• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Importance of smiling

Goddess:
Smiling is good for you. When you smile, even when you are feeling down, the smile causes chemicals to be released in the brain that make you feel better.
I dunno... who are your sourses? (Not to be the sole spot of cancer in this irradiating thread or anything).

Well, I can say that I HATE when some one comes up to me and tells me to start smiling. "Why don't you smile? Come on!"
ARGGH!!! I serious want to shoot those people. Because being ORDERED to smile does NOT make you happy, does not make you want to smile. There was probably a reason I was not smiling and now I have both that reason, plus this irritating twit adding more reason why I don't want to smile.
~psychoblast~

Ah, Psychoblast -- good, a fellow pessimist. I don't feel so bad now. A smile is now somewhat appropriate:
:)
[ 21 February 2003: Message edited by: rewiiired ]

Smiling makes your brain release Endorphin, when I've done codeine before I've noticed that if I smile it kicks it in more!!! :D
[ 02 March 2003: Message edited by: Gaz_hmmmm ]

Smiling is just a sweet gesture that no matter what anyone tells you puts everyone in a lil bit of a better mood...
:)
xoxo
*Nik137*

HEY GUYS,
This is a great topic. I was on my way home from work the other day , on the train and I realised not one person in my carriage was smiling, beside my self.
They were looking at me as if I was the one with the prob, I was looking at them thinking how could every person have a frown on there face? Did something happen I don't know about ?
I get complimnets all the time, in regards to how often I smile and how nice it is. A photographer once said I should have been the girl on the Colgate add. I mean I haven't had the best life, but Im always finding something to smile about.
Smiles to all of u
Lurv Charls
xxxxxxxxxxx

There was a period of time where I liked to experiment, see if I could change people without them knowing, but in positive ways.

One exercise I did was to smile at as many people in a day as I could, and see how many would smile back, how many had their mood or moment effected by some stranger simply smiling at them.

I'm weird.

There was a period of time where I liked to experiment, see if I could change people without them knowing, but in positive ways.

One exercise I did was to smile at as many people in a day as I could, and see how many would smile back, how many had their mood or moment effected by some stranger simply smiling at them.

I'm weird.

If you're weird, then it's the good kind of weird, and we should all try to be as weird as you. :)

I agree. Smiling is underrated. I like being smiled at and I try to smile at others. :)

Peace&Love,
jasper

Personally, I prefer to frown and remove people's sense of plastic delusion by reminding them of their inevitable mortality, but whatever...8):|:\

Personally, I prefer to frown and remove people's sense of plastic delusion by reminding them of their inevitable mortality, but whatever...8):|:\

Note to self, start a EMO page...

Pardon me =D,

A smile at the correct time can melt the hardest of hearts. There have been times I was very upset. Instead of acting irrationally, someone could tell I was pissed and was cool with me, smiled. That was able to break the anger.

At the minimum, it helps. Smiles have snapped me out of some negative feelings and places. YMMV.

^Depends on who is smiling at you and what their intention is.

Did you mean, 'An Emo'?(as in the teenage trend from the the noughties)
Or is 'EMO' an acronym for something fabulous, you're proposing?

Emo's have unfortunate, hairstyles.?