• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What Pain Med Should I Choose?/Do Opana IR's gel up?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxy Moronic

Greenlighter
Hey what's up guys I'm a long-time reader of bluelight and I finally decided to join. This is my first post btw so if I f*cked up on anything I'm sorry. Currently I am in pain management for osteogenesis Imperfecta (brittle bone disease) and the 12 failed reconstructions of bilateral Clubfeet needless to say I'm in a hell of a lot of pain everyday, and I'm only in my mid-twenties. 8( . Alright now that that's over with, I had a couple questions, I just changed pain mgmt doctors and my doctor asked me what I want? I told him to just keep me on what I was getting before which was 120mg of Oxycodone ir. The main reason I kept this unchanged was for insurance purposes but now I am rethinking my decision. The doctor won't increase this anymore but he'll let me change it to an equivalent dose of whatever I want.
SO what do u guys think I should get? Keep in mind this is for pain mgmt not recreational, although sometimes I catch a slight buzz from the meds haha.

BY THE WAY - I'll be taking the Pain Medicine orally so please keep that in mind!

ALSO I was thinking about oxymorphone since its insufflation B/A is 4x higher than its oral B/A. Even though I don't ever snort anything if it means I'd have 4x more pain meds than before it might change my mind.

If I did change it to oxymorphone (opana) *IR* I want to know, Do the 5 or 10 mg IR's gel up??

Thanks to all u guys in advance for your responses!

Last edited:
Please can someone help me? I really would appreciate it. So many people viewed this thread yet no one replied! haha damn...

We are not doctors and I'm pretty sure this thread will be closed because people have gone over this a thousand time. So you can use the search engine. I guess I'll give you my 2 cents. Oxycodone is amazing as a pain medicine, it lasts long enough, it's effective, and it's very strong orally. Opana is nice but it isn't any better of a pain med. I'm not sure your question though, are you asking if the Opana's gel up as in turn to gel when you try to use them recreationally? Or are you saying gel up as in are they any good? Just stick to the oxycodone, it really is the most effective pain med imho.

Also, why do you care about being able to snort them? In case you want more, you can snort them? That's just asking for trouble.

My bad. I couldnt find answers to my questions in the threads thats all. Yea I know snorting is askin for trouble but I was sayin that if the bioavailability of snorting a drug is 4x higher than taking the pill orally I might be tempted to switch to them (opana) since my pain doc won't INCREASE my meds anymore.

On the gel up question yes, I was asking if the Opana *IR's* gel up when u snort them.
Thanks for replying to me though, I'll probably stick with the oxys but I was just wondering.

More Importantly if Someone Had the Chance to Pick their Pain Med What Would They Choose?!?!

Last edited:
Omg dude UseTheFrigginSearchEngine.. We have a whole Mega Pain Management thread. And how the hell is someone suppose to know what drugs you want to do? Really this thread is pointless.

Google -> Opana IR (insert brand here) gel

End discussion.

I finally found out about the opanas no help from BL or from you faggot. And "How the hell is someone supposed to know what drugs you want to do?" I don't want to just do drugs you fucking retard read my goddamn post again, I want pain relief.

What I fuckin said was:
FIRST POST: The doctor won't increase this anymore but he'll let me change it to an equivalent dose of whatever I want. SO what do u guys think I should get? Keep in mind this is for pain mgmt not recreational"

SECOND POST:
"More Importantly if Someone Had the Chance to Pick their PAIN Med What Would They Choose?!?!"

If you have nothing to contribute just shut your fucking mouth.
You keep acting like a bitch I'm gonna treat you like a bitch.

End Discussion. haha

Last edited:
FIRST POST: The doctor won't increase this anymore but he'll let me change it to an equivalent dose of whatever I want. SO what do u guys think I should get? Keep in mind this is for pain mgmt not recreational"

First of all, we don't reccomend medications for people here on Bluelight. Ask your doctor.

Ask your doctor.

Ask your doctor.

SECOND POST:
If you have nothing to contribute just shut your fucking mouth.
You keep acting like a bitch I'm gonna treat you like a bitch.

End Discussion. haha

Rude posts will get you nowhere. Ask your doctor if Opana IR will gel up when you snort it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.