• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Ajo Sacha?

CrypticArc

Bluelighter
In some ayahuasca brews, there is an ingredient known as Ajo Sacha, which is a wild garlic vine. I have no idea what it does, but everyone who uses it says it produces lucid dreams and increases brain activity. I'm unsure if it would produce a trip, or be classified as a psychedelic, as I can't find anything about it anywhere, so I thought maybe I'd throw it up here.

My question is, what's this all about? Anyone tried it? Anyone get results? It's an uncontrolled substance, and it's pretty safe, so would anyone consider trying it?

A quick google serach:

"http://www.rain-tree.com/mansoa.htm#.UeyzgdKsiSo"

Main Actions (in order):
analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antirheumatic, febrifuge, antitussive
Main Uses:

for arthritis and rheumatism
for coughs, colds, flu, pneumonia and upper respiratory conditions
as a general pain-reliever (headaches, muscles, joints, body aches)
for fevers (malaria, flu, etc.)
for general inflammation (external and internal)
Properties/Actions Documented by Research:
antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antihistamine, antioxidant, antispasmodic, diuretic, hypotensive (lowers blood pressure), muscle relaxant, uterine relaxant
Properties/Actions Documented by Traditional Use:
analgesic, anti-arthritic, anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, antirheumatic, antitussive, depurative, purgative, tonic, vermifuge

Cautions: None reported.

It's very pretty when it flowers, and people have reported it being useful in enhancing dreams, but I don't know if it is "psychoactive". Given that it's "used as a garlic substitute in cooking" - because it has the same flavor compounds as garlic does - I think if it were truly psychoactive, it would be more widely known.

Botanical name is Mansoa alliacea. Here's a technical report I found on it by those same Rain-tree dudes. It looks like beyond antioxidants, sterols, typical plant stuff, and garlic flavors there's not much else there that could be called centrally active.

I have worked a considerable amount with ajo sacha, in both its root and leaves, and it is a powerful teacher plant to be sure! It is used in traditional amazonian medicine both for "suerte" (luck) and protection (from bad spirits) and is an important admixture in the ayahuasca brew. It detoxifies the blood and builds the immune system and gives you very intense "instructive" dreams. It also strengthens the will power. I have used the plant for both its healing and teaching abilities extensively. I highly recommend it as you can safely work with it at home. It is undoubtable one of the best teacher plants out there and considered an "opener" of the the shamanic path in the amazonian tradition.

Last edited: