Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The new and improved Smackie thread; respectable junkies

All I asked for was pretty simple.

Boast all you want, but drop the mg's.

Halif, ODB, 1k, laugh and a few others made it too hard for me to be serious at the moment, there is some funny arse shit posted on these last two pages.

Last edited:
CB I have since asked that can go boast in DC where it belongs. I am not going to give any slide for an immature poster who can't take criticism from others and clutter the very thread in question with his whiny antics. Any more posts like there have been and I wont hesitate to remove them.

Tentram, I don't give a fuck if you abuse your meds, honestly if you are happy to lie around all day shooting M then you go ahead mate, I couldn't care less quite honestly. All I asked was that you stop the boasting about it in here and all I have copped since is lip and nonsense.

In future if you want to post off your phone keep it to the character limit or jump on a computer instead.

You can feel free to ignore my instructions I will remove any such posts and investigate whether an issuing of infractions at that stage is also appropriate. Since I edited the instruction into my last post I will ignore the repeated discussion, but as off now this off topic shit is to stop, so either back on topic or keep it to yourself.

This post is clearly glorifying the injection of morphine and polydrug use in my opinion. It certainly has no actual purpose and did not need to be posted in this thread for any reason.

I don't have a problem with people casually mentioning from time to time they have had some drugs for the day and things of that nature, but when you are repeatedly posting for no other reason than to declare how high you are that is no longer cool.

If you want to know how your post was against the rules I would say that it is off topic in the sense that it neither relates to heroin or HR use of the substance. We have allowed some off topic discussion to take place in this thread, as is allowed in most threads, we as moderators are not looking to create a stifling environment on AusDD where posters are not allowed to speak their mind or have a bit of fun and/or light hearted discussion, we simply ask that this remain within the boundaries of common sense and to my mind repeated posts about injecting a few hundred mg of morphine and eating valium on top push those boundaries. This thread has gone very downhill in a very short space of time since this issue was raised and that is unfortunate, as before this was a good thread and I always felt there was a good relationship between the regular posters here. I take no joy in asking people to correct their behaviour, unapproving posts, handing out infractions or getting into arguments over the rules of the forum, absolutely none whatsoever, I would much prefer that things run smoothly and civilly but at times that means posters have to adhere to moderators decisions, whether they like those decisions or not.

Last edited:
I've been on methadone(90mg) for a few months now and it has been a lifesaver. I used once about a week ago in spite of my partner coz he was being an ass. I ended up having 0.65g of the best stuff around for ages IV and got a very minimal effect so I'm done with it. I'll stick to my methadone and benzos. I get satisfaction from that so why waste stupid amounts of money.

I am jealous of those who can use without getting a habit!

Now I feel bad for posting in this thread.

Respectable Junkies indeed. It seems like for anyone reading this thread that we're anything but respectable. I am paranoid by nature, so I hope no hate was directed at me from either the tentram camp or the other camp. I have a tolerance, I'm not proud of it but it is what it is. Please accept my apologies if I overstepped any lines.

I hate feeling like this, I do feel like a "respectably junkie", being a constructive member of society, working, being depressed and suicidal most of the time, you know, the usual. I hope I didn't contribute to Tentram's tantram by asking questions, because I was at first curious, then sceptical and now I feel like I caused a whole heap of negative shit in this thread which I never intended.

Sorry

Now I feel bad for posting in this thread.

Respectable Junkies indeed. It seems like for anyone reading this thread that we're anything but respectable. I am paranoid by nature, so I hope no hate was directed at me from either the tentram camp or the other camp. I have a tolerance, I'm not proud of it but it is what it is. Please accept my apologies if I overstepped any lines.

I hate feeling like this, I do feel like a "respectably junkie", being a constructive member of society, working, being depressed and suicidal most of the time, you know, the usual. I hope I didn't contribute to Tentram's tantram by asking questions, because I was at first curious, then sceptical and now I feel like I caused a whole heap of negative shit in this thread which I never intended.

Sorry

I don't think you should be sorry for someone else who didn't follow simple requests.

So don't feel bad for posting your question to him.

Let's get this 'respectable' thread back on track.

Group hug.

