• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Cannabis Discussion Thread Version 2

Well actually there is a strain called skunk red hair. Did you even bother to check? Google it. That's just commercial weed with a strain name attached. I believe it, I trust the source. (Direct from Grower)

How can you tell if its pumped with PGRs?

Yeah I used to tell people fake strains too, makes it more fun to brag to mates.

The density of the bud and the unnatural abundance of orange hairs is a tell tail sign PGRs were used to get a heavier weight. I'm sure you're happy with it bro, that's the main thing.

Ask the grower if he used PGRs, I can guarantee he'll say naaaaah.

Buds that have had PGRs put through them end up full of red hairs, no real crystal production, you can't even see the calyx's(which should be swollen and stand out more then the hairs) on most of the buds. PGRed bud also has a typical look to it, it's hard to explain..but after you've dealt with many different types of weed and growth chemicles, if you get PGRed bud you know it.

It's not just the looks. The lack of taste, smell, high, and the lack of stickiness are clear signs of PGR use. The highs also tend to be much more mellow, and there's not too much mind effect. It's more of a body sedation.

I should add nearly all commercial weed in Australia is grown with these chemicles. It's a huge shame, as many people have never even tried a quality non PGRed bud in their life.

Sorry ill play njce.

I didn't say it was anything special. But yeah, I'm happy with it as its the best I can get and it gets me high.

The buds aren't dense at all. I just weighed what was there and it's 5.6grams. What I don't understand if the goal is to use PGRs to increase weight, why sell weed that's actually been dried properly.

Thanks for having the maturity to treat me with respect FA. I appreciate the information. Yeah, there is a definite lack of trichomes in this weed and I did think the red hairs were a bit ridiculous. Mate you'd be depressed by what I had the week before. That stuff even I knew had PGRs.

Looking at the big bud it does kinda look a bit freakish and overly swollen?

So I guess I've made friends with a bunch of commercial growers. Fuck. Oh well at least there are some advantages like getting dry weed. I've got white widow seeds germinating now, so that's good. Got them from Silk Road. Much better option then importing them IMO. Well, easier anyway,

There are some growers who properly dry their harvests out even though they use PGR. You do make a good point tbph as the goal is maximum profit, I couldn't give you a definite answer though. The difference in quality is pretty massive when you compare a proper dry bud to a bud that's still damp/wet, maybe certain growers take pride in there end product, even if they did run poisons through them throughout flower.

Where the widow beans sent in original packaging Oxy?

And are you growing indoors or out? Regardless what you'll grow (if there nice and healthy at harvest) will shit all over the commercial stuff going around. Can you say, sticky, smelly crystals . Yumm ;)

Hey RaveOne thanks for the info, when I asked about height though I was asking about the height of the plants. Also, do you happen to know the litre size of the pot you grew in?

I can't say I cure my weed since I haven't grown any, I do keep my stash in airtight jars and on occasion have picked up a slightly damp batch that after a couple weeks of storing with a quick daily burp has definately improved noticeably, not to the point of being anything special but still nice.

Oxy I could hypothesise that the reason people would pump PGR's into bud to add weight but still dry it is basically because anyone, virtually regardless of their level of expertise, can tell if bud is wet and it is common sense one should not be paying weed prices for water. A lot less people are educated on PGR's or can tell when they have been added and so it is easier to get away with. There also is a risk of mold if you have wet weed for too long and moldy weed is pretty much unsellable (except to idiots) so it is a lot safer just to use the PGRs.

Using SR to source seeds is an interesting idea, a guy I worked with until recently was a fan of Silk Road and he showed me some photos of some kind of kush he grew out from seeds he got on there, I forgot to ask if it came in a breeder pack but from spending a LOT of my time in recent months looking at grow reports for a wide variety of strains I can say that it had the very typical kush/afghani look. If I was going to go through SR I would really insist on a breeder pack, without that you are as well to just grow out bag seed as there is a high liklihood that is what you got sold on SR if it isn't in the pack.

Last edited:
drug_mentor said:
Oxy I could hypothesise that the reason people would pump PGR's into bud to add weight but still dry it is basically because anyone, virtually regardless of their level of expertise, can tell if bud is wet and it is common sense one should not be paying weed prices for water. k.
That's a great point.

Unfortunately though a lot of people I know don't even know when weed is wet.. If its wet, when you chop it up it will stick together..people think this is just signs of sticky bud. I know of a guy who gets flowers round to people, and his buds are ALWAYS damp. He buys it wet, through the bikes apparently(wont go into detail) and everyone who smokes this weed he's getting never complain, like I said..people from what I've seen, honestly don't know a wet bud from a dry bud.

Wow that skunk looks dank, haven't got many photos i can post up without showing to much of my house etc sorry.

Although heres an even older photo of a green house seeds version of jack herer, its only had a quick trim and was taken straight after i chopped her.

NSFW:
IVtJG.jpg

She was tall and poking over the fence so i had to try tie her down a bit haha, got 2.5 oz from the top cola alone the buds were very dense.
It wasnt bad smoke either but no where near others i have grown. she was an excellent producer though. got just under a pound from one LOL after that year i started them later and kept them smaller to keep the mrs and the neighbours happy.

Nice tail there my friend. I have a few seeds I have been holding on to that I will be popping in the ground in October/ November. Can't wait!! Haven't grown in a good 5-6 years. Strain i have is unknown just some regular bush buds.

Buds that have had PGRs put through them end up full of red hairs, no real crystal production, you can't even see the calyx's(which should be swollen and stand out more then the hairs) on most of the buds. PGRed bud also has a typical look to it, it's hard to explain..but after you've dealt with many different types of weed and growth chemicles, if you get PGRed bud you know it.

