• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

14 years old and really want to try LSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you held a beautiful woman in your arms as the sun sets over a horizon? Made love to her and have her collapse on your chest, both breathing in unison with that feeling that noting else matters right now other than her happiness? Have you shared a beer with your buddies after a long day working outside under the sun building a shed or deck? Have you danced under the stars with a few hundred other people as a DJ drops the bass, causing the mood to erupt into joyous ecstasy? There are so many of life's little experiences that you have yet to enjoy that are as good if not better than even the most powerful drug. Little things that shape who you are as a person and subsequent shape how you would experience lsd. Trying to fast track the best things in life with chemicals actually cheapens the joys of life. Even having the stress of not wanting your parents finding out is enough to mean you will never truly get the most out of your trip at 14. Having at least some normal joys to draw upon will actually make your eventual dallies into psychedelics more meaningful and exciting.

I'm sorry to say this but no matter how "mature" you are at 14 you are not old enough to use lsd. It is like throwing you the keys to a ferrari and cringing as you grind the shit out of the gear box. Worse than that, by starting your drug experiments so young you run the very real risk of burning out by your twenties and losing the magic for when you are older and can draw on a lifetime of memories and emotions. You should be out there chasing pussy, getting into fights with bullies and teaching yourself how to camp out under the stars or cook a gourmet meal for a girl who will drop her panties. Learn to walk before you can run in the warm rain.
Geese bumped, I'm afraid.

Second'd

There are so many of life's little experiences that you have yet to enjoy that are as good if not better than even the most powerful drug.

Personally I rate a psychedelic experience as far more important and meaningful than women or friends. But I get the gist of your point.

I've always found psychedelics were more valuable to loners and seekers tho - if women and beer satisfied you then you wouldn't bother getting into psychedelics would you?

Like it or not, there _is_ a good, scientific reason why Americans can't buy alcohol until we're 21. There has been plenty of research done on the effects of alcohol, tobacco, cannabis, and other drugs on teenagers, and across the board we've seen that people younger than ~20 or so are MUCH more vulnerable to the negative effects of drug use.

Why? It's because at your age, your entire body is changing rapidly, especially your brain. By comparison, a twenty-something's brain is much more "fixed" which means that if it gets flooded with powerful chemicals, it can more or less repair itself and get back to normal after a while. However, since your brain is still growing, it doesn't have a "fixed" state to return to, so taking psychoactive drugs may change your personality down the line, or worse it may slow or stop your brain's development. This is why people who start drinking or smoking as teens are far more likely to become addicts.

LSD and MDMA are VERY powerful chemicals, and very little is known about how they might affect adolescent minds (though we know enough to say that it's probably not good.) What it comes down to is this: you won't lose anything by waiting a few years to try LSD (it will still be around, don't worry), while if you take it at 14 you're risking your own mental health for years to come.

though we know enough to say that it's probably not good.)

Not sure i agree, not sure you could find a source either [ regarding LSD anyway ]
I consider my 1st trip [ age 15 ] to be the first day of my life. 20 years later I can still feel its influence.
My personal problem was putting it into perspective. I spent years trying to get back to that place...that did some damage. Not the actual trip itself.

But if you're reading OP - yeah just wait a bit.

I have always enjoyed tripping with my partner. Dropping acid, plugging in iPods and synching the same album, then walking hand in hand around our local modern art gallery, before retiring to our backyard where we made love for hours, is one of the best days of my life. Sharing a beer with her in the shower as we enjoyed the come down many hours later was pretty awesome to. Cooking duck ragu on an open fire naked in the wilderness and washing it down with a nice wine, all the while the fractals exploded around me was a pretty close second.

You could do this alone I guess but personally I find no one else wants to hear about these stories, it is better to reminisce with someone who was there.

Like it or not, there _is_ a good, scientific reason why Americans can't buy alcohol until we're 21. There has been plenty of research done on the effects of alcohol, tobacco, cannabis, and other drugs on teenagers, and across the board we've seen that people younger than ~20 or so are MUCH more vulnerable to the negative effects of drug use.

I thought it was you were a bunch of repressed God fearers who have poor parenting skills. The rest of the world teach their children to drink wine responsibly with dinner at 11 or 12, therefore instilling a healthy respect for alcohol (and hopefully other drugs) and thus reducing future binge drinking. Having good role models are better than finger shaking in my experience.

Last edited:
^
Nobody wants to hear my tripping stories.
I don't want to tell them.

I couldn't find the words.

You could do this alone I guess but personally I find no one else wants to hear about these stories, it is better to reminisce with someone who was there.

