• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

14 years old and really want to try LSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, difficult topic. Optimally, it's not ideal to do powerful mind-altering drugs until your brain is fully developed (which is sometime around age 25). The longer you can put it off, the better.

LSD is not weed, booze or any other "party" drug that guarantees a giggly, euphoric time. It will challenge every belief you hold dear. Many adults come away from LSD trips feeling depressed about their life choices and wanting to drop out of society. Acid makes everyday existence seem pointless to some users (myself included), which can be bad if you're not able to put the experience into context and continue functioning in everyday life. It's much easier to incorporate such experiences when you're older.

If you're going to do it anyway, please use a modest dose in a safe/comfortable setting with people you trust.

In various indigenous cultures, they give high doses of ayahuasca, iboga or peyote to their young.

Are you sure about that Folley? I dunno about Iboga - I'm not sure I'd put that in the same class as ayahuasca or peyote. I've never heard of kids taking high doses of ayahuasca or peyote in any indigenous culture. I remember Maria Sabina saying that her parents found her and her sister taking the mushrooms "they had told us not to take for fear that it would send us mad".

I'm not sure how many people actually take peyote or ayahuasca in these tribes anyway - certainly with Maria Sabina she was the only woman in the village who took the mushrooms purely for diagnosing illness when people came to her. I know people tend to have this picture of indigenous groups all sitting round tripping like a bunch of teenage hippies but I've never actually read of that happening much.

I'd honestly recommend taking LSD over DXM any day, but like sekio said, get a way to test the psychedelics you're going to take. I remember being a teenager. You did right coming and asking on BL, but I'm sure your mind was already made up before posting the question. I'm theorizing you really just want approval.

I feel like you do need more time to develop in all matters. Get into philosophy, mathematics, astronomy, and the other sciences. Develop relationships, and be blissful as a kid while you still can. I was on my way to being a professional hockey player, but I stopped seeing the point of getting paid for something I love after getting involved with psychedelics. Now after having to work everyday for a wage that I see as rather worthless, I wish I could go kick my own ass back then. I won't take back any substance I ever did, but I would change decisions and frequency of compounds I took.

I use to think psychedelics brought on intense change in my mind and personality, but after looking at my song writing and so forth before I started using them, there was no different thought involved with theory of reality(ies). I didn't take drugs for spiritual purposes alone, and anyone who says that's the only reason they is full of excrement. Before you take anyone's advice close to heart, see what else they post around BL. Sekio and Solipsis is always spot on with posts, being moderators that's expected from advice one would give.

Whatever decision you make, be as safe as you can be. It's very hard to be your age and find a reliable contact for LSD specifically. I was involved with psychedelics when DOx's were the biggest problem in being sold as LSD. Enjoy your time as a kid, and you'll have plenty of time to escape from 'reality' when you have to be a fully integrated part of it when you're older.

Im a 14 year old Canadian boy, looking to do Lsd? Is this okay? Ive done high doses of dxm, which were positively life changing, and im on my way to going to high school and dont know what I want to do with my life. While on dxm, I had a crazy experience where I realized what I wanted to do, and who I am, but it was very unclear.. Do you think LSD would give me a more clear, positive insight on who I am and help me discover myself? And how about ecstasy, curious about that to.
Btw, im not doing it for fun, I plan on using it as a helpful tool, although its hard to find :/ But when I find it I plan on using it responsibly, and ive done months worth of research on the drug to prepare myself for the experience.

The mistake, reading your post, is thinking that it's somehow about LSD, that the drugs are the problem here, or even the question.

The effect of LSD or whatever on your neural development is much less important than the effect of your behavior on your mental and social development. Dude, don't take this the wrong way, but you're acting sort of weird. It is just plain strange to see a fourteen-year-old drinking entire bottles of cough syrup and trying to change his life. You don't even have a life to change!

I'm going to go out on a limb here: I bet you've been doing drugs alone. Let me tell you something that a good friend of mine told me some time ago, when I was at the end of the path you're starting to walk down:

bt said:
I saw myself in you--in your endless need to be smart, by comparison to others, to be interestingly eccentric--and I wanted to prevent you from becoming that guy.

But I can't. No one could for me, and I can't do it for you, and you won't be able to help anyone else either. I got accustomed to staying outside of the circle of perpetually, arrogantly unfixable people like myself. That's why I never liked dealing with you, I avoid your hipstery reddity bullshit, and I hate what you are. I hate you, because you are a palpable, younger #####. You are the monster I was, the monster I defeated, and I hate looking at what I was.

