• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

14 years old and really want to try LSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's you who needs to remember this...

Also, in the spirit of harm reduction: Gain some insight into the way human mind works. Then understand that not everyone is you. Then understand that you are being the single most irresponsible person on this thread and should be ashamed of yourself.

For the OP: DO NOT listen to this guy. You will turn into him.

What exactly is wrong with turning into me? 8)

OP has taken the time to start a thread so probably got the brains to consider multiple points of view.

Most certainly. I'm not going to lie to him because you don't like what I say, I told the truth from my own experiences. The youngin can decide for himself if my testimony is relevant to his situation.

I know im young, but im also a gifted child, my mind set and maturity level is drastically higher then most 14 year olds.

That's what most 14 year olds would say. Wait ~5 years and you'll look back and be amazed at how much you didn't know, how much you thought you knew that was wrong, and just how generally naive you were. This isn't a knock on you personally. It's what everyone goes through and only comes with age and experience.

And if you want to play the wisdom card, then prove what you say...if experienced, knowledgeable users recommend holding off for a bit then heed their advice. Being gifted and mature for your age means absolutely nothing if you're not willing to actually take the advice of more experienced individuals to heart when it's given to you.

JMO.

Last edited:
^ hmm
why so aggressive ? OP obviously wants honesty and not the 'drugs are bad mmmkay' crap he can get at school.

Drugs are chemicals, they are not inherently good or bad: They just are. It's your attitude towards them that matters and i don't think a few people here have the right attitude. I try not to think of chemicals as drugs because that implies something bad.

OP has taken the time to start a thread so probably got the brains to consider multiple points of view.

Yes, but i have insight upon how i was at 14: Mature, sure. Gifted? Who knows. But most certainly i was this: Slave to my whims. I was 14, i was a kid. Even if i thought more important things occasionally, i would mostly be preoccupied with kid stuff: You know, the stuff everyone else within our socities goes through as preparation in order to function in said society later. If you skip this...

You don't want to skip it.

What exactly is wrong with turning into me? 8)

You like chemicals enough to make them the main point of your life this early. It's not good.

Yeah dog
I find myself wishing i could go back to about 16.
Cause back then it was all good times and lots of amphetamine
I didnt try psychs till i was 16
I think there might be some sort of connection between my becoming a drug addict at 16 and trying psyches/MD around then.
I think at least, but i might be wrong.
That and protip: LSD+amphetamine is way moar fun than just acid if you can handle your stims.

You like chemicals enough to make them the main point of your life this early. It's not good.

I'm sure Alexander Shulgin, Albert Hoffman, David Nichols and quite a few other respected chemists would disagree with that last sentence.

Like drugs, knowledge just is. It matters more how you use it than what it was originally intended for. I'm not sure why you believe that one or two LSD trips is going to cause him to not "function in said society", IMO it can only help him understand that society and how to work around it to better fulfill his own personal hopes and dreams. It's when you ABUSE the drug and start using it with regularity that this can become a problem, causing you to get too far from the norm and seeming "out there" to others.

OP, if you really want to trip and REALLY want to do it for the right reasons, go for it. Just be careful, you are playing with fire and there are no child safety locks. You won't know if you overdid it until it's too late, and no one is going to check on your health but you. That got me into a lot of trouble around your age, I had to learn it the HARD way. I still wouldn't take it back, though. It's made me who I am today and I'm proud of that person. I do wish I wasn't such an idiot at times and didn't get into some patterns of abuse that were EXTREMELY hard to break, but even the worst of times opened me up to new levels of compassion and caring

Last edited:
Have you held a beautiful woman in your arms as the sun sets over a horizon? Made love to her and have her collapse on your chest, both breathing in unison with that feeling that noting else matters right now other than her happiness? Have you shared a beer with your buddies after a long day working outside under the sun building a shed or deck? Have you danced under the stars with a few hundred other people as a DJ drops the bass, causing the mood to erupt into joyous ecstasy? There are so many of life's little experiences that you have yet to enjoy that are as good if not better than even the most powerful drug. Little things that shape who you are as a person and subsequent shape how you would experience lsd. Trying to fast track the best things in life with chemicals actually cheapens the joys of life. Even having the stress of not wanting your parents finding out is enough to mean you will never truly get the most out of your trip at 14. Having at least some normal joys to draw upon will actually make your eventual dallies into psychedelics more meaningful and exciting.

