• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

14 years old and really want to try LSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XacidandmdmaX

Greenlighter
Im a 14 year old Canadian boy, looking to do Lsd? Is this okay? Ive done high doses of dxm, which were positively life changing, and im on my way to going to high school and dont know what I want to do with my life. While on dxm, I had a crazy experience where I realized what I wanted to do, and who I am, but it was very unclear.. Do you think LSD would give me a more clear, positive insight on who I am and help me discover myself? And how about ecstasy, curious about that to.
Btw, im not doing it for fun, I plan on using it as a helpful tool, although its hard to find :/ But when I find it I plan on using it responsibly, and ive done months worth of research on the drug to prepare myself for the experience.

First of all, kudos to you for being responsible and getting advice before doing something like this.

My advice to you is that you hold back for a couple years. I have also had life changing experiences on DXM, but psychedelics are completely different animals and set & setting play a much more pivotal role. In other words, unless you are in a safe, familiar environment things can go bad pretty quick. I have never experienced fear on dissociatives. I say this because you are young and young people do stupid things, I am 21 and still engage in risky drug taking behaviour.

Your reasons for wanting to take LSD are well placed, in your own words: to give you a clear, positive insight on who you are. The truth is that if you were to have a positive experience on LSD you would probably achieve this outcome. However, you are still young as hell (coming from someone who is just a little bit older) and you are going to change drastically over the next couple years. More than you can imagine right now. In the same way that you probably look back at your younger self and see how childish you were, one day your older self will look back at how young you are today and feel the same way. So with or without LSD, having a good positive attitude and an open yet rational mind will serve you in good stead and help you to achieve your goals.

I think the same goes for the MDMA. I took it twice when I was 12 and while I had 'fun', it's not something I would recommend, I could not interpret the depth of the experience at that age. I was aware of sites like BL and erowid at that time. I will say, however, that I did satisfy my curiosity for MDMA and didn't take it again until I was 18.

In short, I've heard it said before that psychedelics come to you when you are ready, and aside from that sounding like metaphysical nonsense, I think it is good advice. Try to be patient, you have a good attitude, and if you engage in deep thought, work hard and apply yourself in worthwhile activities regularly (activities that you enjoy, or that help you in some way) you will change a lot over the next couple years. Change takes time.

Also, this happens to be the same thing I would tell my former self, given the chance.

Last edited:
I know im young, but im also a gifted child, my mind set and maturity level is drastically higher then most 14 year olds.

I agree entirely with what has been said above but would like to add my first trip was with liberty cap mushrooms and i was 16 and my first lsd about a year later and i am glad i tried mushrooms first. I found them a bit milder than the superman acid and maybe you should start with something gentler so you can get a feel for psychedelics. Or if you are determined to try lsd maybe start with just a half of a blotter have a trip sitter and something to bring you down quick just in case.Another couple of years to wait is really the way to go though.

Well i was in my mid teens when i started up myself, 14 when i started with cannabis and various soft drugs, then by 15 i had tried a lot of the class a's, acid, mushrooms, ecstasy, coke and crack n more, etc etc, and at the time i did get some positive results, well only positive results realy ( As in no bad trips, or bad experiances ) but when i look back on it, I realy do wish id of waited untill atleast my late teens ( 18 - 19 ) or even early 20's, because when your of the age you are your brain is still forming, and your personality is still prob not fully established, and throwing very serious substances like acid and ecstasy into the mix, though it maybe good at the time, and you may learn some things about yourself and may better understand the enviroment around you, you will never fully know what you would of learnt without it, by just growing up as a normal healthy young man.

And i know its hard to change your own mind once you've started researching about new things and you have prob kind of set your heart on it, but theres no harm in leaving it a while yet, as these things are still going to be there when you've fully grown into yourself.

But like said im prob not the best guy to try and give you direction, as i did these things and way more by your age and just over, and to be honest so did a lot of my friends, and i know they dont regret it, like myself i dont, As theres no real problem with doing these substances to learn about ones self, or to even have fun ! the only thing is i think i should of waited untill i was a bit more mature .

Dang crazy little story I will try and respond later, but first and foremost realize you have the rest of your life to live, play around with mushrooms for a bit before you know you are ready

Some here will say yes ("I was only 15 when I did it in the 60's"), but most, including me, will say no.

The path of the psychonaut is indeed an interesting, fascinating and beautiful path. But at times it's also a frightening, traumatic, ugly and downright grotesque experience. The thing with psychedelics is that you can never really be sure what your trip will be. How do you handle intense fear and terror? How do you handle mysterious (some would say spiritual) experiences?

