• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

(Opi Withdrawal) what is the best comfort meds for opiate w/d?

"If I take imodium in high doses is it just going to postpone the acute phase my withdrawal like suboxone?" yes

Jenn....Take mild to moderate doses after you start actually having w/d's . Never sick is right...at high doses, you ARE prolonging....use it just enough to take the edge off...if you only have five days you'll want to go ahead and get the opies out of your system.

if you can find some flexeril...that will help with RLS and the jerks....you may need it to sleep AFTER detox.
Lyrica and neurontin are useful for the buzzy, jumpy feelings you may get.

Do it GIRL!!!

Thank you all!! I do have neurontin and klonopin ( rx by my PMD) I planned on using immodium but for diarrhea. I have zofran for nausea and a lil torado for pain. I have a cpl ambien and benedryl for sleep. What wkd be a mild/mod dose for a day or two.In ur opinion! Thanks so much...my husband isn't so supportive ( seemingly) but my mom and dad are! I thought about see my dr about wellbutrin...for sadness and help with smoking cessation. I get so super dizzy...worried bout that the most! I'm gonna do it! I'm nervous but excited ti start this journey! ! Xo thanksalot..JENNG

loperamide and kratom are really good. although they will extend the withdrawal a little bit and you will have a mini withdrawal when you stop the lope/kratom, but still very worth it. been clean for 12 days now and im feeling a lot better although not quite there yet. cut loperamide 48 hours ago so now only smoking weed and cigs. long half life opiates linger around so long.

"If I take imodium in high doses is it just going to postpone the acute phase my withdrawal like suboxone?" yes

It seems to me that Lope is a drug that you would take to hold you over until you can get more dope.
As far as using it to detox off opiates, it's the same as continuing to take opiates, from a detox perspective, right?

That is my opinion, but it seems that people are able to tapper this drug easier than other opiates as it provides very little "high"

IMO/IME gabapentin, clonidine, hydroxyzine. And occasionally some OTC ibuprofen.

You will still go through the wds because none of these are opiate related meds. But i doubt you wouldn't be able to handle it.
It actually feels kinda good to feel ok and go through wds at the same time, in your head you're like "haha wds, you don't bother me!" lol.
That is because with these the pain and anxiety is GREATLY reduced (almost to none).
Look up some info on these meds, maybe even add a muscle relaxer to the mix if you can, id recommend baclofen.

Good luck! %)

Last edited:
i just spent all day at the er to get into detox. they took some blood and gave me some liquids and gave me zofran and told me to come back tomorrow to new day which i guess is their detox program… zofran is awesome btw for the vommiting have not puked or felt naususe since i was puking at the er. and i think the loperimide does work a little bit. always use it when detoxing. better than nothing. good luck to all. stay strong.

The way I got off the H last time was nothing short of a miracle. I began tapering down my consumption getting down to 2 bags or so a day. Then I got a few subs for the first couple days. Basically Friday was the last time I used, 8mg sub spaced out 4 mg in the morning and 4 at night on Sat. Sun cut that in half. Mon did the same as Sun. 2mg of sub in the morning and 2 mg at night. Started to feel bad Tues afternoon so I went and got the 48x2mg bottle of Loperamide. Did 16mg Lope Tues afternoon then 12mg more at night. At first it didn't do much but by the time I had the second dose in me I was starting to feel much better. Over the next couple days I took 8mg more Lope whenever I felt the need. By Fri of the next week I was free and clear with basically no real sickness. I slept every night of the whole process, ate well and the only time I felt off was Tues between buying the Lope and taking the 2nd dose. Mind you this is after a ten year relationship with dope. Every time I tried CT it was hell on Earth. Good luck I hope this helps someone!

Omg I was vomiting NON-STOP I'm talking 3xa hour on my last wd session from methadone and H. Zofran DID reduce it to 1-2 x a hour. So yes it does help. The loperamide OTC drug everyone is talking about helps TONS of people, but it didn't help me at all- I guess I wasn't taking as much as I needed. Will def. try it next time. AND EVERYONE-NEVER EVER EVER EVEN THINK ABOUT GOING TO ULTRA RAPID DETOX. If you have a SMALL habit it might work, but I think as a general consensus the ppl on here have habits atleast similar to mine [shooting multiple bundles daily , with 0 days off]. This was the WORST DESICION I EVER MADE. I got out and I seriously couldn't even use the bathroom by myself. I couldn't even walk- I took maybe 5-10 steps a day. This went on for week+. I ended up having to stay in the hospital for 4 days.

