Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Gabapentin 6 grams or 6000 mgs

downfallin

Bluelighter
So I have a prescription for the drug gabapentin. I normally take around 600-900 mgs a day so I have a little bit of a tolerance. I decided to experiment and took 20 of my 300mg pills and washed them down with some OJ.

I immediately went to Walmart to pick up some stuff for dinner that day and drove off to the store. I noticed that by the time I got to the store my shoulders had relaxed a bit and I was feeling content but nothing hugely noticeable. I was walking around and ran into a friend who was working there that I used to see at NA meetings when I used to be into that. He told me that he has slipped and was on suboxone now, and that started up a little conversation and I told him I was clean now (off of opiates is clean to me) and I was doing good. He was impressed and said he would help me to get a job if I applied. So I said yes to this offer and proceeded to go to their little computer setup by the bathrooms and start the process.

I started feeling like I was drunk and benzoed out and the feeling kept on escalating until I was done with the whole questionnaire. I stood up after I was done and noticed an almost psychedelic state had come over me. Objects were moving a bit and I was in that content but dissociated headspace, not too intense, sort of like marijuana after a couple bowls. I wandered around the store trying to get my shopping done hoping I wouldn`t run into my friend because I was obviously fucked up now. I hurried and got my groceries and ran out to my truck.

I noticed myself being very cautious while driving with a constant internal diolouge like "okay now put it in first, ease on the clutch, make sure you stop slowly before this car ect" like I was just learning again. I was extremely grateful when I pulled up into my driveway as I was not expecting to be driving fucked up, I thought I would be in and out before it hit.

I went to my room and put on some MGMT as I was in an unexpected trippy mindset and wanted to zone out. I closed my eyes and got slight slight visuals almost more like a really vivid daydream. I didn`t actually see anything but I could picture everything very vividly. I saw random objects sort of floating on a weird background like a surrealist painting or something. Weird.

After about an hour or two, the psychedelic state wore off a bit and I felt like I had more energy and now it became closer to molly! I felt very happy and euphoric and wanted to DO something. I got on my computer and installed the game civilization 5 (a strategy game) that I had just bout with an expansion pack. I proceeded to play it into the wee hours of the morning not stopping until I looked up at the clock and saw that it was 5am! I turned off my computer and went to bed.

I awoke feeling light and happy. I didn`t take any the next day as I felt I still had enough in my system, but by the day after the withdrawal symptoms had set in, (YES there are withdrawals from this drug, nasty ones) so I went back to my normal 600mgs and felt fine after about a half an hour.

I have taken different recreational amounts of this drug many times and the effects have always been slightly different. At lower doses they are like a light opiate or benzo with added stimulation and drive; though I personally get added stimulation from opiates anyway, like my friends will nod out and I`ll go tweak out cleaning the kitchen. At medium doses (to me thats about 2-3 grams), I get a more wobbly drunk feeling and more euphoria sort of like Molly without the edge. At higher doses like this one I have gotten psychedelic effects on many different levels, the most intense one being at 3 grams with no tolerance and it was like nodding out on an opiate and tripping on a low dose of mushrooms. True CEVs, the body feeling just without the annoying thought loops that I get into with mushies.

So I really don`t know how I would classify this drug; it has stimulant, depressant, and psychedelic properties but it is definitely a drug worth doing IMO. I would warn anyone who wants to do it though, it IS habit forming. I get a nasty WD when I stop taking it and tolerance goes up QUICK. I would treat it with the same respect as an opiate and use it in moderation as to not get hooked. I wish I would have gotten that advice when I first got on it. But as a recreational drug, it is supposedly near impossible to OD, but I would recommend about 900 mgs to start if you have no tolerance; then work up from there. To everyone out there be safe and have fun! And remember addiction is NOT fun so keep it in moderation! :)

Absorption of gabapentin is ratelimited, as active transport is required for uptake in the GI tract, so this was a bit wasteful. I'd recommend dosing something like 300 mg / 20 min until you get where you want to be.

ebola

Hm... I take 3600 mg of neurontin daily (RX for bipolar) and have yet to discern any recreational "side effects". Lucky you. (Kind of irresponsible driving while intoxicated, tho.)