I think that you need to take a look at your relationships with the people around you because something is driving you to take drugs instead of sharing your life with all of the other wonderful human beings that inhabit the Universe, and at your age you will find it is seriously more important to be developing social connections, learning to set aside time for work, and developing skills -- any skills, be they musical, mathematical, literary, artistic, athletic, or anything else.

Using drugs, or not using drugs, is not as important as doing things that will teach you through experience how to be an adult human being. If, by some chance, marijuana comes your way, or alcohol, even, in fact, LSD, it is okay: not good, not bad, just okay, as long as you are doing things for their own sake and not to get drugs. You have to build your world: then you can distort it, but seriously: you have to build your world. The sense of identity you will come away with by letting the search for drugs guide your life at this critical period in your development is not a healthy one. You really, really need to just meet people and talk to them, just deal with tedious and difficult work and do it and learn to deal with the difficulty of doing it, just pursue activities you find entertaining and fulfilling and develop your skills at doing them, so that you can become a complete person.

Just do these things, and don't let yourself be distracted by errant personal quests: for drugs, for some special girl who you're totally in love with (you're not), for the feeling that you are mature and intelligent (it really, really does not matter), for the idea that you are attractive and sexually compelling (it's seriously just practice and patience), for any sort of identity that you think will set you apart from the world. You do not need to set yourself apart from the world. You will regret it. (feel free to get a girlfriend if you want, just don't be crazy about it)

You do not want to learn the habit of obsession, because, and this is a guarantee: obsession is a more dangerous thing to learn at your age than almost anything else. You need to learn to be comfortable with who you are right now, living with real people, doing real things, in the real world.

Let me tell you something: adulthood is very often dull, very often tedious, very often difficult, very often uncertain, very often painful, but it is also totally worth it. You do not want to sabotage your development by letting unimportant things like LSD occupy your still very valuable time and thoughts.

You do not, I repeat, you do not want to become a perpetually, arrogantly unfixable person like I did. That path only leads to psychotherapy. There is so much more to life than that.

I wish you way more than luck.

Last edited:
The mistake, reading your post, is thinking that it's somehow about LSD, that the drugs are the problem here, or even the question.

The effect of LSD or whatever on your neural development is much less important than the effect of your behavior on your mental and social development. Dude, don't take this the wrong way, but you're acting sort of weird. It is just plain strange to see a fourteen-year-old drinking entire bottles of cough syrup and trying to change his life. You don't even have a life to change!

I'm going to go out on a limb here: I bet you've been doing drugs alone. Let me tell you something that a good friend of mine told me some time ago, when I was at the end of the path you're starting to walk down:

I think that you need to take a look at your relationships with the people around you because something is driving you to take drugs instead of sharing your life with all of the other wonderful human beings that inhabit the Universe, and at your age you will find it is seriously more important to be developing social connections, learning to set aside time for work, and developing skills -- any skills, be they musical, mathematical, literary, artistic, athletic, or anything else.

Using drugs, or not using drugs, is not as important as doing things that will teach you through experience how to be an adult human being. If, by some chance, marijuana comes your way, or alcohol, even, in fact, LSD, it is okay: not good, not bad, just okay, as long as you are doing things for their own sake and not to get drugs. You have to build your world: then you can distort it, but seriously: you have to build your world. The sense of identity you will come away with by letting the search for drugs guide your life at this critical period in your development is not a healthy one. You really, really need to just meet people and talk to them, just deal with tedious and difficult work and do it and learn to deal with the difficulty of doing it, just pursue activities you find entertaining and fulfilling and develop your skills at doing them, so that you can become a complete person.

Just do these things, and don't let yourself be distracted by errant personal quests: for drugs, for some special girl who you're totally in love with (you're not), for the feeling that you are mature and intelligent (it really, really does not matter), for the idea that you are attractive and sexually compelling (it's seriously just practice and patience), for any sort of identity that you think will set you apart from the world. You do not need to set yourself apart from the world. You will regret it. (feel free to get a girlfriend if you want, just don't be crazy about it)

You do not want to learn the habit of obsession, because, and this is a guarantee: obsession is a more dangerous thing to learn at your age than almost anything else. You need to learn to be comfortable with who you are right now, living with real people, doing real things, in the real world.

