• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Cannabis Discussion Thread Version 2

A Xanax before your smoke should stop any anxiety you might get. I'm prone to anxiety when smoking and find Xanax a god send. Especially in social situations.

To answer your question. I had a Mate who was smoking for years and one night had a panick/anxiety attack and he had to stop smoking after that as he would get that anxious feeling again and he was completely put off it after that. I'm sure not everyone would go through this. As they say some people just arnt 'wired' the same hence why some people can handle the anxiety and others not so much. Me personally, I get anxious in general after smoking but I've never had an anxiety attack or episode.

http://imgur.com/Cd7aAeH
The leaf on the right as you can see looks like the centre finger has split but it's actually 2 fingers conjoined like conjoined twins. I'm interested to hear if anyone knows of this

Ok guys here is a bit of an update. Here is a link to an updated pic of the same plant that is in the link above in this comment. The first photo was taken about 2 weeks ago.
http://imgur.com/h3KNIDP

The plant has not grown in the last 2 weeks. The stem and leaf stems as you can see are a purple colour and the leaves in real life look flouro green/ yellow. This, if I'm not mistaken is a magnesium deficiency (according to several weed growing forums) let the soil dry out and fed it a solution of Epsom salts and water. It's been a few days and I haven't seen any improvement.
Now the image in the the following link (different strain) had the same deficiency and gave it the same solution and have seen quite good results. These plants are about 2 weeks younger than the one in the first image. Any advice? Here is the link to the other plants:
http://imgur.com/fs5Z1gW

Looks like you have an insect problem to me dude, there are a number of white marks on the leaves that look like insect damage. I can see them on your other plants too. You should inspect the undersides of the leaves and try to determine if it is insects and if it is then identify them and figure out a solution from there.

I always found the best time to look for bugs was around lunchtime on a sunny day, they should be pretty active at that time having a chomp/suck on your leaves, I always found bugs to be more noticeable on the undersides of leaves than the tops unless they were pretty out of hand. Some bugs are pretty smart and will see you coming or freak out when the leaf starts moving, they tend to run towards the stem that runs along the centre of the underside of each leaf blade and they will try hide from you in there, so definitely make sure to check that area on affected leaves pretty thoroughly.

Are you feeding regularly? So long as you haven't gone over the top with the nutrients, feed fairly regularly and used a decent soil there is no reason your plant should have nutrient deficiency or lockout so bad that it stunts its growth this severely.

Last season was my first outdoor grow, early on I had problems and I was convinced I had a nutrient deficiency, because I was feeding regularly I became quite sure that this nutrient deficiency may be due to my pH being off. Turns out the problem was thrips, which some spinosad took care of quick smart.

In my experience insects can be pretty brutal when growing outdoors, last season I caught every fucking pest possible it felt like, from thrips to spider mites to bloody root aphids and fungus gnats.

I wouldn't trip too hard about purple stems, I have seen it on a number of plants and I really don't think it necessarily is a sign of nutrient deficiency.

I hope you aren't expecting a huge harvest out of those, they should start flowering in the next few weeks and they are not very big...

I am having a problem with white fly. I have an organic pesticide that I have been using but it doesn't seem to have an effect andnitnus a pesticide that claims to control whitefly. I don't reckon it will start flowering for a while yet. No pistles are present yet. I put em in only 7-8 weeks ago. Out of curiosity, what makes you think they are owing to flower soon?

I am having a problem with white fly. I have an organic pesticide that I have been using but it doesn't seem to have an effect andnitnus a pesticide that claims to control whitefly. I don't reckon it will start flowering for a while yet. No pistles are present yet. I put em in only 7-8 weeks ago. Out of curiosity, what makes you think they are owing to flower soon?

give pyrethrem (sp?) oil a shot for the white flys.. if that doesnt work, mix some really hot chilli n garlic with it for more kick.. chances are it will start flowering very soon because the days are getting shorter.. mine have already shown signs of flower and they the same size as yours

mine did the exact same thing as yours this season, growth suddenly stopped for like nearly a month at one stage.. I sowed my at the end of october and they are the same size as yours :X Ive used premium organic potting mix and half strength seasol so it cant be a deficiency :sus:

give pyrethrem (sp?) oil a shot for the white flys.. if that doesnt work, mix some really hot chilli n garlic with it for more kick.. chances are it will start flowering very soon because the days are getting shorter.. mine have already shown signs of flower and they the same size as yours

mine did the exact same thing as yours this season, growth suddenly stopped for like nearly a month at one stage.. I sowed my at the end of october and they are the same size as yours :X Ive used premium organic potting mix and half strength seasol so it cant be a deficiency :sus:
It's pretty strange. I n have never had an issue growing before. This is my first grow in quite a long time. When I was in Queensland infused to start in December and I'd have a 5 foot plant just starting to bud in April. Now I have moved to Vic. I put em in toward the end of November. The days are still quite long with the sun going down around 8:30pm. I thought there was still plenty of daylight ( at least 12 hours)
Im going to give your trick with the pyrethrem oil a shot

Inhale to say though, Melbourne has had a pretty piss poor summer. Was still quite cold through spring too

In my experience white flies are relatively hard to completely eliminate, I find most insects tend to be nesters but whitefly have large populations that migrate a lot and if you are in an unlucky location it doesn't matter what kind of pesticide regime you use there will always be some population of whitefly that passes over your plants for a quick feed regularly.