I'm sorry to say this but no matter how "mature" you are at 14 you are not old enough to use lsd. It is like throwing you the keys to a ferrari ....all the stuff between. .. to camp out under the stars or cook a gourmet meal for a girl who will drop her panties. Learn to walk before you can run in the warm rain.

Excellent post Busty, Saturday mornings must agree with you ;-)

I like the responses here. However I was smoking weed at 13 and took acid by 14. That is just the way it worked out for me. I had an older brother who was a Deadhead. He also started at a young age because of some friends. Both of us honor students. He graduated Syracuse University in 1982 with a degree in chemical engineering and as well as a second major in physics. He was killed instantly when a drunk driver ran a red light and slammed into his car when he was 26.

While I certainly would caution younger people to wait, it doesn't always happen that way. If someone who was 15 had researched and "asked" for information on tripping as well as had that desire, I say follow your heart. That is much better than turning on someone who is 25 and NOT asking about anything. Ask and ye shall receive. That was me.

I would venture to say that I would want my kid to try LSD (if he had a burning desire) instead of drinking too much. I think drinking really f*cks up a brain. Especially a developing one. But the most important part is the person who is young asking about tripping does research and has a serious dersire.

Saying all that I'd say wait until 18 at least. I think that is wise. But for me personally I would not change one thing about my past. It worked out well (at least until I got into heroin for years of misery). :D Hey, curiosity killed the cat, but not me.

i think being a teenager is a good time to trip, less responsibilities and shit to worry about.

then again i tripped out all the time starting at like 16-17 and my life is fucked up.

the first priority should be getting pussy when you're 14 (or dick, don't know your gender), then do the drugs after.

I know this has already been said, but I don't think anyone should be messing with chemicals at 14 personally. 16 or 17 yeah cool, but not 14 or even 15 imo. Even smoking cannabis that early can have bad consequences for such a young developing mind. Same with using 'ecstasy', wait till your 16 or 17 or so I think, but I'm sure you will do what you like no matter what we all say.

Not to mention there seems to be more and more shit being passed off as acid these days that have caused alot of youngsters to flip the fuck out. You have your whole life ahead of you, the time(s) to do these things will come (or they wont) but dont push it too early.

I started at 17 and I don't think I would have wanted to start much earlier than that.

the first priority should be getting pussy when you're 14 (or dick, don't know your gender), then do the drugs after.

^ why do you think that ?

I would say the priority is school [ but thats because i'm an old fart and can see education is wasted on the young, on the whole ]

I would say having sex too early or when you're not ready will have more lasting, and deeper negative emotional effects than dropping acid.

PS - i'm not trying to de-rail the thread. I think if anything it helps put the acid question in perspective [ i'm kinda ignoring the MDMA part of OP because its a whole different can of worms riskwise ]
A healthy mind can shake off a 'bad' trip, get over it after a couple of days and it may even become a fond memory. Because remembering the visuals isnt as traumatic as actually going through it. A awkward or unpleasant introduction to sex is far more likely to have you needing a shrink later in life than being overwhelmed by a trip.

I'm sure Alexander Shulgin, Albert Hoffman, David Nichols and quite a few other respected chemists would disagree with that last sentence.

No they wouldn't. Unless you somehow missed the part where i implied age: Those guys didn't do potent psychedelics at age 14.

I'm not sure why you believe that one or two LSD trips is going to cause him to not "function in said society"

I don't. I only believe he's not old enough to do LSD. And to be honest, neither are you. I don't think you should be doing LSD because you don't have enough reference points in ordinary reality yet; Patience is a virtue.

I do wish I wasn't such an idiot at times and didn't get into some patterns of abuse that were EXTREMELY hard to break, but even the worst of times opened me up to new levels of compassion and caring

Look: You seem to understand your own problems well enough. But understand others as well. If your experiences have been like this, can you objectively *recommend* LSD if there's a chance it'll result in a similar situation to someone else? You're not even 18 yet and you're still talking about abuse: This isn't something most underaged people would talk about during their daily lives.

So, be strong but also try not to cause further suffering to yourself, and especially to others.

