• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS How MDMA Ruined My Life (my story)

hazmatz

Bluelighter
I am not writing this memoir to shed a bad light on MDMA; as a matter of fact, I believe that, when used responsibly, MDMA can bring out the best in most people. I just feel the need to write my personal account of my use of this drug to let others know that it is not something to be used foolishly.

Feburary 2012. It was the first time I had ever rolled. To be specific, it was at a rave on the weekend of my birthday. It was kind of an impulsive decision - at the time I was by no means an experienced drug user. As a matter of fact, I had only smoked pot a few times before then. The opportunity had just shown itself to my friends and I and we decided we had nothing to lose, we were all pretty depressed kids.

As you would expect, it was the best time of my life. It taught me how to be less of an egotistical narcissist and instead showed me the beauty of the world around us and how to be empathetic, something I was incapable of feeling at the time. E had changed my life in that one night. Every single day for months after that night, I was committed to becoming the best person I could become. I became very nice, tried harder to get myself to become more social, and most importantly became more forgiving of myself and others.

Of course, I looked forward to my next roll. It's all I could really think about. It really occupied all of the space in my mind - I just really wanted to get out and roll again. But I knew it was stupid not to space out my rolls...so I made a pact with my friends. We vowed to never roll more than once every other month. And we kept our promise for a long time. The next time I rolled was August of that year, 6 months later. It was the best roll I had ever had.

We kept rolling every few months and noticed no side effects at all. We made a ton of friends and became more social people in general. My life was really starting to have purpose. My previous depression seemed to just fade away. I was no longer a helpless kid. MDMA taught me everything I needed to know about blooming as a person.

We would experiment with other drugs in the mean time as we waited in anticipation for our next rolls...we'd touch upon RC's and synthetic stuff but only a few times. We weren't big on that. Our DOC would always be molly.

Up until June of this year. I decided to take three mints in one night at a rave. It messed me up, I was not the same for a few weeks afterwards. I felt very anxious all the time, my thought process was very foggy and distorted. And to make things worse, I went to a music festival with some other friends (not the ones I had made the pact with) All I could think about is how excited I was to roll. It was a 4 day campout festival and I made the irresponsible decision of rolling every single one of those days. I'd say I dropped over a gram in the course of those 4 days. So in the month of June, I had rolled about six times. All with pretty strong doses. (250mg's)

I came back from that festival a changed man; in some good ways, but mostly bad. It's been two months since then. I am an still emotional wreck. I have emotional breakdowns every few weeks. I am extremely stressed and always anxious. I lost all of my social skills. Worst of all, my short term memory is completely shot. I am what some people would call 'e-tarded'. What used to be my favorite hobbies are now tasks that I am incapable of completing...I can no longer play musical instruments because I am unable to remember the notes I just played a few minutes ago. I make really stupid mistakes at works sometimes and I am just very absent minded in general.

I suffer from cognitive distortion. I don't know what to make of the things around me. People confuse me, everyone has strange hidden agendas. I am not a misanthropist because I do not believe that all humans are out to cause destruction to the world, but I have a hard time understanding people and their beliefs. I've developed a compulsive attitude towards things. I am so lazy. I ignore the people that are most important to me. And this all happened to me in the course of one month. The thought of suicide has passed my mind a few times...nothing serious but it's unusual for me.

I never used to be like this. In 2011 I was a straight edge kid (albeit a somewhat pessimistic one) that was out to conquer the world. I was very ambitious, even if I felt an unexplainable disdain towards most people. I was a bit anti-social but at least I had my priorities straight. Back then my girlfriend meant the world to me. I wish I still felt that way. I'd do anything to erase the month of June from my life.

I've rolled one time since then. Pure MDMA. It made me feel sick and made my chest feel very tight. The magic is long gone for me.

I fucked up. Even though I promised myself I wouldn't. Moral of the story is - MDMA is addictive. Not physically, but psychologically, and I think most people could agree with that. I was just like everyone else; "I'm too smart to get addicted." I feel hopeless. I write this post with such pain in my heart and tears swelling up in my eyes. I regret being such an idiot...MDMA is a beautiful substance but I ruined it.

I am on my path to recovery, however. It will be a long one. I'm very thankful that my girlfriend has been with me through all this time to help & support me. I am trying to start eating healthier and getting more to sleep. I am going to avoid all drugs [althought this is going to be difficult, all of my friends are drug users that will tempt me with things] and everything that isn't natural. I will do this without seeing a GP. It is all in my head, and the only way to cure this is by living life one day at a time. I have many things to fix. I have put my family through so much pain. My little sister used to look up to me, and even though we are still close, I'm sure she just sees me as a burnout druggie now. My mom is disappointed with who I've become. My big brother thinks I'm a hopeless punk with no future. My grandma died in 2003 and if there is an afterlife and she can see me now, I fear that she is sickened and no longer loves me. I hope I can change that...

Any input or feedback/advice about my story is greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Last edited:
Hi Hazmats thank you for sharing your story.