My best advice in regards to white fly is to mow your lawn often, they seem to enjoy long grass and their populations will build up if you don't maintain your yard. I have found a systemic organic insecticide like neem oil or its extracts (I tend to favour an extract called Eco-Neem) can be quite effective as a deterrent, both when sprayed and used as a soil drench. Insecticidal soap is also a good insecticide I have used to control insect numbers as well and is not harsh on your plants when used in a reasonable quantity, which is more than I can say for most pyrethrum formulations and heavy doses of spinosad.

Despite the fact white fly seem to be a relatively migratory plant feeder you do need to consider the fact that they will lay eggs on the underside of your leaves and their offspring will worsen your problem.

Insects weaken the plant, which makes in turn makes it more susceptible to further insect infestation, white fly are an easy pest to identify due to their relatively large size, distinct appearance and the fact that they tend to buzz around your plant making their presence obvious. There may be several varieties of insects that are now having a feast on your plants, don't assume the damage is just from whitefly, check if there are any other kind of bugs on your plants and if there are take immediate action to control them.

Sticky traps for flying insects placed around your plants, regular application of neem oil or it's extracts and some insecticidal soap should help control insect populations fairly effectively, I would urge you to get on top of this problem now because you really want to be applying the minimal amount of insecticide to your plants once they begin flowering, which is likely to be anywhere from 2-4 weeks from now. You can probably get away with using soil drenches with neem or its extracts for 3 or 4 weeks into flower but even that might be pushing it.

When I was in late flower and still had an insect problem I started spraying insecticidal soap on my hands and then wiping it on the leaves, this way I managed to avoid getting any soap on the buds but it still helped control the problem.

I think they will flower soon because I have never seen a cannabis plant in mid to late February that wasn't flowering, cannabis flowers based on photoperiod and by that time of year the days are short enough that cannabis will flower unless it is not mature enough to, from memory a plant only needs 4-6 weeks before it is sexually mature which means unless you are planting in January your cannabis plant is highly likely to be flowering by Feb.

I don't know what April/May is like in QLD, but it can get pretty wet down here in Victoria and you have to be mindful of that, unless you have a greenhouse you really want your plants flowering in Feb to finish in March/April because you are likely to see considerable losses to mould due to rain and high humidity if your plants are finishing in May.

Last edited:
In my experience white flies are relatively hard to completely eliminate, I find most insects tend to be nesters but whitefly have large populations that migrate a lot and if you are in an unlucky location it doesn't matter what kind of pesticide regime you use there will always be some population of whitefly that passes over your plants for a quick feed regularly.

My best advice in regards to white fly is to mow your lawn often, they seem to enjoy long grass and their populations will build up if you don't maintain your yard. I have found a systemic organic insecticide like neem oil or its extracts (I tend to favour an extract called Eco-Neem) can be quite effective as a deterrent, both when sprayed and used as a soil drench. Insecticidal soap is also a good insecticide I have used to control insect numbers as well and is not harsh on your plants when used in a reasonable quantity, which is more than I can say for most pyrethrum formulations and heavy doses of spinosad.

Despite the fact white fly seem to be a relatively migratory plant feeder you do need to consider the fact that they will lay eggs on the underside of your leaves and their offspring will worsen your problem.

Insects weaken the plant, which makes in turn makes it more susceptible to further insect infestation, white fly are an easy pest to identify due to their relatively large size, distinct appearance and the fact that they tend to buzz around your plant making their presence obvious. There may be several varieties of insects that are now having a feast on your plants, don't assume the damage is just from whitefly, check if there are any other kind of bugs on your plants and if there are take immediate action to control them.

Sticky traps for flying insects placed around your plants, regular application of neem oil or it's extracts and some insecticidal soap should help control insect populations fairly effectively, I would urge you to get on top of this problem now because you really want to be applying the minimal amount of insecticide to your plants once they begin flowering, which is likely to be anywhere from 2-4 weeks from now. You can probably get away with using soil drenches with neem or its extracts for 3 or 4 weeks into flower but even that might be pushing it.

When I was in late flower and still had an insect problem I started spraying insecticidal soap on my hands and then wiping it on the leaves, this way I managed to avoid getting any soap on the buds but it still helped control the problem.

I think they will flower soon because I have never seen a cannabis plant in mid to late February that wasn't flowering, cannabis flowers based on photoperiod and by that time of year the days are short enough that cannabis will flower unless it is not mature enough to, from memory a plant only needs 4-6 weeks before it is sexually mature which means unless you are planting in January your cannabis plant is highly likely to be flowering by Feb.

