• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs The Ethylphenidate (Ethyl phenyl(piperidin-2-yl)acetate) Megathread V3

Vaped > all else. ;)
Fiendish as all Hell, but dayummmm that Dopamine rush. =D

^ how do you vape it and how's the high compared to other ROAs? With an oil burner or foil?
I take mine via sublingual or oral when i'm using it for studying,

^ how do you vape it and how's the high compared to other ROAs? With an oil burner or foil?
I take mine via sublingual or oral when i'm using it for studying,

In PG/VG in a standard vapouriser.
The difference is remarkable - akin to coke vs crack.

I had that data, but for whatever reason: I had a decimal point in there... 25.58 nM.

Jesus Christ, I really need to stop using my phone for things like this!

Hey All,

I seem to be reacting very differently to EPH since I started taking 75mg of Nortriptyline (a Tricyclic Antidepressant) I'm taking for neuropathic pain. It's started making me anxious/nervous/jittery/twitchy/panicy when used in relatively small doses (50mg insufflated), after several months use without any problems.

Do you think that these side effects could be caused by the fact that they both inhibit the re-uptake of Dopamine, as well as Norepinephrine to a lesser extent? Nortriptyline has the following binding affinity (ki[nM]):

Dopamine: 3100 ki[nM]
Serotonin: 16.5 ki[nM]
Norepinephrine: 4.37ki[nM]

I used to take 100mg intranasally with no problems, some times using it multiple times per day. But now, even one hit of 50mg is making me feel awful (during each of the last 3 times), and each time I used it, I soon reached for some Propranolol, Diazepam and Oxycodone to calm down and subdue the jitters.

If it's not the Nortriptyline causing it, I can't think why else this would just start happening to me? Does my Nortriptyline 'theory' stack up, or can somebody prove it wrong and rule it out? It's a shame it's happening, because a little dab of EPH every now and then was very useful in waking me up and getting me going for the day.

I do have some MPA, but I'm not willing to try that until I figure out what's going on.

Hey All,

I seem to be reacting very differently to EPH since I started taking 75mg of Nortriptyline (a Tricyclic Antidepressant) I'm taking for neuropathic pain. It's started making me anxious/nervous/jittery/twitchy/panicy when used in relatively small doses (50mg insufflated), after several months use without any problems.

Do you think that these side effects could be caused by the fact that they both inhibit the re-uptake of Dopamine, as well as Norepinephrine to a lesser extent? Nortriptyline has the following binding affinity (ki[nM]):

Dopamine: 3100 ki[nM]
Serotonin: 16.5 ki[nM]
Norepinephrine: 4.37ki[nM]

I used to take 100mg intranasally with no problems, some times using it multiple times per day. But now, even one hit of 50mg is making me feel awful (during each of the last 3 times), and each time I used it, I soon reached for some Propranolol, Diazepam and Oxycodone to calm down and subdue the jitters.

If it's not the Nortriptyline causing it, I can't think why else this would just start happening to me? Does my Nortriptyline 'theory' stack up, or can somebody prove it wrong and rule it out? It's a shame it's happening, because a little dab of EPH every now and then was very useful in waking me up and getting me going for the day.

I do have some MPA, but I'm not willing to try that until I figure out what's going on.

Since writing the aforementioned post and having just searched for drug interactions using various online services, I got the following information:

www.reference.medscape.com/drug-interactionchecker pulled up the following information when I checked for interactions between Nortriptyline and Methylphenidate (using Methylphenidate as Ethylphenidate is not listed):

3 Interactions Found With Nortriptyline + Methylphenidate

Serious Interaction - Use Alternatives
Possible serious or life-threatening interaction. Monitor closely. Use alternatives if available.
Comment: Tricyclic antidepressants increase or decrease effects of sympathomimetics, by blocking reuptake of NE, or blocking uptake of indirect sympathomimetics into the adrenergic neuron.

