• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Cannabis Discussion Thread Version 2

Depends on the genetics. Indicas will go into flower if planted before the end of september/start of october but sativas you can start earlier. But yeah if you leave the spring flowering ones they will reveg in summer then reflower in autumn.
Also you can grow through winter in some of the southern states of Australia but the plants will be small and leafy and sometimes black. Wont be as potent as summer or taste as good but you can do it as far south as 32S not sure about Melbourne or Hobart but I reckon Sydney, Perth and Adelaide would work. I've even seen some pics of NZ winter buds but I think the guy had them under glass.

It prevents them from prematurely blowing their load during an unseasonal warm spell in winter.

Would you suggest having sex outside for patients suffering from PE?

Spring isn't too far away, I wouldn't bother planting anything until the days start to get warmer myself.

I have a question. I suppose it could be considered lazy but I have actually done my research on strains especially after being inspired by DM. I just can't choose though. I mean descriptions and grow threads are great, but I haven't tried the bud!

So, if you could order only THREE strains and only make one order, EVER. What would you choose?

Barneys pineapple chunk
Jack herer
Green Crack

I bought an oz of skunk redhair yesterday. Very cool. I'd heard a lot about it from some older mates as it was apparently very popular in the 80s. It's not super strong at 12-15% thc but it does provide a nice, uplifting high. You can smoke it in the morning and do shit as well as have it at night to sleep. It has been cured really well too. Its the first skunk Ive had and the taste is SO florally. Through the vaporizer it tastes like (regular) flower petals. Ill see if I can upload a pic from my phone.

Last edited:
^ ATM I would probably say LA Confidential, Blueberry followed either by Bubblegum or some sativa dominant skunk strain. Net has been down for the last week or I probably would have some new ideas that I didn't last week haha. Might have to forego my plans to grab such genetics this year due to finances and some other issues, turns out a better variety of seeds have become available locally than I anticipated though.

Picked up some absolute fucking fire from a new source the other day, was a touch more than I am used to paying and actually weighed up a little short which is pretty frustrating. The guy has said he will fix it up but that remains to be seen. Absolutely killer smoke though, soon as I pop the lid off the jar the whole room is instantly filled with a sort of grapefruity skunky smell and I haven't seen shit this sticky in a good while despite picking up chronic sacks on a very consistent basis for a while now.

I have never used a vape myself, would be very curious to give one a go. Lately I am really having trouble with smoking, I should really grab ventolin or some shit because I got diagnosed with asthma a few years ago and have never treated it in any way. I think the garage I am sleeping in must have mould that aggravates my asthma though, because smoking other places it seems significantly less bad. Either way, I am becoming increasingly curious of vapes because of how uncomfortable smoking as much as I do on a daily basis is becoming. I do have pretty strong suspicions that I would be one of those who didn't really like them but you don't know until you try.

^ if your a daily bong user you have to be real committed to make the swap from bong to vape.

Maybe put up with a few unsatisfied evenings. It's just the tobacco rush that your missing, and that might not sound like much, but if it's something you've been used to for years it can be a hard rush to say goodbye to.

Been using a vape the last few days, I forgot how slow the high can take to build up with vapes. So I vaped a bag full, then went down the street, by the time I hit the supermarket I was trashed.

Last edited:
Glad to hear that you're enjoying your new vape Captain Brewster. Yeah the high does take a while to build up which can be pretty frustrating sometimes. Thankfully it's really the only issue I have with vapes. I can get a lot higher with them than I could with bongs.

I have asthma too DM. I could NOT smoke spun cones at all. Even with just straight green I had a lot of problems coughing. Off of one hit I would literally cough nonstop for 2 or 3 minutes. VERY embarrassing when smoking with other people. When I smoked a lot I would constantly wake up at night with problems breathing. It was fucked and had got to the point where it was no longer worth getting high. A very sad day.

