• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Trauma and depression from bad trip?

Soounds like you got 25i-nombe or something similar , instead of what you thought was 2c-b.....

this would explain why you tripped so hard.... from what you described even the nature of the trip screams of an nobme compound...

truthfully , you guys all had a bad trip, and now you are going to have a "hair trigger" emotional panic reaction for awhile.... that feeling in your chest is your bodies way of protecting you from danger.... your mind/body is trying to ensure you do not take anymore drugs.... think about it, ask yourself , "do i wanna get high?" -- I bet the answer is no, because you are still so shaken up... I had a salvia trip that was so intense it left me feeling really strange and unsettled and frightened of all drugs for about six months until i worked it out. For me other psychedelics actually helped me integrate my other bad trips... i'm going to suggest that one day many months or years from now, you should try having a mushroom or ayahuasca trip and it will probably help you overcome this bad experience.

give yourself time, and be gentle to yourself

^Uh? Those experiences you linked aren't representative of most experiences. Actually if you follow the last link you posted and access Erowids other Ayahuasca experience reports you should notice the majority of people considered the Ayahuasca experiences they had neutral or positive.

I am confident the number glowing experiences, mystical experiences, and experiences involving health benefits could increase further if most experiences involved safe professional settings and the guidance of knowledgeable professionals. Legalization could reduce risks and maximize benefits of psychedelic use.

For those who have experienced, it is HELL ...and it's real !
And the best tip-off we can give to someone who had a very bad experience with psychedelics, is to stay away from them !!

My first trip was on fucking spice lol, mr. nice and legal it was called. Smoked three bowls with 2 friends out of a bubbler and we all had no tolerance. If you know anything about spice you know thats way too much. I think drug dealers should have 3 main responsibilities. Tell you what you're actually getting, tell you how much you need to take, and any health hazards relating to the chemical. Obviously smoke shops selling spice do none of these.. but anyway, I was expecting to be stoned just like weed, oh little me, and had the most intense trip of my entire life. Even dmt hasn't matched the level of messed up I was on this mystery shit. It gave me incredibly bad hppd and probably didn't help my anxiety issues either. I still have almost like minor flashbacks i guess, and my dreams are often some how related to my trip in ways that i cant understand as I basically blacked the fuck out due to intensity. The only way I can tell my dreams relate, is I can almost feel that feeling i got when tripping, this over whelming feeling of fake, man madeness, idek, its hard to explain the feeling it gave me. The feels. Its like trying to describe that alien feeling dmt gives you without using the world alien lol. Any way, it messed me up pretty bad, it happened like 4 years ago in a month from now, and i still have adverse side effects from it.

Last edited:
For those who have experienced, it is HELL ...
And the best tip-off we can give to someone who had a very bad experience with psychedelics, is to stay away from them !!
Idk, I see your point, but my first trip, which was out of body, was on some mystery chemical in spice. I still face adverse side effects from this experience, but doing psychedelics in the right setting and dosage have actually been great forms of therapy for me. Of course this will vary based on person, and their bad experience, and why they had that bad experience. If someone isn't able minded, or maybe just super sensitive ( an old homie would take two hits of this shit everyone else would take and he would lose his mind while everyone else would just be tripping really good) then you probably shouldn't do psychedelics. (or at least take great great consideration in setting and dosage)

just my two cents...i consumed a third of a lethal dose of liquid lsd. it went south, pretty fast. the event itself lasted four months. i thought i would be like that forever. one day i woke and was startled to find myself 'sober'. that lasted an hour, then back to it. this went on for months more. my sober episodes became longer and more frequent. due to flashbacks i could not drive, and was living in a highly populated city, so there was no private moment to be had.it took about 3 years for it to go back to what i call normal. to the OP, i understand not being comfortable speaking about it, especially to people that look at you like you have lobsters coming out of your ears. point is, what did help was writing. i ended up writing a 55000 word book. it helped me more than all other factors put together. maybe when your room isn dark, you could come here and further describe your experience. small bits at a time if needed. there will be more hard trippers here than available to council you at the doctors office. i relate to your story, and obviously from above, others do too. maybe if you could write it all out you would find some level of relief. you can be your own therapist. communicating with others that have similar experiences is priceless. it will take time, but i feel confident assuring you it will get easier.