I don't know what April/May is like in QLD, but it can get pretty wet down here in Victoria and you have to be mindful of that, unless you have a greenhouse you really want your plants flowering in Feb to finish in March/April because you are likely to see considerable losses to mould due to rain and high humidity if your plants are finishing in May.

I planted my seeds about 2 weeks after melbourne cup. Thought I was safe since I was always told the best time to put em in was just before melbourne cup. Back.in Brisbane the days are considerably shorter in summer. Dark around 7pm from memory. Not.to worry. I should get at least an ounce between the three fingers crossed. I'll get em.in earlier season.blood strains tho. The stink well nice and there isn't a sign of flowering yet

I feel like mid October is a pretty good time to start outdoors in Melbourne and have good prospect of growing relatively large plants without taking much risk that the plants will start to flower early, as they often seem to if planted out in early September, particularly if they were grown under CFL's for a couple weeks prior to that.

I find starting plants indoors under CFL's is preferable, you don't need very many watts or very much space to get a handful of plants started in this manner, it also gives you the option to keep a mother to take cuts from every year if you find a plant that you particularly enjoy.

I am not familiar with blood strains, unless you mean TGA strains that have bloodwreck in their lineage like Chernobyl and Timewreck? Branded genetics are definitely the way to go in my experience, bag seed is a helluva lot better than nothing but no bag seed I have grown or seen grown can hold a candle to some of the branded weed that myself and others I know have grown.

Sorry for the confusion, I ment good not blood. The bigger plants are ment to be northern lights and the small one is just bag seed. Not sure if he was speaking truth.

Drug Mentor has mentioned Neem oil products but my 5 cents: Neem oil products are excellent. Just ensure not to use 3-4 weeks prior to harvest. Of course outdoor growers still have a few months to go.

Just curiosity... Indoor nutrient irrigation coolant/refrigeration units, any suggestions? With or without? In the past I've just used a automated irrigation system on timers with nutrient stored in large container using an fish tank pump for oxygenation. Had bio-organic nutrient with beneficial bacteria and fungi. Thing is after a day or two the nutrient feed would become like a microscopic rain forest.

Didn't negatively effect the plants, if anything the growth was a tad uncontrollable, especially one large Sativa dominant plant... The nutrient reservoir never got supper hot and it was well oxygenated when not running to the plants, It was in the grow room so it did get warm but it was well ventilated. Just ended up replacing the nutrient feed more often lol. Even when I ran H20 (flush) after cleaning the reservoir I ended up changing the water and cleaning again because there was some sludge forming the second day. Was fine after that.

Friend has some Deathstar, IDK apparently been around a few years? Goes well with the Skywalker strain I'm told lol. IDK maybe some selective inbreeding followed by generations of clones. :)

Last edited:
Here is a progress shot. The bigger plants are healthy as can be. Still have a bit of a bug problem but not as bad as it was. No sign of bud yet which is a great sign. Can't say much for my little pal on the end tho. He seems like a lost cause unfortunately. Just going to rip him out and give him a decent burial. Have tried pretty much everything
http://imgur.com/GAfVsHx

Grow lights. Are LED lights any good? I was thinking about growing medical marijuana and worried about cost and heat issues (also living in a small one bedroom apt). There doesn't seem to be much info I can find on having good results with led lights. What are some of the color spectrums I should look for in LED grow lights, and should I be looking at only full spectrum LED lights as well? I don't have much to spend. I'll have a little bit to spend when my income tax comes in. But I can't buy these high priced ones. Has any one had a lot of success with LED's and if so, what are some rec. for low to mid priced names and color spectrums of good LED grow lights? I am not growing much. Just starting out with one plant to learn. Then maybe building up to 2-4 maybe up to 6 depending on the sucess and how much yeild I will/would get. I am a beginer at growing. This will be my first time ever growing anything. Any and all advice will help.

Hey there! LEDs are good, probably the best overall. Compared to other types of light, LEDs do seem a little more expensive at first (though for me it's not really high), but in the long run, it'll save you a lot on electricity bills. Some LED Grow Lights I know (https://lovebackyard.com/led-grow-lights/) almost have full-spectrum or focus on red and blue light. Just search on Google, you'll see lots of cases when people succeeded with their growing using LED light.

Last edited:
Hey there! LEDs are good, probably the best overall. Compared to other types of light, LEDs do seem a little more expensive at first (though I think it's not really high, can opt for a good one with about $70), but in the long run, it'll save you a lot on electricity bills. Some LED Grow Lights I know almost have full-spectrum or focus on red and blue light. Just search on Google, you'll see lots of cases when people succeeded with their growing using LED light.

Hi. Welcome to Bluelight. We aren't allowed to post prices here so your post will be modified.

LED's are great if you want to grow popcorn bud quality.