Let me tell you something: adulthood is very often dull, very often tedious, very often difficult, very often uncertain, very often painful, but it is also totally worth it. You do not want to sabotage your development by letting unimportant things like LSD occupy your still very valuable time and thoughts.

You do not, I repeat, you do not want to become a perpetually, arrogantly unfixable person like I did. That path only leads to psychotherapy. There is so much more to life than that.

Atara, that was wonderful! Surely a candidate for BOBL
I feel like putting it onto a motivational poster on my wall, and I am approaching 50!

This is pure gold. When I read this I thought it would have been excellent information to know around 6 months after I started doing dxm weekly.
The sheer quality of the posts coming from the mods around here is astonishing. Much respect.

Atara, that was wonderful! Surely a candidate for BOBL
I feel like putting it onto a motivational poster on my wall, and I am approaching 50!

I feel the same way, brilliant post Atara - kudos and respect to you sir.

^ Thank you Zombywoof. I'd rather trip with you at 14. Sounds like you are more mature.

My trip at 14 consisted of 4 close friends camping in the mountains close to home. Weed, beer, music (Grateful Dead as this was 1977) and a nice campfire. We were amazed. Naturally the first thing a few of us though back then was if the leaders of countries got together like this and took acid there would be no war. Sort of naive but visionary. It was the start of a life of psychedelics. At least on and off.

^ Thank you Zombywoof. I'd rather trip with you at 14. Sounds like you are more mature.

My trip at 14 consisted of 4 close friends camping in the mountains close to home. Weed, beer, music (Grateful Dead as this was 1977) and a nice campfire. We were amazed. Naturally the first thing a few of us though back then was if the leaders of countries got together like this and took acid there would be no war. Sort of naive but visionary. It was the start of a life of psychedelics. At least on and off.

you are the same age as me and at 14 i was not that mature 1977 punk had arrived and i fell for that :) took me another two years before my first trip though..music was just so outstanding i remember thinking as long as i had my headphones on i would be happy the rest of my life if i never had to take them off again

I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in. Let me start off, I'm only 16. I talked just like you for the past 3 or so years, thinking how drugs could improve my quality of life. I thought that if I ever wanted to stop whole- heartedly I easily could. I'm not saying my story will happen to you but I just want to tell you what can happen to even a 14 year old. When I was 13 I said I would "try" pot and alcohol and that's it. I did for awhile, but by around 14 and a half my friend pushed me to try Vicodin. I knew the wreckage it would cause, I've seen many pill heads in my life even when I was 14. After weeks of contemplation, I decided. One time would be ok- they perscribe it so it must be fine, right? Wrong, I loved the feeling. Quickly progressed to codeine, Percocet and even tried many benzos sleeping pills amphetamines etc. I'm now 16 and have been using heroin, the worst decision of my life. Right now I'm in a 90 day residential to better my life and hopefully stay sober. I never thought I would be an addict even while I was using, I didn't see it. Don't think that psychedelics and MDMA are any exception. Along with addiction, I suffer from a pretty bad anxiety disorder which leads me to use often. I have tried many meds but only benzos work sufficently, whch of course i cannot take. Again, not saying this will happen to you but be very carefull.

14? you'll be right. i dropped my first acid at that age. was a fun and dandy night. although i lost my eyesight for a bit after smoking a massive cone. generally a fun experience. even the throwing rocks at cars as they drove past part

You need to think this more objectively. You're saying he's gonna be fine, yet in the very same paragraph you say it resulted in you throwing rocks at cars(a very, very unkind and unempathetic thing to do.)

Do you honestly think it's a good idea for him to do it in such a case? Half the posts that seem to encourage him to do LSD also contain caveats... Such as becoming a douchebag, or suffering from abuse...

"Oh yeah, you should definitely do it! Look at me, i'm almost 18 now, and nothing bad happened. Except i now throw rocks at people and suffer from addiction problems."

Again, i've no problem with people doing what they like; I've done that too plenty of times. But i know where to draw the line: The moment something exists your mouth / keyboard, someone's gonna listen and take it into account in their decision making process. For this reason; Think. Everything you do will result in something else later down the line: Good or bad, doesn't matter. The moment you do something, it's gonna cause something else.