Significant Interaction - Monitor Closely
Nortriptyline increases sedation and Methylphenidate decreases sedation. Effect of interaction is not clear, use caution. Potential for interaction, monitor closely.

Minor Interaction
Methylphenidate increases effects of Nortriptyline by decreasing metabolism. Minor or non-significant interaction.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php pulled up the following information when I checked for interactions between Nortriptyline and Methylphenidate (using Methylphenidate as Ethylphenidate is not listed):

Moderate Interaction
MONITOR: The coadministration with Methylphenidate may increase the serum concentrations of tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs). Case reports involving primarily Methylphenidate and Imipramine have suggested favourable as well as unfavourable clinical effects from this combination. In vitro studies suggest that Methylphenidate may inhibit the metabolism of Imipramine and other TCAs, although the extent is probably subject to considerable interindividual variation.

MANAGEMENT: Pharmacologic response to TCAs should be monitored more closely whenever Methylphenidate (racemic) or Dexmethylphenidate (the more pharmacologically active d-enantiomer) is added to or withdrawn from therapy, and the TCA dosage adjusted as necessary.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.webmd.com/interaction-checker pulled up the following information when I checked for interactions between Nortriptyline and Methylphenidate (using Methylphenidate as Ethylphenidate is not listed):

Serious - Use Alternative
Potential for serious interaction; regular monitoring by your doctor required or alternate medication may be needed. Tricyclic antidepressants may increase or decrease the effect of the other drug when taken in this combination

Significant - Monitor Closely
Potential for interaction. Nortriptyline oral increases and Methylphenidate decreases sedation and drowsiness.

Minor
Methylphenidate increases effects of Nortriptyline oral by slowing drug metabolism

http://umm.edu/health/medical/drug-interaction-tool pulled up the following information when I checked for interactions between Nortriptyline and Methylphenidate (using Methylphenidate as Ethylphenidate is not listed):

High Interaction Potential - Use Alternative
Treatment with both an amphetamine-like agent and a Tricyclic antidepressant may result in high blood pressure, and other effects on your heart and your nervous system. Using an amphetamine-like agent together with a Tricyclic antidepressant may cause an increased risk of certain side effects, but using both drugs may be the best treatment for you.

Some examples of an amphetamine-like agent are Dextroamphetamine, Methylphenidate, or Phentermine. Examples of a Tricyclic antidepressant are Amitriptyline, Amoxapine, or Imipramine. If you are using both medicines together, your doctor may change the dose or how often you use one or both of the medicines. If you are already using an amphetamine-like agent and a Tricyclic antidepressant, call your doctor if you feel dizzy or Lightheaded, feel tired, have a headache, or have a faster than usual heart beat. Do not stop using your medicines without talking to your doctor first.

http://www.cvs.com/drug/interaction-report pulled up the following information when I checked for interactions between Nortriptyline and Methylphenidate (using Methylphenidate as Ethylphenidate is not listed):

Moderate Interaction
These drugs must be used together with close monitoring by your health care provider. Side effects may occur such as high blood pressure or fast heart rate, nervousness, palpitations, problems with sleep, severe headache, or other side effects.

http://healthtools.aarp.org/drug-interactions pulled up the following information when I checked for interactions between Nortriptyline and Methylphenidate (using Methylphenidate as Ethylphenidate is not listed):

Moderate Interaction
These drugs must be used together with close monitoring by your health care provider. Side effects may occur such as high blood pressure or fast heart rate, nervousness, palpitations, problems with sleep, severe headache, or other side effects.

... So was I right in thinking this is down to the neurotransmitter interactions and I should avoid its use until I come off of the Nortriptyline, which will probably be in January when I change from Nortriptyline and Oxycodone to just Methadone, via my pain management consultant?

Last edited:
I had that data, but for whatever reason: I had a decimal point in there... 25.58 nM.

Jesus Christ, I really need to stop using my phone for things like this!