Hi everyone, I keep forgetting about this thread and have so much going on whenever I do remember I can't find the time or motivation to get on here. Thanks everyone for your replies. Things have seemed to go up and down hill really, have had some extreme low periods where I felt like I didn't want to live any more but have also, mostly recently, had some very good times. I decided to take half a tab of acid one day and it went really well, I'm slowly managing to overcome my fear of tripping which seems to have really helped in making me feel back to the way I used to. I also recently started cognitive behavioral therapy which is helping too, I was really lucky in finding a very suitable therapist who has dealt with a slightly similar case. He doesn't have a magic wand but the therapy is great at making me more aware of my thinking and behavioral patterns.

I've decided I am going to write what I can remember of that night up in as much detail as possible, maybe just post it on this thread or something as it would be too incomplete for a full trip report.

Sorry I haven't entirely read all the replies on here I just had a spare 5 minutes and felt like giving an update :)

I want to say thank you for all of the openness and honesty from all you lovely people and putting yourself out there because it has really helped me! I went searching for others who have had a bad trip to help me realize the delusions I struggle with from a bad trip in 2012 and a possibly worse trip in June of 2016 a few months ago. It ended in my husband being so fucked up he stabbed himself in the neck three times and ended up in the icu on life support. He lived and we are stronger now but this alone waa a terrible trip but moments before I had just snapped out of a terrible dark other dimensional experience and I have moments where I wonder if I died and I am in the next part of afterlife. The flash backs are what hit me hard sometimes because I don't think I've processed it but its not even of this reality so its hard to process.. its not linear.. But anyway I feel confident in knowing im not the only one and it makes me feel better knowing that and it helps to be able to see how seriously intense drugs can get and that my thoughts of fear are delusions based on my mind being warped by a chemical compound. And possible ptsd which I have been thinking about seeing a therapist for. Thanks for listening I know this post is old but feels nice to get it out.

Hello everyone! Seems like I'm dealing with the same case. 9 months ago I had a frightening experience on NBOMe, which drawn me into severe depression, depersonalization and a state of constant fear. I had nightmares and flashbacks always associated with the bad trip, and my whole condition could be described as a never ending bad trip. Things have changed a lot since that time, now I'm not that much depressed and suicidal, and DP keeps going away. I've been through prescription drug therapy and it help me to feel much stabilized. But the thing is that I still feel this fear, I can be afraid of literally everything. And the things I used to love previously, like music, art, movies now make me upset for the reason I don't feel the same way I was before. I'm sure I have PTSD, but it only scares me more, because as I know it's very difficult in treatment.

Anyway, I would like to know how anyone from this thread is feeling now? If anyone wants to talk about his condition, feel free to pm me

Much love to you all

^Something similar has happened to me in the past. It was about three years ago from a way too high 25B/C/I-NBOME trip (not sure which one). A friend handed me a ten strip and I was used to eating 5-10 hits of lsd at once. took about 7 of these blotters and although they were numbing to my mouth i trusted my friend enough to ingest them. Along with alcohol, low dose of methamphetamine, 5-10mg 5-meo-mipt, really really bad trip that the shock of it was such i was only able to block it out with drugs like alcohol for a long while. Just keep immersing yourself back into "reality" (whatever that may be for you) slowly but surely, the more comfortable you are the better, but also stimulate yourself in terms of exercise (this is very important and will help you reconnect with reality). Depersonalization / derealization can be so shitty, however whats even shittier is getting to a place where you prefer being in that state because it is a safety bubble of sorts.