Last edited:
I have always enjoyed tripping with my partner.

Trips may mean more to someone who doesn't have a partner tho, I mean does tripping really make any difference to some babe magnet like David hasslehoff? He could always go out with his girlfriend and have a good time anyway.

^ i read his autobiography

he played football at college [ for fun ] and couldnt see the point of tripping

Later he became an alcoholic and he feels some resentment that he didnt get enough credit for his part in bringing down the berlin wall [ i shit you not ]

If thats not an advert for the positives of LSD i dont know what is

You know you have stumbled into Psychedelics Forum when you read "Hasselhoff" and "babe magnet" in the same sentence. I would have nodded if you mentions Johnny Depp perhaps or Jim Morrison but Mitch Buchannan???

This should be a serious warning to you Mr 14 yr Old, drugs from an early age will fuck your judgement :)

you probably dont wanna hear it, but you might be a little too young for LSD and the like--not because you are not mature enough, you have shown enough maturity by seeking out advice on a site like BL. the issue is that the brain is still growing at your age. i took LSD for the first time at 16 and it blew the fucking doors off of my brain. looking back i can definitely tell my brain was not done growing and making connections. having such an intense psychedelic experience at such a young age changed my personality drastically during the most formative years of my minds growth.

its hard to say how it will affect one person to another, but it certainly has the potential to turn your attitudes, belief systems and personality completely upside down. for better or for worse, it can change everything. i probably had a decent chance to turn out like a normal suburban kid but LSD changed that completely--my brain is definitely not wired like an average person partly because of my use of psychedelics during formative years.

while the general consensus is wait a little while, if you have your heart set on it like i did, no one will be able to stop you from taking these substances. do yourself a favor though, make sure what you are taking is what you intend. try to pick up testing kits, which are widely available online and at festivals and raves. knowledge is power, and if you are going to tread into these potentially dangerous waters you need to know everything you possibly can, most importantly, just what the hell you are putting into your body

id say smoking weed at your age is fine, i certainly did along with drinking. while i was infinitely curious about psychedelic drugs at fourteen i was perfectly fine with just smoking pot and drinking. my advice is to wait until LSD finds you. i dont think MDMA would be particularly bad if you get the right stuff--once again, test your goods and make sure it is what its supposed to be. some people recommend taking mushrooms before LSD as they dont last as long and can be a little less psychicly jarring. either way, learn as much as you possibly can about these substances, read a million trip reports, only deal with trustworthy people and test your stuff. if you go ahead and take these substances dont do them in shitty situations just because you cant trip at home--wait until you are in a 100% comfortable environment with people you trust. you dont want your first time to go to waste!

No. Couldnt disagree more. Smoking weed is far far more likely to fuck your grades up than acid.
It'll rob you of your motivation if used much more than once a fortnight.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090202175105.htm

yeah and so will chronic masturbation. lets be real here--a little bit of pot never hurt anyone. for a kid thats looking to try powerful psychedelic drugs i think a little bit of marijuana is not a very big deal. OP does DXM, which is horrible stuff IMO, not only have i not found it very rewarding, its mentally and physiologically dangerous and addictive. i am sorry pot has affected you in such a way but just because thats how you feel doesnt mean thats how a drug will affect everyone else.

all i know is i graduated high school with A's and i smoked every day the last couple of years. pot is a different ball game all together. of course when you are in school you should limit smoking to something like every weekend, especially when you are younger. in an ideal situation for youngsters of course they should not be taking drugs, but its 2013, get real. kids are going to try to get fucked up. better do it in moderation with weed than anything else IMO.

the way i look at it is if young people come on here to ask a question, they are not really going to listen to the ones that give the same answers they get in their freshmen health class. i sure as shit didnt.

All I know is all my bad LSD trips were as a teenager and none were in my 30s. I had several in a row, even on small doses. I don't know if my brain wasn't developed or I was just afraid to go to back to my parents house. Maybe I was full of hormones, maybe I wasn't emotionally mature enough to handle it I really don't know. All I know is there were a few trips in my teenage age years that were total hell. Be prepared for it not to be a nice experience.
My advice is to wait.

^ I've had over 100 psychedelic trips, the majority of which were LSD. I've only had one truly bad experience... I am turning 18 at the end of August.

I started using psychedelics at 13, and I wouldn't take ANY of it back.

IMO no one can tell you if you're ready OP, but from how you talk it seems you are at least responsible enough to dip your toes in. Just don't cannonball into the deep end and start tripping every week, not that young..

