• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

14 years old and really want to try LSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only wish i had resources like this site and others .When i was young (15) and getting into
the psychedelic scene in 1987.My first introduction to the experience was a dead show in summer
of 87 in Philadelphia.Now that i am a old man of (40yrs) lol .I look back at my early days of LSD
use and its apparent ,how much more i respect appreciate and value my experiences with substance
now being older than younger.

I agree with those who say the mind and still developing ,i prob wouldn't do it.Looking back
until i was 19 or 20yrs old .But life is about personal choices.
Like many know the experiences can be life changing,but i probably would have been better off
had the majority of experiences been from age 22-40 instead of age 15-21.No don't get me wrong
i had some of my greatest trips from age 16-19.But like many decisions when your young,i also
made some unwise decisions with it .Such as "wrong setting" "Too large doseage"<--which is the
biggest one "mixing with other drugs" which on at least 5 or more occasions produced
spectacularly exciting and frightening results.These bad trips eventually turned me off to
using LSD for 5 years.From reading many posts on Bluelight ,i suspect this happens to several
people.

They go out with friends to concert, festival or shindig.First time carelessly take to much,
In a party atmosphere,have a terrible time.Then quit them forever,gathering only a negative
impression.Back in the late 80's early 90's ,we would often only take 1/2 hit to start .Those
damn things were often really strong son.One would often melt your face off.
Now i often see people taking 3 at once now days,as we all know the strong batches still do come around.

Teaching young people responsible use / doseage makes all the difference in the world.So they
avoid the mistakes and pitfalls of others.Funny thing about psychs .If you don't respect them
.."you will The hard way..lol....Now when i get together with old friends at the shows and we trip,
my old "hardhead" friend,(people always have one in the group)Offers the sacrament.I pause and
think about what i've taken so far for the day,before taking it.Processing the experience seems
so much easier when older ,then in younger years..It seems very fluid,and almost difficult to have
a bad trip for me nowadays ,using wisdom from old age and common sense ..lol....
The guy running around naked and smiling(i think is somewhat funny) although some others around
didn't.On a different outing (the young college guy standing naked next to the cop saying "i didn't do
anything" in a panicked voice)Neither cop or the guy knew what to do .That was very,very sad,and really
gets my wheels going about harm reduction.

Last edited:
^^Ok, a person who is 30 looking for insight into life and death certainly beats out a 14 year old that just couldn't find glue that day as far as proper requirement. But not all 14 years olds will take either glue or LSD. Some are seekers and not all 14 year olds are total peckerheads. When I took it I had been fascinated with the Beatles and Sargent Peppers album since I was 10. It was a long held interest that eventually led LSD coming to me.

But I certainly know the insight that can come from a mushroom trip after the death of a loved one. And 30 is most likely much better than 14.

OP:

In my opinion no, it is not okay.

Your body is still developing.
Your mind is still developing.

In my opinion that's the bottom line. How old is right? I don't know. There's always time to take a drug later. There is never enough time to untake it.

Tom

This sums up my opinion perfectly as well. I know you can feel like there's no time like now, but in this case: you'd be thankful that you waited some time. Unless you came to Bluelight expecting people to tell you you'd be fine, I would heed all of our advice and just wait a couple years. Remember, there's always the rest of your life.

^^Ok, a person who is 30 looking for insight into life and death certainly beats out a 14 year old that just couldn't find glue that day as far as proper requirement. But not all 14 years olds will take either glue or LSD. Some are seekers and not all 14 year olds are total peckerheads. When I took it I had been fascinated with the Beatles and Sargent Peppers album since I was 10. It was a long held interest that eventually led LSD coming to me.
I've been the same, sort off. For as long as I can remember, I wanted to take LSD. (seriously, even as a small child) I thought I was ready, I was certainly mature enough and eveything just seemed right. I hadn't thought about the aspects of spirituality I listed though. Those my age are so small minded, you don't want to distance yourself in that way

Not that my social life is that bad, there's just no place to share these things and every once and a while you run in to that small minded-ness. It's annoying rather than problem

Last edited:
Why? It's because at your age, your entire body is changing rapidly, especially your brain. By comparison, a twenty-something's brain is much more "fixed" which means that if it gets flooded with powerful chemicals, it can more or less repair itself and get back to normal after a while. However, since your brain is still growing, it doesn't have a "fixed" state to return to, so taking psychoactive drugs may change your personality down the line, or worse it may slow or stop your brain's development. This is why people who start drinking or smoking as teens are far more likely to become addicts.