That is my opinion, but it seems that people are able to tapper this drug easier than other opiates as it provides very little "high"

You are such a wonderful person BTW, thanks for being so helpful

Last edited by a moderator:
about 54 hours into withdrawl from fairly heavy h habit and lopramide,flexeril, pantoprazole and the odd tylenol 1 here and there with tons of weed have gotten me this far and not feeling nearly as bad as i should.

Gabapentin is my newest found comfort med! Literally takes away all symptoms and you can sleep and eat!!!!

Don't forget MUSIC!!
It's healthy, and certainly aides with depression. Withdrawal or not.

If all you can do is curl up in bed, at least have your favourite music on, it helps... <3

~Ms.P

Hi!
I just joined the group, solely to share my experiences.
So basically, I've been on about 8mg of Suboxone for the past 4 years, in July. Over the past year, I have NOT taken it every day and would binge on it, and then split the remainder up into 2 or 3 mg pieces to get me through until my next script. I could usually only afford a week or ten days worth at a time.
So - last month, I had enough cash to buy a month's (28 days) worth at a time. BAD idea! I ended up running out COMPLETELY with a week to go. I was terrified.
So, somewhere online, I read about loperaminde in high doses. I tried it. It has worked AMAZINGLY well!
Not only NO WD's (so far, knock on wood) after 5 days into it, but I've felt a slight opiate buzz and nod most of the time!
Like - I'm 100% for real. I was a HUGE skeptic. But I have to share this because that fear that was alwys there of running out is gone now. SUCH a weight has been lifted.
As far as dosage goes - on the day of my last suboxone dose, I took 25 loperamide or 50mg. The following day, I took 20. Each day since, I've taken 15 or 20. I'm currently on Day 5. I guess I DID yawn a little the first day. That's IT.
I hear this may not work for all. I'm sorry if that's true. But it's DEFINITELY worth a shot.
This didn't just "help" me - it took the WD's totally away. And I feel good, mentally and physically.
Any ?'s let me know and I'll do my best to answer.
God bless and best of luck getting and staying free someday.

everyone always overlooks baclofen......its extremely easy to obtain and 80-120 mgs will make a total 24 hours almost 100% wd free....no need to taper or cut dose....once you believe the hard part should have run its coarse stop takin them......and youll catch a nod that u cant fight over 120 mgs wont even know u fell asleep

I just posted this in other drugs earlier today..but I see a lot of people using lopramide with no quinine. Tonic water lets it cross the blood brain barrier. No need for such large dosages..

Valerian Root

Generic DXM/Cold/Congestion

Generic Lopramide

Generic Tylenol PM

Tonic.Water

That's all you need. Very very cheap. No RLS, no insomnia, no diahrea, voila. Can be used many many times too. Could kick whatever you need to kick handfuls of times with the same stack.

: )

^ I drink tonic water all the time mixed with blueberry juice lol (i love it, helps keep me from drinking alcohol of which im trying to stop, 2 years off opiates and a week off beer!). i didn't know that can help lope cross the BBB. Good to know. Not that im planning on needing it.
Thanks for that bit of knowledge!

It seems to me that Lope is a drug that you would take to hold you over until you can get more dope.
As far as using it to detox off opiates, it's the same as continuing to take opiates, from a detox perspective, right?

It's true that loperamide produces its own withdrawal. It's better than full opiates but it's not a magic bullet. Also high-dose loperamide is really bad for you. There are a few cases of it causing really serious, permanent side effects such as twitching. I used it most days for almost a year as I yo-yoed with opiates... I eventually stopped even though it meant doing opiates more often because the side effects I read about scared me, bad. And I believe that helping it cross the BBB would only increase the likelihood of developing those side effects.

It's really good to take the edge off though on an occasional basis.

Also: In the NPD forum, they are discussing using harmala alkaloids for opiate withdrawal (reversible MAOIs found in syrian rue, B caapi, etc). I tried it once the other night, it seemed to help a bit, but others have given more input, one guy is claiming it's very effective.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/718694-Harmala-alkaloids-and-opiate-withdrawal