semi truck.

I understand that a lot of doctors and others recommend longer term suboxone tapers rather than the short term kimd that I am considering. Their main argument seems to be that changing the drug seeking lifestyle is the purpose behind switching to the long term suboxone taper even though the longer acting partial agonists like suboxone and methadone cause much more drawn out withdrawals. I haven't used opiates to get high in over 6 months now, my drug use has been purely maintenance so I don't believe that, at this point, using a long term suboxone maintenance program is the best choice for me if in the end it will only prolong my withdrawals which I feel will have a greater chance of causing me to relapse than the urge to get high.

So far I have greatly decreased the amount of oxymorphone I am taking and have moved to a new state with no drug contacts. Along with this my insurance is getting canceled in 1 month so I won't be able to afford pharmaceutical opiates. However, I realize that this alone is not sufficient cause to guarantee a true recovery from addiction. Fortunately these occurrences have coincided with my deeper want to change my life and I am looking at them more as happy conincidences to aid me in changing my life style rather than the driving causes behind the change.

Ive just taken my night time dose after several hours of discomfort from preliminary withdrawal and am going to try and get some sleep but tommorrow I am looking forward to discussing yours and others opinions regarding my plans for dealing with the acute withdrawals and PAWS as well as telling you about my life, suspected underlying reasons for turning to drugs and generally just discussing various topics with people who have more experience with the problems I'm dealing with than I myself have.

I just wanted to add one more time that the support I've seen you all giving each other on this forum has been very inspiring and has helped to strengthen my resolve to get clean and live an opiate free life so thank you all for that.

Hey Im new. I use a lot of psychedelics and will be posting here about trip reports and such.

Man theres so many posts about heroin adiction. I already quit that shit, makes me so sad depressing people who are still slaves to heroin

Hi moonbear, Welcome to Bluelight. Glad you were able to quit heroin. Many times I read about people who are struggling with addiction and people in my real life who have lost the fight and it makes me sad too. But also very grateful I was able to quit before it killed me. If we can make a difference and help others even in a small way it makes the world a better place. That's what The Darkside is all about. <3

Yo everyone my name is _________. Im an alcoholic and a drug addict. I just went through rehab and have relapsed more times than I can count since. Today I felt like blasting myself, so I decided to drink some fucking scope. Now I know what you are all thinking, this dude is a dumbass why not drink real alcohol? Well my Id has been taken away by my dad and I have no money. So here I am drinking fucking scope. Now I know what you are all thinking again, why does this dude not just man up and blast himself or jump of a fucking cliff. Well Im getting pretty close, but I dont want to scar my little bro psychologically. He is a good kid. But I think about that bullet to the head a lot. Its a 30/30 so I should be able to do the job right. I also live near gigantic canyon walls which are equally as lethal. I got one day left of my benzos and ADD meds, and then I am fucked. IS anyone out there listening? Probably not. Well anyways sorry for the self pity fest i just wrote. This site has helped me through some dark times. I think I was sure I was going to od on ADDy about 100 times and this site calmed me down. So thanks guys. Anyways if anyone is out there reading this, thank you.

Hi i'm fallout,
I'm 20 years old and i am from the north eh? Haha yes Canada.
I'm here because i wish to seek support/tips on recovering.
I've been struggling with wanting to be healthy and feel good at the same time. See i've got mental health issues ( These days who doesn't? ) and addictions i wish i never picked up.
I like my poisons, but its not what i want for my life. i've already wasted my teenage years away like that. I started at a young age, i've seen some things that i wish i never would have.
I've been to treatment 3 times and that has helped alot, but it doesn't stop the cravings and urges. But yeah, hopefully i will get something good to take from this forum. Good luck everyone!

Hi Treetop Flyer and fallout:)

Really pleased you've decided to join the community here and posted in the introductions thread.

TF, you'll have to forgive me I've no idea what 'scope' is let alone 'fucking scope', I'm just a dumb ass from the UK;) so you're in good company

Fallout, you sound like you've reached some pretty big conclusions about what you want for the future, I'm gone 40 and havent managed to gain your resolve as yet so I'm hopeful you'll bring some positivity with you .

Best wishes

Hi Treetop, you sound pretty desperate. Rehabs that help you through WDs etc are only the first step towards getting healthy. You have to be willing to get to know what is underneath the need to get high. Maybe it is boredom, maybe pain, maybe depression or anxiety maybe a little of everything. Either way, if you have been using substances to cope with your feelings during a time when you are still developing, you have robbed yourself of the chance to learn any other way to cope. Don't panic, though. You can pick up the pieces at any age but certainly having a younger brain helps! It sounds like you are young and living in a family. If there is a lot of fighting and arguing going on over your use it can be hard to find the space to change. Do you have any support outside the family, like counseling? It's really difficult to do this (get sober) without a plan and outside support.<3

Hi, fallout. Lots of Canadians here! Two of the mods here in the Recovery forums are Canadian. :) It's good you made an account. Check out all three forums here--Mental Health, Sober Living and The Dark Side--they all relate, right? I think it is great that you used the phrase "not what I want for my life". Taking responsibility for that is huge. You will find lots of people here that are finding their way through relapses, partial sobriety, total abstinence, etc. Some use the 12 step approach, others don't but there is no judgment either way. If it looks like you are fooling yourself people will call you on it, not out of meanness or any kind of superiority, but because they know the traps through their own experience. Defining your life consciously as you live it is a very powerful feeling though not without terrifying moments. Congratulations on choosing that way to live.<3

Hello everyone

I'm Oxy_Ghost or OG for short, I'm 23yrs old. I live in the good ole south/east coast(America). I have a fiancé I've been with for almost 7yrs and a 5yr old daughter, the loves of my life. I found bluelight when I was using to further my opiate "education". Now I'm detoxing(oxycodone and H), 5 days clean! I found the recovery forums when I first started my detox. I'm glad I did. It's helped tremendously. I've found this forum to be very helpful and I'm always gonna be here. It's been great support and that's something I can't/don't wanna lose.

Hi OG:)

Great to see your posts in this corner of Bluelight, you sound very positive about your detox and is great to see that and I'm sure you've got lots to contribute.
I'm sure these are tough times and I hope you find some of the support you need here, have you checked out the Sober-Living section, I guess I could check if you have but it's early here and I've not had my second coffee yet;)

All my best wishes to you and yours

Last edited:
Greetings everyone, it seems I'll finally introduce myself. Name's Papaverium, or call me what you will for short :3
I am 21, and from the middle of frozen ol' Canada. :p

Known about and have been lurking this site for a while now, figured I would create an account finally.
Lots of good info from people with real experience on here, I like it. It has helped in my journeys thus far, as I do plan to eventually quit using.
Though lately I've been, with lack of a better word, "struggling" not to dig the hole deeper as it has been..
Perhaps support on this site will help, in terms of actually talking, communicating, and not just reading what others have to say....

Nice to finally say "hi" to you all. :)