If that decimal was there, it would've been a whole different story haha.

Does anyone else here find EPD to provide visuals?
A cursory scouring of the internet reveals I am not alone.
Initially, I assumed it was down to pupil dilation and permanent serotonergic changes due to heavy tripping.
However, my missus indulged on a few occasions and mentioned the visuals without me letting on about my experience.

The visuals are minor - no Tryptamine dreamscapes, but colour changes, slight morphing, objects coming to life, geometric CEV's etc.,

... So was I right in thinking this is down to the neurotransmitter interactions and I should avoid its use until I come off of the Nortriptyline, which will probably be in January when I change from Nortriptyline and Oxycodone to just Methadone, via my pain management consultant?

Yes, you should avoid most stimulants, psychedelics & possibly other drugs too while on tricyclic antidepressants.

got a nasty infection from snorting this stuff ended up with something called naseptin nasal cream to help clear it up got the normal warning about losing an eye and brain damage from doing it

plus the is and inert batch doing the rounds no matter how much you take you get nothing from it

on the subject of vaping this shit...
i like smoking my stims and, as anyone who's tried it knows, eph's vapour is horridly acrid smelling/tasting shit; the kind of smell/taste that lingers in your mouth and room for ages.
i've been doing some random experimentation/pseudoscience to see if i can make vaping eph less unpleasant and make it a more viable ROA, though of course only for once-in-a-blue-moon usage as we all know what this shit does to the soft tissues of the mouth and nose. anyway, i've found a way which works pretty well...

the method i've come up with is:

• drop a single drop of water into the bowl of a glass pipe ("oil burner") with a syringe or eyedropper/pipette
• dissolve in it your dose of EPH
(note: this 'tek' only works for smallish amounts where you can clear the bowl in about 2 big hits. i've used this method with up to 25mg eph with satisfactory results)
• dissolve alongside the EPH a just less than equal amount (in volume of material rather than weight) of MPA
(with the batch i have at least. i haven't weighed the mpa but volume-wise i can fit a gram of eph into a 1"x1" ziplock and the same amount of this batch of mpa fills 1.5 of these bags)

now the reason for adding in MPA is because from quite a lot of experimentation i have deduced that MPA has a lower melting point than EPH and runs better - generally vapes in a glass pipe a lot nicer and easier. another light stim (light so as to not dilute the EPH experience) or some inactive filler with these same properties may substitute. i haven't looked for an alternative filler material as MPA synergises with EPH anyway (plus the dose of mpa used is tiny anyway) and the not-unpleasant taste/smell of the MPA vapour dilutes that of the EPH vapour.

• take a lighter with a small flame and CAREFULLY (you need to be precise with the temperature and move the lighter away and towards the bowl a lot) evaporate the water while rolling the pipe -- basically evaporating the water and melting down both materials at the same time and spreading it around the bowl and rolling the pipe, leaving you with a very thin layer of oil which - from my experimentation - seems hotspot-free. allow this to recrystallise while rolling the pipe so as to spread out the product thinly and evenly in the bowl.

now i cant verify any of this, as i came up with this method though random experimentation and very basic scientific knowledge, but i believe that dissolving the two materials together (thus mixing them together evenly) and recrystallising them together (one with a higher melting point and one with a lower) results in the overall melting point of the recrystallised material averaging out and effectively-speaking (at least how we are concerned) lowering the melting point of the EPH and thus making it easier to work with. the thin layer widespread in the bowl also seems to reduce any chance of burning anything (as long as you are decently skilled with vaping with a glass pipe). even if this hypothesis is incorrect, in practice this is how it works out.

