• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Importance of smiling

Nick the Dragon Slayer was an official in King Arthur's court. He had a long-standing obsession to caress the beautiful Queen's voluptuous breasts, but he knew the penalty for this would be death. One day he revealed his secret desire to his colleague, Horatio the Physician, who was the King's chief doctor.
Horatio the Physician exclaimed that he could arrange for Nick the Dragon Slayer to satisfy his desire, but it would cost him 1,000 gold coins to arrange it. Without pause, Nick the Dragon Slayer readily agreed to have Horatio the Physician arrange it and that he would gladly pay the 1,000 gold coins for the chance to satisfy his desires for the Queen.
The next day, Horatio the Physician made a batch of itching powder and poured a little bit into the Queen's massive brassiere while she was
taking a bath. Soon after she dressed, the itching commenced and grew intense. Upon being summoned to the Royal Chambers to address this incident, Horatio the Physician informed the King and Queen that only a special saliva, if applied for several hours, would cure this type of itch, and that tests had shown that only the saliva of Nick the Dragon Slayer had present the antidote to curb the itch.
King Arthur quickly summoned Nick the Dragon Slayer. Horatio the Physician then slipped Nick the Dragon Slayer the antidote for the itching powder, which he quickly put it into his mouth, and for the next four hours, worked passionately on the Queen's voluptuous and magnificent breasts. The Queen's itching was eventually relieved, and Nick the Dragon Slayer left satisfied and as a hero.
Upon returning to his chamber, Nick the Dragon Slayer found Horatio the Physician demanding his payment of 1,000 gold coins. With his obsession now satisfied, Nick the Dragon Slayer could have cared less, and knowing that Horatio the physician could never report this matter to the King, shooed him away with no payment made.
The next day, Horatio the Physician slipped a massive dose of the same itching powder into King Arthur's loincloth. King Arthur quickly summoned Nick the Dragon Slayer and for the next several hours ...

It has been said that :
Smiling is good for you. When you smile, even when you are feeling down, the smile causes chemicals to be released in the brain that make you feel better.
People who smile a lot are perceived to be more attractive and intelligent.

Simply Said: I couldnt agree more! :) :) :)
You'll always see me with a huge grin on my face..its just a waste of time not to...and i agree with what godess said..it does release chemicals in your brain to lighten your mood.
nice thread mash! Smile hun!

"i smile because i don't know what's going on"
jk
actually.. after my bout of being really unhappy in everything and hating the world... i realised that smiling does a lot for me and the people around me.
I sit at a front desk in a very large company.. and people are always saying.. "its so great to come in to your smile every morning!"
my smile and the fact that i smile all the time is something i *always* get complemented on.
anyone who has ever been attracted to me, says that my smile is what makes them melt.
I saw an old friend in Kmart 2 weeks ago.. and he said.. "if you wouldnt have smiled at me, i woulda never recognised you..."
when my best friend complains that no one approaches her, and she doesnt understand why random people always talk to me, and everyone ignores her, i tell her.. "its because you don't smile!" .. when you walk aorund unhappy lookin or frowning ... of course no one will approach you. would you want to have to deal with a grouch all the time? if you had a question in the street (directions, what time is it) would u ask sumone who was frowning or smiling?
if you dont believe me.. spend an entire day smiling and another day never smiling.. see how people treat and react to you.
If i just listen to a happy song.. pet my cat (my pet you pervs! ;) ), or look at a pic of my bf and i... anything to just make myself smile every morning.. I feel great thruout the whole day, even when i'm upset.
Jen-
Smiling.. cause it's the 2nd best thing she can do with her mouth! ;)

^^^My goodness, you do tease me so! ;)
I thought of this thread the other day as I was going about my business in the 'real' world. I recently switched shifts, after being a third shifter and all-around night owl for over three years at the hospital I work at. One of my favorite doctors - and remember, I see these guys more than their wives do! - came to me, visibly upset. When I asked him what was wrong, he told me that I should never have changed my hours. And then he went on to tell me that some nights, around four in the morning, when he'd been up for two days and there was no end or sunrise in sight, my smile was all that got him through. I had never realized how much the people that I work with depended on me and my cheerfulness, and it made my day!
So YES, smiling is important to the people around you, whether they say it or not!

:) ************************************************************************************************************************************
PLURrrrrrrrrrrrrr
[ 25 June 2002: Message edited by: nvr2old ]

It has been proven that if you smile to people, it makes them happy and feel good about their life! :)

I live to be happy and when I feel myself smile I know everything's okay. I like to laugh too, from a chuckle to a bellow, I know that everything's more than okay.

THE WOOD you are too damn funny! I feel the same way, and it's so interesting to read about someone who thinks that too and to say it in such a .. forceful way. "Damn people, why are you smiling?! The world is deteriorating and coming to an end and all you can do is smile on command for a fucking picture that will sit in a shoebox under your bed and collect dust!" :)

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I cant stop smiling lately, not my usual shy little smile but big grin!!!!!!

about an hour ago, when I was sitting behind my laptop, a couple passed in front of my window...and I was reading something, which made a big big smile :) the couple who passed smiled back......smiles can also be used as a weapon :)
I am also smilling a lot and people sometimes I ask me why I always smile and I really don't know why, just happyness :)

smiling is the best i always smile it doesnt matter what mood i am in i will be smiling and if i am not there is something really wrong i had a really shitty week, but you know i realized that its not everyone elses fault and im just not gonna be one of those people who blame the world and give up just because bad things happen to them. it motivates me to go to school and live my life for me and no one else... keep smilin

Whee!! :) So glad this post was bumped up, I never would've come across it otherwise!! I'm reading it, taking a break from studying for mid-terms, and man I'm smiling like a hyena now!! :)
It also made me recall how on Saturday night, somebody I really dig told me how much he loved my smile. I had completely forgotten about the comment, and remembering it has given me a shit-eating grin!
In the immortal words of Ren and Stimpy, "Happy Happy Joy Joy!"

~when you see a person that needs to smile
even in passing, poke your cheeks to
encourage them to smile.
I swear it works old people, young people, even
hot guys ;)

I smilled at everybody I saw today. And it made me vary happy. Except for the cop that tried harass me be salad eatimg mother fucker who can into the so' ta'day.

:) I love this subject. I actually had people tell me to smile and that I always wore a frown on my face because I was very unhappy with myself. I now smile all the time and smile at others as well. When you smile it bears your soul and pours sunshine onto others. People notice smiling. I actually radiate God's love that he puts into my soul from my eyes and my smiles. Just by reading this add I smiled at everyone today at work and felt so much better. I even got into conversations that I normally don't just by smiling and saying hello!! Smiling uplifts your sould. :) :) :)

My friends car broke down and he had to ride the bus to go get it,he had his headphones on and I guess there were a guy with down syndrome near, that kept looking at him and laughing. He stuck his hand out and introduced himself and asked the guy his name, the guy had a helper with him who told him to tell him his name. My friend put the headphones on the guy and let him listen, he said he was smiling so big and shaking around in his seat. I thought it was so cute