I really don't want to discourage you from your interest in psychedelics. I just feel that you are too young, that there are too many things in your body (both mental and physical) that are evolving, that are too sensitive for the powerful experience a psychedelic trip can be. What you should do, is read, read, and ask (although we psychonauts by no means are a homogenous group, so be prepared for the "organic crew ("only DMT, Psilocybine, Mescaline" people, those that don't consider MDMA a psychedelic at all, those that love 5-MeO's and those who can't stand them...). Try gather information from various sources (Erowid really is a goldmine, as are PiHKAL and TiHKAL). And try not to fall in the trap of seeing psychedelics as strictly non-recreational (seeking "enlighment") or just "pure fun"...Find your own way.

WHEN you are ready for your first trip, I strongly recommend a "lighter" psychedelic compound, to get a more gentle first impression. You have all the time in the world to move to the DMT's and DPT's. What a "light-weight" psychedelic would be is not the right place to talk about here. This is not a "what should I take". At least, do some reading, I think it's OK to ask whether 4-HO-MET or 2C-C have a lighter bodyload, but no one here will tell you, ultimately, what you should take.

And don't start with DMT, or heaven forbid, 5-MeO-DMT ;) (not saying it can't be a good trip, but the stakes are quite high).

Thanks for the opinions guys, I think after all this ill start with one low dose of shrooms, to experience psychedelics, then a small run with lsd. Im just determined to try this once in my life, to feel the beautiful experience.
For me, its never been about "getting fcked up.." its been about these life changing, stunning experiences ive heard of.

You are very young to be doing these type of things, though I cannot talk as I started doing dxm at 16. I would recommend to hold off for as long as possible, get yourself established at high school, and try to build a solid platform to launch from.
If your heart is still set on doing it, and you feel that you are ready, then you are most probably ready and no amount of dissuasion will convince you not to.
Please remember that you only ever get one first time, so try to make it as magical as possible by choosing setting ect very carefully.
Also dxm is an incredibly powerful dissociative, and I have noticed some strange effects to day to day life when used on a regular basis or used more than twice a month.
(For extended periods of time, 6 months +)
These substances are powerful tools when used in the right way, yet can be very devastating if used in the wrong way. There is still a large amount of fun to be had in the process of self realization, but remember that it is a gradual process and doesn't happen all in the one trip.

Last edited:
yes once you trip you dont think the same anymore at least thats what happened to me but remember you are still an adolescent and i am sure your mind is still growing and letting it open naturally for a few more years before blasting it open would maybe be better

I'd also like to add that children and young people often have an amazingly rich imagination. They're not strained by societal and behavioral norms of "right" and "wrong" the same way adults are. Thath's why I think you would get more out o a trip a little older - psychedelics will smash the norms and boundaries society indoctrinates you into. This process of obliterating everything you've been told is "possible" or "impossible" will be more profound then. Psychedelics activate the amazing capacities of imagination and creativity for us dulled by working boring jobs, getting bad salary, and paying bills.

Look: This post might sound harsh. But it's not; My only motivation in every action is to make your life easier or better.

Im a 14 year old Canadian boy, looking to do Lsd? Is this okay?

I don't think it's okay. Set and setting are all-important. In this case, the set is not yet ready: I don't think you have enough life experience to play with these things.

Ive done high doses of dxm, which were positively life changing, and im on my way to going to high school and dont know what I want to do with my life.

The quest for knowledge is a worthy purpose. You won't learn things unless you actively try to. For this reason, stay in school: You will learn things. Your mind will then let this gained knowledge influence your thoughts. Remember: Every single thought you will ever experience is influenced by a prior one. Or even a phenomenom in the physical world. You don't know what to do with your life because you simply don't have enough pieces of knowledge to make the final puzzle.

LSD will NOT give you these pieces. It might help you find a few missing ones though.

While on dxm, I had a crazy experience where I realized what I wanted to do, and who I am, but it was very unclear..

This confirms to me that you're not mature enough yet to play with dangerous things like this. You did NOT realize what you want to do: If you did, it wouldn't be unclear. The very literal definition of realization is thus:

a : to bring into concrete existence : accomplish <finally realized her goal>
b : to cause to seem real : make appear real <a book in which the characters are carefully realized>

Also remember that the drug isn't the one making these realizations. It's you.

Do you think LSD would give me a more clear, positive insight on who I am and help me discover myself?

No. And to expect it being positive is wrong. Someone's positive is anothers' negative. Believe it enough and you can make yourself like things you didn't like before. It's all subjective and even your own ideas about what's good and what's bad will most definitely change. Also, do not expect anything out of psychedelics. They are called psychedelics because they DON'T bring about familiar states of consciousness.

It has given me clarity of concentration. That is the most "spiritual" aspect of it. With enough concentration you can more easily gain insight upon important questions: The LSD isn't the one making these questions up though.

If you go deep enough to the core essence of LSD; It is in fact a chemical. Anything beyond that is merely other peoples' opinions of it.