Hm... I take 3600 mg of neurontin daily (RX for bipolar) and have yet to discern any recreational "side effects". Lucky you. (Kind of irresponsible driving while intoxicated, tho.)
Ya, its crazy how differently this drug affects people. I know alot of folks that day it has no recreational value whatsoever but I swear it does the trick. One area im not so lucky in though is that I get pretty bad wds from it whereas some report no problem when stopping this drug. And im an ex heroin user so I know quite well what being high and withdrawing is and this drug does both though in a different way. And you're right about the driving, im not period of that I should have found another means of getting home.

What is this medication used for? Epilepsy? Why are you dosing with it?
is it not more therapeutic than recreational?

Well it's for anxiety. I first got put on it to help with my Heroin withdrawls at a rehab I was at and they were prescribing it to everyone. It seemed to help my mood and cravings and so I just stayed on it. At my normal dosage its just therapeutic but I now take it mostly to avoid how I feel when I dont take it. Which is shit.

Lucky you! I love the feel of both opiates, and benzos, and have never been able to get that effect with neurontin.

Has anybody else been able to get these same effects? If so, what doses did you have to take?

This may be of interest

"Pharmaceutical giant Pfizer has been ordered to pay $142 million US in damages for fraudulently marketing gabapentin, an anti-seizure drug marketed under the name Neurontin'

Lucky you! I love the feel of both opiates, and benzos, and have never been able to get that effect with neurontin.

Has anybody else been able to get these same effects? If so, what doses did you have to take?

Yeah at another treatment place I was at I was the only one with em and I would barter with them before I was addicted, and people would get faded and beg me for them.
Ive had people trade me xanax norcos and cash for em and most of them loved it. One of the dudes said he felt nothing but he was the only one. Gabapentins cousin lyrica or pregabalin is now listed as a schelduled drug and I saw a commercial warning about lyrica abuse, so gabasyrgenic drugs are just starting to be seen as potential drugs of abuse by the medical community. Also if you look on erowid theres multiple reports like mine with effects ranging from opiate like to speedy to comfortably psycadellic.
For someone with no tolerance id say around 2 grams should get you on a cool one, but gabbys have a diminishing return and if you take too much u start getting less out of each. But it still fucks you up.

I see this an old thread, but oh well. Has anyone ever experienced complete memory loss while under the influence of Gabapentin? I have a script for 300mg; this being said, my friend decided to take 15 pills (4,500mg) and did not remember a THING.Didn't even remember consuming the pills. It made him very disoriented and he kept falling over randomly as well. Me being a witness to that experience has prevented me from trying it recreationally myself, although a couple of pills seem to work as a booster for harder things...

What is this mystical state only some gabapentin users can achieve, and why does it seem to inspire a ceaseless devotion to obsessively researching it to try and find out how to make it work like that all the time? I've used gabapentin somewhat extensively, for heroin withdrawals and PAWs, and whilst it took the edge way off the heroin withdrawal, most of the time all it did was make me sleepy.

^I was put on Gabapentin at first to prevent me from having seizures after I was forced off of Xanax, then my doctor decided to keep me on it to take me off of Klonopin. Seeing it as mainly a preventive medication, I'm not sure how some people achieve these effects...

Yeah...on the other hand, Lyrica can give the trippy effects OP is talking about. I take gabapentin 800mg 3x/day, no trippy effects, but keeps me from having anxiety and panic attacks. I'm very grateful for that, as I believe that is the entire reason I abused meds (oxy, morphine) and IV heroin.

I have heard people say if a enough gaba is taken, that Lyrica feeling you're describing can happen. It does. Once...I had some neurotin put away-unfortunately, I'm not sure how many I took-a guess- is about 15 400mg gabapentin. About 3hrs later, I got that feeling. BUT you will go through your Rx in a few days. You have to keep taking more to feel that way. Not worth it to me. Get an Rx for Lyrica, don't take it everyday...as tolerance builds quickly.

Word of warning....Lyrica withdrawal is horrible I have been thru heroin, morphine, OxyContin, Xanax, barbiturate withdrawal...and for me, Lyrica felt like withdrawing from all of them combined, with an unbearable anxiety level that nothing helps but more lyrica, and then tapering off. If you're fortunate enough to be able to do it that way. Be safe and for the love of all that's holy, don't drive when high on that shit.