• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can I smoke weed after psychosis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matariah

Greenlighter
A few months ago I took too much LSD and it sent me on a psychotic break for 3 weeks. they treated me with invega sustenna which is a slow acting risperdol. I got one shot to come out of the psychosis and then i got overdosed on my second shot. My reaction: I had an intense feeling of WANTING TO DO NOTHING. after a while of this feeling i tried to shake it by smoking weed and it made the feeling even worse. I couldnt stop moving around. I kept walking around and repeated to myself I want to do nothing i want to do nothing. then i went to the hospital. They gave me something for anxiety i think and it calmed me down. then i got put on an antidepressant (celexa) for anxiety. Why did this reaction happen after i smoked weed? could it have been an interaction with the antipsychotic shot? Has my brain been damaged by the psychosis and just couldnt take the weed? or was it damaged by the antipsychotic?... it has been 8 weeks since that incident and now im actually having cravings for weed. im not trying to combat a condition. did the antidepressant get me out of that situation? or was it time? the invega getting out of my system? what might happen if i smoke weed again? ask questions if needed

Since you had a psychosis for three weeks off of one dose of acid. When you had the trip it was prolly traumatizing and the weed just draws it out. Was this the first time you took acid. I am thinking you have a underlining condition that the LSD drew out...I went thru a psychosis for seven months and I can no longer smoke weed because of it.....It is prolly something your going to have to accept because you are already vulnerable to another psychosis and if you keep playing with fire then you risk goes up. There are ppl who never even had a psychotic brak say they can't smoke weed......I know it's a bummer and there really isn't much you can do at this point. I don't think the AP's have anything to do with it. I think your mind is sensitive like mine and we just have to take care of it for now on.

that was my 4th time doing acid. it was a BIG dose. prior i had been doing shrooms quite frequently and looking bad i realize i was having psychotic symptoms with that too. I just didnt stay in the break. my trip was like I was constantly looking for signs to make my life happier. like if i followed the signs i would find a "transport to happiness". at least thats what came to me in a trip..and its like every time i took a psychedelic I was going further down the rabbit hole...but I dont see how weed mixes with that

Weed is a psychadelic...So I really would just hang it up and move forward. Be thankful that you have your mind back and enjoy life. Help people. Treat your body as if it were your child. With care....Trust me when I came out of my psychosis. I could smoke weed for about six months and When I started to go thru it again I stopped and the psychosis lessened. Now I wasn't taking anti psychotics when I abstained from drugs so i was still kinda out there but people didn't notice it.....All I heard where little whispers that I would call the devil and I never talked to myself ever. So it amazes me that going thru what I did. You would have to experience it for yourself to understand the sheer magnitude of the psychosis. But at least I can help someone and that is more rewarding then getting high. Plus weed also makes me feel dirty, kinda like crank. UGH! it isn't any good IMO.

Okay when I was 20 in 05......I started to get paranoid about my ex having another relationship.....I was doing almost pure ICE everyday for two month's. I slept but not often.....I had sex with this gal about four months before me and my ex got together. She gave me a std....Well I go to the deprartment of human services and get all cleaned up. It was one that can be cured. So After almost a year of being with my ex I started to get really paranoid because At the department they asked me do I want a blood test for HIV. and I said yes but I never went back for the results. So I start asking my friend. Do you think I gave her HIV? and they said no but i was convinced that I did......So at the beginning of April I just couldn't shake the thought that I killed her. She knew something was wrong but I wouldn't say out of fear I was going to go to prison. Then crap really started to hit the fan. I heard a voice say PILLS. It was a commanding voice. And I thought my roommates where trying to drug me. So my roommate and I agree to go back to the department and see the result's. Well when we got there everybodies conversation seemed like it was aimed at me.

I started to hear Herpes and other STD's from my friends mouth but he said he didn't say anything. I go back there and they do my blood pressure and My heart was beating so fast and hard she was like did you do drug's....and walked out to get somebody. I walked out and went to the car and my roommate had to get some teeth pulled so we went to go do that which was only like a half mile away. And I could hear my ex screaming.....I thought I was in a grand theft auto game and the police where just trying to find a reason to bust me.....I left my friend and walked all around the city regretting that I never gotten the result's. I thought my ex was at every corner and all I wanted to do is see her. After finally walking for 7 hours across the whole city I went to a payphone and I called the cop's. The operator that answered was a K9 officer that I stole like 10 gram's of 98% pure coke from two years prior so that made me even more paranoid. I called the cops and told them I gave a gal HIV. You can imagine there reaction and the leading cop that talked to me I thought he was God in the flesh. I ask if I can be taken to a hospital where I could see my results.

Well after fearing I was going to die and making a scene and the lobby TV wouldn't stop talking to me. The cop that worked at the hospital called the cop that took me there and I went to jail for a bench warrent. I go to one or the worst jail in the midwest. Then I went thru detox for five days which I lost it by now.I get out and my roommate has this angry look on his face. I thought he was the devil.....So we go to the clubs I worked at and he loads a bowl of weed and I take a hit and the face got even madder. Now he had some E and asked did I want some so I can chill and I took all five when I was supposed to take one and I wanted to die. I thought I was in Dawn of the dead and cannibals and zombies where after me. After making a big scene at a store a block away. Two cops come and one beats the crap out of me and throw's me into his unit and there I go back to jail the same day. They asked me what did I take and how much and I said five so they threw me into a stretcher and I thought for sure I was going to get chopped up and shot me up in both forarm's with some gun that knocked me out. I wake up in detox and then I go home.

My fear of my ex cheating on me consumed me so I wanted to see her but I was in no shape to see her. But I did anyway despit her telling me not to come over. Hear voice changes into that first cop that arrested me and she grow's a blond beard and I thought I could make things move with my mind and everything and made her look bad in front of the entire neighborhood and I walk and she's walking behind me and then a cop comes andtells me I look high so I go back to jail but in a different county. I get out over night andby this time I had lost it. I invited my ex to come over and I told her I gave her HIV and that I cheated on her and a bunch of other stuff.....She said that she was going home and my friend took her home. After about an hour I thought what my friend really did was strangle her and throw her down a hole. Now the cannibal thing was getting to me bad so I go to this house that I ran to and there where red and blue light's on the house and I thought they where cops and they could help me kill the cannibals. So I break there window with the weed pipe I had in my hands...They call the cop's and I go to jail a fourth time. By this time I thought everybody was going to kill me. I stayed in jail for two months get out and get help. My ex breaks up with me I still hear voices but I'm on med's.....And it was truly a living nightmare.

This is what I went thru!

Be careful where you do drug's and the people around you because I was surronded by nothing but meth heads so thats another reason my psychosis lasted seven months instead of three weeks.

If you are still struggling with mental health issues/ psychotic episodes, it probably isn't smart to introduce weed.

Panic attacks can ensue that aggravate or even trigger a psychotic episode, if that is something that you are struggling with.

Good luck.

I went to a rehab/medical treatment center to get clean an fix up my drug induced psychosis. It was caused by bath salts and legal weed shit. They said when in left that weed was a horrible thing to do because it could bring out underlying psychotic illnesses.

I dont do fake shit anymore but I still smoke buds so I guess it depends on the person. Professionals highly advise against it

I see you have an identical thread in Cannabis Discussion.

Please do not cross-post. If you start a thread in the wrong forum and notice afterwards, let the staff know by using the Report Post button, the yield sign located on the top right corner of every post. If you do not know where your topic belongs, post it in Homeless and it will be moved by a staff member.

PM me with any questions or comments.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.