• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Speed for quick weight loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohjeb

Greenlighter
I train hard and eat healthy and am still 12lbs from my goal weight.
I am going to start adding speed into a bottle of water each morning for a couple of weeks to quickly shred a few pounds.
(I am aware that this is not a permanent fix, and would rather not bomb or snort it so i can slowly drink it throughout the morning at work)
How much do you recommend each day?
and does anyone have any recommendations for me?

I have a low drug tolerance.

:)

I would strongly recommend that you think twice and don't use this plan.

The potential risks and downfalls [of speed use] far outweigh the alternative.

Although reaching a weight "plateau" can be very frustrating and hard to break through, it can still be done with a bit of hard work, learning, and planning. (I'll expand more on breaking your plateau in a moment...)

I have no idea what kind of speed it is you plan on using, but any kind poses a great chance for potential abuse and addiction. Getting through a speed addiction will be a hell of a lot more difficult than breaking a weight plateau, and frankly, is not worth 12 lbs. Even if you promise yourself you'll use all the harm reduction tactics you can find, and you're "sure you won't get addicted," etc etc insert other positive outlooks and reasons to use here, fact is - speed is addictive, it sneaks up on you when you don't expect it, even in small ways. You can start small, using a very small amount and seeing "benefits." Next day, you wake up and go about your normal speed routine and find that it's not quite giving you that same spring in your step, you're feeling a wee bit lethargic and the number on the scale has halted again. Then, you'll add 'just a little bit more, just for now...' to get that same feeling and accelerate your weight loss goal again. Thus is the beginning of tolerance and addiction. It's not a good place to be.

Using speed for weight loss may seem easy and will likely help you reach your 12 lb loss quicker, sure - but that weight lost is likely not that of the fat you desire to lose, but will at first be excess water weight and then muscle. (I don't know where you're at right now, but if you started speed, the initial 6 or so pounds is likely excess water weight, and will aid in tricking you that you're losing that fat you want to shed.)
You said you "train hard and eat healthy." This shows that you definitely have the fire & desire to reach your weight loss goals, and also shows that you have probably already put in some serious time and hard work. Well, if you want to see that hard work go out the window, then by all means, start up that speed. If you don't want to see your blood, sweat & tears go down the drain, I suggest avoiding the speed and using different ways to break your plateau.

To break a weight plateau will require you are more restrictive and closely monitor your diet. If this is something you're already doing, you need to start "confusing" your body and switching things up (with your food and with your workouts.) If you have a specific routine down, it's time to make a new plan. If you're a runner and 90% of your workouts consist of running, switch to swimming. or rowing. or circuit training. anything but running. If you workout 5 days a week, and you are a runner, switch it to only one of those 5 days is running, and find new high-intensity cardio activities. Each different activity uses different muscles and parts of the body, which can kick-start weight loss and/or break through a plateau. Also, make sure that you are weight training as well. When I hit a plateau weight that I was trying to break through, I was working out 6 days a week, mostly cardio (everyday) and weight training 3 days a week. I switched it to 5 days/wk of strictly weight training, and 1 day/wk of cardio, a different cardio every week. I broke through my plateau rather quickly at that point, and it felt amazing.

Regarding your diet, you'd basically do the same thing I said above with the switching up types of cardio - switch up the kind of food you're eating. If you are eating basically the same thing every day at every meal, no matter how healthy, it will be more difficult to break through the plateau. If you're eating eggs and toast every morning, switch up to oatmeal and an apple. If you have a chicken salad for lunch everyday, switch up your proteins to tuna, salmon, steak, etc. Expand your food tastes as far as you can take them. Explore new foods and try not to eat the same thing twice in a week (breakfast being an exception, at least for myself...I am a picky eater and found it a bit difficult to find 7 different and unique breakfasts, but I explored as many as I could and rotated them and modified them as much as possible.)

The combination of "shocking" your body and switching things up leads to a great potential to set yourself up to break through your plateau and reach your weight loss goal. This way, as opposed to hitting the "easy" button and using speed, is infinitely more likely to help you keep your weight off in the long run, sustain a healthy lifestyle, and avoid that pesky thing called 'addiction.'

^
That was a great post and you could do alot worse then to follow. that advice OP.
Id just like to add that using amphetamines while on restricted diets and intense workout regimes will put alot of strain on the heart and put you at massive increased risk of cardiac arrest and stroke, not to mention hyperthermia, dehydration and various muscle strains.

Yes, amphetamines will help you lose weight by being more active/productive and curbing your appetite. However it is really not a healthy way to go about it, even though amphetamine and similar drugs have been prescribed for this purpose.

In Requiem for a Dream, the mother did this and didnt finish good 8o

dont say its gonna happen to the OP. Anyhow, i find there should be safer options to lose weight. Cause, it can happen, that after losing weight, then you may be addicted to anfetamines

There's really no excuse to use drugs in your situation.
Educate yourself about diet, exercise.
12lbs of fat is not bad at all(assuming that is accurate). Do it the right way and you will feel great physically and be more muscular than if abused stimulants to achieve your weightloss.

Some years back, when I was both depressed and overweight, and had no money for therapy, I was prescribed Preludins. The doctor advised me that I could ONLY take them for six weeks, as the efficacy decreased as quickly as the prospective of dependency increased at that point. (Sorry, I don't remember the dosage; at that age I'd taken virtually no prescription drugs of any kind, so the dosage was probably the lowest.)

I lost thirty pounds, stopped taking the speed, and by the end of the six weeks I'd begun--and continued--both a healthy diet and a vigorous habit of running and cycling. The weight stayed off, in fact, until I started taking an antidepressant nearly ten years later. That was during the pre-SSRI years. I took a tricyclic, Elavil, and I did put on a few pounds despite my even more (by then) rigorous diet. I figured the trade-off was worth it, as Elavil was for me really effective. I took it until I was ready to get pregnant.

So I have only a positive experience with using an amphetamine briefly for weight loss. I've never had the opportunity or the desire to take any form of speed again. My 0.2 cents, for what they're worth... good luck to you.

Last edited:
Some years back, when I was both depressed and overweight, and had no money for therapy, I was prescribed Preludins. The doctor advised me that I could ONLY take them for six weeks, as the efficacy decreased as quickly as the prospective of dependency increased at that point.

I lost thirty pounds, stopped taking the speed, and by the end of the six weeks I'd begun--and continued--both a healthy diet and a vigorous habit of running and cycling. The weight stayed off...

So I have only a positive experience with using an amphetamine briefly for weight loss. I've never had the opportunity or the desire to take any form of speed again.

Excellent that you had a positive experience with using speed for weight loss, and excellent that your doctor was dosing and prescribing correctly. I definitely agree that in certain situations, (some, few) patients can and will benefit from a 'speed kick-start.'

The difference between you and the OP is that the speed that was prescribed to you was given at the 'beginning' of the weight loss phase; I'd guess you tried and failed many other diets or workout regimes prior to being given the speed, which you likely discussed with your doctor, resulting in his decision that the risk of a short Rx of speed was less than the risks of you being overweight.

The OP has already developed good habits and a workout regime and has already shown the ability to lose weight without a supplement. The OP is likely already at a pretty healthy weight, and it is likely that the 12lbs the OP desires to lose may not be a necessity (again, I don't know, I am assuming...).

If the OP went to a doctor and had only 12 lbs left to lose and was interested in speed, or if the doctor prescribed it without being prompted, I would seriously question this decision, because at the point that the patient (OP) is at, the risk vs. reward of a speed Rx would heavily lean towards a pretty serious risk, and is definitely not a necessity at this point. In fact, I would be willing to bet you'd have great difficulty in finding a doctor who would Rx speed for this situation.

I went from 160 lbs, still kind of skinny for 6'2, to 125 lbs in the matter of like 2 months with speed/dextro amph. The way it left me was truly hell. A nice addiction, still don't feel completely better after 6 months not touching them etc. It's not worth it..

I do get a laugh when doctors say amphetamines won't really help you lose weight. I know there have been quite a few studies which show them to be just slightly superior to placebo. We all know differently. Amphetamines are rarely a HEALTHY way to lose weight but they will do the trick in the vast majority of cases. I've know people who have lost 30, 40, 50 pounds or more in a couple months doing meth. They usually lose their minds along with the weight but they will slim down right quick.

Do I think the OP has a good idea? Of course not. Also, when you come off speed you will eat EVRYTHING in sight and have no energy which often brings the weight right back and motivates you to keep using. Addiction often follows.

For starters your water will taste like shit. Find a different mixer. It will probably taste like shit anyway. Additionally, no when can answer your question because nobody knows the purity of your gear. That being said, street meth is actually pretty potent by and large. You could easily overdo, especially if you're at work. Are you accustomed to be spun in public? At best you might be suspiciously enthusiastic, at worst psychotic.

If you insist on doing this, use your weekends to test your dope.

It's a bad idea overall, I don't need to restate the obvious.

Speed is a hell of a drug to control, even if you're taking it orally in small doses. It has a knack of getting you when you least expect it. I'd know... I started off small with meth and it's turned into an almost every day thing now. Been trying to control my use lately and been smoking a lot of weed and drinking. My body can't handle another 3 day binge for awhile. Someone above me said it best, is 12 pounds really worth a speed addiction?

Hmmm i don't even take my prescribed amphetamine everyday, instead 2-3 times a week and i've already lost 15 pounds in two weeks, also because on the days i'm not using it i cut down my portions of eating by quiet a bit. But i wouldn't take it specifically to lose weight especially everyday because people who usually lose a lot of weight from using speed frequently or amphetamines usually end up gaining a lot more than in the beginning when they stop using.

Good points. Very true about how my circumstances varied from the OP's... just thought I'd cite an instance in which a one-time use of prescription speed had excellent results.

These days (my fling with Prellys was more than thirty years ago) it's hard to imagine any doctor prescribing speed for weight loss. They'd rather refer a patient for bariatric surgery!

Amphetamine is no longer recognized as a valid anorectic agent in the FDA's eyes, because it has seriously troubling side effects.

If you want to lose weight in a sustainable manner, don't take stimulants.

if you use enough amps to reduce your apatite you will lose weight while on them but when you stop you will gain at least some of that weight back because you will feel very hungry from under eating

That's true for people seeking a quick fix either by just starving themselves, or by artificially depressing one's appetite, and very likely not eating a nutritious diet during the initial weight drop.

However, if the weight loss is followed by a sincere effort to change one's diet dramatically for the better as well as engaging in plenty of activity and exercise, the weight can and will stay off.

Good points. Very true about how my circumstances varied from the OP's... just thought I'd cite an instance in which a one-time use of prescription speed had excellent results.

These days (my fling with Prellys was more than thirty years ago) it's hard to imagine any doctor prescribing speed for weight loss. They'd rather refer a patient for bariatric surgery!

How did Preludin feel in comparison to other stimulants? I here it is the best IV stimulant, but I guess you took it as prescribed.

Took it as prescribed, and it was like being on very strong espresso, all the time. I hardly slept. One thing I did perfect (along with compulsively getting absolutely all of my homework done early) was baking, things I had absolutely no interest in eating. I'd be sliding a tray of Danish pastries or whatnot out of the oven when my exhausted housemates came home from the computer center at four a.m. "WellIthinkI'lltrytogetsomesleep," I'd gibber.

Status
Not open for further replies.