It's not just the looks. The lack of taste, smell, high, and the lack of stickiness are clear signs of PGR use. The highs also tend to be much more mellow, and there's not too much mind effect. It's more of a body sedation.

I should add nearly all commercial weed in Australia is grown with these chemicles. It's a huge shame, as many people have never even tried a quality non PGRed bud in their life.

Care to share the name of the products to stay away from? I have very little experience with Plant Growth Regulators but I have yet to see any listed on the nutes or additives that I have used. Its a shame there isnt more info out there.
Presently I use BioCanna I cant see it getting organic certification while containing PGRs (at least I hope not)

Actually, I'm not convinced there are any PGRs in the skunk. FA, would you mind checking google images for it? There are just as many red hairs on bud in the photo of the RIU review. I would even say the buds look almost identical.

The seedbanks photos shows a mature plant covered in Orange buds. There are a few green leaves, but that's about it.

Photos of other strains of indica heavy skunks show buds similar to the largest in my photo.

Further, here is another seedbanks description of the strain:

"The flower clusters of this seed-strain are composed of fat, tightly packed calyxes which sprout long, thick pistils. Due to the masses of pistils, mature buds usually look more orange than green. Skunk Red Hair is vigorous at all stages of cultivation and gains more height in flowering than a pure Indica."

And I've checked the buds with a torch as my house is very dark being in the rainforest and on areas of the bud not covered in pistils there is a nice amount of trichomes. Trichomes cover the entire length of the stem, something I've noticed to be missing in bad weed.

I would appreciate people's opinions on this. Especially yours FA, you seem to be more knowledgeable than most on the subject.

Is there anyway to really tell? I used to smoke a shitload of funky hydro shit that was apparently from Adelaide and some from Sydney in what I gather were commercial operations and it did make me a little crazy and lazy and broke and addicted, although it was nice at the time, I look back now and think I was pretty stupid smoking so much of it for so long. Now days I prefer to stick to some bush buds every now and then, although hydro still comes up every now and then too, but I just dont generally smoke much anymore, maybe a few ounces a year if that. Moving away from the city and my contacts with that commercially grown hydro was good for me.

Care to share the name of the products to stay away from? I have very little experience with Plant Growth Regulators but I have yet to see any listed on the nutes or additives that I have used. Its a shame there isnt more info out there.
Presently I use BioCanna I cant see it getting organic certification while containing PGRs (at least I hope not)
I know rock juice and superbud are both commonly used PGRs for growing weed and they give the buds that distinguished look i was talking about.I had a friend use an organic PGR once, I think the chemicle came from Dutch master. Anyway, he didn't use it the whole flower, but the last 4 weeks or so. His flowers turned out a lot better then all the commercial non organic PGRed weed. From what I saw there is MASSIVE difference in quality of bud when using organic PGR compared to non-organic.

Basically PGRs are just poisonous steroids. But it seems the non organic ones are what are used in the commercial market mostly from what I have seen and experienced.

I did a google search mate, and if your referring to this photo http://www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=cr#fp=73526b9919415bd&q=skunk+red+hair&biv=i|0;d|BqtOaA0p3jua0M: that's had PGR put through it, no doubt about it. Cannabis that hasn't had PGR put through it NEVER looks like this. That's just a ball of orange hairs. Again, you need to grow your own and then compare that to the buds you usually buy and you'll understand exactly what I'm getting at.

Edit. Here, apparently these are both skunk red hair. http://www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=cr#fp=73526b9919415bd&q=skunk+red+hair&biv=i|3;d|Fuw9bI0p1ONzSM:. first photo is quality buds that have been treated right and haven't been PGRed. Notice the swelling of the calyxs I was talking about on the previous page, and you can barely even notice the hairs. http://www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=cr#fp=73526b9919415bd&q=skunk+red+hair&biv=i|0;d|BqtOaA0p3jua0M: this is the same photo I posted beginning of my post, you see the difference? In the first photo you can actually see green, and the clear calyxs, the buds them selves..the second, you can only see about 20% of the calyxs which haven't swollen up like the previous picture. They don't swell up because the PGRs effectively stunt their growth. This is why the buds have so many red hairs on them, simply because the calyx never had the chance to swell up like they normally would(and every calyx produces 2 hairs or pistols.) if the calyxs weren't stunted you would be seeing a lot more green in your buds, along with crystals.

Which seed bank are you looking at? I saw nirvana RHS but the end version of what they grow looks very different from the pictures just posted and the ones you've posted up. I have a feeling, that someone has just taken a photo of some PGRed bud, put a name to it that resembles its looks, then put it online.

Even the crappest weed can still have the tiniest amount of trichomes. But I'm simply comparing PGR bud to non PGR bud, and when you compare them both you'll see the difference in crystal production is quite amazing.

Sorry if I'm rambling on a bit, hope I'm making enough sense for you guys to understand. Still a bit spaced out from some meth that entered my system 12 hours ago.

Last edited:
I was curious about this stuff. There once was a time when I could only get PGR'd bud, but I didn't know what they were doing to it. I was under the impression that the weed was really old or cured wrong. But with all this PGR talk, it makes sense to me now.

Fairly dried, nearly greyish color stem, doesent smell like weed at all.

^Yeh mate the stems always seem to be grey, and the structure of the stems themselves are a give away as each node is very close together (this comes from no stretch, PGR stops the stretch and focuses on tight compact growth). And as you say they don't even smell like buds(until you start chopping)