Anyway when I got my vape I have to say I was a little disjointed with the high. I had read about how vapes extracted so much more thc so I was expecting to be BLOWN away... I wasn't lol. I did get pretty high though and I wasn't bothered by the different feeling buzz. After a couple of days, I was reaching hyperspace whenever I vaped.

What state are you in DM?

VB, can we please be Bluelight Buddy's? I want to ask you some questions about a certain seed bank and their strains. Thanks very much mate.

Captain Brewster, although I do smoke a mix through bongs and I know I would miss that at first, I am looking at picking up a glass on glass piece and hopefully eliminating the spin anyway. I have some friends who pretty much wont smoke weed if they don't have a ciggy to mix with it, complaining it doesn't give them the same "hit", to an extent I know what they mean but for me while I prefer to spin if it is not an option I will still get high. I more mean I have read a fair bit about the high just being different and a lot of heavier smokers don't seem to enjoy it.

It is funny I never had asthma as a kid, as recently as 4 or 5 years ago I had a reputation in my circle of friends for having pretty much iron lungs. Could rip fucking massive cones until the cows came home and very often did just that. I remember a few years ago I was having serious chest problems and I went and saw a doctor and he diagnosed me with asthma at the time and said it was likely caused by my heavy smoking over the years. (The chest problems at that time weren't just asthma though) It has been a few years and I have just never really followed up on any treatment for it, honestly until fairly recently it never was a very big issue and I could still smoke pretty heavily, the last 6-10 months though have just been a killer at times, especially if I have a bit of a cold as well. It isn't so bad at mates houses, but at home in my garage it is shocking. I am pretty sure I am being exposed to mold spores out there but I don't have much option as I have nowhere else to live. I know a vape would help with these issues but I also wonder if investigating some way of eliminating or reducing mold in my immediate environment as well as getting some treatment for my asthma might give me a more satisfying outcome than a vape.

I am in Victoria Oxy.

Do you smoke cigs DM?

Sounds like you need a shitload of calcium carbonate in your garage, absorbed some of that mouldy moisture.

I do smoke cigs but not heavily at all, plenty of days the only tobacco I will smoke is the cigarette I mix with my weed and smoke through bongs and maybe a pinch of rolly tobacco in a joint earlier in the evening.

Yeah I should really of looked up solutions to this ages ago, really it is just a theory but it makes perfect sense. Especially when you bear in mind half the garage is carpeted and it did flood a year or two ago during some heavy ass rains, plus theres like hundreds of empty alcohol bottles in one corner and a lot of them you can see shit has turned in the bottom... Fuck I really need to find a new place to live, living in a dingy ass garage at 23 years old sure is tiresome and unhealthy.

I feel for ya dude hey. It's a crappy situation. Man if you're inhaling mood spores I think you're right, that would explain a lot. Especially if you're not experiencing the same thing when you smoke elsewhere.

I reckon you should give the vapes a go though mate. I guess if you spin ya weed the transition is going to be that much harder though. If you wanna go down the vape road, let me know.

Did you try the volcanos when you were in Amsterdam? What did you think of them?

Hahahaha poor DM. A garage must suck. When I left the RAAF I lived in a Caravan while I saved for a house. It was really old and it fucking leaked. Living in it during monsoon season in Darwin was FUCKED lmao. Water used to piss down from the roof onto my bed, soaking my sheets and my quilt. Argh, it was so gross going to sleep in wet and oh so cold bed clothes.

Last edited:
I do smoke cigs but not heavily at all, plenty of days the only tobacco I will smoke is the cigarette I mix with my weed and smoke through bongs and maybe a pinch of rolly tobacco in a joint earlier in the evening.

Very similar to my nicotine habit.

I think if my boss let me take the bong to work I'd never smoke a cig again.

Just to add, I got myself off taylors years ago, only use rolling tobacco, for bongs and ciggs. I don't know if it's placebo, but I have felt a lot better since. Don't get cotten-mouth anymore and feel less dehydrated whilst smoking.

