• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Cannabis Discussion Thread Version 2

They use PGR's on all kinds of shit. Probably that apple you ate this morning was packed full of them.
Not saying its a good thing but they do allow them on food products. Couldn't say about smoking products though.

I think the point is that these grow solutions are using particular PGRs that HAVE been banned in food crops/.

I haven't grown or smoked for a couple of years.

I live in SA where laws where so good I paid my way through Uni, now we're the hardest fuckers out.

Planted a plant from seed 2 weeks ago - 4 leaves now - (seeds from a country famous for dope and guaranteed female). My smoking habits would enable an oz to last a year.

Is planting so late going to affect the plant, it is outside in full sun, or can I just expect a small plant with really excellent buds? Nobody is allowed to use the word hermaphrodite.

I have only ever grown hydro before. (10 hydro plants = $120 parking ticket...sigh).

@dr phibes.. You'll be lucky to get over 7 grams starting this late IMO. Plants are starting to flower right now.

Plants are starting to flower right now.

Yeah, i just had a look at my plant and looks like I can see the smallest of white hairs starting to come out now. And loads of bottom leaves are yellowing. I really hope it's a female and not a hermi.

Planted a plant from seed 2 weeks ago - 4 leaves now - (seeds from a country famous for dope and guaranteed female). My smoking habits would enable an oz to last a year.

Usually seed plants hold off for a while before flowering but it really depends on the genetics. Some strains are more prone to flower early in which case you will get very little yield. My Sativa dominant plant doesnt have much in the way of flowers right now where as the pure Indica has pistils and calyxes every where and almost ripe seeds on the parts that have been pollinated.

Most likely it will go at least a few more weeks if not more than a month before flowering. That figure of 7g sounds like a decent guess for out of season plants. Any where between 5-20 in my experience but you may be luckier than I

Maybe more towards the end of April? Yeah choppers have been around alot recently.

People harvest from mid February untill late April where I'm located (East Aus). Depending on where it's planted, sunlight direction, type of strain, when the seed was planted. Depends on a lot of things I guess.
Also noticed more air traffic over the last few weeks ?

I have only ever known people to harvest in April, I suppose if it was a really quick finisher late March may be possible, and longer flowering sativas could go into May.

What are peoples thoughts on flushing before harvest? I had intended this whole season to do a flush but now that time is approaching the more reading I do on the subject the more confused I am about whether it is even worthwhile. On one hand a lot of people are saying it is pointless and in some cases can actually be bad for the plant, on the other a lot of people also say if you don't do it your buds will taste shitty. Obviously I want the best tasting buds I can have, I just don't want to put my plants through a potential stress if there is no actual benefit to doing so.

Can't not flushing have a negative impact the effects of consuming the weed in question?
Like, increase anxiety and that sort of thing?
It's not my area of knowledge; and I'm not sure if you're talking hydroponics or soil/outdoor?
I thought it was 'the done thing' by growers in the know - bit like I say, I'm not one of them unfortunately.

Last edited:
I should clarify I am growing in soil not hydro, outdoors and as far as I know all the nutrients I have used are organic.

I have read that consuming weed that hasn't been flushed can be bad for you, as apparently N or P can be left in the end product which isn't healthy to smoke. That said, there are many people out there claiming that flushing is totally pointless, and that it can actually hurt your yield and stress the plant. I have always just taken it as a given that you are supposed to flush your weed, but now I am towards the end stage of my first grow and doing a bit more in depth reading on the reasons for and against doing so, a lot of the suggestions made by those saying not to bother make quite a bit of sense.

Trust me, I am in no way trying to take a short cut, I am not lazy when it comes to growing cannabis and have went to a lot of effort this year to ensure that pretty much every fathomable aspect of my grow went as well as possible. I just don't want to flush my plants with a shitload of water if there is no good reason for doing so and especially not if it may be detrimental.

When I think of the fact that people have been growing and consuming cannabis for thousands of years I have to wonder just how many of those years people never even heard of or bothered with a flush, I would guess there is a strong likelihood that it would be the majority of that time. Assuming that is correct I have to think that unflushed weed can't be too bad for people to smoke.

The truth is I will probably end up flushing because I would just be devastated after all this effort for my buds to come out tasting like shite, but I am eager to hear the opinions of those who have more experience than I do on this matter.

^ I think - in regard to the history question - it would have only have become an issue since the advent of concentrated fertilisers.
Having said this; and this is only a hunch from someone that doesn't really know a lot about growing pot - I have always been under the impression that the 'flush before harvest' thing applied mostly to hydroponic grow ops.
I imagine the absorbtion of fertilisers through soil - as opposed to hydro set-ups - would make a difference in the plant's absorbtion - and flushing - of nutrients; so your conclusions make sense (to me, at least).
I know there are some knowledgable growers on here that can surely confirm or contradict this.

IMO drying/curing your buds properly is equally as important for a pleasant tasting yield.
Buying poorly dried buds is a major pet-hate of mine.

The more you put into your plant, the more it will give you.
Plants should never sit in water as the roots can rot.

From my understanding, the purpose for flushing is this: a plant will absorb different minerals/foods at different rates, so after a while A+B might be clearing normal but each time there is some C left over and it builds up.
The issue with this is interactions between what you're feeding your plant. Not only can your plant be getting insufficient nutrients through not enough of one thing, it can also happen from too much of something.

If you're an experienced grower and confident in your nutrient levels, flushing isn't necessary. If you're still figuring out new things, you should flush much more frequently than before cutting. For example when you change nutrient levels, such as veging or flowering, and definitely if you notice a nutrient imbalance.

Flushing before cropping is good, if there are excess nutrients in the soil it will affect the taste.
If you've been growing for a decade, chances are there isn't a lot of excess nutrient in the soil when it comes to harvest time.

From your posts, I'd recommend you give them a flush.

drug_mentor said:
I should clarify I am growing in soil not hydro, outdoors and as far as I know all the nutrients I have used are organic.

From fairly extensive research on growing organic in a soil/substrate system, I have found that it seems that there is not much point to flushing your crop- if the substrate and nutrients are 100% organic, you haven't gone overboard with the nutes, you haven't used any booster product, and you don't have an excess of Nitrogen in the soil, then you should be all sweet with the usual nutrient regime, all the way up to 24 hours before harvest. I have read that flushing an organic setup may even remove a large portion of flavour.

I cannot find the excellent organic grow tek that provided this info for me, which is a bummer for it is a really good one and you would have enjoyed it too.

On a similar note, leaching your organic soil substrate every now and then(2 to 6 weeksish) is recommended.

Cops recently stormed my friends shop where she sells the best Bongs and smokeware available in sydney..
It sucks because she has an amazing collection of glassware and has been doing it for like 6 years now.. Why the fuckkk? :(

^ Let us know what happens, did they confiscate all the stuff? Has she been charged?

That sux.