And how about ecstasy, curious about that to.

Don't fucking do it. Seriously.

There are people who like to imagine it's all happy happy fun times and massive orgasms of empathy but: Empathy is a double-edged sword. It can get very, very dark too. And it's also somewhat dangerous physically. The after effects can be particularly nasty.

Btw, im not doing it for fun, I plan on using it as a helpful tool, although its hard to find :/ But when I find it I plan on using it responsibly, and ive done months worth of research on the drug to prepare myself for the experience.

You need building materials to make any use of your tools. Remember that.

Lay off the DXM by the way. It's not doing good for your mental development at this stage.

I think 14 is way too young to be doing drugs. But if you're going to take them then start with a low dose and work your way up.

No, LSD isn't going to "change your life" and it's unfair to expect that of a drug. Stick to working hard at school, learning a musical instrument, keeping fit etc.

I've met a lot of people who started taking drugs too young and by the age of 20 they are either fucked from them or "bored" with drugs. Psychedelics can be a great adjunct to life and get you through some hard times but just try and use them sparingly at 14. God forbid the cops or your parents find out.

Im a 14 year old Canadian boy, looking to do Lsd? Is this okay? Ive done high doses of dxm, which were positively life changing, and im on my way to going to high school and dont know what I want to do with my life. While on dxm, I had a crazy experience where I realized what I wanted to do, and who I am, but it was very unclear.. Do you think LSD would give me a more clear, positive insight on who I am and help me discover myself? And how about ecstasy, curious about that to.

TBH 14 is a bit young regardless of maturity - even at 18, 19 i was still too immature to really appreciate the experiences i was having with psychedelics. The fact you are still developing your sense of self is the biggest issue, you want a solid grounding to jump off from with psychedelics, at 14, you just haven't had enough time or experience to get that down. To break down the walls and barriers of reality, you have to first develop them! Especially in regards to the self, your identity should be strong, at this point you are almost like a blank canvas, a psychedelic requires some material to work with.

That being said, almost every single person who tripped at a young age regretted it and later on did not use psychedelics, that i know anyway.

My little brother is 13 and although he is mature and intelligent, he is in no way prepared for the risks/dangers of psychedelic use.

Aside from doing research on LSD, you also need to know the current drug scene, as much of the LSD around is not actual LSD, it's possible you will end up taking a NBOMe like 25i-NBOMe and though it's a great psychedelic, it's not one i'd recommend for a beginner, let alone someone who is 14. This similarily applies to MDMA/molly/ecstasy that is going around, you need a test kit to determine if it's legitimate MDMA or not and i still wouldn't recommend MDMA as it can really mess with your serotonin system.

If you want to use psychedelics for the spiritual aspects and mind expansion effects then start to meditate for now, read into eastern spirituality, learn and experience as much of the world as you can, then when the time is right you can smash your sense of reality into bits if you so wish and reconstruct them or whatever you want to do.

At your age, no one knows what they are going to do, or what is going to happen to them.

LSD won't kill you or anything, so long as it is LSD you get but it's not going to give you the insight you are looking for at this time. I'd also avoid DXM, i used it as a teen and it really messed me up for a while, not physically or anything, just that mental cloudiness it causes after months of use, not very conducive to doing well in school or making smart plans for the future. I nearly had myself killed quite a few times on 4th plateau doses, not from the drug, but from almost getting hit by cars, driving high speeds, even crossing busy streets.

I essentially agree with the other posters - you really have to develop yourself first, all of your experiences are going to be unclear because you lack a solid reference point to compare them to. A psychedelic is not going to lay a path out for you, you choose that path and a psychedelic may very well just give you delusions of what it is you are supposed to do. They aren't spiritual guides, you are the spiritual guide, LSD just acts as the tool. Start looking into philosophy, eastern religions, meditation, stuff like that will get you where you want to go for now and it will fully prepare you to become a full psychonaut when you are 18 or 19. If i ran a school for psychonauts, that would be your high school education to prepare you for a degree in psychonautical exploration.

Last edited:
OP:

In my opinion no, it is not okay.

Your body is still developing.
Your mind is still developing.

In my opinion that's the bottom line. How old is right? I don't know. There's always time to take a drug later. There is never enough time to untake it.

Tom

I tried cannabis when i was 17 and it really blew my mind. Then had shrooms at twenty and my definitions and concepts all got redone. Then two, one hit acid trips the same year which were more amusing than deep and spiritual.

I know im young, but im also a gifted child, my mind set and maturity level is drastically higher then most 14 year olds.