I am also in a middle of a longterm comedown due to mdma use. The bad part to is that we did not test the product and the mdma might have been laced/concocted with other stuff in it. I have a symptom which is never leaving me alone but with time and abstinence should correct itself over time.

I was a real mess on the first to the 3rd month: panic attacks, suicidal etc. There are days where I didn't want to go out of my room and just wished my life just ended so I didn't have to feel the suffering anymore. on month 4, I have decided that however hard the fight is, I will keep fighting whatever this is and even if it tries to put me down, i am going to stand back up and be stronger. I still have one last symptom that I want to get rid off and as for now, I just need to adapt to it and accept it what has happened and learn from my mistakes.

I have decided that I will never touch mdma again or any other drugs. The comedown IMO, is a warning sign that my brain is already sensitive to stimulants and needs proper care from now on. You are not alone in this, we will fight this together. :)

Thanks for the response, Maya. :)

It's relieving to hear that things are getting better for you. It gives me hope for the future. I have the feeling that among the many times I've rolled, a good percentage of those had been cut with something. But I should've mentioned that most of the time, my MDMA was very pure yet it still had this big of an effect on me.

Do you mind if I ask what long term symptoms you are still feeling?

Thanks for the response, Maya. :)

It's relieving to hear that things are getting better for you. It gives me hope for the future. I have the feeling that among the many times I've rolled, a good percentage of those had been cut with something. But I should've mentioned that most of the time, my MDMA was very pure yet it still had this big of an effect on me.

Do you mind if I ask what long term symptoms you are still feeling?

I feel a weird head pressure followed by movements in my head where I feel like I'm on a rocking boat or floating. Sometimes it gets really bad that I have to stop my work or whatever I am doing but i try to distract myself so that i don't notice it as much.

Did you test all your pills? 90 percent of "molly" i have tested at festivals has been bath salts and RCs. Get a test kit! But otherwise you will be ok again eventually. I abused the hell out of molly and lsd when i was 17-20. It made me suicidally depressed for a couple years. I ended up gwtting into heroin because i didnt care about dying and heroin made me feel normal again. But i am now 24 off dope and happier than i have ever been in my life! You will be ok i promise!!!

Thanks Crimson.

Yeah, i know it was stupid of me to not test everything i got...i guess i am just too nieve sometimes.

Thanks Crimson.

Yeah, i know it was stupid of me to not test everything i got...i guess i am just too nieve sometimes.

Don't worry, I didn't test the pills/powder as well. You shouldn't be too hard on yourself because not everyone knows about Bluelight and has all the resources. If only we knew about Bluelight earlier right? :) The dealer whoever you bought the pills from should also be accountable and should not have sold those pills.

Gradually everything will return to normal for you, as long as you give yourself time to recover. Regardless of what it is you may or may not have taken, time is a great healer and the chances are you'll feel better as it passes.

Don't reinforce negative thoughts about permanent damage, and don't obsess about it.....that sort of thought process will give you anxiety which you may wrongly be attributing to something you have taken.

All the best.

tldr, but I did catch that its only been 2 months since this so I pretty much promise you that if you are capable of writing that well then you are going to be ok. I know lots of people that have done too much E and it fucked them over for a good while and then they bounced back. Ive been seriously fucked up from bad drug combos in my youth. Od'd on stimulants a few times. One time I od'd on Ritalin and magic mushrooms. Scariest experience of my life. Hands down. And Ive been fucking stabbed really badly before. But im fine now. Its been like 6-7 years. Time goes on. YOur brain is an amazing thing. It takes lots of time to repair though. Have faith in your body.

tldr, but I did catch that its only been 2 months since this so I pretty much promise you that if you are capable of writing that well then you are going to be ok. I know lots of people that have done too much E and it fucked them over for a good while and then they bounced back. Ive been seriously fucked up from bad drug combos in my youth. Od'd on stimulants a few times. One time I od'd on Ritalin and magic mushrooms. Scariest experience of my life. Hands down. And Ive been fucking stabbed really badly before. But im fine now. Its been like 6-7 years. Time goes on. YOur brain is an amazing thing. It takes lots of time to repair though. Have faith in your body.

That's true! I am pretty much doing way much better from many months back where I was suicidal but with enough time and exercise and eating as healthy has helped me a ton. I am slowly learning to adapt to it and it's not so bad after a while.