People get ptsd from stuff like, car accidents, ppl dieing in front of them, major body or head trauma... remember this is just a trip gone astray, whats meant to be on those blotters is not what we ingested, in terms of LSD can cause the same type of derealization but its safe and benign physically, not to mention theres sort of a limit to how far out it can take you with a tolerance (i.e: it wont kill you). Part of my traumatic experience with the NBOME's was that I literally felt like I was dieing and knew it was possible and my mind spiralled out of control. With something like LSD or 4-ho-dmt, with which i had had hundreds of trips prior, its simply not possible, and that part of the trip would simply be a small roadbump followed by euphoria of ever expanding realizations. Not so with NBOME's, it was moreso just crazy visuals and then a sense of impending doom.

Hello everyone! Seems like I'm dealing with the same case. 9 months ago I had a frightening experience on NBOMe, which drawn me into severe depression, depersonalization and a state of constant fear. I had nightmares and flashbacks always associated with the bad trip, and my whole condition could be described as a never ending bad trip. Things have changed a lot since that time, now I'm not that much depressed and suicidal, and DP keeps going away. I've been through prescription drug therapy and it help me to feel much stabilized. But the thing is that I still feel this fear, I can be afraid of literally everything. And the things I used to love previously, like music, art, movies now make me upset for the reason I don't feel the same way I was before. I'm sure I have PTSD, but it only scares me more, because as I know it's very difficult in treatment.

Anyway, I would like to know how anyone from this thread is feeling now? If anyone wants to talk about his condition, feel free to pm me

Much love to you all

Hey girl a very similar situation happened to me back this past September at a music festival I was at, thought o was getting pure acid ended up taking two hits and smoked a joint because my hip started really hurting and I thought it would help me not even thinking how it would completely kick it into overdrive. Was literally the most there experience I've ever had, if you've seen 21 jump street the acid scene where all that weird stuff is on the tv screen that's like random shit I was seeing and it looked like I'm my head that it was going on for infinity, and I've tripped multiple times on acid and I knew when it was all happening I could tell I did not get real acid including so lucky that I'm okay and nothing happened to me physically.... anywyas I've had awful ptsd ever since, music and loud bass is a really bad trigger for me. For sure have been dealing with depersonalization and derealization for a few months now and it sucks. I know a lot of people have and are dealing with this stuff from bad psychedelic experiences but when it's you you feel so alone in it. My mind constantly rushes and weird shit goes through my head that didn't before which is slot of just anxiety and my mind messing with me but yeah it's really hard to deal with. I've been seeing a therapist that does EMDR which is a really really effective therapy specially for ptsd. I would look into a therpaist if you are comfortable with that. I haven't gotten into he emdr yet becauee I'm not emotionally ready for it but even just seeing a therpaist and talking about it with a professional helps a lot. Not that fiends or family don't but seeing someone who is giving you their full attention and truly does want you to get better is comforting. Anyways, how have you been doing? Maybe try getting on medication I haven't been wanting to for awhile because anything that makes me feel too relaxed freaks me out a lot but I used to take setraline for anxiety and depression a few yrs ago and it worked wonders on me so I'm going to a phsychtrist appt next week to see if I can get back on that or if I need to be on anything else. Obviously time and natural healing is the best but if there's something that can help decrease the symptoms and help you function on a daily basis maybe getting into that can help. Anyways if anyone has read down this far lol, I'm going through this shit too. It fucking sucks I used to love shows and edm and now it's really hard for me to enjoy any of it because it stresses me out and makes me sad:/ but we will all get through this and this won't be any of your forevers. I've really been trying to constantly remind myself that so many people are going through this more than we know and no one is alone in this, if anyone wants to message me feel free because it really helps I find to talk to others about he experiences and just being honest about it all❤️

A lot of people might have a problem with this, but if you can get a hold of some benzos, they might help you get to sleep and stop the panic attacks, atleast temporarily. CBT is also a great idea, it works wonders for a lot of people with depression/anxiety issues.