^ Funny, I just switched from tailors to rollies a couple months ago, for financial reasons. Only in terms of cigarette smoking though, I manage to scab/swap rollies for enough tailors to get me by and to this day I haven't had to resort to using my rolly tobacco in a mix. I have had to use rolling tobacco for cones in the past and remember being pretty unimpressed by it, which is a large part of the reason I am apprehensive to do it again. It might be worth a crack though, last night I actually smoked my first tailor since I have been buying pouches and I have to admit I didn't find it particularly satisfying, that said, it was weaker than my usual brand which could explain why.

I have had to use rolling tobacco for cones in the past and remember being pretty unimpressed by it, which is a large part of the reason I am apprehensive to do it again.

Yeah same, I've done it when desperate but I generally found it damper and not as nice tasting as tailors in the mix.

How much spin do you guys use? I don't think I ever got the ratio right, it was so harsh.

B

The switch from taylors to rolling tobacco wasen't a big deal for me, mainly because I'll only do a 4:1 or 3:1 ratio of weed:tobacco. And generally only smoke cigs when I'm out and can't smoke/vape green.

And at the time I had some undiagnosed health issues, realistically I should have stopped using everything. But at that, and this stage in life, I (and many others) wouldn't want to be near me if I stuck to that.

I never used to add spin at all. I have been recently though just because I've developed a taste for tobacco in general. I cant stand the taste of tailor mades. Manitou organic rolling tobacco all the way. Give it a go the shit is awesome.

Sounds interesting, I like the 'organic' part of it, might boost the placebo feeling I was posting about earlier, lol.

Only problem is, the most exotic tobacco I can get locally is one flavour of Port Royal. Next from that is Champ Ruby.

EDIT: Reading this thread gets me in the mood for a bag of vapour, yeh.

Last edited:
Ill join ya on the vape dude. Got my SSV out again, love it.

So you preferring the bags to the whip? I didn't use the whip for months when I got it lol.

Thanks for bringing up Manitou justsayknow. I've wanted to try it since hearing about it when I was in the nuthouse. (Stay away from speed, stick with weed :p) i had forgotten the name though. I think it's like a protection mechanism lol. That place was a fucking hole. DIRTY like you wouldn't believe. Cigarettes everywhere, ash trays dumped upside down on the chairs so people could roll dumpers. (made me sad, i gave them smokes when i saw that shit)

The place is full of really scary and violent people. I saw someones leg get broken, I saw a wooden table smashed over someones head so hard it splintered, saw a recliner break over someones head, saw some get stabbed with a butter knife, saw a lady in her 70s get beaten up by a young bloke. (yeah i intervened) and my favourite: a billiard ball thrown at someones head, splitting it open.

All that in 15 days and 7 hours. Holy fuck its enough to make someone psychotic.

Oh, that's right I was talking about tobacco. Anyway off to the tobacconist tomorrow!

Sorry if I've been talking shit. Managed to get a few boxes of Oxys this week so yeah.

Last edited:
Ill join ya on the vape dude. Got my SSV out again, love it.

So you preferring the bags to the whip? I didn't use the whip for months when I got it lol.

^ loving trying to fit as much in a bag as possible, standing up taking HUGE inhales, holding in for as long as I can (it's very easy due to how smooth the vapour is). I've used the whip a few times, but still I'm like a kid enjoying the novelty of a bag :)

I did have a vaporite for a year or so, just a box/whip thing, done the job.

I think I'll eventually just use the whip, and pull the bag out on occasions/when friends are around.

Last edited:
Hahaha, that's awesome dude. Don't pass out, that happened to me doing the same thing. It was pretty fucking cool though, for a few seconds it was literally like an acid trip, awesome, sexy visuals and then lights out hehe.

Yeah I'm big fan of the whip now. I find it a bit more economical and fun. Kinda like fishing. Trolling vs casting. How's that for random. Friends find the whip hard to use and burn the weed so I do exactly as you say and bring the 'cano out for friends. That's got far more street cred than my SSV which no ones heard of anyway.