as for actually smoking, this is done in mostly the same way you'd smoke anything out of one of these pipes (be it MPA or any number of illegals) apart from the initial process of melting down the product.
the method slightly differs as of course even with the eph and mpa evenly mixed together, the mpa is likely to start melting first. i find that you still have to use high temperature - i tend to use a jet lighter for this (which is complete overkill for vaping most things) - but the liquid EPH seems to prevent the MPA from burning at this high temperature which it usually would and the liquid EPH behaves a lot nicer and runs smoother, making it easier to handle and vape. you want to get the bowl quite hot quite quickly and let vapour start being produced before you move the lighter away to a 'safer' distance more like what you would use when vaping meth or something. other than this odd quirk it's the same method as vaping anything in a glass pipe

if you did everything correct (unless my method is specific to the batches of each drug i have) you should notice that the vapour has no real taste and doesn't burn your throat much - still not pleasant but not gag-inducingly grim like EPH vapour usually is, it's actually tolerable and not too unpleasant unlike regular EPH vapour. on the exhale you should be able to smell a hint of both eph and mpa vapour (but neither taste as strong as either of these vaped by themselves) -- i happily note that the eph smell from this does not linger in the room more than 5 minutes and doesn't 'stick' to fabrics and the taste doesn't linger in your mouth or lungs.
loading too much material (at least, too much EPH) in the pipe results in all of the MPA being vaped away before the EPH and any successive hits will probably burn your throat and lungs horribly and make you gag - EPH vapour really is awful - and this (in my experience) also increases the chances of burning some of the EPH, which is both wasteful and tastes/smells fucking awful too. i generally load 25-30mg of EPH and an eyeballed dose of MPA, this allows for 2 hits before the bowl is cleared (leaving no residue, either - EPH on its own always seems to leave this gross oily yellow residue for me. sidenote, MPA never leaves resiude) and results in a lovely rush and a great stim high for a decent amount of time. i have tried this without the first step of dissolving the two materials and then evaporating&recrystallising but it simply does not work properly. the dissolving (or mixing/recrystallising the 2 materials as one) step is seemingly vital

the rush: first felt is the sudden high-dose caffeine-like alertness of the MPA, and after a few seconds the lovely dopaminergic euphoria of the EPH creeps/fades in. within roughly 7 seconds post-exhale you should be left with a content smile and the lovely skin tingling that comes with a vaped eph rush.

through observation the melted mpa seems to help kickstart the melting of the eph - even moreso since the two materials are mixed together in such a way and effectively a single product and heat is distributed between both materials evenly due to this and it being a nice thin and widespread layer.
another note: you would expect that the combination of MPA and EPH would produce a bigger side-effects profile than either chemical alone, but i haven't experienced this at all. other than the alertness of MPA's high effect on adrenaline, the experience feels identical to a normal vaped EPH experience... just without the (literally) gag-inducing acridness of the EPH vapour. i think this may be due to the dose of MPA being rather small and the EPH dose heavily outweighing the MPA.
just thought i'd post some of my findings for any of you lot who may be interested.

HR disclaimer: in no way do i recommend this (especially for people with an affinity towards compulsive behaviour or dosing) because of the obvious reasons of unknown safety/health risks and how fucking god damn corrosive EPH is to soft tissue - this can NOT be good for your lungs. if you are going to do this (or vape EPH at all) please only do it on rare occasions. on top of this, i have no idea whatsoever on whether melting eph and mpa together and recrystallising them together would have any unwanted effects such as creating other (and possibly toxic) compounds - as far as my science knowledge goes i don't think this would happen unless you accidentally combusted some material, but i only have a basic background in science so i'm not qualified to make an assumption about this

Before i start, im from slovenia my english is not perfect ill try my best, any thing i dont know how to spell, will be labled with *

Also note, in slovenia good Rc`s got rooted into our drug arsenal, drugs like mephedrone, 3-mmc and ethylphenidate are sold localy and are up there with drugs like amphetamine sulph, mdma , heroin ect...