No they wouldn't. Unless you somehow missed the part where i implied age: Those guys didn't do potent psychedelics at age 14.

I don't. I only believe he's not old enough to do LSD. And to be honest, neither are you. I don't think you should be doing LSD because you don't have enough reference points in ordinary reality yet; Patience is a virtue.

Look: You seem to understand your own problems well enough. But understand others as well. If your experiences have been like this, can you objectively *recommend* LSD if there's a chance it'll result in a similar situation to someone else? You're not even 18 yet and you're still talking about abuse: This isn't something most underaged people would talk about during their daily lives.

So, be strong but also try not to cause further suffering to yourself, and especially to others.

+1 on all counts.

Also FWIW, Alexander Shulgin and Albert Hoffman were long into adulthood before they used psychedelics. I don't know about David Nichols but I'm assuming the same. I think you would have a difficult time finding a quotation from any of them that using LSD during adolescence is a worthwhile pursuit.

There has been some amazing advice in this thread and I hope you take it to heart OP. I will agree with a majority of this thread and say hold off on the LSD and MDMA until you are a little older. There are a few main reasons but, the big one being your not physically and mentally done developing. It doesn't matter how mature you are for your age. Taking these drugs at your age can potentially have an effect on your development.

LSD experiences are undeniably amazing and often life changing. LSD and psychedelic drugs in general don't change a person but, often aids a person in changes in their everyday life. This is only applicable when the user wants to take their experience and integrate it into their life. Both the drugs you mentioned have a tendency to "teach" and show the user things that they haven't otherwise noticed. Most of the time it is for the better and the user somehow integrates it into daily life. Everyone has their own way of doing things. You at the age of fourteen have so much to still experience. Some of these things are great (better than drugs) and others not so great. But, all these experiences good and bad are going to help shape you as person. From things like dealing with stress normally, to relationships etc. Drugs in general but especially, MDMA and LSD (all psychedelics really) can have a big impact on how you deal with all these things. I think it would be for the better if you learn to cope with normal adult situations before introducing drugs to the mix. If you must, use mind expanding substances I think cannabis would be a better alternative for now. Although, I am not saying that is good idea either.

MDMA has a big impact on your serotonin system and that is not something you really want to mess with when your still developing. I very rarely eat MDMA anymore. I did't abuse it in large doses or extremely frequent. But, I did have a little to much fun. I "lost the magic" andI suffered for a little while (felt like a long time) But, I did make a full recovery. I couldn't imagine going through what follows overuse of MDMA. Especially, still in highschool when you have to keep truckin'.

Lot's of new users (not everyone) go through this honeymoon phase where they just discovered the best thing ever. This sometimes leads to dosing more frequently then they should. Especially, now a days with all the mainstream EDM shows, massives, festivals etc. Also how mainstream MDMA or I should say "Molly" is. I've come to hate that word with a passion…. anyway lol
It is for some an encouragement to roll frequently considering how often these events are. Not to mention the atmosphere is often an escape for many.

These days you don't need to find out about a underground party by word of mouth in a hard to reach location with map points. These parties are now everywhere all the time. I have witnessed first hand, many friends go overboard with MDMA and psychedelics due to their frequent attendance.
I will say there are plenty of people who don't need drugs to enjoy events. I for one generally favor attending music venues not under the influence. But, for some the drugs and music go, hand in hand. Sometimes, having a hard time separating the connection
Though, I attend many shows sober now, I have definitely had my "honeymoon" phase. Where it was all brand new. I thought I discovered the greatest thing in the universe. Drugs and the parties went together like PB and J. Well, doing so takes a toll. I can no longer do so and I am still young. But, I have learned to balance them.

This is not to say you will abuse or overuse these drugs. But, I am simply pointing out it tends to be easy. Often, it goes unplanned.

The other aspect is acquiring the drugs. If you do choose to use these drugs please test them first! Taking some of the RC's or other drugs often passed off as LSD and MDMA can have a negative impact on anyone expecting the real deal. But, I think especially due to age.
I also am aware of how publicized the "dark web" is now. If this is how you plan on acquiring these substances I ask you to take a step back and re-evaluate. At your age, you obviously don't have your own place. By doing so puts your folks at risk.

