• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Supreme Court Rules Drug Companies Exempt from Lawsuits

^ I'll give an example. There was a batch of contaminated name-brand tylenol in 2010. Surely any drug, generic or even brand name, can be contaminated. Does this mean if you get contaminated generic, you can't sue?

I'm not sure if this would apply to contaminated drugs or not. Sounds like this ruling applies specifically to side effects and the drugs themselves causing problems but I have not yet read the whole ruling and all the background.

Also, 23536, thanks for the link to that ruling document.

Regarding generics... That's like me suing the Wright brothers' grandchildren if I get hurt in a plane crash.
I didn't say anything about generics. What I said was is that the original patent owner doesn't get any relief from being sued under this ruling.
Convoluted.

The thing is....you always get "the pamphlet" that tells you all the weird ungodly shit the drugs might do to you, but nobody actually sits you down and goes over the numbers with you! If you're the one in 10,000 person that has their skin just start to fall off the bone, you're just fucked?

I never heard of half this shit happen from illegal drugs that do from these FDA approved drugs!

technically the epidermis separates from the dermis because of an auto-immune reaction. A toxic metabolite of the drug causes epidermal cells to appear like diseased cells, and the body kills them.

Pathology is generally very interesting.

^Personally it just sounds horrifying to me! You take a pill one day, some nasty shit happens, but you're out of luck because the company that invented the drug didn't make the generic pill you took?

Fuck that! If you play you should have to pay...Regardless of who synthesized the drug or who approved it...If your names on the pill, you should be partially responsible...IMO!

It's like...If a heroin dealer sells someone heroin and they OD, can they tell the police..."Don't blame me, blame Bayer...they're the ones who originally had the patent...shit, go arrest CL Adler's great, great grandchildren...He's the one who first synthesized it in 1874, not me!