Sorry to hear about your situation, I myself have been down that road of thinking that the substance is the be-all and end-all to my social issues, when in-fact as you stated at the end of your thread, it's all in your head. Serotonin is produced by the food you ingest, which goes on in your stomach as we all know. What a lot of us don't know is that if you cant physically stomach a situation, you're going to have cognitive dysfunction relative to this. Serotonin itself doesn't directly influence your happiness or sadness for that matter, your soul is there to deal with that. You shouldn't have went through almost a gram of MDMA in under a week, for one didn't you notice that the diminished effects were a sign that you should slow down? You were getting increased levels of Norepinephrine over those four days and after that first roll you obviously weren't getting that euphoric feeling that acompanies MDxx substances. I cannot speak directly for you but I just explained the exact reason why you've not been feeling yourself. Extreme lack of serotonin due to abuse of a compound known for causing severe depression once all the good-feels are gone, and spiked unbalanced NE/Dopamine. A strict regiment of healthy eating, stick to protein heavy foods to aide in receptor repair along with 5-HTP if you can get it, vitamins and minerals are a must to keep your body at an even keel.
In regards to the thoughts that your family is looking down on you: they probably dont at all. You have just been thrown into your first drug induced dysphoric episode, though this is probably due to the fact that it was the reason you ended up becoming that better person, now that you have put a negative spin on your situation you ended up back at square one with the social anxiety issues. Take my advice with a pinch of salt, and try not to work yourself up.

Haz you and me went through the exact same thing at the exact same time :(

I now find myself as if I've taken a step back from everything and now I'm watching life happen before me, like a ghost character on a television show that watches everything but doesn't have an effect on anything.

Even typing this now it's like I'm not even watching things through my own eyes anymore. Do you feel the same? I feel stupid as anything the days I don't take my cocktail of multivitamins. almost finished a holiday interstate that lasted 5 days and I've caught up with friends and I've just been completely e-tarded talking to these girls losing my train of thought here there and everywhere.

If you need a recovery buddy to chat with send me a pm for sure <3

Molly ruined my life id like to share my story and maybe receive emotional support

I feel a weird head pressure followed by movements in my head where I feel like I'm on a rocking boat or floating. Sometimes it gets really bad that I have to stop my work or whatever I am doing but i try to distract myself so that i don't notice it as much.

Hi Maya, how do you feel now - 2 years later? Has the sensation of the rocky boat left at all?

I have been dealing with the same feeling 2 months after my first MDMA experience. I feel a vertigo-like sensation in my head all the time. I too have to stop work sometimes as well, I had to leave work today actually because I couldn't deal with it. I'm having a really hard time... It is incredibly debilitating and even though I don't know if it was caused by the drugs or not (had friends who did it with me, all of them are completely fine) I am just curious about you're case as this is the closest thing I have found to my own. Thank you, I'd truly appreciate a response.

I've had head pressure for 6 months so far. I got this a month after taking MDMA. For the first few months, I could not do anything because it was so severe, I called in sick for my work because I couldn't stand around that the head pressure was too severe, and during the night the head pressure kept me from able to fall asleep. I thought I had everything from sinus infection to a brain cancer. I've been to doctors and done tests including a CT scan, but nothing was found and no medications helped at all with my condition. In addition to the head pressure I also have HPPD and my life is in hell because of these conditions.

Have you tried any kind of "conscious breathing"/meditation? I have used conscious breathing (thinking about nothing but the sensations of breath going in , breath going out) to go through some pretty horrendous pain (everything from childbirth to kidney stones to burns). It provides temporary relief by simply refocusing your mind from the anxiety associated with pain to more long term benefits like decreasing stress and anxiety in general. You don't need any fancy training--just breathe slowly and normally (no need to hyperventilate;)) and keep bringing your mind back to the breath itself. It can really help to count the duration of each breath in and each breath out if you are having trouble staying focused.

Hi, i too am experiencing something similar to what i believe you and Maya have been. I took MDMA for the first time this past July and all of a sudden a couple days later experienced head pressure and odd head sensations. I was wondering how you're feeling and if you could explain your symptoms a little more as it has been close to three months that I have been experiencing odd symptoms and sensations throughout my body that have been incredibly debilitating as well. Thanks

Hi Maya, how do you feel now - 2 years later? Has the sensation of the rocky boat left at all?

I have been dealing with the same feeling 2 months after my first MDMA experience. I feel a vertigo-like sensation in my head all the time. I too have to stop work sometimes as well, I had to leave work today actually because I couldn't deal with it. I'm having a really hard time... It is incredibly debilitating and even though I don't know if it was caused by the drugs or not (had friends who did it with me, all of them are completely fine) I am just curious about you're case as this is the closest thing I have found to my own. Thank you, I'd truly appreciate a response.

Hi, i too am experiencing something similar to what i believe you and Maya have been. I took MDMA for the first time this past July and all of a sudden a couple days later experienced head pressure and odd head sensations. I was wondering how you're feeling and if you could explain your symptoms a little more as it has been close to three months that I have been experiencing odd symptoms and sensations throughout my body that have been incredibly debilitating as well. Thanks

Unfortunately this is a very old thread so some of the posters are no longer on BL. I think that the best advice is to stay away from substances, eat a very healthy diet and get plenty of good sleep and exercise. This may sound simplistic but it is far from it. Practice changes that can reduce anxiety. When you feel that you have damaged yourself it is possible to notice odd symptoms that may or may not be related and that creates more anxiety becoming a loop in your thinking. Try to break the loop by concentrating on instilling healthful habits and watching the benefits of that in your life.

ive been dealing with it since 2010, my doctors are telling me they dont see anything but I have vertigo and nausea on and off...my life is hell