I will throw in that I used my first psychedelic at 15 and it was mushrooms. I didn't use it often until I was older. I didn't fully grasp the experience then, it was more for fun and to get fucked up. I will say I agree with some others in this thread in saying when you do start maybe start with low doses of mushrooms before jumping head first into LSD. Ease into the psychedelic experience. That's just my opinion.

I wish you good luck what ever you choose. I admire you for asking second opinions before ingesting these substances. That says a lot about you.
If you choose not to ingest LSD now, take the time and read books on psychedelics. Especially, the psychedelic experience by leary, metzner and alert. These books will keep you plenty engaged and prepare you for the vast world of psychedelics.

I'm sure they all had an interest in chemicals at a young age, whether they were chemicals they consumed or not. That was my point.

and suffering? From LSD? It's happened once, that drug has brought more joy into my life than ANY other. No, the only suffering I've been through because of drugs was from the MDMA and meth abuse, and yes, I mean abuse. I don't talk about this in my daily life, I'm talking about it here on a drug forum to a kid who is already using high doses of DXM.

IMO put down the robotussin and take a few tabs of LSD every few months, it would be more beneficial than smoking weed everyday. I don't think you'll disagree there. Just don't go overboard, that's the most important part at a young age. The only way you learn your limits is by going past them, so just play it safe and don't dance too close to the fire just yet.

LSD is a very safe drug, one of the safest. If you're going to take anything at such a young age, it might as well be that. +1 on the testing though, if you go out asking everyone if they can find acid you're sure to get some either plain paper or nasty RC.... obviously, that is NOT safe.

I'm sure they all had an interest in chemicals at a young age, whether they were chemicals they consumed or not. That was my point.

Truth. But... My only point was that he's not old enough. And yours was a response to that post. Therefore i replied in a logical manner. Context is important. And context is important with LSD: It's nothing without a reference point in itself.

and suffering? From LSD? It's happened once, that drug has brought more joy into my life than ANY other. No, the only suffering I've been through because of drugs was from the MDMA and meth abuse, and yes, I mean abuse. I don't talk about this in my daily life, I'm talking about it here on a drug forum to a kid who is already using high doses of DXM.

Not LSD. From substances in general. I don't think you should be doing anything that young, this is my only point here. I won't judge you for it. Trust me on that one. But, it won't help anyone for you to suggest they repeat the same path.
IMO put down the robotussin and take a few tabs of LSD every few months, it would be more beneficial than smoking weed everyday. I don't think you'll disagree there. Just don't go overboard, that's the most important part at a young age. The only way you learn your limits is by going past them, so just play it safe and don't dance too close to the fire just yet.

LSD is a very safe drug, one of the safest. If you're going to take anything at such a young age, it might as well be that. +1 on the testing though, if you go out asking everyone if they can find acid you're sure to get some either plain paper or nasty RC.... obviously, that is NOT safe.

:/

I'm gifted as well, but that doesn't change the fact that we still have to go through adolescence at a reasonable pace. I was the same and pushing it lead to me having an existential crisis, even though I started around 18. Trust me, you are not the only one who thinks they are mature for their age - the point is that even if you are right, you are still much more vulnerable than when you will be in a few years. Gifted people are often especially sensitive by the way, which is often one of the things that enable them to do what they can do. This sensitivity makes it even more potentially risky.

Don't underestimate this, the ability to learn and develop very fast does not make us superman. It is pretty dangerous to neglect that emotional development has to keep up and for this to stay integrated and on track we need to go through natural life experiences, to have stuff happen to us that cannot happen in a trip.

I urge you to limit yourself to soft stuff that doesn't have a big impact and to wait until you at least finish high school. Assuming you will attend college, the situation is much more ideal because you will have at least some of a basis of a naturally developed sense of identity, there is less or no clashing adult supervision and you will have laid a foundation of getting through a school even if you are not sure yet what you are doing it for.

What's the hurry? It must be impatience, (maybe some hubris), and the inability all of us often have 'to see how we can get through something unless something happens NOW'. There is no loss if you start at around 18, there is still plenty of time left after that and at least you have some naturally developed sense of self to go on before you start defragmenting it all through desintegration and reintegration.