Sooo let me start

Me and a friend wanted to buy sladoled (3-mmc) but the whole towns supply had ran out, and the next re-stock will be in a week, so we decided* to buy something else... We didnt want Mdma or speed (amph), so my guy asked me if o wanted to try Flamingo (ethylphenidate) i said sure, me and a freind both did a 100mg line, burns as fuck but only for 30 sec not like mephedrone wich* burns for ages. We both started felling the mild stimulation cocaine like but diffrent, my asshole started fell like a warm bubble is forming inside, so we kinda liked it and bought 3g wich* we snorted up in 24 h, the flamingo looked like small squre* almost translucet* hard to brake crystals, during the binge (12+h) we started getting dumb no one wanted to talk we were like emotnly* dead i forgot every second word i said, or heard but i had the felling i understaned everthing we were talking about things that dont seem or are logical, (this never happend on any other stimulant binge, not in this way) anyway i started tripping a saw my freind to be another person weird fucking stuff.... Any way after the binge i coundt sleep for another 18 h no xanax didnt help, the next morning i found out i got a sinus infection my face had swollen bad stuff, anyway i wont take eph anymore, its a good stimulant in small dosages for work or study but not worth binging or rushing on it couse you get brain dead, + its bad on the nose burns leas than meph but the damage* is worse. Just my trip.

I've only ever brought pellets (25mg) and after trying them out a few times, along with alcohol, I thought 3 at once and no redosing was decent enough. Never had any problems. I've just had 2 pellets, so 50mg, but been reading on snorting it.. never tried it before and tbh never even thought about it because of the pellet form I buy it in. I've probably only ever done 30 or so pellets in my life so I don't wanna sound like a hardcore user, I very rarely have a couple on top of a couple drinks and thats it.

Whats the advantages/disadvantages of snorting and if I broke down a 25mg pellet what would the effects be in comparison to doing a 3rd pellet swallowed (as I normally do).

Edit; don't worry, after reading a bit from the last few pages I won't bother snorting.. sounds horrifically dangerous. Just makes me curious what its doing to my stomach?

Last edited:
As you seem to have a good grasp on plugging EPH, can you share with me some specifics? - I only bomb mixed in a shot glass with Gatorade and subsequently chased with a couple extra gulps to get that vile taste and the EPH down to my tummy - however, I'm not a timid bloke and want to try plugging for the benefits many have espoused on this site

Even timid people can plug, provided adequate privacy. ;)

Question 1: if your stim tolerance is at a 2-months-away-from-all-stims baseline level, what dose would you mix up for plugging - if your feeling really generous, the type of info that would answer this question even better, would be some basic guidelines as to the ratio of liquid (in ml) for said dose (I usually dose orally in the 35-50mg range) - if I feel ok handling, say, a 50mg dose, how much liquid should I inject with that dose?

If your stim tolerance is baseline plugging 50mg ETH is probably not a good idea. Personally I always dose with 20mg ETH/10ml water.

Question 2: should a rectal dose be the same as I'd use orally? - I've read that the rectal roa comes with increased bioavailability, so I'm just curious and, in the interest of HR, don't want to overdo it

Rule of thumb (which has no scientific value other than personal observation through experience) is 1x oral = 0.4x rectal. In other words a dose for plugging amounts to 40% of an oral dose to achieve desired effect. Some use even less.

Question 3: I usually dissolve mine in a shot glass of Gatorade, then chase the foul first shot with a couple more gulps of Gatorade to wash the goodies out of my mouth and down to my tummy (works great, btw) - the question is: do you dissolve the rectal dose in plain water? - or would it be better/ok to use Gatorade or perhaps a sterile saline solution?

I use distilled water for peace of mind because tap water in this city has a strong chemical taste but most people I know that use ETH swear that tap water works just as good regardless of taste and smell. As for Gatorade... well it is derived from an oral re-hydration medicine so it should probably be restricted to oral use. You never know, there might be ingredients in the drink that could hamper rectal absorbing of EPH. A long shot but why take the chance.