This. Since teenagers brains are still developing, they are vulnerable to negative effects on the hippocampus, or the memory. Drugs can also effect judgement in teens more so than adults, which can lead to irrational, impulsive decisions. They are also more susceptible to addiction. No matter the substance, the earlier a teen starts using, the higher chance they have of becoming an addict.

I thought it was you were a bunch of repressed God fearers who have poor parenting skills. The rest of the world teach their children to drink wine responsibly with dinner at 11 or 12, therefore instilling a healthy respect for alcohol (and hopefully other drugs) and thus reducing future binge drinking. Having good role models are better than finger shaking in my experience.

I was one of these children who was given small amounts wine and beer at early ages, and every chance I got I was sneaking back for more. A few years down the road I ended up addicted to H. IMO parents who do this are not very responsible, as research has shown that alcohol and drugs are not good for the developing brain.

To the OP, I think if you wait til you are 17 or 18, you will have the best chance of having the awakening experience you are seeking. At that age you will know yourself a lot better and will learn a lot about yourself during your high school years. You don't have to know what you want to do right now, you are only 14! Like some people have suggested, I strongly recommend meditation and trying to find out WHO you are. Go to school and learn about stuff. Being educated is a great gift. Props to you for coming on bluelight to educate yourself. Even more props if you read about everyone's experiences and facts and make an informed decision for yourself. If you do choose to do this despite all the posts warning you of the risks, please be safe. Start with a low dose and have a sober trip sitter you trust with you in a place that feels familiar and safe.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against drugs at all. I love all of them, psyches have helped me learn a lot about the world and myself. I just think people shouldn't start using them until they are a certain age, because of brain chemistry. Good luck to whichever path you choose :D

Last edited:
I've been the same, sort off. For as long as I can remember, I wanted to take LSD. (seriously, even as a small child) I thought I was ready, I was certainly mature enough and eveything just seemed right. I hadn't thought about the aspects of spirituality I listed though. Those my age are so small minded, you don't want to distance yourself in that way

Not that my social life is that bad, there's just no place to share these things and every once and a while you run in to that small minded-ness. It's annoying rather than problem

Yes, I totally get the feeling. Luckly I was surrounded by Deadheads with like minded interests back then. At the very least there were some people that could relate. Honestly, I find the social isolation way worse now at 50. If it weren't for a message board, it is slim pickings on who understands in society. But thanks to message boards like can attract like and that is a great thing.

The spiritual aspect hit me like a brick when I was around 16. I was tripping, washing my hands in the bathroom and the word God popped into my head. In such an expanded awareness my head spun and realized while society does mention God, nobody was picking and probing enough to really wonder what that meant or that it was possible God was not an old white man with a beard in the sky that judged. That began some serious seeking.

No where in all of that did I think I was "hindering" my growth. It actually felt like I was growing and asking the right questions where as I felt most people weren't.

Did the OP ever get back in this thread? I get the feeling he was actually a 55 year old who wanted people to think he was young again.

Did the OP ever get back in this thread? I get the feeling he was actually a 55 year old who wanted people to think he was young again.

LMAO - Thanks Ismene _ I really needed a good laugh this morning.

Im a 14 year old Canadian boy, looking to do Lsd? Is this okay? Ive done high doses of dxm, which were positively life changing

I think it takes a few years to know whether or not this sort of thing really affected you positively.

Do you think LSD would give me a more clear, positive insight on who I am and help me discover myself?

No. An identity is something you make for yourself, not something you will discover through augury. Start hiking or camping, learn an instrument, a sport, cooking, take up art, read and learn. And most importantly, share experiences with other people. The value of psychedelics is that they change your perspective, it works better if you have a perspective to change. They will not clear confusion and doubt, if anything they tend to cause more of it (even what little you thought you knew can be taken away), at least temporarily.

Also, a warning, taking drugs to make life more interesting tends to make you a boring person. If your most valued experiences are something people don't understand and can't talk about, you're gonna become really damn alienated. The only people your age who I think stand to gain more than they might lose from tripping are people who are already fucked up. The gifted and mature ought to wait.

atara said:
You do not want to learn the habit of obsession, because, and this is a guarantee: obsession is a more dangerous thing to learn at your age than almost anything else.

