You Can Be Alive Through ANY music era

...Sorz...off track.

IF I could be alive in any era to listen to music, it would be this one. With the opportunity to sample music from any era but not have to deal with the harassment; the unbelievable policies and restrictions that those endured politically, socially, financially etc..just so we got to click a button to make our ears reverberate and our hearts sing - because they lived what we can only imagine - and sung it through their souls - the trite things that are humdrum for us and just a soundtrack to our day of bad traffic, or lack of free, web connection was a song from their prison; from the society that imprisoned them.

I dont mean to prostheylize ( I am..but) but to recognise good nourishment ( soul music - i.e. all good music) in a world that brings you CNN, the weather for today and a load of shit that you can do nothing about but rant on the internet ( to offer your free statistical contribution to the marketing conglomerates, that don't pay you for your time or, energy)8):p

The JH message<3

( lost but he had no choice then :/)

Now. IS the place. Fuck nostalgia - the ghosts of others that victims carry on their banner of 'poor me' (counterfeit)- fuck that. IF you're inspired - show it, respect it - stop yearning for something that is a shadow of what you are; can be. Nonsense. The utmost disrespect to those you honour is to use their struggle as a reason to let yourself decay into oblivion. Bollocks.

Last edited:
Lived thru it. It would have just been a different location. Early 2000s Trance.

I'd definitely pick the cliche of being present for the 1960s. But I've always wanted to be a Deadhead and would have followed them in the 80s or 90s too. I'd also like to have been there for the early 90s rave scene house/techno.

90's to the early 2000's, nirvana, audioslave, rage against the machine, the list goes on and on and on.

Totally.

Matchbox Twenty, 3 Doors Down, DMB, Shaggy, Smashing Pumpkins, Alanis Morissette, Pearl Jam, RHCP, Green Day, Lenny Kravitz..

Last edited:
i was alive through mine. me and a bunch of other punks graduated after being told 'get a degree and everything will be fine' into the biggest recession of our lives. we got angry, drank and lot, and played a lot of music. UK 2008 recession era punk. we all needed it. i could literally listen to nothing but current UK punk- that's the dream cos i hate listening to artists that i won't see live.

a lot of amazing bands came over from the states, melodic hardcore underwent a glorious rebirth.

to reiterate....

our town down here were one of the best melodic hardcore bands i've seen full stop. and those shows. the UK scene isn't like that anymore. but i've been in rooms with 20 people but they all fucking love the bands and know every word. a better example video would be andrew jackson jihad singing rejoice in the first ever northern UK show but its disappeared off youtube, i'd go to that gig every night for the rest of my life.

or this....

awful video, but ace song. and wait till the end got the audience 'where the hell do you get off saying you support bands only see you at the big shows, in a way its ok never mind it tough guy nothing here nothing for you'- that is a fucking show

^Man I totally forgot about AJJ until I stumbled across your post. Sorry for straying off the topic but Rejoice is a good funkin tune

Thanks for jogging my memory!! On a side note, Lady killer is now perpetually stuck in my head.

I kind of like music too much to get choked up about the past.

I'm super happy to have heard/seen the Circle Jerks, 808 State, and Nine Inch Nails ( live! ) at really small venues that do not exist anymore.

:)

Last edited: