• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

dopesick - how long does it take for you to feel it?

^ I actually just recently got some paperwork from the detox I was in a few months back and it was 6k for the 5 days I was in there. My insurance covered it but there was someone there whose insurance wouldn't pay for it since it was her 3rd detox that year so her mom paid for it. Sucks for her mom because she left with a guy on her last day there and went to get high with him. So there are some people that pay 5-6k to kick a dope habit.

Thats fucking absurd.

I guess I am a little more fortunate cause if I gotta my parent's own a cottage in the woods and I go there. Away from civilization, there is a TV/DVD, a hot tub and I am hours away from any dope I could get my hands on. I don't want to be around a bunch of other moping drug addicts while I kick. Fuck that, I will never willingly go to a detox. I just want seclusion, benzos, weed and eventaully a few beers.

These days, I start feeling those slight dope sick sensations after about 6 hours, sometimes longer. By 12 hours I'm pretty sick and by 24 I'm puking my guts out.

The bigger your habit and the more often you use, the faster you start to go into withdrawals. Sucks. I also just have a naturally fast metabolism so that accounts for a good deal of it too. I know people that no matter how much or how often they are using each day, it takes them 24 hours + before getting sick. I wish.

Here where Im at H is not widely available (though I havent really really looked hard) and when I have stumbled upon it it is garbage so I've always stuck to pills.
Morphine has "legs" and sticks with me well into the next day so probably close to 24hrs before I get sick from shooting it.
Dilaudid is another monster though. I fiend hard for it and am getting hot flashes within 8hrs of my last shot.
Subs have been great to me.

When I was using (iv heroin) the timeline would run out @ about 12+hrs. Then again, in Australia we really only got china, I have never seen tar in my life. How I got off it was a friend saved up a bit of his takeaway methadone incrementally and I travelled to Tasmania for a couple of weeks and sweated my way around the island on a bus trip - halving my dose every day until it was gone. Nothing like being over 1000kms from your connection to force you to quit lol