I learned that habit at 12, and nothing good happened in my life for half a decade after, and seldom since.

Last edited:
not all 14 year olds are the same

some people should never take LSD period

this thread is just generalizing a topic that should not be generalized under any circumstances

oh shit maybe im one of those people

nah could you imagine though

You seem to be an intelligent person with a good head on your shoulders and I'm impressed you have the right reasons for wanting to trip. I still think you should put it off until you are older. It doesn't matter how mature you are; a 14 year old brain is still a 14 year old brain. It's going through allot of changes and growth with allot more still to come.
I didn't take my first hit of weed until 16 and didn't trip until I was 18 even though most of the people in my group of friends did drugs when I was younger.

Biggest mistake many people make is starting too early, many drugs have few negative effects on the fully developed brain but can have damaging lifelong effects if taken during adolescence!
Follow the advice of everyone here, these drugs aren't going to disappear anytime soon, so whats the rush?

I only wish i had resources like this site and others .When i was young (15) and getting into
the psychedelic scene in 1987.My first introduction to the experience was a dead show in summer
of 87 in Philadelphia.Now that i am a old man of (40yrs) lol .I look back at my early days of LSD
use and its apparent ,how much more i respect appreciate and value my experiences with substance
now being older than younger.

I agree with those who say the mind and still developing ,i prob wouldn't do it.Looking back
until i was 19 or 20yrs old .But life is about personal choices.
Like many know the experiences can be life changing,but i probably would have been better off
had the majority of experiences been from age 22-40 instead of age 15-21.No don't get me wrong
i had some of my greatest trips from age 16-19.But like many decisions when your young,i also
made some unwise decisions with it .Such as "wrong setting" "Too large doseage"<--which is the
biggest one "mixing with other drugs" which on at least 5 or more occasions produced
spectacularly exciting and frightening results.These bad trips eventually turned me off to
using LSD for 5 years.From reading many posts on Bluelight ,i suspect this happens to several
people.

They go out with friends to concert, festival or shindig.First time carelessly take to much,
In a party atmosphere,have a terrible time.Then quit them forever,gathering only a negative
impression.Back in the late 80's early 90's ,we would often only take 1/2 hit to start .Those
damn things were often really strong son.One would often melt your face off.
Now i often see people taking 3 at once now days,as we all know the strong batches still do come around.

Teaching young people responsible use / doseage makes all the difference in the world.So they
avoid the mistakes and pitfalls of others.Funny thing about psychs .If you don't respect them
.."you will The hard way..lol....Now when i get together with old friends at the shows and we trip,
my old "hardhead" friend,(people always have one in the group)Offers the sacrament.I pause and
think about what i've taken so far for the day,before taking it.Processing the experience seems
so much easier when older ,then in younger years..It seems very fluid,and almost difficult to have
a bad trip for me nowadays ,using wisdom from old age and common sense ..lol....
The guy running around naked and smiling(i think is somewhat funny) although some others around
didn't.On a different outing (the young college guy standing naked next to the cop saying "i didn't do
anything" in a panicked voice)Neither cop or the guy knew what to do .That was very,very sad,and really
gets my wheels going about harm reduction.

Summer of 87 in in the Illadel? Was that at the old JFK stadium, if so I think I was there. My older sister was into the Dead, I was a just a happy goofy kid at the time, but stayed away from harder things until the 90's Raves were my generations thing. - I am a bit younger then you though. I can remember the place was stinking hot and humid, and to deal with it they sprayed water from the fron stage on everyone..... didn't help with the humidity. Maybe that was 89 though.

My first trip was 13 years old with a hit and a half of LSD. It was the most beautiful and life changing experience so far. I always urge people to do it around 13 because that's when you begin to think more for yourself. You start maturing mentally and that's the best time to take a psychedelic drug because it'll help shape how you mature, how you think, and who you become in the future. It made me a better person, which I would not be anywhere near if I didn't take LSD at that age. I'm only about three years older now and I can vividly see how my psychedelic use, especially the first few times (once a year, then after the third time once a week with various psychedelics, which gradually slowed down to once a month currently), sculpted my mind over the years. It did the same for my friend whom I had my first trip with, and from then on we've had this strange and strong bond (I guess what I'm saying here is to do it with a good friend).
The reason I did it at first was because I just started smoking marijuana and was curious of other drugs that I may have been lied to about. I tried it without any spiritual intentions, just wanting to get high. I had a panic attack for the first two hours and after sitting there freaking out I realized nothing was wrong, so we went to the park, became more in touch with our inner minds and the nature surrounding us. Again, I would not have found that if I didn't do the drug and it wouldn't have had as much of an impact on me if I were not that age.
So in summary: please do it, do your research first, find a reliable source, have fun, and find your true self.

Your true self when you're a teenager isn't going to be your true self when you're 30 tho.

Summer of 87 in in the Illadel? Was that at the old JFK stadium, if so I think I was there. My older sister was into the Dead, I was a just a happy goofy kid at the time, but stayed away from harder things until the 90's Raves were my generations thing. - I am a bit younger then you though. I can remember the place was stinking hot and humid, and to deal with it they sprayed water from the fron stage on everyone..... didn't help with the humidity. Maybe that was 89 though.

Ya ....it twas the old rickety JFK stadium,Dylan was with them on that night.Its funny how you often read ,people saying that
they rate their psychedelic experience as one of the big or memorable events in their life.Well it must be true for alot of people ,if the
1st time memory of it remains.The show i only remember some parts ,but the lot gathering was nuts .

Last edited:
Your true self when you're a teenager isn't going to be your true self when you're 30 tho.

This. Even when taking the whole consciousness thing out of consideration for a moment, "you" is still a farce of sorts. The things you know at a given time, the things you've experienced at a given time, and possible neurochemical inadequacies (including a psychedelic experience, or any drug/chemical for that matter) all determine what you do. I think that with a psychedelic experience you're not searching for your true self, but rather redefining what your true self is in a more positive light (if that's your goal, anyway).

But when you're young, you still have the power to do that yourself. Take up meditation, try to learn everything there is to know and be healthy. If you can keep up with that lifestyle then yes, a psychedelic experience can be a great addition. Otherwise you're just, well I wouldn't say hindering your development, but you're adjusting it in a way that might be hard to fit in in to a regular life. You might just say that that's a good thing, but once you're removed from regular life there's not a thing in the world you want more than fitting in.

The main reason younger people (e.g me) think they're right for psychedelics is because they have never fit in. Psychedelics aren't going to change that, they only make it worse. That's not to say I haven't gotten anything positive from tripping, to the contrary, it's been the one thing that has helped fighting my malaise. I've learned so much about my behavior and choices in a much more useful way than 5 years of psychotherapy. It's something you really have to weigh for yourself (just pointing out the parts you might not see as a straight (in the 60s sense of the word) person), I said I would've rather waited, but I'm sure I would make the same choice again. Then again, I've been absorbed by this life for as long as I can remember.

Last edited:
The main reason younger people (e.g me) think they're right for psychedelics is because they have never fit in. Psychedelics aren't going to change that, they only make it worse.

Don't you think psychedelics can offer you a bit of comfort in your isolation tho? I think the solace I get from psychedelics is similar to any other kind of solace you can find in life.

nah man tell you from my experience, dropped first L when I was 14.5 yrs old then did it every now and then for 4-5 years about 20 trips total, (not mentioning 100+ times i took different drugs over those years ) then couldn't get acid any more. Now im 24 I wish I had waited until let's say 18-19 with acid consumption. If you start doing psychedelics such as L shrooms and now the more and more common rc's then after 10 years time you might find that you lost a bit of magic. I dont regret having done anything but sometimes I wonder how those 10 years would have gone if i didnt do these drugs. However, I did really well in everything and cant say that drugs destroyed my life or shit like that so i guess its very individual got some friends who went to numerous rehabs prison etc bcoz of drugs but if you take good care of yourself, be intelligent and THINK you might do fine

you should wait to get laid before you try hard drugs...gives you a POV. plus in all actual trusth, youre brain is nowhere near fully developed at this point and wont be for a while....treat it like a tattoo. keep thinking about it and if a years pass and youre like yea i still want to do it and can actually find the real deal, then hell why not. but you also might find that youre like ehh fuck it, it was a passing fancy. you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.