In various indigenous cultures, they give high doses of ayahuasca, iboga or peyote to their young. They aren't doing so for fun though, so be sure to watch how you go through with it. If you just are looking to have fun, look elsewhere. If you are serious about the insight these drugs can give you though, IMO, the kind of insight they give you can be extremely beneficial at a young age. You're more impressionable, so you can get more out of it. With that thinking though, it would also be MUCH easier for you to get TOO MUCH out of it... so please, do be careful if you do through with this.

Just remember the difference between using and abusing drugs.

You know you have stumbled into Psychedelics Forum when you read "Hasselhoff" and "babe magnet" in the same sentence. I would have nodded if you mentions Johnny Depp perhaps or Jim Morrison but Mitch Buchannan???

This should be a serious warning to you Mr 14 yr Old, drugs from an early age will fuck your judgement :)

Hahaha, qaulity ! Nail on the head .. I had to laugh at this statement ..

lets be real here--a little bit of pot never hurt anyone. for a kid thats looking to try powerful psychedelic drugs i think a little bit of marijuana is not a very big deal. OP does DXM, which is horrible stuff IMO,

I love weed. But its not harmless, especially the really potent stuff thats around these days.

I obviously didn't read the OP very carefully because I missed the bit where he mentions DXM. So yeah, weed beats DXM on many levels.

Lots to read and take in OP. Don't forget to get back to us and tell us what you think and if any of this has had any impact

EDIT - OP mentions DXM in the 1st sentence.... feeling a tad stoopid now i can tell ya :eek:

Last edited:
^ I've had over 100 psychedelic trips, the majority of which were LSD. I've only had one truly bad experience... I am turning 18 at the end of August.

IMO no one can tell you if you're ready OP, but from how you talk it seems you are at least responsible enough to dip your toes in. Just don't cannonball into the deep end and start tripping every week, not that young..

In various indigenous cultures, they give high doses of ayahuasca, iboga or peyote to their young. They aren't doing so for fun though, so be sure to watch how you go through with it. If you just are looking to have fun, look elsewhere. If you are serious about the insight these drugs can give you though, IMO, the kind of insight they give you can be extremely beneficial at a young age. You're more impressionable, so you can get more out of it. With that thinking though, it would also be MUCH easier for you to get TOO MUCH out of it... so please, do be careful if you do through with this.

thats great that you started so young and had good results, i know a lot of people that havent really. i was sixteen when i first started tripping and wouldnt change anything either, but it probably is not the ideal age.

and you are right--in many cultures kids even younger than fourteen are imbibing psychedelic substances, but those societies have a cultural framework to support that. in the US and canada we do not. for years i felt a kind of psychic alienation brought on by the seriously deep existential issues that are brought up in psychedelic trips. during that age many kids often have existential crisis on their own, without drugs. i am sure that if i was a bit older and had more life experience that period would have not felt so lonely and lost. luckily i rebuilt things from there and am much better than could have ever been before that, but dont get me wrong, its a difficult path for some.

when you are off tripping on acid pondering the interconnectedness of the universe and the nature of consciousness, most of your classmates are trying to get a ride to the movies and working up the courage to ask out girls on dates. to try to fit all that in at the same time can be daunting, and of course, a lot of people DONT fit all that in. some parts of peoples lives are put on hold and they have to learn these things at an older age. i am glad that i got most of my social development in somehow, because i have seen many kids that spent high school getting stoned and tripping and still have a very hard time socially. i feel like thats the most important thing you learn in high school, maybe other than how to take a test, bullshit a paper, etc.

EDIT: while i say all of this, i took ecstasy for the first time on my seventeenth birthday and it was one of the best nights of my life. it tied together my drug-taking, psychonautic life into my normal high school social life in the most beautiful, easy and sublime ways possible. it was a great reward for getting through high school. taking good MDMA with friends around that age was one of the best things ever. maybe its different now because i cant take it for the first time again--but something about finally identifying with a group of close friends, my first real love in a beautiful experience with such a rewarding chemical does warrant some kind of recommendation from me.

Last edited:

I think it's you who needs to remember this...

Also, in the spirit of harm reduction: Gain some insight into the way human mind works. Then understand that not everyone is you. Then understand that you are being the single most irresponsible person on this thread and should be ashamed of yourself.

For the OP: DO NOT listen to this guy. You will turn into him.

^ hmm
why so aggressive ? OP obviously wants honesty and not the 'drugs are bad mmmkay' crap he can get at school.

OP has taken the time to start a thread so probably got the brains to consider multiple points of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.