You Can Be Alive Through ANY music era

Bob Loblaw

Bluelight Crew
So what time period and where would you pick?

I choose the NYC area circa 2000. Screamo was really getting into full-swing then & I can only imagine how incredible it would have been to see a show packed full of fans of Saetia, Jerome's Dream, Reversal of Man, etc. That genre was never going to get popular or well-known, yet people put forth forth so much time, money, energy & effort to fight for what they believed in.

I edited the title so this thread would pertain to music and not just picking some random time period you would have liked to experience

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol bob I will top your post.

I say Id want to be around in the early 2000s with the explosion of the Nu metal sound. Linking park, pop a roach, tantric, limp bisquit, korn, slip knot, etc. Oh man what a time to be alive!!

OMG nu-metal/industrial

LOL

Ughhhhhhhh!!!

Whatever floats your boat, eh =D?

My second choice is the late 1970s touring with the Dead.

Mid 80's arena rock.

Big sounds, pyrotechnics, screaching guitar solos, denim, tits, big hair, hard drugs, booze and make up.

Seriously.

My real choice would be hands down the early to late 60s dylan/band era followed closely by the outlaw country movement of the 70s followed closely by the Allman brothers duane era.

I wish I would've been in my twenties, living in Seattle during the late eighties/early nineties. I would've loved to experience the music scene first-hand, not retroactively through youtube.

I would like to be 14 years old in 1984 in seattle so I can discover the violent femmes, pixies, sonic youth, nirvana, soundgarden, the melvins, and all my favorite indie-rock and grunge bands during my adolescence and young adulthood.

(recruitment) You Can Be Alive Through ANY Time Period

Go home Loblaw, youre drunk.

I pick 1930s-1950s Finland (my current location) because like 50% of the population was on Heroin and/or Cocaine.

Post-WW2 Hungary. 1-2 years after, maximum. The worst, heart-breaking part of our history, but I'd want to go there and EXPERIENCE the whole event, a nation brought down by tears --- or make a change in history forever.

Also, Woodstock. Fucking hippies, man.

Go home Loblaw, youre drunk.

I pick 1930s-1950s Finland (my current location) because like 50% of the population was on Heroin and/or Cocaine.

B-but what does that have to do with music, friend?

Seems I was drunk when I made that post and didnt notice the subforum. Feel free to UA.

Early 80s Finland to witness the rise of Hanoi Rocks %)

^ I don't think you were the only one drank
It seems a certain op could have been a bit inebriated as well

Expect my people to call your people regarding slander. (Or would it be libel?)

I'd also like to be alive during Joy Division, when new wave/post-punk/whatever was on the TV & radio.

Bob Loblaw said:
OMG nu-metal/industrial

LOL

It's not at all okay that you aggregated these. You know what else wasn't okay? Being a teen during the late nineties, when nu-metal reigned. :p

ebola

Yeah..crazy 80s coke days ...or hippie 60s. Or dude dubstep and shit now is decent.. And im only 24. Yeahhh

Last edited:
60's early 70's Filmore East NYC rockin an rolling, every weekend somebody was jammin, what a carnival.