LSD isn't objectively good or bad: But it's objectively a bad idea to do it before you're ready. I've done many psychedelics and will likely continue to do so. But i honestly do not think i can suggest them to anyone with full confidence: My only gauge of reality itself is myself. And i'm not fully trustworthy. And neither is everyone else.

it was actually pretty sweet. i mean i was 14 and we already threw rocks at cars at that age anyway. so doing it on acid was no different aside from laughing a whole lot more. were we being little shits? sure. Would i throw rocks at cars now? most likely not.

i'm not in the mood to get philosophic right now, but your opinion is welcome.

And i liked the whole 'karma from your keyboard' bit in the 2nd last paragraph, congrats.

it was actually pretty sweet. i mean i was 14 and we already threw rocks at cars at that age anyway. so doing it on acid was no different aside from laughing a whole lot more. were we being little shits? sure. Would i throw rocks at cars now? most likely not.

But he's 14 now. He is that "little shit" right now. No matter how mature he's for his age; He's still a child and his mental and physical attributes will develop. Would you objectively suggest LSD now? I personally wouldn't suggest it to even a perfectly healthy adult: They know themselves better than i do so who am i to make such a call?

But really, at young age your mind is more malleable; And it's for this reason children learn faster than adults. You don't want to learn too important questions too fast. Challenge the society and norms and whatever only when you've actually any experience of said society.

I did not read the thread, just the title, will add my 2c.

Having done lsd for the first time when I was 14, I would probably not recommend it. Still being ignorant and naive to reality, then completely obliterating it, isn't very healthy for a developing teen. subconciously your focus in life could shift, and at this age your focus should stay on school, developing, enjoying your last few years as a minor.

That being said, experiences I had at 14-16 still blow any nowadays out of the water, I think this was due to an empty concious and just being able to let go and be free....now with stress, money, work, family problems etc, the trips become alot more difficult, though equally rewarding

That being said, experiences I had at 14-16 still blow any nowadays out of the water, I think this was due to an empty concious and just being able to let go and be free....now with stress, money, work, family problems etc, the trips become alot more difficult, though equally rewarding

I think this is it in a nutshell. Someone who is 50 and has a first trip may have a much harder time assimilating the whole experience having solidified their version of reality for 50 years. Someone 16 is still forming ideas and everything is new and fresh, leaving an LSD trip almost easier to handle.

Again, I am of the camp that thinks it is wise to wait until later to trip for everyone else but me. :D And since I believe psychedelics are a tool like a microscope, telescope, or computer, there is good and bad uses of tools. A hammer can build a house or knock someone over the head. Same thing with psychedelics. But I would never tell a youngster to wait until he is 20 to glance through a telescope. Yet I find myself a hypocrate advising waiting on psychedelic use. I have to think about that.

Everyone should have the freedom to do as they please, but I would've rather waited a few years with tripping. The way the whole spirituality thing sucks you in is definitely alienating, and some of my social life is a lot worse because of it. My interests have changed, what I feel a friendship should be is not what those who don't trip think it should and there's not a place to talk about these things.

People around, or in their 20s are a lot more open to stuff like that

I think this is it in a nutshell. Someone who is 50 and has a first trip may have a much harder time assimilating the whole experience having solidified their version of reality for 50 years. Someone 16 is still forming ideas and everything is new and fresh, leaving an LSD trip almost easier to handle.

People are different. I first tried mushrooms when I was 28. Don't remember much because I was drunk when I took them. So, in a sense I consider the first time I really took them was when I was 51. My first time trying them was difficult, but I had prepared as best I could set/setting (would a 14 year old be able to control set/setting?) and rode through it. 18 months and a 100+ trips later I can easily say I've handled it better now then I would have been capable of doing when I was younger. Yeah, some things have solidified, but I've also got more life experience that helps me integrate a trip. Would I have thrown rocks at cars when I was 14 and on shrooms? Yeah, probably.

I wish the OP best of luck. LSD will still be there. RC's, weed, DXM, etc will all still be there later.

Tom

I think this is it in a nutshell. Someone who is 50 and has a first trip may have a much harder time assimilating the whole experience having solidified their version of reality for 50 years.

It depends why you're taking the psychedelic. Most 14 year olds will just be taking it for kicks and giggles. I took my first trip at the age of 30 after the sudden death of a loved one. I'd argue I got more out of the trip than the average 14 year old who is just taking it because he can't get any glue that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.