In my opinion, if you are as mature as you say you will see the sense in what I'm saying (out of experience no less), if you decide to ignore it don't you think you should have a very good reason to?
(Also, I am not trying to patronise you... children / young people can be really paranoid about that :D I mean what kind of ill-conceived reasons do you think older people have to urge you to stay away from certain things?)

I am 28 now by the way, and I've pretty much tried it all. Psychedelics changed my life, my second psychedelic experience ever was extreme and it changed everything for me. A lot of the friends I have, in particular the ones with high intelligence, went through similar stuff. I felt it was important and while it messed a lot of things up for me it also gave me a lot. People who say you can get stuck in a trip are only talking 90% bullshit, it is way to simplistic to say it like that but there are definitely real risks of changes that end up being more than you bargained for.
I am incredibly grateful that until 18, I sticked to some minor drinking, some weed-smoking and some herbal highs. A bad trip would be the least of your worries. Mushrooms are not a lighter alternative like some people seem to suggest here. They were absolutely the most hardcore for me, they were wat changed my life the most and they are a full-strenght psychedelic like LSD is.

So like others that posted before me I fully empathise with your reasons to want to do it. But wanting to use these as a tool instead of fun is an even bigger reason to be responsible and wait. If you succeed and the questions about who you are and what you want to do get addressed you have no idea what you could potentially get yourself involved in. These are deep questions and you wouldn't believe how deep that stuff can go. Being gifted may only enable you to go even deeper with that which can be very confusing and destabilising to your life.

Don't get fixated, find some alternatives that don't have the potential of real classical psychedelics such as LSD, but that are still plenty interesting to do for a few years. Also I wouldn't mess with MDMA (ecstasy) so early in your brain's development. Not sure but you might potentially risk problems later on such as depression and other issues. You may not understand that it would be hard to just stick to doing it one time.

(also, don't people usually go to high school at 12?)

This x 100 - nothing to add, sound and wise advice right there mate.

14 is indeed quite young to be using psychedelics. But, of course, some segment of the population uses them anyway. Many people do get burned, too, usually from overconfidence.

Seeing as you have already used DXM a few times, it seems unlikely to me you will just stop and wait 5 years until you use acid. Taking proper precautions will definitely help mitigate any risk.
  • testing the blotters with Ehrlich's reagent (or some other color change reagent) if at all possible
  • starting with 1/2 or 1/4 a blotter, or less
  • eating them orally rather than sublingually/buccally
  • having a sober sitter or at least the option to contact one
  • a period of time when you can minimize contact with people who dislike drugs.

Educating yourself about the effects of the drug and reading other similar experiences can help as well. However, you should also educate yourself a little about how your brain and mind work together, and a little about how the human visual system can do things like make trails and colorful patterns.

Just FYI - drugs by no means will tell you who or what you are, any more than prayer, meditation, or tea leaf reading. You are the only one with the power to decide where you will go and what you will do, not your subconscious. Like Soli said, if you go asking hard questions, you might get answers you don't like. Once you go messing around breaking the locks on the doors of perception, it is hard to close them again...

If you know you want to do LSD, just treat it with respect, and don't take it too seriously. The LSD experience is novel no matter who you are, but in the end it's really just some chemicals messing with some other chemicals in your brain. I would advise you to keep your usage very moderate, once every 2-3 months is probably plenty.

Likewise with MDMA - if you are going to do it, do low doses infrequently, research the effects and experiences thoroughly, and get it tested. MDMA is a lot less safe for a developing brain than LSD is, but can still be used safely if you excercise some restraint. (some people use amphetamine daily as teenagers, I think the occasional 80-100mg of MDMA is going to be just fine.)

^^^ This is extremely good advice. Incredibly well said. You never fail to impress me, sekio.

I agree completely. When in my high school days, I noticed way more detrimental effects from smoking weed than I did with any other psychedelic used at the time.

You know you have stumbled into Psychedelics Forum when you read "Hasselhoff" and "babe magnet" in the same sentence.

Do you dare to disrespect "The Hoff"? :D

No. Couldnt disagree more. Smoking weed is far far more likely to fuck your grades up than acid.
It'll rob you of your motivation if used much more than once a fortnight.

Not if your motivation is to sit on the couch and watch TV ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.