• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Henry 1/8 Episode 4: A New Dope

Yeah, I've heard a few people say that mate. The last time I tried it though I was curled up in bed preying for it to end... it really was that bad lol. But there must be something to it as I've heard so many people say the exact same thing as you. You really think it could help me therapeutically?

It's hard to say mate. I personally think weed is the best 'snake oil' ever invented. But there are so many strains available which makes it difficult to find the one that works for you. Hopefully, as the UK moves toward decriminalisation/legalisation, we will have the opportunity to experiment with different strains to find which ones work for us. Like I said, as I get older, the therapeutic value of cannabis becomes ever stronger.

Edit: Perceived effects are highly dose dependent. I don't understand how the kids these days smoke neat blunts - 3 tokes on that shit has me curled up on the bed. If you already smoke tobacco, then all you need is a small amount mixed with your baccy.

Last edited:
I feel fucking old, I remember when the choices were Skunk or Skunk.

You feel old? I remember when the choices were blonde leb, red leb or paki black...

(and I wish I still had that choice now)

Edit: Inso, you're right about that Sunset Sherbet - fuckin lush hash type stone...

Last edited:
White OG has me knocked for six, I cant function on this strain and the other strain I have is stardawg. I think I need a nice piece of hash for day time smoking

Smoking some nice Afghan weed at the moment. Looks nasty but smokes really nice. Makes you sleepy.
I'm sad that the supply of exotic charas and stuff seems to have dried up in the last two years.

Am 35 smoked weed nearly every day since 16. Not smoked in a month and 4 days now. Have never felt so good in my whole life! So happy it's changed everything! Crazy isn't it! Will never touch again I like this me! Always used as a crutch I guess. YMMV but wow eyes open awake and embracing real life :) toke on chavvis's but for me I'm done with the jazz salad
Brilliant, congratulations! Weed addiction (edit: maybe it's more an habit than an addiction...) can be quite hard to overcome %)

Last edited:
I've got a 8th of gorilla glue ordered in for tonight aswell as an 8th of Sherbert Gelato, Who the fuck names there weed Sherbert gelato ??

You feel old? I remember when the choices were blonde leb, red leb or paki black...

(and I wish I still had that choice now)

Edit: Inso, you're right about that Sunset Sherbet - fuckin lush hash type stone...

I got a bit of Capn Crunch. Not the cereal (although that sounds good right now), it's a strain.

Rather peng. Bruv.

Or Gorilla Glue for that matter?!

I might get laughed at for my next statement, but...
I only heard today that skunk weed got it's name because it smells like an actual skunk.

I think this refers to the particular strain that is skunk (as in not the generic name skunk that people use to call all sorts of potent grass). I thought the name skunk was used just because the weed smelled had a general strong and funky aroma.

Is this true? I know I could just Google but w/e

Yes.

The term for nice weed was has changed over the years. In 2008 it was skunk, then few years later cheese, now it's amnesia. Funny how these things develop.

Yeah spot on

I simply view it as a marketing strategy
How many times do you see a dailymail headline with a statement ''Skunk turned my 14 year old son into a paranoid rapist murderer '' or ''2 tons of highly addictive Skunk found at dover with a street value of 35 million pounds or enough skunk to roll everyone in the UK a foot long joint'' - when in reality there was probably 20 to 30 different strains in that consignment worth about ?500,000.00

Even my nan could tell you what skunk is, but if you showed her a bag of it I doubt she'd have a clue what it was

- Update Sherbert gelato is absolutely banging

Some weed emits a real pleasant, aromatic fragrance that even a non-smoker could find favourable, other strains impose this pungent spiciness that I can't imagine being so well received by anybody who wouldn't immediately associate the odor with getting high.

In Australia, 'skunk' can refer to any weed with that smell. I thought the UK actually got an abundance of the proper Afghani X (Colombian X Mexican) skunk #1 hybrid, but maybe it's not much different? Just a buzz word for modern weed with a somewhat foul, though paradoxically agreeable essence.

We don't really have names for our weed here. You ask what strain you're buying, the merchant just makes some shit up, maybe even throws in a backstory about a mythical grow-op under the sea.. Most of the time, it's better to just not ask.