Question 4: do you mind going into detail as to your exact rectal injection procedure? - what type/size of syringe is used, what type (if any) of lubricant should used? - how far do you cram it in? - do you lay down on your belly? - or on your side? - or do it 'doggy style' with your bum in the air? - after injection, do you stay in the position for a bit to allow gravity to assist? - do I need to clench the cornhole afterwards and, if so, for how long after injection? - lastly, I read that a clean colon is important - how does one determine if he's cleaned out enough?

First the hardware: you will need non-powdered surgical gloves (for sanitary purposes), a 10cc/10ml oral syringe with glass tip or hard plastic tip, the tip should be at least 2.5 inches long (I think that's about 10cm) but no more than 4 inches. Avoid soft plastic tips. One common shot glass for mixing the solution. 1 drinking glass. Lubricated condoms (see below) or, if you're the fancy type, some of that grossly overpriced "personal lubricant"/glorified Vaseline that shall remain unnamed. You can get all of this stuff at Wal Mart or practically any pharmacy.

Check rectal bulb for clearance. The bulb is the "entrance hall" that links the colon to the rectum, that's where rectal meds are absorbed. The bulb is usually clear when you don't feel the need to defecate but just in case, use gloved finger to confirm the all-clear. Also get rid of gas, if any. Very frustrating to blow out a fresh dose.

Prep the solution. Grind EPH to fine powder. Weigh 20mg powder and dump into dry clean shot glass. Pour some (ideally lukewarm) water into drinking glass. Suck water into syringe to full mark (assuming syringe is 10cc/10ml). Empty syringe in shot glass on top of EPH. Mix thoroughly using syringe tip or plastic coffee stirrer (EPH sticks to wood) until solution is pretty clear. Pump solution into syringe.

Consumption. Glove both hands. Pull out a lubricated condom and rub it against the syringe's tip, that's all the lube you'll need. I find that the best position to administer the solution is lying in bed on your back and pulling your legs over your shoulders. Hold your legs in position with your left arm (if you're right-handed) and use your right hand to insert the syringe tip into the anus, push it in about 2" to 2.5" (more than that misses the bulb resulting in less efficient delivery), casually push the piston. Pull syringe out. Maintain position a few minutes (usually 2 or 3 min), until the urge to push the liquid out (a natural reflex) goes away, at which time the bulb is closed and the solution is securely trapped inside.

Now rise and glow %)

so guys - 3F-Phenmetrazine or eph? in terms of harm redustion and euphoria and value for money? also, 3F-Phenmetrazine seems to be DA meanwhile eph is DARI? whoch one would be your drug of choise, providing one wants to be naughty from time to time? cheers.

^3F-P for me. more functional, a bit less fiendish, no where near as bad for your nose. Has a tad like "rushy" euphoria, but still feels great! But thats just my opinion, others may feel differently. EPH snorted/smoked seems to provide a bit more euphoria, but I still got a very "nice" warm feeling from 3FP, just not quite as strong. I also found 3FP to last a tad bit longer. I mean unless you are going to take EPH orally I wouldn't recommend it. 1 week of snorting EPH did the same amount of damage as 2 years of snorting mephedrone, even with the nasal spray bottle trick.

We're almost a month later and I'm still having trouble with my nose because of this stuff it's made a real mess of my sinuses it hurts my teeth every time I sneeze and get terribleI pain in my eyes as well

We're almost a month later and I'm still having trouble with my nose because of this stuff it's made a real mess of my sinuses it hurts my teeth every time I sneeze and get terribleI pain in my eyes as well

I'm not surprised, it is perhaps the most corrosive chemical I've ever willingly ingested.

I did a lil' test of just how corrosive it is - it gave me chemical burns if left on the skin, even in minute quantities.

Its synth does leave room for impurities that could be the explanation, but I get the feeling it is simply an inherent property.

Also had to get a new debit card after using it to line up EPH - melted the plastic!