• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

(Opi Withdrawal) what is the best comfort meds for opiate w/d?

I am starting a dtox off H using -Buprenorphine I have some 'Suboxone' (containing the blocker Nalaxone/Naltraxone) and some original 'Subutex' (no Nalaxone/Naltrexone) just Bupe. From what I've read above bout Loperamide, it could be good for the initial 16hrs or so,.................................................................................................................... After the last 'fix' of H wait bout 7/8hrs for me, then when start to feel WD, take Lope every 4 hours, (not exceeding 40mls in 24hr period) or as needed until it is safe to take the first Sub (8ml) 16hrs minimum from last 'fix'. Then sub every 24hrs and benzos, and Mirtazapine is excellent for sleep.
Should the Lope/ Suboxone/ be okay together.?

Does anyone have any experience with ropinirole?

I used it once when I was struggling getting over the lingering RLS of buprenorphine withdrawal and it seemed to work pretty well (at least as well as gabapentin would normally alone). I rarely hear anyone else mention that they know anything about it, which always struck me as odd given that it seemed to work pretty well for me and is the only medication I'm aware of that is specifically designed just to treat RLS.

I wonder if one of the reasons it seems like it's rarely prescribed is some common undesirable side effect or something, but my suspicion is simply that doctors are rarely aware of effective comfort meds when it comes to what is appropriate to prescribe to treat opioid withdrawal.

Wondering if any of you have any experience with it, particularly if you had any mentionable side effects.

Hi guys, I'm new to the site and I just wrote The above post before reading the rules. I didn't realize we weren't supposed to say SWIM, so I'm editing and reposting my story. I'm sorry, and I don't mean to make 2 almost identical posts right next to each other. I just want to get this out there because I almost died from it just over a month ago. Please feel free to delete my first post, but I'm begging you to leave this one up. It may save a life!

Hi guys. I am new to this site and wanted to share a story to, hopefully, prevent anyone from hurting themselves. Loperamide/Immodium can be dangerous, no bullshit! People may think I'm trolling or whatever, but I'm only here to inform. I discovered lope a few years ago, and found it helpful to get rid of wd's, but also found that enough of it could make me feel fairly good if not taken too frequently. Eventually, i went on Sub's for my love of opiates and didn't have to mess with it anymore. I'd been off subs for about a year, and got squirly about 1.5-2 months ago. I messed around with lope again for about 2 weeks or so, starting off with about 100mgs (with no tolerance), and went up from there. Like anything else, i had the mentality that if a little feels good, a lot will feel excellent. So, one night, i bought a bottle of 200 with the intention of taking 100 pills twice over the course of the next week or so. However, with my addict mentality, i ended up downing them all (yes, i realized how dumb it was at the time, but was in that "fuck it. Watever is going to happen is going to happen," place. Add this to extreme depression, and you've got a volatile combination. Now, there are those people out there who will say that it doesn't cross the BBB, and doesn't do anything but cure diarrhea, but they've obviously never tried it at a high enough dose (don't knock it until you've tried it) because by the end of the night, i was slurring my words very noticeably and having trouble keeping my eyes open. I'd been here before with real dope, so he thought nothing of it and went to sleep. When i woke up, i thought i was still dreaming,
because i didn't know where i was and was confused as hell. Turns out i was in the back of an ambulance heading to the er. When i asked what was going on, the paramedics told me I'd od'd. Impossible i said, because i hadn't taken anything. Took a few minutes to realize that it must have been the lope, because they told me it had taken 2 shots of naloxone to bring me back. Fortunately, my girlfriend had found me when she did, be cause the high dose had triggered a full blown NSTEMI heart attack. All the narcotics tests had come back negative, since they don't test for lope, so at least i didn't have to explain another drug related hospitalization to my family. I spent another 4 days in the hospital under observation, because they couldn't figure out what had caused the heart attack in the first place. They ended up deciding that it was triggered by a seizure since I'm also epileptic. I am home now and back to 100%. Fortunately, my gf had found me right after it had happened and there was no brain damage (i had stopped breathing almost entirely for a little while). So, the main point of this post is to warn everyone that otc does not mean safe. My story will be posted in any other lope related threads, not to double post the same story but to warn people. I realize that this was a downright idiotic move on my part, but as i said, depression+ addiction + not giving a damn = recipe for disaster. Therefore, i would like to skip all the criticism, because i knew it was dangerous but just didn't care. So, the moral of this story is BE CAREFUL with this stuff. just because it isn't regulated by the DEA doesn't mean it's not dangerous. I would almost recommend sticking to real dope that you are familiar with and know the right amount to take (this is not 100% safe by any means, but obviously, it's not necessarily 100% more dangerous either). If you are going to take the plunge, start small and give yourself a few days in between each use. Lope had a pretty long half - life (19 hours), so you may end up taking more than intended if taken too close together. I'M NOT A TROLL MAKING SHIT UP AND TRYING TO START AN ARGUMENT. JUST SOMEONE TRYING TO POSSIBLY SAVE LIVES! Also, please don't take this post down for appearing in more than 1 thread. I want to reach as many people as possible and tell my story to warn them. So, to drug lovers everywhere, stay up and STAY SAFE!

Does anyone have any experience with ropinirole?

I used it once when I was struggling getting over the lingering RLS of buprenorphine withdrawal and it seemed to work pretty well (at least as well as gabapentin would normally alone). I rarely hear anyone else mention that they know anything about it, which always struck me as odd given that it seemed to work pretty well for me and is the only medication I'm aware of that is specifically designed just to treat RLS.

I wonder if one of the reasons it seems like it's rarely prescribed is some common undesirable side effect or something, but my suspicion is simply that doctors are rarely aware of effective comfort meds when it comes to what is appropriate to prescribe to treat opioid withdrawal.

Wondering if any of you have any experience with it, particularly if you had any mentionable side effects.

I took it for a couple of months for WD induced RLS and it completely took away my RLS. It works on the dopamine levels in the brain, I believe. It's mostly prescribed to Parkinson's patients. I never had a bad reaction to it but apparently it makes you want to gamble!

Guess what helps with withdrawal? NOTHING fellas. Do the crime do the time. Dont wanna be sick don't use. Im sick too much im an addict I have short memory span but nothing but immodium ever helped. Calcium supplements will help the bone ache cause calcium is rushing back into your bones from opioids robbing them. Also passionflower helped restlessness a bit but just a bit not even worth the money. Bare it and come out refreshed and ready to kick...or not, lol

Guess what helps with withdrawal? NOTHING fellas. Do the crime do the time. Dont wanna be sick don't use. Im sick too much im an addict I have short memory span but nothing but immodium ever helped. Calcium supplements will help the bone ache cause calcium is rushing back into your bones from opioids robbing them. Also passionflower helped restlessness a bit but just a bit not even worth the money. Bare it and come out refreshed and ready to kick...or not, lol

Gotta disagree with you there. I've found several things that helped, I'm on far less opiods than I ever was, it's been hell but certain things help. Tried the immodium @ 24-28-ish mg, gabaprentin, I am a benzo addict as well but I'm on less of that. Tapering may not be for everyone but it can work for those of us that really do want sober living in spite of our addiction and pain.

You say nothing helps, but then you list a few things that help? :? Anyway, comfort meds can really make withdrawal a little more bearable. You're still going to suffer, but every little bit helps.