Some people still grow classical varieties, probably not far off from the Thai & Indian stuff that got floated over in the 70s, but the vast majority is domestically grown now, much of it modern Dutch indoor strains. Occasionally some stuff from Papua New Guinea apparently.

Hash is rare here, unless home-made. It's a bit shit seeing every other place move forward without us, smoking amnesia this and sherbet that - it's like there's a renaissance going on, only I wasn't fucking invited.

Vaped some bought home grown stuff, really sticky and proper smelly. Lovely stuff when it's like that.

more or less when i stopped when 'skunk' was ubiquitous , too strong no histerical giggling and munchies mostly paranoia. last time i was in my home town -glastonbury i got some lovely squidgy roccy like zero zero. love proper weed grown outside not in a semi with chemicals and lights...eeeuugh

Its a small world blondin, I was in Glastonbury just last weekend visiting the chalice well gardens for a little inspiration and the tor, the tor had a very distinctive smell of hash.
I kind of got the impression that the town centre has a large heroin/crack problem? and a weird amount of shops selling stuffed animals, what's up with that?

On topic of this thread, when in Glastonbury I was smoking some beautifully UK grown Blue Cheese

Been getting spoilt with weed recently. My new guy currently has a choice of 6 varieties - all imported.

From Holland: Amnesia Haze (very nice) and Pineapple diesel (very, very nice - possibly the most beautiful smelling weed I've ever encountered).

From Canada: Sunset Sherbet (gorgeous, but a bit pricey at 20/g

From California: King Lughi; French Cookie and Lemon Twist. Not tried any of these yet, but they come in sealed and weighed retail packaging complete with Government health warnings and dosage advise - some are in Tuna type tins with a ring pull top!

Is diverted legal US bud imported to the UK becoming a thing now? How the fuck does this stuff get through customs? :?

Probably the same way coke and MDMA get through. I've heard about US weed being exported now. Makes sense: as low as 60 USD for an oz of reasonably high quality, plus space-age hash and oils that are as close to pure THC as you would want.

I think Canada (among others) is more interested in the millions of dollars its making in extra tax revenue than the insane amount of cannabis its citizens are exporting to the UK, you don't bite the hand what feeds you.

My point is that weed is bulky enough as it is, without smuggling in labelled tin cans that can be easily picked up by metal detectors.

I've often wondered why weed is smuggled in at all since the return must be so low on a kilo per kilo basis compared to say heroin and coke, that I wonder why people bother. Of course there will always be the Howard Marks type why smuggle weed rather than heroin and coke on a moral basis I suppose.

Perhaps with weed being more socially acceptable, there is a bigger market for it making it quicker to turn over your shipment into cash perhaps? Even then, the market for Class A's is hardly small so even that doesn't make sense. Or perhaps it's just that the demand for weed just greatly outstrips what domestic supply can handle? Or maybe some people only have supply sources for weed and not any for Class A's so they just smuggle what they can get their hands on easy?

Why fucking knows eh? lol

I've often wondered why weed is smuggled in at all since the return must be so low on a kilo per kilo basis compared to say heroin and coke, that I wonder why people bother. Of course there will always be the Howard Marks type why smuggle weed rather than heroin and coke on a moral basis I suppose.

Perhaps with weed being more socially acceptable, there is a bigger market for it making it quicker to turn over your shipment into cash perhaps? Even then, the market for Class A's is hardly small so even that doesn't make sense. Or perhaps it's just that the demand for weed just greatly outstrips what domestic supply can handle? Or maybe some people only have supply sources for weed and not any for Class A's so they just smuggle what they can get their hands on easy?

Why fucking knows eh? lol

Exactly mate. In fact, IME the UK has never been a big importer of weed. Traditionally it was always hash or highly compressed Jamaican weed, with the odd treat of Thai or similar. Since the advent of hydroponics, the UK has been so self sufficient in growing weed that we've even been exporting it ourselves.

However, I'm getting the impression that there's now a backlash against force grown chemical laden UK bud, with a growing market for stuff imported from countries that know how to do it properly.

I've certainly noticed a difference myself. UK bud tends to be either meh, or mental, whereas this imported stuff justs makes me feel Fuckin great - with a luvverly afterglow the next day.