Ahhh such fond memories... sounds like an argument over who had the biggest shot when 3 of you went in on it and 1 guy feels he may have gotten a tiny taste less than the other two. Alternative view is the pub punch up as posted by laugh. Mind you being on the nod at one of those means people kicking the shit out of you and all you do is smile back and nod out. Best way to be, unless your a psychopath. I LOVE VIOLENCE FARRRKKK YEAAAHHHH! (sound of breaking glass and shattering bone).

^ it's different for eveybody, but your on a fairly high dose, so id probably wait 3-4 days before having your 'tickle'.

I think the amount of time spent on the drug would effect this too. You say 17 days which isn't too long, but bupe is one powerful drug. I would wait the full 4 days, just so you don't waste any of your DOC.

Fuck eating some oxy you've saved for a special occasion, and have it not work, shattering situation. Something people cry about.

So how many days would i have to wait after using subs to have a little tickle?

I've been on subs for a while now and ended up getting high a lot in the first year, so I have some experience with this one. In the end I found the best way was to lower your dose one morning (1/2 - 1/3 of your normal dose), to take another 1 - 2mg either that night or the next morning, and then use on day 3. So if I wanted to get high on Friday, I'd go:

Usualy 24mg - Tuesday morning
8 - 12mg, Wednesday morning
1 - 2mg, either Wednesday night or Thursday morning.
then nothing until Friday morning, at which point I'd shoot my H/Morphine/Oxy.

Using this system, I'd get at least 90% or so of the effect from the full opiate on the first dose, and 100% by the end of the day.

You might have to adjust that further, since you're 8mg higher than me, but the same principle applies.

If you try to take a break going straight from your full sub dose to getting high and don't taper down for a couple days beforehand then you get this really crappy period of a day or so where you're feeling horrible, but there's still just enough bupe in your system to block most of the effects if you end up taking your full opiate, so depending on your willpower you end up either wasting your stash or having to hold out while feeling like shit for a day or so, neither of which is particularly fun :/ With the taper system, the 1 - 2mg piles onto whats left of your previous doses into your system and keeps you going so you don't hit w/d's until a couple hours before you're going to have your full opiate dose.

Unfortunately, the swap back to the suboxone is much harder, I found I pretty much just had to suck it up and go 24 - 30 hours since my last shot before taking the subs. Although, it helps if you do a codeine CWE and take that as your last dose, since codeine is weaker and has a shorter half life than most other opiates, you'll be able to shorten the wait time.

:Xi hear ya! my quote is always save a wake up but i never really could, i wouldnt be able to sleep knowing that dope was there(plus i cant sleep well on h anyway) for the shooting anytime i chose so i would inevetibly end upfixing my last bit at 1 or 2 am just because i cant wait, so i would end up once again end up sick, depressed and already scared about the stealing i was going to have to do for more, it pissed me off to no end :Xbut i couldnt help myself. sorry i dont have any good advice , i just wanted to let you know your not the only one

Had first drink in a long time the other day, I do not miss the bars , hangovers and violence. It never ceases to amaze me how the drug alcohol is so accepted yet even something minor like codeine is vilified.
The nightlife in any western town is 90% alcohol related, it doesn't give much incentive to those who choose not to drink to go out and spend $ in the local economy. The people in the Victorian era had the right idea with the opium dens, seems so civilized to bring opiate users out of the shadows and incorporate them into society , paying tax on the product , creating local jobs etc..

For all the problems that opiates have given at least they kept me off the booze which for myself is a far more destructive drug.

i think id rather a hangover for a few hours than a few days of opi withdrawal.

in saying that i think everything should be available for adults, adults being the key word, if you are old enough to do drugs you should be old enough to deal with the consequences of the comedowns/withdrawals. it already is (street drugs available to anyone) its just the crooks are cashing in, id rather buy my MDMA, coke, smack, whatever from the chemist than some money hungry cunt that doest give a fuck about ya health selling dodgy shite. let the trained chemist produce under strict supervision and quality control, let the users pay tax on their toys, let this tax money serve all rather than just the gangsters/mobsters/investment bankers children with nothing better to do with all their parents money than play in the illegal drug trade.

the people supplying the drugs big time are not shit kickers, they have money and connections to begin with. its just a money making game to them just like the stock market.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I'd want everything legalized, but I think, at a minimum, we need a proper opiate maintenance program which allows addicts to maintain on their drug of choice, instead of forcing them onto methadone or suboxone.

i think id rather a hangover for a few hours than a few days of opi withdrawal.

