• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

I think my neighbor is smoking meth

calling the cops would be fucking low. surely there are other avenues to try before stooping to that level.

Like climbing onto her balcony you mean?

Yeah and if she had called the cops then it would be one thing (although honestly, I have caught people on my property before and sometimes there is a reason, I never felt a need to call the cops apart from the one time someone broke IN to my place of residence). Calling the cops however long later because a bunch of people on the internet told you it is a good idea is a completely different story. I mean climbing onto somebodies balcony is hardly the worst sign of aggression or bad intentions, how many Bluelighters can honestly say they have never technically trespassed and I bet none of those occassions had some evil motive so give me a break, the OP's boyfriend explained that was inappropriate and he hasn't done it again has he.

It is just a bit weird to me how on the one hand if someone outside the site snitches they get endless condemnation from Bluelighters but a poster on here has some honestly paranoid ideas about one of their neighbours and half the responses are call the cops, that isn't very consistent.

There is a lot of assumptions being made about this guy and I am just saying that the odds favour the likelihood that he is a mentally ill guy, probably down on his luck who likes to drink a bit too much over him being some kind of psycho like everybody wants to assume immediately. I am not saying that is an ideal neighbour but these people do have to live somewhere and it isn't really fair to persecute them over a couple, mostly arbitrary things. I will concede that to a female who lives alone a relatively strange male climbing onto her balcony is probably quite far from arbitrary, but I would point out that she obviously wasn't threatened enough by this to call the cops immediately, rather she subsequently allows him to enter her premises where her boyfriend gives him a lift THEN sleeps on it before taking it to the trusty internet to see what people have to say, this is not the reaction of somebody who truly feels they could be in danger, not in my view anyway.

Last edited:
I never once said in no circumstances should she call the police, I am just surprised that at THIS point several people are suggesting that as the best course of action. What else is a woman supposed to do if some guy is threatening her? The police are supposed to be there to protect the public you might as well utilise them for this purpose on the rare occassion you are able and it is warranted.

There is a difference between calling the police on somebody who has directly fucking threatened you, and calling the cops on somebody because well, he acts a bit weird and I am paranoid so maybe he is really a psycho who is going to butcher me in my sleep, BIG fucking difference actually.

I don't agree with snitching generally speaking, but when it comes to matters of violence what are you supposed to do. Calling the police is the only option unless you support vigilantism and anarchy, either that or doing nothing, neither of which would really lead to a society I would particularly want to live in to be quite honest.

Last edited:
Do nothing/ignore the fella. The way he is going he won't be your neighbour for much longer ! :p

Neither I understand why you chose to assume he is meth head.

Lots of drugs could cause that behavior and mental ilness could too (I know I'm just repeating other posts).

What I consider more likely than meth is that he is simply drunkard. Alcohol is a sedative but many people are extremely hyperactive and annoying even on high doses, they only calm down (read: blackout) on superhigh doses. I used to have a friend who would drink 2 or 3 bottles of 40% (=80 proof) rum in a few hours and spend all nights yelling at people and generally be active (albeit with terrible motorics). He's no longer my friend though as he ran over a pedestrian when driving a car with 0.28 bac and will go to jail.

I'm not trying to get ahead of myself, but the possibility that I'm being exposed to meth residue freaks me out.

What can I do? What would you do if you we're me?

Thanks BL

OMG that freaks me out too!! As quickley as you can put towells under the doors, close all your windows. Stay isolated inside your apartment and dont go outside, even better do you have access or could you construct some sort of panic room with some kind of lining that would stop that meth residue from seeping through your walls and into your body!

If you dont own a gun this would be a good time to get one. Hell I dont lock my door a lot. If some one wants to come in my house it is enter at your own risk. Just go to the range and learn how to shoot a small weapon like a .25 or a 380. It will bring you piece of mind and calling the cops is no longer an issue.

calling the cops would be fucking low. surely there are other avenues to try before stooping to that level.
I don't think it's low. A woman living alone needs to protect herself! He climbed into her balcony!

If you dont own a gun this would be a good time to get one. Hell I dont lock my door a lot. If some one wants to come in my house it is enter at your own risk. Just go to the range and learn how to shoot a small weapon like a .25 or a 380. It will bring you piece of mind and calling the cops is no longer an issue.
Before you advise this, you need to understand that different states have different laws when it comes to owning a gun, self defense, etc. There are more peaceful ways to resolve this issue.

Queenbee, its been a few days. Has the neighbor attempted anything funny?

It sounds like metal health issues. I would suggest calling the police whenever his music is loud for a noise complaint.