I'm gifted as well, but that doesn't change the fact that we still have to go through adolescence at a reasonable pace. I was the same and pushing it lead to me having an existential crisis, even though I started around 18. Trust me, you are not the only one who thinks they are mature for their age - the point is that even if you are right, you are still much more vulnerable than when you will be in a few years. Gifted people are often especially sensitive by the way, which is often one of the things that enable them to do what they can do. This sensitivity makes it even more potentially risky.

Don't underestimate this, the ability to learn and develop very fast does not make us superman. It is pretty dangerous to neglect that emotional development has to keep up and for this to stay integrated and on track we need to go through natural life experiences, to have stuff happen to us that cannot happen in a trip.

I urge you to limit yourself to soft stuff that doesn't have a big impact and to wait until you at least finish high school. Assuming you will attend college, the situation is much more ideal because you will have at least some of a basis of a naturally developed sense of identity, there is less or no clashing adult supervision and you will have laid a foundation of getting through a school even if you are not sure yet what you are doing it for.

What's the hurry? It must be impatience, (maybe some hubris), and the inability all of us often have 'to see how we can get through something unless something happens NOW'. There is no loss if you start at around 18, there is still plenty of time left after that and at least you have some naturally developed sense of self to go on before you start defragmenting it all through desintegration and reintegration.

In my opinion, if you are as mature as you say you will see the sense in what I'm saying (out of experience no less), if you decide to ignore it don't you think you should have a very good reason to?
(Also, I am not trying to patronise you... children / young people can be really paranoid about that :D I mean what kind of ill-conceived reasons do you think older people have to urge you to stay away from certain things?)

I am 28 now by the way, and I've pretty much tried it all. Psychedelics changed my life, my second psychedelic experience ever was extreme and it changed everything for me. A lot of the friends I have, in particular the ones with high intelligence, went through similar stuff. I felt it was important and while it messed a lot of things up for me it also gave me a lot. People who say you can get stuck in a trip are only talking 90% bullshit, it is way to simplistic to say it like that but there are definitely real risks of changes that end up being more than you bargained for.
I am incredibly grateful that until 18, I sticked to some minor drinking, some weed-smoking and some herbal highs. A bad trip would be the least of your worries. Mushrooms are not a lighter alternative like some people seem to suggest here. They were absolutely the most hardcore for me, they were wat changed my life the most and they are a full-strenght psychedelic like LSD is.

So like others that posted before me I fully empathise with your reasons to want to do it. But wanting to use these as a tool instead of fun is an even bigger reason to be responsible and wait. If you succeed and the questions about who you are and what you want to do get addressed you have no idea what you could potentially get yourself involved in. These are deep questions and you wouldn't believe how deep that stuff can go. Being gifted may only enable you to go even deeper with that which can be very confusing and destabilising to your life.

Don't get fixated, find some alternatives that don't have the potential of real classical psychedelics such as LSD, but that are still plenty interesting to do for a few years. Also I wouldn't mess with MDMA (ecstasy) so early in your brain's development. Not sure but you might potentially risk problems later on such as depression and other issues. You may not understand that it would be hard to just stick to doing it one time.

(also, don't people usually go to high school at 12?)

Last edited:
/\...very good advice solipsis...very good.

OP...please read that a few times (also not being patronizing because of your age) and really think about what is being said in that post!;)

Thanks for the opinions guys, I think after all this ill start with one low dose of shrooms, to experience psychedelics, then a small run with lsd. Im just determined to try this once in my life, to feel the beautiful experience.
For me, its never been about "getting fcked up.." its been about these life changing, stunning experiences ive heard of.

Have you held a beautiful woman in your arms as the sun sets over a horizon? Made love to her and have her collapse on your chest, both breathing in unison with that feeling that noting else matters right now other than her happiness? Have you shared a beer with your buddies after a long day working outside under the sun building a shed or deck? Have you danced under the stars with a few hundred other people as a DJ drops the bass, causing the mood to erupt into joyous ecstasy? There are so many of life's little experiences that you have yet to enjoy that are as good if not better than even the most powerful drug. Little things that shape who you are as a person and subsequent shape how you would experience lsd. Trying to fast track the best things in life with chemicals actually cheapens the joys of life. Even having the stress of not wanting your parents finding out is enough to mean you will never truly get the most out of your trip at 14. Having at least some normal joys to draw upon will actually make your eventual dallies into psychedelics more meaningful and exciting.

I'm sorry to say this but no matter how "mature" you are at 14 you are not old enough to use lsd. It is like throwing you the keys to a ferrari and cringing as you grind the shit out of the gear box. Worse than that, by starting your drug experiments so young you run the very real risk of burning out by your twenties and losing the magic for when you are older and can draw on a lifetime of memories and emotions. You should be out there chasing pussy, getting into fights with bullies and teaching yourself how to camp out under the stars or cook a gourmet meal for a girl who will drop her panties. Learn to walk before you can run in the warm rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.