• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

how long until my HPPD goes away

things like what you described basically happen to me every morning (not as a result of drugs) and I'm still totally fine. As long as you don't let your HPPD or whatever it is become bothersome to you, it won't be. I've never seen any bats though
HPPD is bothersome and caused by drug use. If it is not bothersome or not caused by drug use, then it is not HPPD.

hm. for most people that will slowly go away, but may pop up slightly rarely.
also depends on your age now, age when you first tried psychedelics, and brain shyt

I've only done LSD twice, and both times my experiences were in the top ten best moments of my life (sadly), tbh. I really dont mind my HPPD since I like the visuals :)

I took 25i (probably) rounghly twice a week from Early Nov til the end of April and ended up with a mild case of HPPD til about early June, with lingering effects til about the end of July. It was mostly fun of me. It was like a free high every time I did weed, shrooms, h, and meth, with no bad trips. The point is, it goes away eventually, whether you want to or not.*

Obviously if you have a natural predisposition to schizophrenia or something like that, I suppose you get end up getting "stuck".

Op,

HPPD is best confronted as a natural perception rather than a disturbance. Over time, it should decrease in intensity. Tripping less frequently lowers permatrips.

The best treatment for HPPD is benzodizapines. The condition is not well understood.

All things have consequences. Tripping is a choice to open a pandoras box of perceptions.

Generally, HPPD gets better over the long term if you stop worrying about it.
Flashbacks are more of a stress-recall thing, like PTSD, where your mind will revisit stressful memories. It's more common in people who've had really traumatic trips and don't integrate them well.

Yea, it's best to view changes as an opening of imagination rather than a disturbance. This will lower anxiety, which will take your mind off of it.

Interesting. I did a little research and flashbacks are actually more rare than HPPD. The first time I had issues with flashbacks or whatever, TWICE, i had a completely full blown trip, with a come down and everything, when I took prescription drugs and then smoked weed not too long after, during the ensuing months after the bad trip I had.

I had a REALLY bad trip though. I also would have tracers and an acid feeling in my head at times when I was trying to sleep, when I was driving (idk focusing on the road makes it come on), and when I was especially smoking weed.

I ended up in the psychatric ward for 50 days because of the bad trip, and then when I got out, I smoked weed not too long after again, and the feelings were mostly gone from that point on.

Since then I've done two 10 strips without any flashback like feelings ensueing. But then I did another 10 strip or 15 tabs a couple months after that and I've been getting this feeling. But they weren't bad trips at all. I didn't even smoke on these recent 10-15 tabs. Shit is weird.

It's a risk I was willing to take though. I used to enjoy my flashbacks but now I'd rather not have them, but I guess it's not the worst thing in the world. Thanks for your post.

And please don't tell me "YOU SPENT 50 DAYS IN THE PSYCHIATRIC WARD AND YOU'RE STILL DOING PSYCHADELICS" because it was a really unfortunate situation, it really wasn't my fault that I had a bad trip. Now I trip alone, because there's some people you can't trust. Some people ruin lives for fun (well some kids do at least).

Like most people have echoed you run the chance of permananelty opening up visual centers and imagination filters in the brain. Look at them as free trips.

You can't use that much acid and not expect opening up new perspectives.

My HPPD was brief but scary.
Mostly happened when i would be up for long periods of time, i'd go right back into an acid trip without dropping any acid.
At the time i wasn't using any other drugs besides weekly LSD so idk if cannabis would have triggered these episodes or not

Like most people have echoed you run the chance of permananelty opening up visual centers and imagination filters in the brain. Look at them as free trips.

You can't use that much acid and not expect opening up new perspectives.
I wouldn't underestimate things the eyeball can do to change perception.

Any females out there ever suffered from this??im in the uk and have had it for20 years

hey i need some advice aswell. (hope you guys still answer)

1 week ago i took 1/4 of ecstasy and 3 hours later 1/4 again. I didnt feel too much about but i did feel it a bit. (pill was not tested)

And i have done some weed a couple a times but thats it.

Now the next morning after taking the ecstasy i was scared i did some brain damage too myself and searched the internet. Then i stumbled across hppd and was looking if i got any of the symptoms.

- I do have the visual snow 24/7 since i read about it.

- Lights do have a little glare to it and have starshapes (not much just a little)

- Lights also give afterimages for 1 or 2 seconds (i guess thats normal)

Now im scared i have hppd. Maybe im overthinking... I have OCD and am always anxious about shit ton of stuff. What do you guys think?

By the way it doesnt effect my daily life. Well kind of because im so scared i fucked up but i can do everything.

I had HPPD for about 3 years after taking shrooms at least once a week for a few months (I was also smoking weed everyday). I had a bad trip the last time so I haven't done them since. I started getting the HPPD long before the bad trip but I think it was the bad trip that made me really notice it because I then saw the symptoms as a scary thing rather than an enjoyable thing.

Eventually I learn't to stop worrying about it and the symptoms slowly wore off. I can still see morphing if I really focus on a spot on the wall or a patch of grass but I have to try to see it now rather than it happening out of my control.

1 week ago i took 1/4 of ecstasy and 3 hours later 1/4 again. I didnt feel too much about but i did feel it a bit. (pill was not tested)

The bad thing about mystery pills is they could contain anything. Once or twice over the years I've taken a pill expecting ecstasy and ended up hallucinating. Nothing very vivid or unpleasant but who knows what substance I had put in my body.

If you want to stay safe test your pills first!

Now im scared i have hppd. Maybe im overthinking... I have OCD and am always anxious about shit ton of stuff. What do you guys think?

My anxiety makes me feel like I'm going crazy sometimes especially on a come down or bad hangover (not a pleasant state of mind to be in 8(). Over the years I've realised it's just the Anxiety making me overthink and there's actually nothing to worry about.

The visual affects you mentioned are much more noticeable if you're worried about it and often looking out for them. Like you said you get visual snow since you read about it.

By the way it doesnt effect my daily life. Well kind of because im so scared i fucked up but i can do everything.

Just remember it's your OCD and anxiety making you paranoid and feeling that way, realising that myself helped me stop freaking out so much %).

If the visual affects you get aren't affecting your daily life try to stop thinking of them as something bad and rather something interesting that's just there and you'll start to feel better. If your anxiety gets too unbearable tell your doctor, they'll usually give you something like benzos to take when things get bad. They work like a charm! =D

hey i need some advice aswell. (hope you guys still answer)

And i have done some weed a couple a times but thats it.

Now the next morning after taking the ecstasy i was scared i did some brain damage too myself and searched the internet. Then i stumbled across hppd and was looking if i got any of the symptoms.

- I do have the visual snow 24/7 since i read about it.

- Lights do have a little glare to it and have starshapes (not much just a little)

- Lights also give afterimages for 1 or 2 seconds (i guess thats normal)

Dont worry, sounds like you have what is referred to Medical Student's Syndrome, where you feel as if you are manifesting the symptoms that are being studied. This is probably worsened by your OCD. Try to remember that psychedelic drugs and MDMA are very unlikely to cause lasting psychological problems, especially in a single use. You will be fine. Maybe get out side in nature, do something to get your mind off the worry