Because cops have nothing better to do than to police stereo volume 8(

edit: also, she said he climbed her balcony while her boyfriend was out there smoking or
whatever. im not saying this justifies that behavior, but it seems like his mission was to talk to the bf. its not like hes scaling the wall to be a peeping tom, and has he ever bothered her when shes by herself? from what she wrote, he only seems interested in the bf.

Last edited:
So you're saying the police wouldn't address it? A friendly cop knock will just let him know that he's becoming/is a nuisance to his neighbors.

You don't know why he was scaling the building! + You're not suppose to be doing that either (I would have called the police).

Shit, the cops where i live will def show up for a noise complaint lol. Had knocks from them a few times in my old apy when i would be in my little makeshift studio. And as for getting a gun, like i said previously, if this person has caught a charge then it may be next to impossible to legally buy a gun. And no one should ever have an illegal weapon as it undermines the ability for ppl that are completely law abiding who want one. Plus if you ever did have to use it you would be adding maybe a decade to your manslaughter sentence dpending on where you live. Just keep an eye out. For you and your bf but also for your neighbors. If anyone else has had a similar run in with this guy, it might be time to seriously consider a contigency policy. Wheater for you thats the cops or a gun. Hell a sawn off pool cue is better than nothing, or the ol standby lousville slugger.

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with this!

To all the people freaking out about calling the cops: I have no intention of calling the police unless I absolutely have to. Like most everyone else, I have no desire to be in contact with them, let alone get this guy in trouble. Screwing him over is not and never was my intention. This resolution will be reserved for only the most extreme case.

To all the people freaking out about assuming he's on meth: earlier in the thread I stated I don't know for sure that its meth, but I have scores of friends who use all kinds of drugs (except meth) and none of them act like this. Call it an asshole assumption, but that's what came to mind. When someone tells you they've been up for days, you assume they're on meth. Sue me. Also, I don't give a fuck what he does, as long as it doesn't affect or harm me - something else I stated in my original post.

Thug passion - fuck off.

As of today, I haven't seen him in a few days. Monday night he came banging on the door to get drunk but my boyfriend quickly deterred him. I think it's very probable he has some kind of mental health issue, when I spoke to the management about the balcony incident, they told me that his mother pays all his bills. When my boyfriend took him to the liquor store on Sunday, the neighbor made some comment about getting some guns and shooting people. I'm not trying to unfairly judge this person or be an asshole, but his behavior is incredibly strange and sometimes scary which is what prompted this thread.

Lol was he really drunk when he was talking about buying guns and shooting ppl??? I sure hope so...now a days if you go into a gun store and are acting squirley your background check will probably magically come back denied. Esp if you are in there looking at sporting rifles and large caliber guns w high cap mags and dont own a gun as it is. This guy is sounding crazier by the day lol

What can I do? What would you do if you we're me?

Complain to your landlord. Tell him or her your suspicions. The last thing a landlord wants is a tenant who smokes meth in their building. If he knocks on your door again, and he will since he got his way before, tell him to go away or you're calling the police. If he gets beligerent, call the cops on him. That will go one step further in getting him out of your apartment complex.

Agreed.

Since the balcony incident, we have been pretty diligent about locking the doors.

We did notice a few weeks ago that there is a trail of blood that leads from the sidewalk straight to his door, so who knows what he's capable of.

That's pretty bugged out. Also, just having something you refer to as 'the balcony incident' is crazy in and of itself, so hopefully you get this all settled without incident asap.

a blood trail? maybe he got the crap beat out of him and had a bloody nose or something. im sure if he was dragging a body someone would have noticed.

Haha, yea hopefully he's not a [serial] killer that drags his dead victims corpses into his apartment to dismantle them as a means of properly disposing of the bodies. Check the news to see if there have been any recent murders in the area.

when I spoke to the management about the balcony incident, they told me that his mother pays all his bills.

Who cares if his mother pays the bills [although I can see that it's relevant to the discussion since it may mean that he's mentally ill so they need to financially support him or maybe he's an addict (he's definitely an alcoholic by the sounds of things) and they are enabling him by paying for him to live there], the landlord should be looking out for the other tenants by removing any problematic tenants from the complex so the other ones don't leave because of them.

OMG that freaks me out too!! As quickley as you can put towells under the doors, close all your windows. Stay isolated inside your apartment and dont go outside, even better do you have access or could you construct some sort of panic room with some kind of lining that would stop that meth residue from seeping through your walls and into your body!

Muahahah.

O/T: Pepper spray is a woman's best friend. Not the weenie keychain type, i keep a giant bottle of police/security grade spray in my purse at all times. Shoots farther distance with much more force, and sprays in an outward cone like manner as opposed to just one straight wimpy line the cutesy pink colored key chain versions you can buy at grocery stores or auto zone.