• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Does Xanax really make you that sleepy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

erniestavros

Greenlighter
So i heard that if you take Xanax, it makes you really sleepy almost to the point where you feel like passing out. Is this true? I never took it before.

Now that's funny, you'll be waking up looking at the sky before you knew what hit you. Use sparingly. lol

Xanax is a sedative and in most people it makes sleep come easier. But, like alcohol it can make you quite roudy & stupid. It can be pretty unpredictable as to how an individual will react in terms of dose experience etc. If you take it with the intention of falling asleep it works good. If you're trying to get fucked up you will usually do and say stupid things that you won't remember in the morning. Xanax....

No not for me. I take zanax to get fucked up. My boy though hell take a bar wantin to get high an in 30 min hell be passed out on the floor. What a waste haha.

THAT sleepy? What dose are we talking about?

If you've never taken it before, 2 mg will probably be more than enough to feel that brick to your head.
0.5 is a safe dose and probably won't make you sleepy even if you don't have much experience...

If you're asking because you're worried about it going to waste, then yes, it will just be a waste.

Absolutely..it has no recreational value to me because there is nothing fun about being so sleepy I can't function and then, well...just falling asleep. Absolutely no euphoria whatsoever, just so tired I can't keep my eyes open and feel like I am trying to move my whole body through mud. Also keep in mind, benzo withdrawals are the closest thing to experiencing hell on earth according to most people who have been there. If it doesn't kill you (and it most definitely can and does sometimes) it may make you wish you were dead.

Xanax/benzos was about the last drug I got around to really using, and for me it causes major problems! I've had blackouts that have lasted for 4+ hours where I was driving around doing shit, and then I've come out of it all at once standing somewhere with no idea how I ended up there...One time it was like I woke up with an Ice coffee in my hand and had no idea how I got there or what led up to it...It can do a lot more to you than it seems like it's doing at the time, stick to the under 2mg range, and even then don't mix it with even a few drinks or anything else!

I don't get sleepy but I do forget what the hell happened. Sometimes I lose days when I take xanax, say if I take it on monday, on wednesday I can only remember what happened on sunday and the days prior. Ambien was the same way.

I prefer valium..

(I havent taken any of them in a long time though)

If you never took xanax or any benzo for that matter, I would advise caution. A dose of .5mg should suffice to see how you react. If it's your first time, don't take it on an empty stomach. And yes, it does make you sleepy, it's a CNS depressant ( Gaba^a modulator), it just depends to what degree and that is dependent on the dosage. So start low and work your way up to a pleasant experience...hopefully one you will remember the next day...week...month :p

Its different for everyone, but generally it will make a person sleepy. Of course the higher the dose the more likely to be sleepy or completely pass out.

Be warned, if you are benzo naive there is a fine line between just being sleepy / passing out and suddenly waking up not knowing what the hell happened the previous night.

Erniestavros, please start slow. (As I say to people I'm teaching to cook, you can always add more but you can't then add less.)

If you're new to Xanax, .5 mg to 1 mg will make you QUITE relaxed, and you might fall asleep if tired, horizontal, etc. Don't drive, don't drink; even now--benzo-tolerant--I try not to drive while under the influence.

Don't mean to go all-out-mommy on you... Xanax is one of God's gifts to humanity, IMHO. Yet it is possible to enjoy the many splendors of alprazolam without getting totally f'ed up. Aim for that!

Xanax is IMO one of the worst benzos. It's great for sleep, but can give you a hangover. I was never able to get "fucked" up from it. Regardless I refuse to discontinue the script for fear I'll need them when that time comes and my scripts are taken from me once my current DR. passes me on to his successor.

Kpins are my goto "fucked up" benzo.

See, it's a big world out there, and all of us have different body chemistry... I've had only good experiences with Valium and Xanax, yet I HATED Klonopin. Hated it! Thought I was losing my mind! ;-)

Alright, I think the answer is pretty unanimous. Yes, xanax makes you very tired.

I'm going to close this since it's been answered and most everyone agrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.