• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin question about snorting heroin

master chief

Greenlighter
Hello everyone. I have tried snorting heroin twice and have had a weird reaction both times. The first time I tried it I snorted a very small line and immediately my heart started racing and my breathing was very slow and laboured that would last about a minute and then I layed down and I could kind of see images in my mind but I never really felt high.
I have been high before on Percocet and I figured it would be similar but I didn't feel high at all.

The second time was just recently I snorted a smaller amount than the first time but same thing with the heart racing and slow breathing, except I felt nothing as far as being high.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any help would be appreciated. Normally I would try a little more to see if I would feel it but the whole breathing and heart racing has me worried.

Well I have noticed at times it is possible for anxiety to override a high. Is there a chance you are getting nervous about using the heroin, thinking about the possibility of an overdose? Normally when someone's breathing is noticeably depressed from heroin (or any opiate) they are on the nod or unconscious. What is the most oxycodone you have done at one time? You say percocet, but I know a lot of people call the blue 30 mg oxy's 'percs' even though percs are really a small amount of oxy mixed with much more APAP.

There are so many variables here, though, we can only theorize. My first guess is like I mentioned above. To be honest, we don't know your tolerance, the quality of the heroin (if it is even heroin...), and what your idea of a "small line" happens to be.

I also so should add if all you have done before is pop a few percocets, then don't go right to heroin. Like I said, you history of opiate use it is vague at best so I don't know what you can handle. I mean if the heroin is all you can get then its not as reprehensible, but if you can get percocet and they still do the trick than why use the heroin?

Well I have noticed at times it is possible for anxiety to override a high. Is there a chance you are getting nervous about using the heroin, thinking about the possibility of an overdose? Normally when someone's breathing is noticeably depressed from heroin (or any opiate) they are on the nod or unconscious. What is the most oxycodone you have done at one time? You say percocet, but I know a lot of people call the blue 30 mg oxy's 'percs' even though percs are really a small amount of oxy mixed with much more APAP.

There are so many variables here, though, we can only theorize. My first guess is like I mentioned above. To be honest, we don't know your tolerance, the quality of the heroin (if it is even heroin...), and what your idea of a "small line" happens to be.

I also so should add if all you have done before is pop a few percocets, then don't go right to heroin. Like I said, you history of opiate use it is vague at best so I don't know what you can handle. I mean if the heroin is all you can get then its not as reprehensible, but if you can get percocet and they still do the trick than why use the heroin?

Well, I have used percs and vicoden on several occasions and I have also snorted roxicodone before and was nodding with no issues. As far as tolerance goes I would say I have zero to little to opiates. I may do some once every two months
If it means anything I got a nod when snorting the roxy but never really felt that Percocet or vicoden high I was expecting.
As far as dose the first time maybe 1mg and the second time .05 mg the bump was about a quarter of a snuff canister spoon full if your familiar with those. I think it may be anxiety related, if it is is there another ROI that would work better other than needles because thats not gonna happen.

could be the product. you could have put very little actual heroin in your body and the reaction could have been from an unknown cut. shot in the dark.

could be the product. you could have put very little actual heroin in your body and the reaction could have been from an unknown cut. shot in the dark.

I don't think it's the quality. The first time a friend of mine iv'd the same stuff with no issues. This stuff I have now is from a reputable person and there are several people that have commented that it is good. I think it may be an anxiety about ODing. I did a good bit research before trying it so I am informed about the dangers of it. I really just wanted the Percocet type buzz I just figured it would be a lot stronger and euphoric. It also may be that I am not doing enough to feel the real effects of it just enough to make me paranoid about ODing on it. I was wondering if trying to smoke it may be a better option but it is powder so not sure if it would even smoke well. I do not have a steady connect for pills so that is the reasoning behind this. When I can get them it is so far over priced I figured this would be more bang for my buck so to speak.

This may be a good excuse to stop using opiates bro. The anxiety you have is actually a good thing. You don't wanna die. Save yourself a lot of pain and trouble and just quit. The only route I see you heading towards is becoming a full blown addict.

It could very well be an allergy, like was mentioned. If the lines you are taking are indeed that small then its really unlikely a OD issue. Many people are allergic to morphine and not to oxy- and hydrocodone. Though it doesn't sound like an allergy, it could be a reaction to some of it getting in your lungs.

The only other option to snorting and IV with powder, that is not very wasteful, is plugging (rectal ROA). That is regarded as similar to snorting. You can straight up swallow heroin and get maybe 1/5 of the effect of snorting. And honestly I get more anxiety swallowing drugs than snorting because there is all the time waiting for it to kick in and it kicks in slower so it takes a little while to know if its peaked or not.

Anxiety is tough because it can feel like there is almost certainly something really wrong, but always play it safe and trust how your body is reacting. Don't just assume its anxiety, I am no way suggesting that. Buuuuut....judging by your extra research on the issue it sounds very feasible. I do the same thing when trying a new drug, I research it to all hell and sometimes I don't even do it I am too worried. Even taking all the precautions I am a bit concerned until I am comfortable with the substance and have a good feel for what I am going to feel, how long the come up is, etc.. All the while other people would pop it or snort it in 3-4x the excess and not even blink over the possible negative outcomes, being their first time using it, too.

Oh and I would also like to echo what the Dude says above me, mainly because you are hanging out with IV heroin users. Yeah sure you are trying it, and that is a bad sign as it is, but the company you keep might be more indicative of whether you end up an addict or a person who just tries it and is happy at that, or unhappy as in your experience. I won't straight up tell you who to choose for your friends, but its a lot harder to avoid using when its right in front of you, you are watching others enjoy it, and hits are being offered for free (oh and BTW its more common before you are hooked).

Last edited:
^That is basically the main point to get here. If it is all mental then you obviously don't need to be and have no reason to be using heroin. Honestly there are many, many people who would take the high from oxycodone over that of heroin, I myself included. But like so many I switched for money reasons. You shouldn't be in that situation and you don't want to be.

If that's the case, he should be thankful.

I was just thinking that. Hah. You're better off not getting the real thing because at least now you still have a chance. Start actually doing the real thing and you risk your entire future.

Not worth it, man.

I was just thinking that. Hah. You're better off not getting the real thing because at least now you still have a chance. Start actually doing the real thing and you risk your entire future.

Not worth it, man.

I appreciate everyones concern but I am 100% positive this is heroin because I have friends that have tried it and have confirmed it is good stuff. So I believe it is either one of two things. 1) An allergic reaction to the cut or heroin itself or 2) Anxiety about using too much and OD ing on it. Regardless I think I'm just gonna flush it. I hate wasting good drugs but it seems this is not worth the trouble. Thanks for everyones responses.

You are overshooting your tolerance.

If you are familiar with small doses of less potent opiates, jumping ship straight into heroin is not as easy as it sounds...

You are most likely doing too much.

Regardless I think I'm just gonna flush it. I hate wasting good drugs but it seems this is not worth the trouble. Thanks for everyones responses.

Best decision you could ever make in your life. Do yourself the ultimate favor and don't seek it out again.