Yeah W/D can be unpleasant but I've had some pretty shocking hangovers, shakes , vomiting ,diarrhea, stomach pains, nausea, headache.
being hospitalized with alcohol poisoning beats any WD's i've ever had.
Thats just the hangover , what about the other day after issues , all types of regret, making a fool of yourself, waking up realizing you dropped a couple hundy at the bar, getting your head kicked in/glassed etc. Never had those experiences or feelings the day after a big night on the opiates.
Also unlike a heroin withdrawl alcohol withdrawl can be lethal. at equivalent doses (30mg H- 100g Alc) ethanol is more toxic than heroin.

everyone's pharmacokinetics are different, but a person seriously intoxicated on booze is a far bigger threat to others safety than someone on the nod.

I think opium dens are a great idea, I most likely wouldn't seek out other opiates if I had access to top quality opium to use in a pleasant environment. I remember reading somewhere about a move to include vaping tools along with rigs at exchanges to encourage smoking as a safer ROA, I wonder if anyone would give up heroin IV use for the legal use of opium?

I wonder if anyone would give up heroin IV use for the legal use of opium?

I would have in a second, as long as it was cost efficient. IVing was mostly an efficiency measure for me, I took it up when my tolerance was so high that other ROA's weren't viable, I'd have much rathered smoking/snorting my drugs and avoid all the hassle and mess of using needles.

I've been on methadone(90mg) for a few months now and it has been a lifesaver. I used once about a week ago in spite of my partner coz he was being an ass. I ended up having 0.65g of the best stuff around for ages IV and got a very minimal effect so I'm done with it. I'll stick to my methadone and benzos. I get satisfaction from that so why waste stupid amounts of money.

I am jealous of those who can use without getting a habit!

Hey mate, what are you intentions for the immediate and long term future regarding staying on methadone (if I may ask). Are you going to be dropping your dose and getting off or are you just content with the stability it is providing you right now?

Another open questions to any methadone users in this thread - what time do you usually take your dose. Do you wake up with W/D?

Another open questions to any methadone users in this thread - what time do you usually take your dose. Do you wake up with W/D?

Methadone causes extreme constipation for me if I take it later than about lunch time I just can't shit the next day so I try and avoid that when I can. I drink lots of water, take fiber supplements and have read all about how to stay regular, so it's not that, it's definitely the methadone. When I used to self medicate I had a perfect system in place. Wake > Prep > Shit > Shoot.

The time I have my dose depends on when I can force myself to have a bowel movement. After that I have my dose. It's usually about 10 or 11 am if I wake up at 6 or 7, that makes it about the 4th or 5th cup of coffee/tea before I start to feel things moving in my colon.

Methadone doesn't last 24 hours for me, I'm starting to feel a little off when I go to bed - but I always use alcohol to mitigate that issue. When I wake up it's usually because of back pain, stomach cramps, legs that I just can't get comfortable etc. so mild withdrawals but nothing like the mild withdrawals from a shorter acting opiate. I simply have to wait until I shit before dosing, otherwise the stomach discomfort is just as bad, if not worse than the minor withdrawals that I'm feeling.

It's an evil, evil drug that may work for some, but it's fucking horrible for others and simply tolerable for others like myself.

Being on methadone is better than full blown withdrawals, and that doesn't usually start until about 36 hours after my last dose if I've been consistently dosing, so the build up in my system is there. If I've had a break of a few days for whatever reason (such as having money), then I'm pretty sick at the 24 hour mark and it takes a few days before I'm only in the mild withdrawal feelings at 24 hours again.

I've often found good information in your posts, opi8, and it is a bitter-sweet thing that this time you have helped me decide to avoid going onto the methadone programme. I very, very nearly did as I was in a confused state and more stressed than normal, but even just a few days, a few decisions, and things can change in a big way.

As I stated earlier in this thread, I decided not to go on the program after reading all the things I was worried about, I mean, the concerns in my mind that I had not mentioned to friends and family,printed in a post by opi8. All the things that I was conerned about, were described as fact in a couple of hard hitting posts.

Methadone may be suitable for some, so I don't want to change anyone else's considerations, I just wanted to post specifically about my situation and specifically to say THANK YOU to opi8 for driving home the reality of what it can turn into.

Bitter sweet. I am sure I've made the right choice now in regaining my autonomy, but reading back over your posts is hard. I am sorry that we live in a society like this. I wish you well. I'm not sure what else i can say. THank you.